PDA

View Full Version : Terkoiz Sword Move Test

Animint
04-15-2012, 01:35 PM
I have trouble animating swords, although I want to give my RHG a sword. Heres a move from FLLFFL's Demo that I copied in my own style.

http://www.truploader.com/view/203956

(Its the first move in the demo)

Drone
04-15-2012, 01:46 PM
dude.
if you have trouble animating swords, then dont give your rhg one...

Animint
04-15-2012, 01:48 PM
Swords are very interesting and it would be really fun to animate. Thats why I am practicing.

ITTD
04-15-2012, 02:07 PM
Pretty simple, I didn't get the 100% feel of a spin. and what he does afterwards looks like he's gonna pat a cat with the sword. Alot of animators wants their anim to be smooth but an anim is no good if smooth but not exciting, make the sword spin build up to an attack instead. c;

dude.
if you have trouble animating swords, then dont give your rhg one...

I agree and disagree:

Practise swords alot, study the use of it, how it can be animated, where it works to put it in, can you animate it when its not wielded by a user? A direction for you would be to practise simple slashes and then thinking: "Is there another way for my stickman to slash?".

I think you can put a sword in your rhg if you desire it so but if you have a problem with it, you're gonna have problems with your RHG...

Good luck! Hope my CnC was of any help. :P

EDIT: The "dark" part of the FX in the spin should be outward! Usually the "dark" marks where the attack has been, I don't think he's attacking with his hilt.

rainbow
04-15-2012, 05:41 PM
Hey dude, I like how you're animating a sword but try NOT animating something like Terkoiz, first of all it's not cool to copy someone's style. Plus trying to imitate Terkoiz is near impossible. But anyways, don't get all discouraged by what other people say, just continue to practice and you'll get it!

Kazumi
04-15-2012, 06:49 PM
that's hyunstyle dude, tnx hyuuuuuuuuuuuuuuun!!!!!!!!