PDA

View Full Version : My animssssaa!!

Wombat
03-05-2012, 01:18 PM
Here's some stuff I've made in recent time.

This is actually the first (but unfinished) combo. Started it to try animating with line, which I now animate with predominantly.

http://www.truploader.com/view/491360

This is another unfinished one, and the first test I did of what will be my RHG. (shhh...keep a secret)

http://www.truploader.com/view/862362

This was made for laughs. Honestly I didn't know where the animation was going. Oh well, that crap happens.

http://www.truploader.com/view/314599

That's it for now. Cnc appreciated!

Kitsune
03-05-2012, 01:40 PM
http://www.truploader.com/view/491360
there are 2 frames during the impact and it looks like it skips. Everything flows a little mechanically. try to have different body parts moving at different paces. Study some video of people doing this sort of thing.
http://www.truploader.com/view/862362
not much to go off of. the spine stays a little straight which makes his whole body a little siff
http://www.truploader.com/view/314599
his face doesnt have to react the same frame as his hand entering his body. it could take a frame to register in his head. Also I dunno more frames would help make it look smooth. I never liked expressions on sticks but thats just me i guess.

I like your stuff! I hope you can make something longer!

Excellion1498
03-05-2012, 01:41 PM
Kitsune, are you like the official CnC-er of Stickpage?

Wombat
03-05-2012, 01:50 PM
Lol thanks Kitsune. I knew abou the mechanical movements on that first one. That was actually one of my first line anims, and trust me, MUUUUUCH improved from when I was animating with brush.
I'll be sure to look for stiffness, especially with my RHG, so thanks for that.

Kitsune
03-05-2012, 01:58 PM
No I just like doing it. I love animation and I like helping people improve. I like it when a lot of people do longer critiques and not just me, because then there are more point of views as to how something's working or not.

That was actually one of my first line anims, and trust me, MUUUUUCH improved from when I was animating with brush..
oh ok well getting used to the line tool is one thing, but just try to treat line and brush the same exact way. I find brush way easier to animate because of the freeform feel of working with it but I guess some people have different processes and work way better with lines.

Philito
03-05-2012, 02:11 PM
is hard to appreciate your work because this anims are very short :/. In the first one your main character starts in the air: this is an easy beginning for the animation but kind of disorienting, some of the movements are ''choppy'' you can see this when the black stick gets up for the next attack he rises at some point, stops abruptly and then continues in the same direction to make that kick, all this could be done in one fluid movement also the anticipation is important I feel that you didn't give enough to that kick.
The second one is the shortest one I think you should post this stuff when you have it more advanced, looks like he made a hit before start running, im not sure, the arm should have followed the direction for some frames but it goes down as soon as he begins to run.
The last one, well watch out for the feet placement this one is choppy too most visible in the left arm and the right leg.
I liked how the body of the blue stick reacts to the hit, that kind of fluidity is what you want

edit: oh kitsune won me :(

Kitsune
03-05-2012, 02:19 PM
edit: oh kitsune won me :(

you added valuable input :I

Philito
03-05-2012, 02:28 PM
It took me 10 minutes to type that I just can't find the words.

Also wombat you should continue that combo it looks good so far just fix those machanical problems

CrewKid
03-05-2012, 04:53 PM
Your animations aren't very long. It probably took kitsune as long to type his cnc as each animation did to make lol but i wont lie they look good.
The second one however isnt even worth posting. Its like 4 frames!

Kitsune
03-05-2012, 04:59 PM
I'd say it's at least 10 but yeah also just try to invest more time so there's more stuff to look at for us.

Wombat
03-07-2012, 01:09 PM
My animations are short mostly cuz I don't know where to go with them once I get to a point. On the second animation no matter what I did after the first part didn't look good. For the sake of criticism I posted it.
I won't continue the first one. Firstly, because I'm not good enough to keep it going. Secondly, I have absolutely no idea how to fix the mechanical-ness. T-T"
Thanks for the CNC though. It helps me get better. But please, tell me how to fix/avoid the mechanical movements. I did actually know about how it didn't look like one fluid movement, and I don't know how to do that...

Wombat
03-07-2012, 01:13 PM
Also, I spend at least 30 minutes on an animation before calling it quits. Sometimes it just doesn't work out. The first one I posted on this thread actually had to be the longest, and sadly that took a couple of hours spread over 4 days...
._.""

It's kinda sad actually... Oh well, we all start at the bottom. :)

Mango
03-07-2012, 01:51 PM
I'll try to give some input.

To improve the first one, I'd suggest adding more frames rather than double/triple framing. This might reduce a bit of the choppiness.

The second one was done well. The gradual gaining of momentum looked relatively accurate. My only suggestion would be to make the animation a bit lengthier so I can offer better C&C. Same goes for the third.

Overall, these were fairly well done. I look forward to seeing some more progress from you.

Keep it up! :>

Loopy
03-07-2012, 05:45 PM
Wobbles are improved with practice, so I won't really comment about that
Like Kitsune said some more flow to the movements, right now there a tad mechanical, and I also see some stop and go, like where he jumps and spins on the combo
I see some definite improvement, sorry I can't give a lot of CnC ATM, on my phone cause I haven't been active at all now for awhile and just thought i'd help a little

Wombat
03-08-2012, 02:26 PM
Wow I never expected even this many coments! Thanks for all the advice guys it really does help.
I'm actually working on the first animation ATM. I figured out how to fix the mechanical movements, so instead of looking like three choppy movements, it's starting to look like one fluid move. I also hope to work on the second one as well, especially since he'll be my RHG character, so you'll be seeing more of him.
Again, thanks for all the CNC, it really motivates me to continue improving.