PDA

View Full Version : What's with the state of the Literature section?

Lobotomizer
03-16-2012, 07:52 AM
I really don't know if this is the right place to post this, so correct me if I should be posting this elsewhere.

What is with the state of this place? I know I might be a hypocrite by saying this but, people post, but they don't comment, the only exceptions being "total war" and "the merge" (even though I have no idea why they're popular at all). Most of the newer stories have little over twenty views, and even single comment would've been a blessing, when some of them don't even have any.

Then there was that thread which was one of those "continue the story" threads. It started out fine, really. Then the third poster? I think I read something about slamming the boss' foot with the car or something along those lines, and the fourth poster made it even worse, with...sexual acts and other details that totally destroyed the entire thread. Don't get me wrong, I'm not conservative, I don't find those paragraphs that that douchebag wrote appalling, but I was largely disappointed that people weren't taking it seriously at all.

So, I'll ask again, what's with the state of the literature section? Do you not take this place seriously? Just a few weeks ago I believe there was a "petition" to bring the literature section to a more visible place, but being the metaphorical trash dump it is right now, is it really deserving of that? Why isn't anyone doing anything? I've said before, I KNOW I'm a hypocrite. I don't comment on anyone's works, and hell, I don't always visit this section either, but I want to be more active, and I want to know if anyone of you are willing to make this place better too.

I'm sorry if I come across as harsh, or conceited, but I really am concerned with how this place is turning out.

bubbles
03-16-2012, 08:14 AM
Ah it's always been like this.
As for the continue the story thread, that's just our sense of humor.

Nikx232
03-16-2012, 08:53 PM
I would actually like to see a section for written RHG battles. Those kinds of things always made it pretty fun for me on FA. As for commenting on other pieces, not everyone has to commented on them, but when that one person comes along to give at least a comment about what they liked and didn't like, then those kinds of thing are nice too. Of course there will be the usual troll (Hopefully not), but those kinds of people are not that hard to ignore.

Nocturna
03-18-2012, 08:36 AM
I offered to build you guys a site, maybe I could've managed to build up a half-decent community. But you didn't even want it--In fact I voted on my own account just to try and make the poll results look a little less pathetic. FA had a great writer's community, although it was a small one.

You guys though, you just make me want to puke.

Devour
03-18-2012, 11:48 AM
Whaaat. I've brought plenty of good stuff to the literature section ;_;

Mage
03-18-2012, 11:51 AM
Its true...Dev is the best at writing here and his stories really good...to bad he deleted one and is making a new one that i have only seen the beginning of

Excellion1498
03-18-2012, 11:57 AM
I made that thread. I intended it to be good, but then someone came along and fucked it up. ;-;
I've deleted it twice now, and it keeps coming back a few days later.

Chromium
04-02-2012, 04:32 PM
What was that? I was too busy brainwashing myself with my daily dose of video game narcotics to hear your squabbling.