PDA

View Full Version : Scene select AS help

Ssjbryando
04-26-2008, 09:59 AM
ok. So IM making the finisher collab, its almost done. but I have made the menu, and I made couple of scenes. I named the scenes 1-14 (I get a funny feeling if I look at how scenes is spelled :S) Ok so, Yeah. And With the scene select I put, For uppercut lets say, who is scene 5.

on (release) {
gotoAndPlay("5", 1);
}

Which was good D: I guess. but when I click on uppercut in the menu, it goes to the next scene AFTER the scene of the dude I just clicked. but uppercuts scene IS 5 :S Why does it go to 6. and when I press 6 ,it goes to 7.

Cause pancake is scene 4. (the first of the dudes) and it works with him.

HELP?

.Aklemo.
04-26-2008, 10:50 AM
Does uppercut's scene have 1 frame? If so, then it will go to the next. If any scene has one frame, it skips the scene... well for me atleast.

Also, the code I use that works for me is:-
on (release) {
gotoAndPlay ("Scene 5", 1) ;
}

Try using that, and it's spelt "Scene's" I think.

Ssjbryando
04-26-2008, 11:00 AM
yeah I know. its with the 's but it just Reads weird, when I look at the words normally XD its strange w/e

but it doesn't work =\ still thx tho, PLZ SOMEONE HELP? I wanna hurry this up

.Aklemo.
04-26-2008, 11:05 AM
Then complete the animation and then do the code?

Ssjbryando
04-26-2008, 11:08 AM
the animation is already done..

Komaru
04-26-2008, 02:02 PM
What about just putting it into all one scene? Then at the end of each one just put the code to go back to the menu.

Ssjbryando
04-26-2008, 02:16 PM
I know I thought of that. But thats as last escape. Since that will TAKE SOME TIMe! comone does no one know what else??? what the problem is.

twister50
05-04-2008, 04:05 PM
Scene 5 only got 1 frame? That means the animation is a MC on that frame isnt it?
If it is then the mistake is gotoand"play". Flash tries to play to the the next frame, but there is non so it plays the next scene.
use: gotoAndStop("5",1)