PDA

View Full Version : Unrusting

Spazz
03-03-2012, 05:41 PM
Hey there guys, my name is Spazz and i have been animating since 2009. However, recently I have taken a huge break (one I wish I never did).

Anyways, tips on unrusting?

Btw, my run cycle has always been like that.

http://www.truploader.com/view/511087

CrewKid
03-04-2012, 10:57 AM
At your level its great that you can make such a long animation to study.
The major problems I see are issues with flow. The easing isnt actually that bad, just the motions should curve more and blend into eachother. Feel me? Flow not easing. Better flow would improve your product so much.

Spazz
03-04-2012, 05:15 PM
Thanks :) I've always really had that problem :/ I'll work on it though!

Kitsune
03-04-2012, 10:16 PM
This is a rare sight on this forum. You have no problems with resizing, your poses seem right, your characters behave normally and everything, but your stuff doesn't have much cushioning/easing/smoothing (which is rarer than other problems because stick figure animators usually learn about easing earlier, while the stuff your animation has strengths in would be what they get into later). You have a constant number of frames for each motion, and it gets to look choppy when you don't mix it up with slow and fast movements. I think if you just drew more frames for the ends and the transitions between each of your actions and really play witht he timing you'd have a much stronger animation, but for now I'd say you're in a good spot.

Spazz
03-05-2012, 02:04 PM
Thanks man, I'll be sure to work on it. I'll work with easing more (always been my downfall). Just asking though, what do you mean by cushioning?

Kitsune
03-05-2012, 02:11 PM
cushioning, easing, and smoothing are all the same term in animation. It just means you add more frames as a motion ends