PDA

View Full Version : My first fight anim

Obcidien
03-17-2012, 08:23 PM
(This isn't my own work, I watched a tutorial on youtube and tried following the instructions as best as I could)
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=1zvlax&s=5

For my first fight anim I don't think it's too bad, any tips?

Obcidien
03-17-2012, 08:35 PM
Also check this one out;
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=35nc9jt&s=5

Not a fight but I'm sure you'll chuckle a bit

jadriel0117
03-17-2012, 11:46 PM
Cool! I like the moves

mizu
03-17-2012, 11:59 PM
everything had no easing. no flow. no basics what so ever. start with simple things. like easing tests, maybe just a ball flowing form side to side with a fps of 17. then move on to fights.

Obcidien
03-18-2012, 09:28 AM
everything had no easing. no flow. no basics what so ever. start with simple things. like easing tests, maybe just a ball flowing form side to side with a fps of 17. then move on to fights.

This was my first attempt and I have to say that I disagree with you when you say no basics and no flow. I admit, it wasn't great flow, but it was still more than just going from point A to Point B. The worst part of my fight was the victims footing, which I can easily fix.

I appreciate your criticism but feel like you are being to tough, it feels like you are saying that it had absolutely nothing, like it could be compared to a square rolling down a hill.

(The second part that I uploaded wasn't meant to have flow or easing, it was just a stickman coming out of a ball)

mizu
03-22-2012, 08:33 AM
This was my first attempt and I have to say that I disagree with you when you say no basics and no flow. I admit, it wasn't great flow, but it was still more than just going from point A to Point B. The worst part of my fight was the victims footing, which I can easily fix.

I appreciate your criticism but feel like you are being to tough, it feels like you are saying that it had absolutely nothing, like it could be compared to a square rolling down a hill.

(The second part that I uploaded wasn't meant to have flow or easing, it was just a stickman coming out of a ball)i think you need to learn how to take cnc a little better. your right, its better then going from a to b, but what good is it when the animation between the two is shaky an un-appealing? your first was incredibly shaky, i understand your new and this is your first, but you should really try and keep the movements the same pace, you cant have one frame with the leg moving forward then back in the next. it doesn't look good and is fairly lazy. and i stand by my word when i say no basics. no flow. no gravity or physics or anything else. stay with simple animations. simple runs, simple movements like a kick. simple parkour maybe. simple. simple. simple.