View Full Version : tentacles and shit

Chewy
04-24-2012, 06:34 AM
haven't animated in like a month

so CHECK THIS OUT. http://www.fileize.com/view/5386c12f-6d8/

Shensurei
04-24-2012, 06:49 AM
The "tentacles" part was rather good.
And i quite enjoyed the "and shit" part.

Nobody In Particular
04-24-2012, 08:38 AM
Awesomesauce.

(TBH I was expecting to see some poop in there :()

XaioShadow
04-24-2012, 09:59 AM
ye me too :D

FailedClone
04-24-2012, 11:20 AM
Inspiring.
Truly.

Chewy
04-24-2012, 12:33 PM
Awesomesauce.

(TBH I was expecting to see some poop in there :()

lolol, i'll add real shit next time, JUST FOR YOU.

and thanks guys.

geo
04-24-2012, 01:10 PM
I noticed something that I'm a little guilty of in my own animations, and that's not allowing both figures to react to the forces applied.

For example, when Pink is mid-air, and does a snappy backflip to kick Blue, Pink continues falling straight down. I think for a kick like that to look more convincing, he would need to spring backwards, reacting himself to the kick he just threw. This advice applies ESPECIALLY to the very last kick of the sequence. I would love to see Pink launch backwards after that kick.

Most of the time, Blue hits Pink with a series of tentacle-slaps, but they don't really feel like they're affecting Pink at all. Pink's reactions to the slaps aren't extremely defined, so they don't feel as forceful as you want them to. Also with the tentacles, I think it would have looked a bit nicer if they weren't constantly moving and squirming around. It makes sense for when Blue is attacking, but I would have appreciated a little less tentacle-motion when Blue is standing or defending himself.

Hope that helps :D

dabigE13
04-24-2012, 01:18 PM
and on what geo said, what might help that is if you gave him personality! say he gets hit in the stomache, then he could react to that situation! maybe hold his stomache or recover little bit! you dont necessarily have to go this far with it but that always seemed to help me with the reactions! it did seem like he was barely affected! but i did enjoy it over all! theres just always ways to improve :D

acb
04-24-2012, 01:20 PM
I'm glad to see you're cleaning up your animation abit more c:

Chewy
04-24-2012, 11:26 PM
I noticed something that I'm a little guilty of in my own animations, and that's not allowing both figures to react to the forces applied.

For example, when Pink is mid-air, and does a snappy backflip to kick Blue, Pink continues falling straight down. I think for a kick like that to look more convincing, he would need to spring backwards, reacting himself to the kick he just threw. This advice applies ESPECIALLY to the very last kick of the sequence. I would love to see Pink launch backwards after that kick.

Most of the time, Blue hits Pink with a series of tentacle-slaps, but they don't really feel like they're affecting Pink at all. Pink's reactions to the slaps aren't extremely defined, so they don't feel as forceful as you want them to. Also with the tentacles, I think it would have looked a bit nicer if they weren't constantly moving and squirming around. It makes sense for when Blue is attacking, but I would have appreciated a little less tentacle-motion when Blue is standing or defending himself.

Hope that helps :D

I always try to add as many force, but i know my reactions are a bit off. this will definitely help though, thanks alot for this. :>

@dabigE13, i know what you mean, animating short reactions is usually my easy way out because I'm lazy, i guess i'll have to stop being lazy then :P

ITTD
04-25-2012, 01:34 AM
Nice man! But uh...the thread title promised us shit too, so it was a tad misleading. :P

Nobody In Particular
04-25-2012, 09:22 AM
Nice man! But uh...the thread title promised us shit too, so it was a tad misleading. :P

Hopefully Chewy will add some in his next animation. :)

Strike
04-26-2012, 03:35 AM
No matter on some of this little flaws,I love this animation. You've become soo good. :I