PDA

View Full Version : Sword jump and attack test

jadriel0117
03-14-2012, 02:05 AM
Hello everybody!

this is my jump and attack test (with sword)
http://www.fileize.com/view/95a1ef94-f32/

and I surely used ANTICIPATION

CnC :)

Nanite
03-14-2012, 02:54 AM
Alright, good now that you got anticipation going try to get more easing in the landing.
He landed very stiffly, when a person jumps just after their feet touch the ground, they crouch a bit more to absorb the impact.

video yourself landing from a jump, and reference it from there.

Fordz
03-14-2012, 06:29 AM
Fix the beginning of your Jump too 'cause it doesn't apply the law of inertia to it. When jumping after running, at least tilt when lowering the body.

jadriel0117
03-14-2012, 06:34 AM
Fix the beginning of your Jump too 'cause it doesn't apply the law of inertia to it. When jumping after running, at least tilt when lowering the body.

The law of Inertia.......
"an object at rest tends to remain at rest?" how does it relate?

raynmetal
03-14-2012, 10:15 AM
*Ahem* Inertia is actually the ability of an object to resist change, be it from rest to motion, or from motion to rest.
That means the sticks torso (actually anything above the foot) will have to move forward (to varying degrees. The head will move the most, shins the least, that kinda thing.)
Also, in my opinion, the crouch was fine.What needs to be worked on, is stiffness. Its everywhere in your animation. The sword looked like it was copy-pasted into every frame, without even rotating it slightly. During the run the feet seemed glued to the ground until the next foot was put forward. That generally isn't a natural run. The ending pose didn't have enough easing to it, and once again the sword seems very incidental to the whole process instead of being a real part of it.

Moar physics. The movement of a jumping person or actually any object launched into the air tends to be more of an arc than a *coughcough* triangle.

Resizing. 'Nuf said

You need more in-between frames in the air. While it might be harder than simply adding a blur, the result is far more satisfying.

Fp3
03-15-2012, 03:41 AM
physics...... pretty complicated

jack567720
03-16-2012, 01:47 AM
Nice move:D

If you can do more with landing posture,it will be smoother and more perfect.

jadriel0117
03-17-2012, 05:08 PM
Actually, I'm goonna make is a spinning attack but.... it became awkward 0_o