PDA

View Full Version : Animator's Block [Flash][Advice]

Iccee
04-22-2012, 01:19 PM
Animator's Block

Yes, we all get animator's block. Its that feeling when you open up flash,
and suddenly you think: Wait what was I gonna animate? Its caused by
people that have trouble keeping something in mind or are distracted.

For example, when I walk home from school I have a great animation in mind and I am anxious to animate..
I open up flash, and suddenly.. I don't know what to animate.

Here are 3 tips:

Tip #1:

Just animate.

Yep. Just start to randomly animate something. It may not be what you expect, but once you get into it, you will start to get your ideas back or get a new one.

Tip#2

Get inspired.

Im sure most of us have seen terkoiz's videos. I usually get inspired from all animator's, even from some of you guys!

Tip#3:

Give it a break.

Just close flash and do something till you start to feel like getting back into action.

If you have any more tips, feel free to post them in this thread. :)

Just so you know, this is my first tutorial.. And plus I just joined. :P

Let me know if this helped!

stone
04-26-2012, 11:28 AM
Another thing to mention would be to try and see if you can storyboard what you're about to work on. I know it kind of conflicts with your first tip, but I've found that it allows your brain to really get involved and actively explore what you could do with your project.

uPnP
05-07-2012, 10:07 PM
I would want to use paper and pen...
using them movie techniques.

Make boxes and add scenes
make comments so you know what to do and add flow :D
just make sure to make it readable

tsukubane
05-22-2012, 08:21 AM
What do you mean when you say storyboard?

XaioShadow
05-22-2012, 08:30 AM
ye but my problem is that when i think of a cool animation to make
I JUST CANT ANIMATE IT!!!!! AAARRGHHHHHH!!!! i cant animate angles either i have tried and i SUCK

épique
05-22-2012, 01:00 PM
Xiao, this isin't a tutorial for that.

Patt The ODST
05-22-2012, 01:28 PM
Listen to good music. That's what I used for the ideas for my first 15 animation, all as long as the songs I used to think them up. Sadly only half of one was completed.

Or if you don't think you have the skill, then use notepad and just type it out (or write it in the real world >_>)
@Patt

Zero
05-23-2012, 05:12 AM
Actually, what Stone said is the first crucial step in animating. Many animators tend to forget that PLANNING is needed for animations. If you plan, 50% of your animation is already completed. If you guys want to be better animators, I suggest you read this:
-Animators tips and tricks by Shawn Kelly (Part 1 and 2)

I really like it, it teaches me a lot. It's free too! It's in a .pdf file and if you want, you can just print it. :]

DanmarK
06-05-2012, 08:42 PM
ye but my problem is that when i think of a cool animation to make
I JUST CANT ANIMATE IT!!!!! AAARRGHHHHHH!!!! i cant animate angles either i have tried and i SUCK

when ur thinking of an animation consider also your limitations.. and you will come up with a cool animation ^.^