02-27-2012, 11:30 AM
hi everyone

i made this little test on a moving background and some movements

http://www.truploader.com/view/372578

cnc would be appreciated

thanks

CrewKid
02-27-2012, 12:16 PM
Not bad with the movements, could use a little more easing and a bit more flow. But the clouds have too many shades in my opinion.

Slasher
02-27-2012, 01:32 PM
5 points for creative combo, 5 more for smoothness, -1 for needing some easing ,-1 for the cloud shades, and 4 points for the idea of having a moving background.
Total: 12 out of 15. not bad.

Kitsune
02-27-2012, 01:48 PM
The background needs some more variation. If you want to do a "background test" then just look up staging and layout design and see how you can draw an environment that's believable to an audience.

If you're going to make your clouds huge then don't make them bright purple. I noticed the clouds before I noticed the guy moving. Lower the saturation of the color. Go into the color picker and just make it closer to gray. If you're going for the whole monochromatic thing then it still qualifies in your color scheme if you have toned down colors.

The movements look nice. I like how this guy moves a lot. there's nothing really wrong with it, but exaggerating more of the poses in ways you see fit can help make it jump out. Try really squashing and stretching your stick in your next animation.

5 points for creative combo, 5 more for smoothness, -1 for needing some easing ,-1 for the cloud shades, and 4 points for the idea of having a moving background.
Total: 12 out of 15. not bad.
what the fuck kind of critique was that?
what did you like about the combo?
where do you think the smoothness worked so it's suddenly 5/12 of the value you see in this animation?
where do you think it needs more easing?
What the hell is wrong with the cloud shades?
Why is having a moving background suddenly worth one THIRD of the quality you see in this?
Why are you grading his animation instead of just giving him cnc like he asked?

Is this how people at fluidanims approach critiquing or something? because there looks like theres something seriously wrong with that

Slasher
02-27-2012, 01:55 PM
nope thats nothing about FA. I just don't know how to criticize. Sorry >.>

Tentionmaru
02-27-2012, 02:41 PM
the movements were actually pretty creative, nice work with those. I think the clouds may be a little distracting, if anything.

Kitsune
02-28-2012, 07:26 AM

Oh well just do what i said in my last post and you have a critique that'll help them out more I guess. Don't take it personal. Don't be sorry.

Also hi tention!

Chimero
02-28-2012, 07:32 AM

There is one thread you should read in this section. Figure out wich.
Back to topic,
I like how you've drawn the clouds. But I think the anticipation in your movements need some work.
For example the first kick. he looks like he was getting ready to punch, then suddenly his leg shooted out.
try to work on this and you'll be fine! Good luck! :)