PDA

View Full Version : [scarecrow] a thing i am working on for an assignment

Scarecrow
04-25-2012, 06:48 AM
http://www.fileize.com/view/2e6a1356-19d/

basically just me putting backgrounds and scenes together at this stage, the actual character animation i've done at the moment is more like storyboarding.

there's also a scene or two missing BEFORE all of this but i'll get to that later because it's going to be tedious

requirement: must follow a theme about humans being unaware of their surroundings or some shit
my idea: a pile of rocks becomes sentient and does some things and humans don't notice because it is a pile of rocks

comments/suggestions welcome

Scarecrow
04-25-2012, 06:49 AM
oh, uh, sorry about the lack of a loading bar, i am submitting this as a file, not as an upload so i don't really need one. but for your convenience i'll slap one in any future ones i show you guys

Craziest God
04-25-2012, 07:36 AM
don't double post
Nice animations
I really want to know that what are the rock car was doing?

Philito
04-25-2012, 12:15 PM
I like the "feel" of those textures, I'm curious how did you give that effect to the water?

Scarecrow
04-25-2012, 06:37 PM
the rock creature isn't really doing anything yet, i'm just moving him around for the sake of experimentation

the water is a pretty simple optical illusion. in a movieclip: you take a bitmap texture on one layer, copy it onto a layer above it and shift it up by 1-2 pixels, then apply a looping animated mask of a repeating wave shape to that layer

if you right click > pause then right click > zoom in on the water a few times you can see what it's really doing

Philito
04-25-2012, 06:50 PM
oh pretty smart scarecrow :)

Vorpal
04-25-2012, 08:14 PM
oh pretty smart scarecrow :)
Scarecrow is like a mad genius of destruction.

don't double post

I'll kill you, hissssssssssssssssssssssss.

Yeah it was pretty damn good actually, I liked it quite a bit. It was a breath of fresh air from the typical.

Scarecrow
04-25-2012, 08:19 PM
thanks guys

my goal was to make everything look a bit more realistic by using bitmap textures (because i don't have to give a fuck about file size), but at the same time tone down the realism to keep everything cartoony enough for the actual vector animation to still look good