PDA

View Full Version : grenade baseball.

Chewy
03-15-2012, 08:45 AM
so apparently we have a tablet on my school, so i made this

http://www.fileize.com/view/87a5c1fa-af0/

poppetje3D
03-15-2012, 09:00 AM
Dude , are that filters? Please teach me!

Excellion1498
03-15-2012, 09:02 AM
Coolest. Explosion. EVER.

therevenant
03-15-2012, 09:03 AM
woaw oh ah, again, woah!
(i want to say that this explosion is beautiful)

Chewy
03-15-2012, 10:35 AM
Thanks guys :>

@poppetje3D: yes, those are filters. I filter my effects really heavy and mostly change the explosion movieclips' blend mode to "Add" it gives it a shiny effect.

Arch-Angel
03-15-2012, 10:39 AM
No one else thought it wasn't that good?
The smoke isn't thick enough, and the explosion had no physics or reactions at all. The particles were horrid if there were any at all, and what did you do, give it a horizontal glow and strength out the ass?
It looked like a ton of hovering ovals. You could have done a lot better.

Psyder
03-15-2012, 10:59 AM
Wow Chewy these effects are amazing . I like it !

CrewKid
03-15-2012, 11:06 AM
Arch angel is being a bit harsh if you ask me.... But I think the effect is great! Love the smoke

Chewy
03-15-2012, 11:25 AM
Well, he is kind of right though lol. I CAN do better but it was just messing around in school honestly. Im happy you all like the explosion though. i'll be honest though, I have no idea how the physics of an explosion work lol.

Arch-Angel
03-15-2012, 06:14 PM
http://www.truploader.com/uploads/3_15_2012/326387explosionphysics.png

Basically its like cracking an egg and letting the egg flow out of the hole.
The explosion is going to escape from the weakest point because of the pressure, followed by the impact of the baseball bat one of two things are going to happen.
Either the bomb is going to explode and go past the character (to the right), or it is going to explode off of the baseball bat and be forced to the left trailing with the bat.
However, if the force of the explosion outweighs the mass and velocity of the bat, then the bat will most likely be engulfed and the explosion would pull off to the right.
Shrapnel and debris are very good assets to making a good explosion. The more shit you have accurately animated the better off you are. Nothing should have touched the ground
near the beginning of the explosion in your case, which is what it looked like. The flares only last momentarily before they die down and are engulfed in the smoke.
Now if you're fucking with napalm/incendiary explosions, there will most likely be little smoke considering napalm is like burning glue. I'm sure you've played halo or call of duty. What happens when a frag grenade explodes in terms of flare and color, in comparison to when a fire grenade goes off?

@Excellion, the coolest explosion ever was the fire explosion I did a long time ago with my "playing with fire" animation that burned the room and resulted in burning stickfigures crawling until they died lol.
Now that was cool. Too bad antiup went down or I would show you :(

Chewy
03-16-2012, 02:05 AM
http://www.truploader.com/uploads/3_15_2012/326387explosionphysics.png

Basically its like cracking an egg and letting the egg flow out of the hole.
The explosion is going to escape from the weakest point because of the pressure, followed by the impact of the baseball bat one of two things are going to happen.
Either the bomb is going to explode and go past the character (to the right), or it is going to explode off of the baseball bat and be forced to the left trailing with the bat.
However, if the force of the explosion outweighs the mass and velocity of the bat, then the bat will most likely be engulfed and the explosion would pull off to the right.
Shrapnel and debris are very good assets to making a good explosion. The more shit you have accurately animated the better off you are. Nothing should have touched the ground
near the beginning of the explosion in your case, which is what it looked like. The flares only last momentarily before they die down and are engulfed in the smoke.
Now if you're fucking with napalm/incendiary explosions, there will most likely be little smoke considering napalm is like burning glue. I'm sure you've played halo or call of duty. What happens when a frag grenade explodes in terms of flare and color, in comparison to when a fire grenade goes off?

@Excellion, the coolest explosion ever was the fire explosion I did a long time ago with my "playing with fire" animation that burned the room and resulted in burning stickfigures crawling until they died lol.
Now that was cool. Too bad antiup went down or I would show you :(

woah, thanks for that, really helped me actually. :>

this kind of CnC is what the minimations in FA need.

ChriWkz
03-16-2012, 11:34 AM
Those effects. O_O

Arch-Angel
03-16-2012, 12:17 PM
I stopped doing walls of text and visuals for people because someone, who is unnamed, thought I was harsh and called me an asshole just because I'm one out of one hundred people that will go out of their way like that lol.
Enjoy it while you can :3

CrewKid
03-16-2012, 04:22 PM
I stopped doing walls of text and visuals for people because someone, who is unnamed, thought I was harsh and called me an asshole just because I'm one out of one hundred people that will go out of their way like that lol.
Enjoy it while you can :3

Well Fuck that visuals is what helps most Arch- Angel! Please keep that up man!

kymjaga
03-17-2012, 12:51 PM
oh shit arch-angel thats very informative

yah i still like it even if the physics are off, i believe animation is about style and interpretation. If its interpreted wrongly in the eyes of the real world as long as its not disgustingly unbelievable im fine with it.

there is the problem of you just moviecliping and pimping it out instead of drawing stuff though, but yet again thats just my opinion