PDA

View Full Version : Short gun fight

Vigo
04-19-2012, 12:27 PM
Hey guys. It's been months since I animated fights scenes, especially gun encounters. I thought of posting short one here. :)

http://xtended12.deviantart.com/#/d4wzguh

mannez
04-19-2012, 12:47 PM
nice

dabigE13
04-19-2012, 02:22 PM
are you a tweener by any chance? the movements kind of seemed like it!

neonFA
04-19-2012, 04:56 PM
Its pretty cool, the intro was awesome.
But your actual movements need a little work.
Its super smooth, which is good, but you've made it so smooth, that nothing really has any force. Everything feels light, and the guns really lacked any sort of impact on the enemies. This was due to the speed of which the reactions happened. So he got shot and did a backflip? Thats great, but, you moved his body at the same speed the entire fall and flip. This violates the laws of physics, and makes it seem effortless and light. He should have fallen to the ground rather quickly, slowed down a lot when he hit the ground, speed up a little as his body uncurls and falls, then come to an stop. You never what to ease INTO an impact, if you want to create a sense of force. Would you die if a car going 200 mph slowed down to 1 mph and hit you? no. You would laugh at the driver. What also works, is a snappy reaction, if you know what I mean. Due to the fact that I can't rewatch this part over and over because of the intro, which is awesome, I may have cited a wrong example. but I'm PRETTY sure that someone did a backflip.

That little spin he did with the shotgun was also strange, he spun around quite quickly, the momentum he had would have turned him a little more. Always remember to follow with your movements, it creates a sense of realism and is pleasing to the eye. Keep practicing. your cinematics are sweet.

Vigo
04-20-2012, 02:28 AM
Thanks, for the replies.
@dabigE13 - No, I am actually animating everything.
@neonFA - Thanks for the long and nice reply. Well my goal is to make realistic animation as possible so I use a lot of easing however when I tried to make a fast fall to the ground it always goes so stiff and unrealistic. Maybe it's because of my style. I will try to use more force. And about backflip, well I didn't done any of those maybe it seemed similar to backflip as the hand was falling under stickman's head... Also thanks for taking your time for analyzing my animation, it helps a lot. :)