PDA

View Full Version : Water bending

Fairytail
04-23-2012, 07:26 AM
After my first attempt at earth bending (in case you haven't seen it: http://www.truploader.com/view/101525) I have now attempted to try water bending, after this I'll try air bending, have almost figured out how, then fire bending.. and eventually I'll combine them or something.. untill I get it perfect

halfway I figured out how to properly 'bend' the water, you can see when the character makes the last few moves the water moves properly.. so I know the water is too 'shakey' when it gets out of the water.. I've tried helping it.. but.. well yea in the end I couldn't really solve it without re-doing everything

this is the water bending animation
http://www.truploader.com/view/293267

please if you have a tutorial or example video that I can learn from, or any CC, Is really appreciated!

I also want to thank FFA and Toggle for the CC, the tips you two gave me are of great help and will definately improve my next Earthbending video :)!

Fairytail
04-23-2012, 12:18 PM
:c

Shensurei
04-23-2012, 12:21 PM
You need to work on wobbliness and basic physics.
It was pretty-looking, but the animation was very low-qual (not to be mean).
You might also want to reasearch water physics a little more.

Fairytail
04-23-2012, 12:31 PM
Hmm yea, I personally think wobblyness it my biggest problem, I draw with a tablet.. it's a rather cheap one, but I something make my drawings too quick.. I hope it'll decrease overtime.
what do you exactly mean with physics? I know phyiscs are extremely important in animating, it can ruin or perfect an animation.. but what kind of 'physics' are in bending? have you ever seen 'Avatar'? (not the movie, I'm talking about the one with Avatar Aang) ( and this is not ment in an offensive way)
but I'll definately make sure to look into 'water' some more the next time I'm going to animate it, thanks for your CC Shensurei, I appreciate it :)

Drone
04-23-2012, 12:33 PM
there are certain ways that water flows and doesnt flow when it is being bent dude :P
so yeah.
bending does have physics

Fairytail
04-23-2012, 12:51 PM
Ah yea okay I get what you mean.. however, do you think the 'bending' looks good after the water has passed the character? because when he gets the water out of the water, and then he moves it towards himself, that part is really awfull, and.. I thought I was doing it right but in the end I really wasn't.. and I really hate how the water moves on the left of the character, but it was nearly impossible/too much work, to redo all that at the end.. and this is a test, not a serious animation.. so I also need all the CC I can have :L
so bassicly I'm asking, does the bending look 'correct' on the right of the character?

Drone
04-23-2012, 01:07 PM
hmm, no it doesnt really.
i think that once water has been pushed forward, you shouldn't be able to bring it back towards you, since merely hitting someone with water is pretty useless
usually when water is bent towards someone it is splashed on them to push them back, used as a whip or used to encase them in ice.
it is never used as a blunt force weapon then retrieved as you are doing

Fairytail
04-23-2012, 01:22 PM
Hm yeah you pretty much got all of thar right really.. I've thought of making it a whip, and I orgionally planned to 'ice' the water in the end, but.. well, I really dind't know how to do either of those, so I stayed with something slightly easier.. I will definately try both of them in my next attempt of it.. I'd love to hear your opinion on my next animation, which will be air bending :), probably 3 days or so.. depends when I got time and if I feel like it. keep an eye out

thanks alot for the help drone :) when I become a milionair, I'll buy stickpage and make you a moderator.

Drone
04-23-2012, 01:24 PM
Hm yeah you pretty much got all of thar right really.. I've thought of making it a whip, and I orgionally planned to 'ice' the water in the end, but.. well, I really dind't know how to do either of those, so I stayed with something slightly easier.. I will definately try both of them in my next attempt of it.. I'd love to hear your opinion on my next animation, which will be air bending :), probably 3 days or so.. depends when I got time and if I feel like it. keep an eye out

thanks alot for the help drone :) when I become a milionair, I'll buy stickpage and make you a moderator.
lol, no problem bro xD
and thanks x3

toramaki
04-23-2012, 01:53 PM
if ur key focus is improving ur wobbliness, may i suggest just making the head into a symbol and placing it into ur anim to keep everything proportional. as for the water bending itself, it was actually pretty good and the easing on the turn around was spot on. just work on continuity. hope this helped :)