PDA

View Full Version : walking test / one of my best anims

stickcomix
03-09-2012, 07:44 PM
well its an animation of a character i made walking yay i got a little lazy so i ended it ubruptly its 30 fps so i think it turned out well
http://www.truploader.com/view/769319 this is it :| tell me what you think

Rathaken
03-09-2012, 08:19 PM
This is officially the first Pivot thread I ever commented :D. Is good and it works. here's my CnC: The arms swing way too far and the body is leaned too far forward. Since his moving at a slow pase, you shouldn't make him lean like that. is also a bit choppy, Im not sure or aware if pivot as an onion skinning option :). I also am aware you have flash b.c of your youtube videos. If you want check out my tutorials, My style is very similar to a pivot animation process and easier, so might work for ya. I taught a former pivoter, and that's what he told me, hence it was very easy for him to pick up my style and animate :D... I decided to make a 10 video tutorial that would teach all there is to know about learning my style. well, thats optional! Wishing you much luck bro! Keep animating :D!

stickcomix
03-09-2012, 08:23 PM
thanks dude yah im still working on getting it right and with the arms thing i know it was supposed to run but if i went anymore he flew practically this is 30 fps the end and begging got screwed up so anyway yah ive been seeing them on youtube i can only do frame by frame im almost positvie my version of flash doesnt have tweening anyways thanks for the critiscm very helpful :D

stickcomix
03-09-2012, 08:24 PM
Im not sure or aware if pivot as an onion skinning option :).!

no it doesnt i would be very helpful though

Lalli
03-09-2012, 11:54 PM
You liar, pivot does have onion skin. You don't have to choose it from options, it's there by default and you can't get rid of it.
It shows the onion skin from one frame before.

raynmetal
03-10-2012, 08:43 AM
Yes Pivot does have onionskin.
Cnc:
A) As creative said, guy was leaning forward a little bit too much.
B) Feet were sliding around like crazy, try and keep the planted until the stick makes the next step.
C) Steps were too far a part, try having a gap of about 3-4 pixels between the two.
D) Ease the stick. (where placing foot and just lifting of backfoot are the slowest, and when the legs cross the fastest.
E) Stiffness. Move every single joint in a frame,or at least as many as possible.
F) Jerkiness. Despite E, don't make your stickman have convulsions. Make sure the movements are consistent
G) Inertia. IMPORTANT AS HELL. For example, you raise your elbow while keeping your forearm slightly loose(when walking perhaps). When you slow down and stop the elbow, forearm will continue moving, and slow down a bit later. Kinda like a whip. You'll want to exaggerate this slightly while animating
H) Observe how people from the real world move. Helps, a lot.

Sorry for so many points >.>

stickcomix
03-10-2012, 04:20 PM
oops i forgot dammit XD and thanks dude for the tips ill make sure to think about it XD

Zed
03-11-2012, 01:32 AM
C) Steps were too far a part, try having a gap of about 3-4 pixels between the two.
D) Ease the stick. (where placing foot and just lifting of backfoot are the slowest, and when the legs cross the fastest.

I disagree with these.
C) The steps were certainly too far apart, but 3-4 pixels is way too close. I'd say just do what looks natural.

D) In a walk you need the steps to flow into each other. When you walk you don't slow down after every step. The best way to do it would be to move the centre dot exactly the same (small) amount each frame and then work the legs around that. Although it should move up and down a bit as the legs cross.

Stickcomix, have a foot placement tutorial (http://forums.stickpage.com/showthread.php?31100-How-to-maintain-foot-placement) :).

stickcomix
03-13-2012, 03:58 PM
I disagree with these.
C) The steps were certainly too far apart, but 3-4 pixels is way too close. I'd say just do what looks natural.

D) In a walk you need the steps to flow into each other. When you walk you don't slow down after every step. The best way to do it would be to move the centre dot exactly the same (small) amount each frame and then work the legs around that. Although it should move up and down a bit as the legs cross.

Stickcomix, have a foot placement tutorial (http://forums.stickpage.com/showthread.php?31100-How-to-maintain-foot-placement) :).

thanks for the tips ill be sure to check out the tutorial :)

Arch-Angel
03-13-2012, 04:42 PM
three to four pixels apart. Holy shit is it some ninety year old grandma trying to move from one side of the living room to the other >_>
Record yourself slowly walking and count the pixels...

stickcomix
05-14-2012, 03:15 PM
three to four pixels apart. Holy shit is it some ninety year old grandma trying to move from one side of the living room to the other >_>
Record yourself slowly walking and count the pixels...

Alright havent checked this in forever but i dont believe i want to count the pixels of my camera its really high def so it would be a little hard although i think its a good idea to atleast5 shceck the motion so all in all thank you for the tips

dabigE13
05-14-2012, 05:19 PM
maybe instead of counting pixels you could pretend the character is life size! when you walk you step about a foot out! learn what that would look like! your stick looks like he would be stepping 3 feet out if he was life size!

Harleyg
05-14-2012, 10:38 PM
when he lands the foot, it jogs, but allright :p

Zed
05-15-2012, 07:35 AM
maybe instead of counting pixels you could pretend the character is life size! when you walk you step about a foot out! learn what that would look like! your stick looks like he would be stepping 3 feet out if he was life size!

The exclamation marks hurt me.

bubbles
05-15-2012, 08:06 AM
Work on the basics man. Primarily easing and stiffness. You need to move every joint in every frame and ease movements at the start and end. From there you can work on the other problems.
The width of the steps has already addressed, I see no need to reiterate.

stickcomix
05-25-2012, 08:36 PM
thanks for all the feeedback guys ive been working on it i was gonna post a new one that was a lot better but i was clearing out my computer after about three years worth of animations and videos so i lost it on accident >_< but yeah i recorded myself walking and all that i studied it and i think im better at it now i really do appreciate all the helpful feedback :D