PDA

View Full Version : Zeta Force/Outline style animation test.

Nanite
03-17-2012, 07:35 AM
http://www.truploader.com/view/834991

had a go at the outline/force style made popular by Tentionmaru and Nhazul
I need CnC.

Excellion1498
03-17-2012, 07:44 AM
Mine might not be the best, but, I'll try and CnC.
The sticks are to skinny for their height, but that's just my opinion. The blast should have an outline, and maybe a fill, because it just looks lazy. Again, my opinion, style, okay.
The black stick should probably move a bit more before he is attacked.
Other than that, pretty cool.

CrewKid
03-17-2012, 07:47 AM
Zeta? Well the outline must be thicker, the anticipation is there but the contact needs more camera shake.

Smile
03-17-2012, 08:01 AM
It's wobbly. Don't use "I don't have a tablet" as an excuse because tention used mouse in all of his animations before this year.
I suggest using line or making your sticks shorter to make drawing with mouse easier.
when the green guy jumps, his legs didn't even bend for it. When jumping, the feet needs to bend to be able to jump.
The black guy didn't even move when the green guy was close. Work on your reaction. Maybe because it was supposed to be Zetabrand-ish that you gave it no reaction, but I think adding one is better.
When he lands, he just falls down while his feet are still bending. Usually, people would strainghten their legs before impact.
the effects wasn't good, you should work on that.
If that was supposed to be Zetabrand, add a camera shake to the punch too.
I really suggest using a circle as a head and making the sticks shorter and fatter. maybe you want that to develop as your style, but it's just not looking pretty so far. You need to develop your fundamentals first before developing a style.

keep practicing. I hope you'll improve. :D

Nanite
03-17-2012, 05:35 PM
^alright thanks all for the CnC the main problem probably is that I didn't make the sticks shorter and fatter, I'm too used to my style that I forgot to do that, and I actually am using a tablet o_o

Quik
03-17-2012, 05:48 PM
OK... SZ you did something I absolutely hate...

Using outline and then think just because of that you used zetabrand style...

That ain't how it works...

1. Outlines don't mean shit if you haven't captured anything about their movement and way of animating...

2. Nhazul and Tentionmaru are both inventors of this style but it isn't just them who uses it... so this means that even if you utilized zeta style correctly it doesn't mean you look like them in anyway...

3.Your take on their style is completely wrong... first off they often use a hella alot of Vcam shakes to cover up either over-framed or exaggerated movements... here I see no real vcam shakes...

4. They also use blinding (use of blurred, white, dark, or colored temporary masking made for eye confusion...) to make the attack seem more intense... with out blinding your attacks don't seem very forceful or effective...

Think about it... if I punched you in the face right now you wouldn't be able to see it clearly, you would either blink or not be able to see it clearly due to blinded trauma...

Therefore blinding is one of their somewhat needed techniques...

Take these bits of cnc in mind...

danick
03-17-2012, 05:50 PM
you should smooth you outlines...

that's all I have to add...

:eek:

Nanite
03-17-2012, 05:52 PM
^alright, I'll take those into mind and I'll study more of their anims.