PDA

View Full Version : Film Tribute Competition [WINNERS ANNOUNCED]

Pages : [1] 2

stone
02-15-2012, 03:41 PM
Film Tribute Competition!

Introduction
With our new release - Sabre (http://www.stickpage.com/sabre.shtml), we bring you the 'Film Tribute Competition!' In this competition you will be challenged to create a tribute animation to one of your all time favorite movies. Whether it be War of the Worlds, Kill Bill, Lord of the Rings, or even just a series of films like Terminator. Choose a movie you like and compete against other stickpagians for cash prizes and more!

Requirements and Specifications
You will be creating your own fla for this. There will be no template required to download.
- 24 fps [You can feel free to change this to your needs as well. This is also more of a recomendation. ]
- 700 x 400 [You can feel free to change this to your needs. This is more so a recomendation. ]
- SFX encouraged
- Music encouraged
- You MUST label all your library items.
--ex: stone_graphic1 ( this also includes your sfx )
-
How To Enter
- State your name and the film you wish to pay tribute to

Prizes
1st - $800
2nd - $600
3rd - $300
4rth - This graphics tablet (http://www.tabletscomputer.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/Bamboo-Tablet.jpg)
5th - 10th -Stickpage T-shirt of Choice
Due Date
MAY 28th!
Hey guys, little update- [5/17/12]
Im giving users up to two weeks after the deadline to submit their entry. If you choose to use the extra time you will be deducted .25 points from your overall score.

Keep that in mind! and good luck!
-------
WINNERS!

Rating: 9.3 -.25 =9.275

Indiana Jones - dabigE13
Rating: 8.5 -.25 =8.425

Jurassic Park - Oxob3000
Rating: 7.7

Kemical
Rating: 6.2 -.25= 6.125 (short)

Jetli "The One" - AlfaAnims
Rating: 4 -.25 = 3.75 (unfinished)

Altair -Harry Potter
Rating 3.5 -.25 = 3.475

PM ME TO CLAIM YOUR PRIZE! Also, watch the video on announcing the winners here (http://www.livestream.com/stickpage/video?clipId=pla_78392e3c-4bd0-4240-924e-3a2765edc2ee&utm_source=lslibrary&utm_medium=ui-thumb)

-------
Entrants so far:

Mikematic: The Incredibles

SKINJA: Akira

X-treme: Black rock shooter OVA

Stickmanias: Tron Legacy

Fordz: Jumper

Kiske: Matrix

Gorilla: 300

ActiveFrame: immortals

Yun: 28 Weeks Later

Marshmallow_dude: Who Framed Roger Rabbit

Ultrachimp: Scott Pilgrim vs the World

Bond84: ZombieLand

Zed: Saw

PivotDNA: Ninja Assassin

AlfaAnims: The One , Jet Li

Hidro: Push

Shadowkirby: The Hunger Games (coming out in March)

Arch-Angel: Act of Valor

Philito: John Carpetner's "The Thing"

Meteor: Pearl Harbor

Oxob3000: Jurrasic Park

Blacktrilogy: Equilibrium

Mango: IP Man

Novatris: Bourne series

Stickmanias: Tron Legacy

Xrebellion: Ghost Rider

Animan: Avatar

Crizimir - From Dusk till dawn

KIDKEI - JAWS!

Cozen - Ip Man 2

EpicSketch/Biscuit - Hellboy1

Tobor -Summer Wars

Blue/Blueblade - Chronicle

CarlzChristopherJack - inception

Zixer47 - chuck series

Petski - Rambo

dabigE13 - indiana jones

Thegreatfighterx - Cloverfield

Quik - Hancock

Irian - John Carter

SingingCats - Mission Impossible

Mannez - wanted

Vincent - X - Devil May Cry

Kitsune - Chocolate

Datum - The Forbidden Kingdom

caliph777 - Harry potter And The Prisoner Of Azkaban

Travis -Universal Soldier

AngelXMikey -Taken

Memo/Datum - The Forbidden Kingdom

Donutkid - The Last Airbender

Rade - The Amazing Spiderman

HyMaster - Final Fantasy VII - ACC

Obsidium - Ong Bak

MX - Iron Man

Redsword - Kickass

Tobar - SUmmer Wars

Fp3 - Infected

Danmark - The Last Airbender

UPDATES!

Hey guys, little update- [5/17/12]
Im giving users up to two weeks after the deadline to submit their entry. If you choose to use the extra time you will be deducted .25 points from your overall score.

Keep that in mind! and good luck!

Note: If you don't see your name above, it does not mean you aren't a competitor. If you're making an animation for this, you can submit it for consideration for the win!

Yun
02-17-2012, 04:32 PM
I am so in this sh*t!

Mikematic
02-17-2012, 04:35 PM
Mikematic
The Incredibles
Yah booiii Le do dis!

Ashlander
02-17-2012, 04:36 PM
Depending on the due date i may enter. Length requirement?

Shadowkirby
02-17-2012, 04:49 PM
My jaw just fell off of my face. Must be in this!!! But.... Comeback Collab 3... I'll do that first, then this!!!

SKINJA
02-17-2012, 04:52 PM
I shotgun akira! Best movie ever
SKINJA
Akira

Thegreatfighterx
02-17-2012, 05:18 PM
yeah, i can be in this :D

im gonna do Cloverfield

GZento
02-17-2012, 05:37 PM
yeah, i can be in this :D
yeah I think you'd do well in this, considering the fact that
http://www.mzzt.net/tf2/crit/450207/snipe/FE0315/You%20have%20been%20assassinated./default/%A0.png

Thegreatfighterx
02-17-2012, 06:03 PM
oh damn, oh well better luck next round. (DIDN'T EVEN THOUGHT IT WAS YOU)

Index
02-17-2012, 06:08 PM
i'm tempted to do something like choose the K-ON movie and have the keions (fullbody) beating the fuck out of each other, but I'm going to have a lot of shit to do soon, and it'd take forever, so I'd also like to know the due date first.

Grim
02-17-2012, 06:35 PM
Index don't do that. The "keions" are too cute for that >:3

Index
02-17-2012, 06:42 PM
http://i.imgur.com/aNUWY.jpg

En
02-17-2012, 06:52 PM
Index don't do that. The "keions" are too cute for that >:3
http://www.mzzt.net/tf2/crit/450207/snipe/FE0315/You%20have%20been%20assassinated./default/%A0.png

X-treme
02-17-2012, 07:22 PM
X-treme
Black rock shooter OVA

Yun
02-17-2012, 07:43 PM
Oh. I want to do...

War of the Worlds. lol

Stickmanias
02-17-2012, 11:31 PM
http://www.deviantart.com/download/285769215/tron___legacy_stickman_by_stickmaniaz-d4q50xr.png
Stickmaniaz
Tron : Legacy
Okay... so, i just make it 2 Minutes. is that okay?

Fordz
02-18-2012, 12:54 AM
Instead of Naruto, I was forced to replace it:
Fordz
Jumper

I might need the information regarding the due date and the preferred animation length.

Kiske
02-18-2012, 01:41 AM
Kiske
Matrix

Stickmanias
02-18-2012, 01:47 AM
Kiske
Matrix
God damn Matrix...

Gorilla
02-18-2012, 02:48 AM
I'm damn down. 300.

oxob3000
02-18-2012, 04:18 AM
Aaww I would SO like to join this competition. To bad I'm so busy atm ;-;

ActiveFrame
02-18-2012, 05:16 AM
name = ActiveFrame
Movie = immortals
im joining this if its the last thing I do

Yun
02-18-2012, 05:56 AM
UGH, I changed my mind. I'd like 28 Weeks Later. Or if I have to:

Yun
28 Weeks Later

Animation will be badass. :o

Thegreatfighterx
02-18-2012, 06:23 AM
UGH, I changed my mind. I'd like 28 Weeks Later. Or if I have to:

Yun
28 Weeks Later

Animation will be badass. :o

YUN, ARE U ******* KIDDING ME? 0.0

that is one of the best (zombie <.<) movies of all time! :D

Marshmallow_dude
02-18-2012, 07:00 AM
Marshmallow_dude

Who Framed Roger Rabbit

Stickmanias
02-18-2012, 07:12 AM
YUN, ARE U ******* KIDDING ME? 0.0

that is one of the best (zombie <.<) movies of all time! :D
I never heard that Movie :[

ultrachimp
02-18-2012, 07:38 AM
Ohey.
I'd like to enter.
Ultrachimp
Scott Pilgrim vs the World

SKINJA
02-18-2012, 08:00 AM
Stick with scott pilgrim ultrachimp. I was considering doing that but then i chose akira.

Fordz
Naruto

I might need the information regarding the due date and the preferred animation length.

Naruto is a series and a manga, not a movie. Chose something else.

Equinox Fox
02-18-2012, 08:29 AM
Bond84
ZombieLand

Really wanna try recreating that scene at the carnival...

Stickmanias
02-18-2012, 09:07 AM
Stick with scott pilgrim ultrachimp. I was considering doing that but then i chose akira.

Not Really ... there is Naruto Shippuden Movie too

Zed
02-18-2012, 09:10 AM
Gonna make me a tribute to the Saw series.

SKINJA
02-18-2012, 09:14 AM
Oh dear god why? Jigsaw haunts me.

Stickmanias
02-18-2012, 09:20 AM
Oh Noes Don't Jigsaw again.. again and ... again

Zed
02-18-2012, 09:22 AM
It seems like the sort of thing that will give me a good variety of things to animate, good practice on blood which I need, and I think the people who come to StickPage will enjoy watching it.

Although my actual main justification is that I think I'm less likely to lose interest if it's relatively easily broken down into 50 small animations rather than one big one.

PivotDNA
02-18-2012, 01:37 PM
PivotDNA
Ninja Assassin

LuccasBode
02-18-2012, 04:35 PM
Aw god, i want to join, but i need to know the due date

Damm, too much collabs and competitions happening at the same time ;_;

Yun
02-18-2012, 05:40 PM
I hate it when that happens. ;____; And I still join collabs and competitions when I still don't finish them. lol

Fordz
02-18-2012, 08:51 PM

It's clear that you didn't see a Naruto Movie in your lifetime. Naruto has a movies if you don't know.
The Movies are:
Naruto the Movie : Ninja Clash in the Land of Snow
Naruto the Movie : Legend of the Stone of Gelel
Naruto the Movie : Guardians of the Crescent Moon Kingdom
Naruto Shippuden : The Movie
Naruto Shippuden the Movie 2: Bonds
Naruto Shippuden Movie 3 : Inheritors of the Will of Fire
Naruto Shippuden Movie 4 : The Lost Tower
(About to Come) Naruto Shippuden Movie 5 : Blood Prison

This list is for those who like Naruto and for haters : If you have nothing nice to say, don't say anything at all.

Jetspeed135
02-18-2012, 09:10 PM
Naruto is a gateway anime of the worst kind. It's a bad series, a clusterfuck of story and characterization that isn't very well done by any aspect, but which attempts to compensate for its weaknesses by adding in excessive shipping faggotry and DARKNESS. A normal person can see this as the shit it is, and may enjoy it, hate it or be indifferent to it, but all the while recognizing that the series itself, regardless of their opinion, is plain bad.

However, these very aspects that try to smear over the shit of its core make it a breeding ground for aspie, unsociable underageb& faggots who engage in every kind of faggotry both online and in the real world. The superpowered characters all trying their hardest to look cool, the jutsus, peculiar, colorful clothes, the whole ninja faggotry and everything about the Naruto world fuels their escapist fantasies, while the pity-party character backgrounds, emphasis on revenge, and overall preachiness of the series make it fit just right with the mary-sueish drives of your average preteen and his sense of unwarranted self-importance towards the world. Exactly the kind of shit that makes little kiddies and underageb& retards eat this shit right the fuck up.

Naruto is basically THE series to attract the most hated anime fanbase, which is why, regardless of individual opinions, it is the responsibility of everyone to troll the fuck out of this show and everyone who likes it.

Fordz
02-18-2012, 10:28 PM
Naruto is a gateway anime of the worst kind. It's a bad series, a clusterfuck of story and characterization that isn't very well done by any aspect, but which attempts to compensate for its weaknesses by adding in excessive shipping faggotry and DARKNESS. A normal person can see this as the shit it is, and may enjoy it, hate it or be indifferent to it, but all the while recognizing that the series itself, regardless of their opinion, is plain bad.

However, these very aspects that try to smear over the shit of its core make it a breeding ground for aspie, unsociable underageb& faggots who engage in every kind of faggotry both online and in the real world. The superpowered characters all trying their hardest to look cool, the jutsus, peculiar, colorful clothes, the whole ninja faggotry and everything about the Naruto world fuels their escapist fantasies, while the pity-party character backgrounds, emphasis on revenge, and overall preachiness of the series make it fit just right with the mary-sueish drives of your average preteen and his sense of unwarranted self-importance towards the world. Exactly the kind of shit that makes little kiddies and underageb& retards eat this shit right the fuck up.

Naruto is basically THE series to attract the most hated anime fanbase, which is why, regardless of individual opinions, it is the responsibility of everyone to troll the fuck out of this show and everyone who likes it.

Jeez, STFU. This is just a tribute. Don't ever over say anything. It's not you who's making a tribute but me. If you think I'm a faggot, I think you're a retard. I like Naruto because I saw it since I was little so I just made a tribute for my old favorite movies. Naruto ain't my favorite but it was the only thing in my mind when I made that post. Actually, my favorite movie is Ninja Assassin but someone already took it so I'm stuck with this. Anyway, my tribute won't be exactly like Naruto.

AlfaAnims
02-18-2012, 11:29 PM
Name:AlfaAnims
Movie:The One , Jet Li
Note:I'll try to animate a part (depends on the due date and such)
Note 2: Dont bag this movie. it is a good movie and it was a movie i watched when i was 4, plus it was my first M movie. SO NO BAGGING! bye ^u^

Stickmanias
02-19-2012, 12:33 AM

Very Agreed with you ...

Fordz
02-19-2012, 01:01 AM
Alright, Alright Jeez... It's not like Stone is against it. I love Naruto so if you all have nothing nice to say, don't say anything at all... I'll replace Naruto so that you all wouldn't be disappointed.
Fordz
Jumper

Gorilla
02-19-2012, 03:38 AM
Gonna make me a tribute to the Saw series.
Me and Adam are waiting, still waiting for you. Save us goddammit!
I love that series.

Endo
02-19-2012, 09:05 AM
The Saw Series?

stone
02-19-2012, 09:09 AM
Sorry guys, i'm unable to edit my post at this time but the deadline will be the end of may.

Hidro
02-19-2012, 09:10 AM
please don't spam this topic with crappy naruto things.
Name: Hidro
Movie: Push
i don't think its a great movie, but it will sure be a fun thing to animate.
Looking forward to see the other projects.

Shadowkirby
02-19-2012, 11:36 AM
Alright then.

Name: Shadowkirby
Movie: The Hunger Games (coming out in March lol)

I know the movie hasn't come out yet, but I can use much of my imagination from the book, thank you very much.

Arch-Angel
02-19-2012, 04:35 PM
Mikematic
The Incredibles

SKINJA
Akira

X-treme
Black rock shooter OVA

Stickmanias
Tron

Fordz
Jumper

Kiske
Matrix

Gorilla

name = ActiveFrame
Movie = immortals

Yun
28 Weeks Later

Marshmallow_dude
Who Framed Roger Rabbit

Ultrachimp
Scott Pilgrim vs the World

Bond84
ZombieLand

Zed
Saw

PivotDNA
Ninja Assassin

Name:AlfaAnims
Movie:The One , Jet Li

Name: Hidro
Movie: Push

Name: Shadowkirby
Movie: The Hunger Games (coming out in March)

If you wish to put everyone in list form, Stone, I look the time to go ahead and get everyone's names so far.

As for me and my tablet;
Arch-Angel
Resident Evil

Not too familiar with the movie series, but I have an epic idea.
Should be interesting.

Stickmanias
02-19-2012, 05:54 PM
Hey arch angel
my movie is tron legacy
because tron and tron legacy is diffrent

Arch-Angel
02-19-2012, 07:55 PM
Started mine today, only got to work on it for a few minutes.
Here's a screenshot of what I have so far on my first scene. I still have to add and tweak things, but I have everything organized and ready to be animated.

http://www.truploader.com/uploads/2_19_2012/252960RE_cap1.png

Philito
02-20-2012, 12:46 PM
John Carpenter's The thing

Meteor
02-21-2012, 08:01 AM
Meteor: Pearl Harbor

oxob3000
02-21-2012, 08:15 AM
Gaah whatever. I'l join and see if I get the time to make something.

Oxob3000
Jurrasic Park

blacktrilogy
02-21-2012, 08:36 AM
Blacktrilogy

Equilibrium

I was trying to do an anim inspired by it a while ago, I think this'll be the necessary push I need to actually get started on it.

On a side note, I believe an anime movie/series would be just fine as long as it has it's own widely known motif. Meaning that it would be easily recognized since it's made a name for itself, like how I'd be able to recognize a dragonball Z inspired animation because of all the cliches or concepts used that are related to DBZ.

Good Luck Everyone! :D

Mango
02-21-2012, 10:42 AM
Mango - IP Man

AlfaAnims
02-21-2012, 10:57 AM
Here is my anim so far, but im not going to start until like March 25th cuz im RLY RLY busy but i'll do my best and do my time :D
Here is the screenie :D= http://www.fileize.com/view/456d245a-663/
Not the best but it is somewhat part of the intro :) GL to everyone ^u^

FA break
02-21-2012, 01:50 PM
I'm in on this. I can't decide on what I wanna do so, when I do, I'll post up here again

Break
The mechanic or X men origins (wolverine)

I'm not doing both, I'm just not sure which one I should, I'll edit this post or post up again which one I'm doing

Arch-Angel
02-21-2012, 05:28 PM
I'm helping Stone out by adding all of the entrants and their movies to the first post, so when you're sure about which movie you want to animate a tribute to just post it in the thread. It would be easier if you didn't edit your post, just make a new one but please don't spam.

Also, I'm pretty sure if the movie is taken by one person it cannot be done by someone else. You guys know, first come first serve. I'll get in touch with Stone and confirm this, so just keep that in mind.

Stickmanias
02-22-2012, 12:10 AM
Shoot!
Tron: Legacy Is very OverOsum...
I need more time to do this
and Can i use Flash cs5.5 ?

Xrebellion
02-22-2012, 01:45 AM
Xrebellion:Ghost Rider
Im gnna watch ghost rider this week! My animation is gnna be a mix of the part 1 and 2

Lalli
02-22-2012, 04:16 AM
Mango damn you, i was about to make Yip Man. Well.. i don't want to make the same as you so

Name: Animan
Movie: Avatar

SKINJA
02-22-2012, 08:43 AM
Shoot!
Tron: Legacy Is very OverOsum...
I need more time to do this
and Can i use Flash cs5.5 ?
Does the front page say you need to use flash 8? No. So use cs5

Novatris
02-22-2012, 09:38 AM
Yo yo Knight and Day!

crizimir
02-22-2012, 07:49 PM
Name: Crizimir
Movie: From Dusk till dawn
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bBay_1dKK8 <---this is the trailer of the movie
i hope this will go well

Corn
02-23-2012, 05:36 AM
Is it possible to do Ip man 2? Damn, i should have posted Ip man when i saw this thread a few days ago...

KidKei
02-23-2012, 07:49 AM
I'll try to do this whenever I have free time :3
But for me...

KIDKEI: JAWS!

SKINJA
02-23-2012, 08:28 AM
I have to back out of this. Sorry but school is taking up all my time

Cozen
02-23-2012, 06:14 PM
Cozen: Ip Man 2

Lalli
02-24-2012, 06:16 AM
Cozen, that's really fair >_>

Biscuit
02-24-2012, 06:24 AM
EpicSketch/Biscuit
Marvel : Ghost Rider

dabigE13
02-24-2012, 07:46 AM
uuuhh no ones doing indiana jones right?
that might be the one for me! :D

stone
02-24-2012, 08:50 AM
Cozen: Ip Man 2

Excellent choice! Just saw that a couple weeks ago.

Lalli
02-24-2012, 10:15 AM
Good choice but not really fair since Corn just asked if he could do it..

Tobor
02-24-2012, 12:57 PM
Tobor
Summer Wars

-Blue
02-24-2012, 01:35 PM
Blue/Blueblade

Chronicle

Shadowkirby
02-24-2012, 01:38 PM
I feel lucky for picking a movie I can actually do. lol
Love the Hunger Games! (even though it's not out yet. :P)

Xrebellion
02-24-2012, 04:40 PM
EpicSketch/Biscuit
Marvel : Ghost Rider
Kindly look at the first page and the 7th page

CarlzChristopherJack
02-24-2012, 09:23 PM
I'm totally in, BABY!!! I'm making Inception!!! Yeah!

Zed
02-24-2012, 11:36 PM
Kindly look at the first page and the 7th page

I don't see why two people couldn't do the same film. I'd say it's relatively unlikely they'd both finish anyway.

zixer47
02-25-2012, 01:08 AM
man this looks awesome im going to try make an animation for this

zixer47
02-25-2012, 01:15 AM
also how do you be on the list?

zixer47
02-25-2012, 01:17 AM
Zixer47: chuck series

(User warned. Edit your last post instead of doubleposting)

Petski
02-25-2012, 04:59 AM
Petski: Rambo

dabigE13
02-25-2012, 07:29 AM
dabigE13: indiana jones

Thegreatfighterx
02-25-2012, 02:20 PM
you didn't put me in ;n; im doing cloverfield

Xrebellion
02-25-2012, 03:18 PM
I don't see why two people couldn't do the same film. I'd say it's relatively unlikely they'd both finish anyway.

Oh ok...as long as it is allowed then :3

Shadowkirby
02-25-2012, 08:06 PM
Hey, where do I get the SP intro with CJ and stone fighting guys? I need it for the tribute.

Quik
02-26-2012, 05:56 AM
When I am able to get back to animation I am probably doing this...

Sign me up for a maybe and I want do the film Hancock...

Philito
02-26-2012, 01:55 PM
I hope stone give us more time than until the end of may

Arch-Angel
02-26-2012, 05:27 PM

I actually emailed Stone and asked him the same thing lol.
Chances of it happening are very slim, but what if it did happen. I think they would have to be judged more on which one relates the most to the selected film.

Irian
02-26-2012, 06:46 PM
All right, I'm gonna have to join this even if I don't end up finishing it

Irian
John Carter!

Even though it's not out yet lol
similar to prince of Persia though, right?

SingingCats
02-26-2012, 10:46 PM
SingingCats: Sherlock Holmes (2009/2011)

AlfaAnims
02-26-2012, 11:55 PM
dude the end of may is good enough

stone
02-27-2012, 07:50 AM
I'll be providing us with a unique preloader and intro for the competition shortly. In the meantime just go without and continue animating your part.
I'm excited to see what everyone comes up with. Also, if you haven't been added to the list no worries- you are still a competitor in the competition it is just that the list has not yet been updated.

There is no real 'approval' of you being a competitor in this competition. The list serves more so as a point of reference for those who chose their film to tribute so we dont have 10 people doing the same movie.

dabigE13
02-27-2012, 10:27 AM
Oh good cuz ive already stared on my animation and its most likely going to be my best work ever! voice actors, storyline and my best efforts in animation

Peter Satera
02-27-2012, 11:19 AM
I think clarification could be on a couple of things. Such as...

Is Macromedia/Adobe Flash and Stickmen mandatory? :)

mannez
02-27-2012, 11:31 AM
manny/ mannez
"wanted"
AHHHHHHHHHHH this is so ON

SKINJA
02-27-2012, 01:45 PM
The comic is much better. Go read that

Vincent - X
02-27-2012, 02:52 PM
I'm in, please put me in whenever you see this post.
The movie that I'm going to do a tribute on is "Devil May Cry"
Thanks and yeah hope to see everyone rolling soon :)

SKINJA
02-27-2012, 02:53 PM
how do you start the anamation
http://digitaldaily.allthingsd.com/files/2010/02/double-facepalm.jpg
You open up flash (whatever vertion you have, this site mainly uses either Macromedia flash 8 or adobe flash cs5) and click the button that says 'New flash document' or something along those lines.

Shadowkirby
02-27-2012, 03:21 PM
http://www.fileize.com/files/91de41cf/319/hunger_games_screenie.bmp
Here's what I have for the tribute. The preloader is unofficial since stone will be providing the preloader AND intro for the competition, but I'm keeping the Mockingjay pin. I like it in that spot. So far I just have the music chosen, now I have to make the storyboard and shiz.

The preloader belongs to Yun, which I think he's giving it out to animators.

EDIT: Can we make our own titles for the tribute like DannyPlatinum's Sabre? I was thinking of naming mine, Famine.

Kamikaze
02-28-2012, 06:43 AM
It looks fun so I'mma give a try if I got free time...

Kamikaze: Battle Los Angeles

Philito
02-28-2012, 05:09 PM
damn brtdsw, good choice

dabigE13
02-29-2012, 07:22 AM
should i use the stickpage preloader on my animation?

mannez
02-29-2012, 07:26 AM
should i use the stickpage preloader on my animation?

well didnt stone say he was going to make a preloader?

Shadowkirby
02-29-2012, 08:38 AM
I'll be providing us with a unique preloader and intro for the competition shortly. In the meantime just go without and continue animating your part.
Yup.

Gorilla
02-29-2012, 11:43 AM
Yup.
That's what he said.

Kitsune
02-29-2012, 01:08 PM
Does this have to be stick figures?
When do you THINK this competition's going to be over? I'm obligated to finish a movie until the end of April. I really want to do something for this because it seems like a really fun thing to get into with a really appealing prize pool, but if you're ending it before that time then obviously I cant enter.
MarcK: Chocolate (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7t1wxTWbALw)
If you havent seen this and enjoy kung fu movies, this one's really fun and gorgeously choreographed. Autistic child fends off a crime mob with skills she learned from watching kung fu movies. It's on instant play on netflix too

dabigE13
02-29-2012, 01:56 PM
autistic ninja.... i think this guys got 1st place in the bag!!

Kitsune
02-29-2012, 02:17 PM
ninja

naw man were in thailand

KidKei
02-29-2012, 02:41 PM
Goodluck to you all

dabigE13
02-29-2012, 05:14 PM
Goodluck to you all
are you making a part?

Philito
02-29-2012, 07:20 PM
does it matter if we use copyright material like music?

stone
03-01-2012, 09:50 AM
So couple weeks into the competition, how far is everyone?

dabigE13
03-01-2012, 10:35 AM

not too far into it compared to how long the finished product is gonna be, but its looking good in my opinion.

oxob3000
03-01-2012, 11:17 AM
Ive only finished the intro. Got other projects to work on aswell @_@

Marshmallow_dude
03-01-2012, 11:21 AM
I feel like i made it some what far, though I barely have any animation, i still have almost all the tools planned out.

mannez
03-01-2012, 11:25 AM
...... havnt started yet :S not good but i have my idias and stuff right in here * points and head*

btw we can post screeen shots?

Datum
03-01-2012, 03:30 PM
Datum : The Forbidden Kingdom
may I still join?

AlfaAnims
03-01-2012, 10:46 PM
I haven't really done anything yet because im working on other animation comps. and collabs plus school so later in March i'll probably seriously start animating!

caliph777
03-02-2012, 06:34 AM
i want to join this competion
caliph777 : Harry potter And The Prisoner Of Azkaban

the new stick
03-02-2012, 07:02 AM
Spoiler for DOES ANY1 WANT TO BE MY FRIEND PLS VM ME:

this vid is like: WTF is this??

Travis
03-02-2012, 08:28 AM
Travis
Universal Soldier

stone
03-02-2012, 09:37 AM
Yes you can still join and please post your screen shots!

caliph777
03-02-2012, 03:17 PM
here is the screen shots
2740 I Hope You Like It :D

Reelax
03-02-2012, 06:13 PM
Nevermind that. I would like to tribute to The Matrix (the first one). My entree will be serious, but also kind of a parody.

AngelXMikey
03-03-2012, 06:17 AM
AngelXMikey-Taken, I think I can do alot with with this movie.

oxob3000
03-03-2012, 12:38 PM
AngelXMikey-Taken, I think I can do alot with with this movie. That sure is a great movie! Feel like watching it now :O

AlfaAnims
03-03-2012, 02:18 PM
here is an updated version of my intro screenshot, http://www.fileize.com/view/70261e97-e82/
u might think the two stick figures have the same fighting type, but within my research of the one, Jet Li, fighting and stuff they are two very different styles. the dark blue guys has a circle type of fighting style as the dark grey 1 has a straight fighting style. I personaly didnt really like the figers but meh ^u^

baloon
03-03-2012, 08:00 PM
oh yeah1 im gonna join alright!

Datum
03-04-2012, 10:23 AM
Im in
Memo/Datum : The Forbidden Kingdom

SingingCats
03-06-2012, 12:19 AM
Wan't sure if my first reply got through (new member - you probebly guessed)
SingingCats: Sherlock Holmes (2009/2012)
If that's not possible, for whatever reason, I'll be doing Mission Impossible

Biscuit
03-06-2012, 01:30 AM
Ok, I changed my mind. I won't do Ghost rider tribute because i don't want to have someone the same tribute as mine.
Biscuit - Hellboy 1

Donutkid
03-06-2012, 02:16 AM
Donutkid
The Last Airbender

(movie: meh. But I absolutely loved the series)

Probably won't be able to start until mid-late March. Pretty busy :/

Yun
03-06-2012, 09:23 AM
I'm changing my movie, again. So...

Yun : Saving Private Ryan

That will be my final. :)

Rade
03-07-2012, 04:55 AM
Rade

I'm gonna do The Amazing Spider-man set for release on July 3!

Jonathan X.
03-07-2012, 07:28 PM
Jonathan X. I will be doing x-men last stand since spiderman is taken..

bolys123
03-08-2012, 05:09 AM
hi guys im new here in stickpage^^ . . . . where can i creat stick animation?

mannez
03-08-2012, 06:07 AM
hi guys im new here in stickpage^^ . . . . where can i creat stick animation?
please freind this is not the place to post this. try a different part of the forum. :)

HyMaster
03-08-2012, 01:41 PM
HyMaster
Final Fantasy VII -ACC
I don't know if this can enter,But I'll try

stone
03-09-2012, 08:23 AM
How we doing guys? I'm interested to see some more screenies here..

KidKei
03-09-2012, 10:09 AM
Weeeeeell....
apart from school, CBC3, and my clan collabs...
I havent started anything yet, but I got some cool ideas papa stone <3

Obsidium
03-09-2012, 12:52 PM
Obsidium

Ong Bak

mx
03-09-2012, 09:05 PM
[MX]
Iron Man

RedSword
03-10-2012, 02:18 AM
RedSword: Kick-Ass

dabigE13
03-10-2012, 11:10 AM
http://www.truploader.com/view/655797
http://www.truploader.com/view/029843
http://www.truploader.com/view/282219

Tobor
03-11-2012, 09:59 AM
Gonna be in this,
"Summer Wars".

MojoXDt2
03-11-2012, 01:00 PM
Does it matter what animator we use?

mannez
03-11-2012, 01:09 PM
Does it matter what animator we use?

that dosnt make any sense..... maybe you mean program?

MojoXDt2
03-11-2012, 01:54 PM
that dosnt make any sense..... maybe you mean program?

Yes, I was wondering if we could use programs such as Pivot.

stone
03-12-2012, 10:08 AM
I will say you CAN use pivot, but it will be extremely difficult for you to compete because your animations will be based on quality. Flash is HIGHLY recommended.

MojoXDt2
03-12-2012, 10:58 AM
I will say you CAN use pivot, but it will be extremely difficult for you to compete because your animations will be based on quality. Flash is HIGHLY recommended.

Thank you for the tip, where can I download Flash?

Zed
03-12-2012, 04:32 PM
http://www.adobe.com/downloads/

Fordz
03-13-2012, 03:18 AM
To be honest, I have no idea how to start an animation without a preloader and intro, I am crazy in organization so I split these scenes into folders so it would be difficult to put a preloader and an intro when you give it at the time I progress... Any Tipz?

Kamikaze
03-13-2012, 06:09 AM
Might be a good start....
http://www.truploader.com/view/423759

stone
03-13-2012, 09:34 AM
Alright, i've went ahead and updated the first post with the new entrants. If you haven't been added just let me know.
@Fordz, simply add a blank frame with a filler that says 'preloader here' or something along those lines. That way its position is saved for the time being and you can simply just drop it into place when its time.

mannez
03-13-2012, 09:41 AM
Alright, i've went ahead and updated the first post with the new entrants. If you haven't been added just let me know.
@Fordz, simply add a blank frame with a filler that says 'preloader here' or something along those lines. That way its position is saved for the time being and you can simply just drop it into place when its time.
u forgot me. mannez : wanted

stone
03-13-2012, 09:45 AM
No I didn't?
(checks first post)

Nope, you're there.

Shadowkirby
03-13-2012, 10:08 AM
Is the preloader and intro done, stone? I want to see what it would look like.

stone
03-13-2012, 10:33 AM
Not done yet, I want to see if we can come up with something really legit for this.

Kamikaze
03-13-2012, 06:46 PM
You forgot me stone
Kamikaze - Battle Los Angeles

Philito
03-13-2012, 08:55 PM
http://www.truploader.com/uploads/3_14_2012/926392screenie.png
who's that pokemon?

Yun
03-14-2012, 06:29 AM
Not too sure if you got my previous post. I wanted to change movies since 28 Weeks Later sounds a bit too... plotful... So, I want to change to Saving Private Ryan. :3

Yun : Saving Private Ryan

Fordz
03-14-2012, 06:48 AM
Well, here's the preview of my menu and that's all I did for now. I'll try to make a written output first before moving on. Please tell me if I did something wrong or something.
http://www.fileize.com/view/ea54adb1-6ac/

zee-the-king
03-14-2012, 01:32 PM
There are naruto movies dude

Acrono
03-14-2012, 02:11 PM
Hope I'm not too late as i would like to join in on this.

EDIT: Deleted my previous film as i just flicked through the pages and saw that someone else has posted it, just isn't on the first post. So here is my new film.

Acrono - The Book of Eli

Kaizo
03-15-2012, 04:44 AM
I just joined yesterday so how do I make flash?

Acrono
03-15-2012, 02:13 PM
@ Kaizo

I presume you mean how do you make Animations? Or it could mean how do you obtain Flash to make Animations? First of all, if it's the first option we are going to have to go straight back to basics, learn the program and all it's features which you can find if you do a Google search, find some tutorials to get you started, i believe Stickpage have some laying around the forums somewhere, not too sure as I'm new here myself, then keep creating test Animations to improve yourself. However, if it's the second option then head over to http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/tdrc/index.cfm?product=flash again, found with a simple Google search, remember Google is your friend. Then download the free trial, please note that it's only a 30 day free trial then you will have to pay for it.

Hope that answerd your question. Also in future please post in the correct forum so we don't have to fill this part of the forum with answering peoples questions, im sure there is a support/help forum for that.

Anyway back on topic. My name isn't added to the first post yet :P

Obsidium
03-16-2012, 01:32 PM
http://www.truploader.com/uploads/3_16_2012/172696ongbak.jpg (http://www.truploader.com)

Psyder
03-16-2012, 01:55 PM
I don't know if someone took it already (Hoppefully no)
Nickname- Psyder
Movie- Die Hard

GenericGuy
03-17-2012, 03:33 PM
I may or may not enter this... I have never uploaded anything to Stickpage, so it'll be pretty bad...
If I do one it'll be on Indiana Jones...
It'll be in pivot, so if that makes me ineligible then don't put me down for it!

Mango
03-17-2012, 04:30 PM
I've got 30 seconds done so far, and it's looking all right. I might edit this with screen shots later.

Inks
03-17-2012, 11:44 PM
Inks
The Last Samurai [2003]

matzoball
03-18-2012, 07:25 AM
Matzo

Freedom Writers

Tsang
03-18-2012, 11:54 AM
Tsang. I'll do Wall-E.

Rakoa
03-19-2012, 02:35 AM
Name : Rakoa

Film : I Am Legend

Arch-Angel
03-19-2012, 05:04 PM
I went ahead and changed mine to Act of Valor. I saw it this weekend with my good buddy who is actually going into the Marines lol.
Fucking epic movie. It's going to be even more epic to animate a tribute to.

stone
03-20-2012, 08:51 AM
Just a little heads up here guys, you do not have to PM me to enter the competition. You simply post your name and movie here in this thread. Thanks.

Villun
03-20-2012, 12:36 PM
Nickname - Surf

Movie - Scarface

Also Stone, Can the due date be longer than a month? Because some people may rush their ending and some people have exams.

KidKei
03-20-2012, 02:20 PM
Is there a set due date yet?
If not, can you make it not be for a long time.
School has backed me up like poo in a toilet.
I'll need all the time I can get for this as well.

ODDFUTURE
03-20-2012, 04:41 PM
Yes I was wondering same thing as well:confused:

AlfaAnims
03-20-2012, 10:50 PM
hey surf .. first >:[!! and second it is 2 months not 1 month... it is ending at the end of May not end of April. and BTW i like scarface :D

Nato_
03-21-2012, 02:47 AM
i would love to be in this. put in for the Last Airbender (not because its my favorite, it was dissapointing so i wanna see if i could do better than the director)

Villun
03-21-2012, 07:53 AM
Anyway, Sup alfaanims ^u^

Mango
03-21-2012, 08:53 AM
i would love to be in this. put in for the Last Airbender (not because its my favorite, it was dissapointing so i wanna see if i could do better than the director)

I'm sure a stick animator who can't even spell "disappointing" will produce a much better result than a professional movie director.

Villun
03-21-2012, 10:43 AM
Also, My anim of scarface will be something that is more of a fast paced Stickfight showdown, Morelike the ending of it all.

AlfaAnims
03-21-2012, 11:47 AM
Anyway, Sup alfaanims ^u^

Hey u dont have the right to "^u^" me! for now <.<

Yun
03-21-2012, 03:14 PM
I need a lot of time. I'm grounded for a while. ._.

flamedude
03-21-2012, 05:45 PM
Haha, those are some pretty amazing prizes! I mean 800$ A graphics tablet!

Villun
03-21-2012, 10:19 PM
This competition is off the hook! $800 - SP Tshirt In only 5 jumps, that is big if you ask me. I hope I get 10th place or something, Possibly 3, Never want 4.

DanmarK
03-21-2012, 11:12 PM
ohh guys.. how can you get your prizes if you win? :3

Villun
03-22-2012, 11:29 AM
I'm Dropping out, I got too much stuff to do :/

flamedude
03-22-2012, 01:02 PM
Go shadowkirby! Yeah he's doing the hunger games! Go sk! :d

Nato_
03-24-2012, 05:41 AM
the hunger games was a good movie too hope u make it look swell.
i kinda wanna change mine from the last air bender to resident evil apacolypse

Fp3
03-26-2012, 07:07 AM
Fp3.
Infected.:D.
when's the due date?

oxob3000
03-26-2012, 11:37 AM
Finaly getting started. I got 1300 frames so far
http://www.truploader.com/uploads/3_26_2012/282320Bild4.png

KidKei
03-26-2012, 12:30 PM
nice oxob :D
looking good so far

Lalli
03-27-2012, 03:03 AM
I'm dropping out too, i don't have enough time for this.

Harleyg
03-27-2012, 09:15 AM
Enter me please, im doing fast n furious the film

DanmarK
03-29-2012, 08:46 PM
DanmarK
The Last Air Bender
game !!!!!

Kamikaze
03-31-2012, 09:29 PM
Stone!I still didn't see my name on the list! this is 2nd time~

Kamikaze - Battle Los Angeles

theamazingjamez
04-01-2012, 06:24 AM
theamazingjamez - Captain America

Philito
04-01-2012, 09:54 AM
http://www.truploader.com/uploads/4_1_2012/676745preview2.png

NightBlast
04-01-2012, 11:10 AM
NightBlast- X-Men ( full Series

arjoon001
04-02-2012, 02:50 AM
Arjoon - Pirates of the Caribbean

Kazumi
04-02-2012, 11:10 PM
Royce213 - Tom Yung Goong

Ill animate the fight when he goes up the building to fight jhonny

lilg742ster
04-03-2012, 12:43 AM
Movie:Ninja Assassin
Name:Lilg742ster

I was thinking about doing the part when he was locked down and the ninja's tried to kill him

http://www.fileize.com/files/deae3f1f/579/Ninja_Assassin.png

Datum
04-03-2012, 12:07 PM
Royce213 - ongbak

That's already taken, freaking read the list.

lilg742ster
04-03-2012, 12:34 PM
That's already taken, freaking read the list.Dude, it doesn't matter. There's 2 last air-benders. And we all animate different.

DanmarK
04-03-2012, 08:12 PM
yeah... we all animate differently

renzei
04-03-2012, 10:41 PM
we only animate a part of the movie we want right?

DanmarK
04-03-2012, 11:02 PM
we only animate a part of the movie we want right?

yeah i think, , but i will make a remake of my chosen film...
il do it like a trailer style.. :3

anyways... whens the due date?

lilg742ster
04-03-2012, 11:26 PM
doesn't say

Kazumi
04-04-2012, 05:57 AM
Royce213 - Tom Yung Goong

Ill animate the fight when he goes up the building to fight jhonny

i changed it

Ghombeat
04-04-2012, 07:27 AM
good luck to everyone.
go and make good tributes!

Rade
04-04-2012, 07:31 AM
Thanks dude, and I'm currently studying full bodies to improve my entry.

renzei
04-05-2012, 03:34 AM
its ok if we use stick doods not fullbody right?

Travis
04-05-2012, 01:10 PM
its ok if we use stick doods not fullbody right?
lol you're asking that question on stickfigure forums

.__.'

renzei
04-06-2012, 12:15 AM
no I mean if we can animate stickman too ? cause I thought that we animate it fullbody so yea

Raxore
04-06-2012, 06:09 AM
I'd like in. Raxore: The Dark Knight

Gaaading
04-06-2012, 10:09 AM
Gaaading
Tremors 1

tr0llzor
04-06-2012, 03:12 PM
i gonna be in this

Kazumi
04-06-2012, 04:00 PM
so, um, can u animate this guys like fantasy or something??

like if i will animate jakie chan, can i animate him like shock??? in action??

Prasetyo
04-07-2012, 03:19 AM
How about if I am isn't in USA?

Philito
04-07-2012, 07:16 AM
pretty much this ^
I want to know too

oreo1
04-07-2012, 04:18 PM
Sign me up!
Evangelion

oxob3000
04-08-2012, 03:45 AM
^ ikr Jombo!
I'm gonna finish for shure though. Got about 1700 frames so far!

Kazumi
04-08-2012, 04:41 AM
so, um, can u animate this guys like fantasy or something??

like if i will animate jakie chan, can i animate him like shock??? in action??

guys, repz plz!!

A13x@nd3r
04-08-2012, 07:46 AM
I am In!!!!!!!

AlfaAnims
04-08-2012, 08:59 PM
inb4 everyone takes all the good movies and then 98% of them don't finish and blame it on being too lazy or busy.
I bet i cant finish cuz my is estimated to be like 6 mins or like 10000 frames or even more.

Fordz
04-08-2012, 11:19 PM
I'd like to change my movie to Resident Evil: Afterlife, I saw the movie and I thought the blood was gonna be great exercise. Stone, I wanna tell you. Please don't get disappointed when I can't finish mine 'cause my laptop's dead and I can't animate at the moment. I'm just waiting for a miracle to happen. My family can't fund the internet so this is my last money for the internet cafe. I'm sure to be back at June.

stickflashanimator
04-09-2012, 09:54 AM
I'm in, wish the due date wasnt so close tho, anyways...
Obase ~ Rush hour 2

Datum
04-09-2012, 10:52 AM
Wow! End of May? can it be like June 15th? I mean, I think I can finish by May if i rush, but it would be nice if we could have some time to refine our work.

Shadowkirby
04-09-2012, 02:05 PM
*sigh* hate to say this, but I have to drop out of this competition. :(
School is murdering me and I have some events that's coming up. Not to mention I have to practice for Senior vs. Faculty Dodgeball. I might finish up my tribute anim some time in the future, but for now, sorry.

Donutkid
04-09-2012, 05:13 PM
Dropping out.... Too busy =/

lilg742ster
04-09-2012, 05:42 PM
310 Frames, I got 13 seconds. Only 7%

AlfaAnims
04-09-2012, 08:41 PM
I'm in, wish the due date wasnt so close tho, anyways...
Obase ~ Rush hour 2
Damn ;n; another good animator i know that is in :(... GOOD LUCK!! ^u^

Irian
04-09-2012, 09:09 PM
Lol I love rush hour
ALFAANIMS GIVE ME A DOLLAR

AlfaAnims
04-09-2012, 11:11 PM
Lol I love rush hour
ALFAANIMS GIVE ME A DOLLAR
No Dollar for u!!! >.> i like rush hour too! Irian GIVE ME 2 DOLLARS!!

Platinum
04-10-2012, 12:29 PM
007 Series, Lets go.

stickflashanimator
04-11-2012, 02:51 PM
I was thinking of making it full body but, this website is called... STICKpage, so i shall stick with stickfigures... :D IM GOING TO WIN SOME MONEY.. STONE EXTEND THE DUE DATE, PLEASE...

AlfaAnims
04-11-2012, 05:22 PM
I was thinking of making it full body but, this website is called... STICKpage, so i shall stick with stickfigures... :D IM GOING TO WIN SOME MONEY.. STONE EXTEND THE DUE DATE, PLEASE...
Obase ur going to win some money? NOT ON MY WATCH U AINT!!!! Just Kidding ur porbably going to win like 1st - 3rd but dont be too confident u cant win this to easily, good luck though!

A13x@nd3r
04-11-2012, 08:53 PM
Im so in and gonna my film is Mortal Kombat!!

HyMaster
04-11-2012, 09:29 PM
Stone,Got some questions
1.If I win,How do I get my prizes if I'm out of USA?
2.Where's the preloader and intro that will be used?

Zed
04-11-2012, 11:53 PM
Cash is normally done through PayPal and you can do that easily from any country. Packages cost a bit more, but they still work. Just try to come in the top three and there won't be any issues at all.

stickflashanimator
04-12-2012, 05:42 PM
hmmm, school is all most over, but thats when you have to do the most... I might not make it in this collab after all, ill try though... If you could stone, please extend the due date! :)

AlfaAnims
04-12-2012, 08:19 PM
yeah Stone plz extend this due date to June 15th to help everyone get a longer better result :D

lilg742ster
04-14-2012, 12:03 AM
Can i change my movie to Kung Fu Hustle

Zinx3rd
04-14-2012, 11:20 AM
OH MY GOODNESS
People do not get mad at me but this is my first time seeing and realizing this page.
This is going to be great, unfortunately i will be joining in this one.
But I do wish to see what everyone else come up with (I can't wait).
The movies I seen on the list are very great movies (IP Man, Hancock, 300, Immortals, etc...).
If there is anyone who has not yet did their part, i would like to recommend someone to do HALO please!
Good luck to everyone and do have FUN!