PDA

View Full Version : Small Flash Question

FizzlemanJ
04-23-2008, 08:06 PM
I downloaded the flash free trial, and I just want to know how to use the line tool to animate. I know, it's a pethetic question, but I'm a slow learner. Do you drag joints, like in pivot, or redraw the whole stick like in easytoon?

Komaru
04-23-2008, 09:08 PM
It's actually faster to use onion skin, and the pencil or brush tool.

Exile
04-23-2008, 09:26 PM
No, it's not faster to use the pencil/brush tool. It depends on how effectively each person uses the style.

Use onion skinning and redraw every frame if you're going to use the line tool. Don't just move one joint at a time, either, that never looks good. Virtually every movement when done in real life involves the whole body, even when you're just moving an arm or something.

Komaru
04-23-2008, 09:41 PM
No, it's not faster to use the pencil/brush tool. It depends on how effectively each person uses the style.

Use onion skinning and redraw every frame if you're going to use the line tool. Don't just move one joint at a time, either, that never looks good. Virtually every movement when done in real life involves the whole body, even when you're just moving an arm or something.
Well, I guess you're right. It does depend on how people do it.

LN3uq
04-23-2008, 09:47 PM
With the line tool, you don't necessarily have to redraw each frame. You can also make it work much like picot does, where you move the limbs individually.
If you click on the white arrow (subselection tool) after you've drawn your stick figure, you can select each limb and move them like that.

FizzlemanJ
04-24-2008, 07:12 AM
I have tried that... and sadly I haven't had much success. I'd probably just redraw the whole frame anyway, like how I did when I used easytoon.

And don't worry about onion skinning guys, I've already figured that out.