PDA

View Full Version : Monkey run loop

Mesmay
04-22-2012, 07:52 AM
http://www.truploader.com/view/690117

I know what you're thinking- this is a 1 second animation. I would have to argue that because it is looping, it has no length. What it lacks in length it makes up for in zen metaphorical meaning.

can i have some cc pls i know its short but im rusty xoxo

GZento
04-22-2012, 08:39 AM
listen here you little fucker, that was pretty cool, I like the detail you put into your monkey guy, only thing is, I wish the anim was smoother. It's just a suggestion, because I know how hard full body is...it sucks when Ive been animating stick figures for so long. This is far better than any attempts I've made at full body, in fact, its quite amazing. kudos pal ;)

EDIT: Philitos criticizing like a boss, I like your sig, its really adorable

eviltie
04-22-2012, 09:02 AM
Hi Mark. Pretty great, I like the design. It would be less eye-confusing if it was looping without tweening, though.

dabigE13
04-22-2012, 09:27 AM
it was a little inconsistent at some parts but very impressive! to tell you the truth i was expecting something lame but i got a nice suprise! :D
on the cnc side... the fps seemed a little high! what fps were you using? maybe try double framing :D

Philito
04-22-2012, 10:00 AM
hey mesmay I've seen your animations but never had the pleasure of talking to you.
About this anim, it looks pretty decent and I really like the character design but there are some flaws that make it look less "attractive": well from the outset it is a weird run loop, a humanoid monkey with little legs, leaned to the front and holding a staff must be hard to consider all these things every frame. There are some shaky movements more noticeable at the end of the loop in the back of the character that's where you change it to a galloping run, at the very end and for a couple of frames, I believe this is the cause, he made that little jump but it happens so fast that creates this chaky effect and it looks kind of fake :/, in the midle of the loop when he uses his hand to propel himself it looks more like he was taking something from the floor, but now that I think about it it also looks like if he used his fist like monkeys do, :confused: im not sure. Try not to keep the legs in the same place for so long: after he touches the ground with his hand the left leg goes back but stops abruptly, the arm with the staff looks nice after the hand-ground thing but after this it goes messy it should have some kind of bouncing movement related to the "ups and downs" of the body:
width=224 height=111
wave or whip effect I think, but not so exaggerated as this example because of the staff hitting the ground, this is just to illustrate.

To finish something not very important , there is some long hair on the head of this monkey I think it would look nicer if it makes some kind of movement because of the wind of a shake effect if he is using hairspray :p.

I hope you post more animations they are always enjoyable :)

Mesmay
04-22-2012, 11:17 AM
Thanks for all the crits I see what you guys mean.

Philito thanks for such a good cc post I definitely notice some of the things you pointed out that I didnt see before. Im kinda amazed youve seen my stuff before because I thought I was pretty under the radar atm so thats cool too! :D

Im continuing with this character design because I like it at the moment, and I'm going to do some more fighty stuff with it like this-
http://www.truploader.com/view/500686

Would like some cc for this before I draw the character over since it take so much time and effort to edit after I've drawn over it.. tried a different way of animating this guy, did it using some weird-ass "weight-first" style that I just invented 2 seconds ago.. this was my preliminary sketch-
http://www.truploader.com/view/799429
(basically i was just sketching out where i wanted the center of weight to be as well as any areas experiencing a lot of force. lolscience)

Not really any reason to show my working or anything like that apart from it might be interesting to see how I worked