PDA

View Full Version : Surviving a Typhoon: The Sequel

Mustang17
04-21-2012, 03:11 PM
Greetings SP members, I was browsing around old documents on my pc when I found a short story I had to write up in 7th grade english called "Surviving a Typhoon". I read it over & I think it's pretty good so I decided to make a sequel to it with some of your opinions/ideas in it. Here's the story:

Surviving a Typhoon
by Mustang17
I looked up at the sky. It was getting dark. I’m stranded on an island on the Pacific Ocean. I didn’t know how I got here; I just know I have to get ready for the storm. I went inside a hut I made, got my things and started running through the tropical rain forest on the island. It started getting windy.

When I got to a cave for shelter it started to pour and the wind was fast. I realized it was a Typhoon. What was I going to do? If a Typhoon hit the island I couldn’t survive in the rugged landscape.

While I was thinking about that I put some twigs in an upside-down cone. Then I took out a box of matches and lit the twigs. It lighted up the cave. I was paralyzed. Right before my eyes I saw a family of bears huddled up in a corner of the cave. There was a mom, a dad and 3 cubs all staring at me. The bears are having shelter here because of the Typhoon, I thought. What was I going to do? If I go out into the Typhoon I will be killed, but if I stay here I would be eaten. I had to defend myself. I looked around the cave for something. I found a rock. I through it at a cub. The rock hit the cub’s nose and the cub ran behind its mom. Mom bear and Dad bear started grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrring at me and closed in on me. I found a big long stick and started whapping both bears. Dad bear jumped on me and started scratching up my shirt. “Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!” I cried out and hit the Dad bear. I fought the bears and beat them till they both were dead. “There’s some bear meat,” I said as I looked at the rip in my shirt. Blood everywhere.

The 3 cubs were huddled in a corner terrified. I suddenly felt sorry for them, and the bears ran away.

Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaammmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!!!!!!!!!! That startled me out of my thoughts. I looked behind me. A medium yet 350 pound rock was sitting at the entrance of the cave. Oh no I thought, if these rocks build up they could trap me in this cave forever. Luckily I was the strongest boy on earth. So I lifted the rock out of the way. When I was standing in the entranceway of the cave I saw the storm getting rougher. Rainforest trees were falling down and the boulder that landed at the entrance of the cave was caused by the Typhoon. Speak of the Devil. I looked up. The hugest boulder came down on me. I ran fast to get out of the way and I did but I wasn’t lucky. First I got out of the way and out of the cave. Then the boulder covered the entrance of the cave so I couldn’t go back inside. Now I was going to get killed in the Typhoon. Only one thing to do get back to my camp! I quickly ran through the rainforest and dodged trees that fell on me. Finally I was at my camp.

And now I’m going to tell you the other side of the story. Meanwhile miles from the island the battleship the S.S. Trophy was being destroyed by the Typhoon. Captain Brain of the ship was on his control panel calling help. “U.S.A. Navel force help us. S.S. Trophy is being destroyed by a Typhoon.” As the Captain finished his message lookout Pan came to the control room. “Captain you have to see what I spotted,” said the lookout. The Captain and the lookout went to the telescope. The Captain looked into the telescope. “It’s an island were saved,” said the Captain. The Captain then ordered the crew to steer the ship toward the island. “We might be able to make it to the island before this ship sinks,” Captain Brain said to his crew.

Meanwhile on the island that the Captain spotted I was trying to gather my stuff that was blowing away. Suddenly out of nowhere the grill that I cook on for my 3 meals a day blew right towards me and hit me. I fell face up on the ground and blacked out.

Back at the S.S. Trophy was near the shore of the island when Captain Brain realized he made a mistake. “This island I can’t find anywhere on the map it must be uninhabited,” said Captain Brain to his crew, “Turn around.” Just then Pan came into the control room saying “I spot something.” Once again Captain Brain looked through the telescope to see a person on the island knocked out. “Get to that island,” said Captain Brain to his crew. Just then the helicopters that Captain Brain called was coming.

Once the ship landed on the island (as soon as the helicopters landed on the island) the people from the ship and the helicopters rushed over to me.

I woke up. I was in a helicopter. “My name is Captain Brain of the S.S. Trophy,” said Captain Brain, “I rescued you from that island now you’re free to go anywhere you want to.” “Thanks,” I said. I was saved………

I hope you've enjoyed the story. Now post your thoughts/suggestions for the sequel of this story.
I'd love to hear them,

Mustang17

Gaaading
04-21-2012, 04:23 PM
Aside from the strongest boy and the bear battling bit, it wasn't that bad

Mustang17
04-21-2012, 05:05 PM
I was in 7th grade; give me a break.

Edit: This thread is inactive. Posting this thread for ideas for the sequel wasn't a bad idea. This thread could really grow if stickpage members were more interested in literature. This thread maybe dead now, but one day this thread will become active.

Damnit I can't lock this thread.