PDA

View Full Version : My Thread.

Lone Wolf
04-26-2008, 07:39 PM
I bump thread when I make new animation, kay? Good, alright, so far this is empty, but it'll get filled up with animations I make when I have nothing to do. Hopefully.

Newest Addition
Box Throw
http://i25.tinypic.com/1zea8eg.gif

List of Animations
5/25/08 Box Throw: http://i25.tinypic.com/1zea8eg.gif
5/17/08 Trail Test: http://i27.tinypic.com/desn5d.gif
4/28/08 Physics Test: http://i29.tinypic.com/2rpweiw.gif
4/26/08 Run Test: http://i25.tinypic.com/2a7y00k.gif

Automaton
04-26-2008, 07:41 PM
i started this off. hopefully a new dawn shall come when people shall all have their own threads. i have a dream that one day we can all celebrate with multiple animations. i have a dream... did i say that aloud?

anyway, i liked te run, but maybe the arms were too stiff and the feet too close to the ground?

Covalence
04-26-2008, 07:58 PM
the running was awkward to me.

it was mostly smooth, and the moving floor nicely demonstrates the act of running.

the arms were a bit weird though, when they swing up, they ease to a slow stop, but then jerk up, then go back down.

i didn't like the legs also. the back leg looks like it's being dragged along, bouncing on the floor with every hop the front leg is taking.

hope to see the other animations

Darc
04-26-2008, 10:18 PM
Actually, Jrock, I think Lone Wolf did this before, Zombpiv used to do it I think, and at DarkDemon, I think it's a rule you make a thread for all of your animations.

On the run, I like the ground's movements, but one arm was larger than the other, and that just looked weird. I think you should add one more frame at the end because it looks TOO heavy spaced. Dark's right about the easing of the arms, but I like the body and head movements

Elblem
04-27-2008, 01:50 PM
It was smooth, but not eased. Every frame was the same speed after the legs came together. Ease, get rid of stiffness by moveing every joint.

Lone Wolf
04-28-2008, 06:19 PM
Bump.

I'm proud of this one.

Darc
04-28-2008, 09:57 PM
It was meh, I liked the bounces but there needed to be more smaller bounces. The ball bounced too much and it didn't bounce low enough, like, it needed to have one of those bounces that go one pixel up and one pixel down. as well as the rest. Not much else to comment on.

Lone Wolf
04-28-2008, 11:25 PM
It was meh, I liked the bounces but there needed to be more smaller bounces. The ball bounced too much and it didn't bounce low enough, like, it needed to have one of those bounces that go one pixel up and one pixel down. as well as the rest. Not much else to comment on.

I tried the one pixel thing, but it looks more like a mistake someone made when animaitng. It looks too much like a fidget. Thanks for the comment anyways.

Jet
04-29-2008, 12:13 AM
the bounces were too long, and the lids bounced at the same height about three times.
The running was pretty smooth though,
however he was too close to the ground.

Lone Wolf
04-29-2008, 12:17 AM
the bounces were too long, and the lids bounced at the same height about three times.
The running was pretty smooth though,
however he was too close to the ground.

It only seems like that since it's minimized. I should've made the box bigger. :P

Jet
04-29-2008, 12:18 AM
oh right, lol.
In that case its fine.

Lone Wolf
05-17-2008, 10:49 PM
NEW ADDITION

So yeah. CC please. Main focus was easing, and prevent myself from getting worse, or lazy.

Blot
05-18-2008, 04:39 AM
there was something wrong with the run but i cant quite figure out..... mayb do the run with a lankier stick

just a suggestion

Automaton
05-18-2008, 06:19 AM
ive already commented the run. and like most i agree there was too much bouncing in the ball and boxes. maybe 3 bounces for the ball, each time getting considerably lower, and maybe just 2 for the sides of the box. i liked the trail thing though, not much to comment on.

GhostFace
05-18-2008, 10:01 AM
The run seemed stiff and too slow considering the speed of the floor.
Try and speed up your run, maybe think less frames inbetween.

The box anim was good at first,the gravity seemed ok, I just think that maybe you should of made the box look like it was getting broke open, rather than fall open. Maybe splinter up or something, give you more experience in that section. Also I feel as it got to the end of the animation, it was slow, the box sides seemed to flap rather than bounce and stop.

The trail, it's more of a tail waving rather than an actual trail motion.
Maybe you should look at a few anims with trails in and try that sort of motion. Now I know you said it was mroe of an easing animation, I just thought I'd state it.

How's that for C&C??

Lone Wolf
05-18-2008, 12:32 PM
The run seemed stiff and too slow considering the speed of the floor.
Try and speed up your run, maybe think less frames inbetween.

The box anim was good at first,the gravity seemed ok, I just think that maybe you should of made the box look like it was getting broke open, rather than fall open. Maybe splinter up or something, give you more experience in that section. Also I feel as it got to the end of the animation, it was slow, the box sides seemed to flap rather than bounce and stop.

The trail, it's more of a tail waving rather than an actual trail motion.
Maybe you should look at a few anims with trails in and try that sort of motion. Now I know you said it was mroe of an easing animation, I just thought I'd state it.

How's that for C&C??

Sounds like something I would say.

Thanks for the comments people. I didn't know what to call it, so I called it a trail.

Lone Wolf
05-25-2008, 12:44 PM
BUMP

'Kay, so a box throw thing. CC please.

Automaton
05-25-2008, 12:49 PM
well everything was perfect except i think it should have bounced a little onthe first landing, but yeah that will be hard to edit so the rest was perfect physics imo.

Lone Wolf
05-26-2008, 01:03 PM
Bump

Seriously, I'm thinking about making a new thread every animation because most of you guys just comment once on one of my animations, then never come back. I wish this forum allowed title changes...

power fuse0
05-26-2008, 01:14 PM
lol,
Lone wolf thats why this place is so poor.
But then.
I will prolyl have to bump my DD thread cause the beginners arent rating me there. And my Droidz thread is jsut being looked at. Not commented.
Every one else here makes a new thread per animation. You might aswell.
I like your animations
The square box thing needs to bounce after its first impact witht he floor. Otherwise it was beautiful. The Others were nice, Try animating something a little more challenging :)

Lone Wolf
05-26-2008, 01:24 PM
lol,
Lone wolf thats why this place is so poor.
But then.
I will prolyl have to bump my DD thread cause the beginners arent rating me there. And my Droidz thread is jsut being looked at. Not commented.
Every one else here makes a new thread per animation. You might aswell.
I like your animations
The square box thing needs to bounce after its first impact witht he floor. Otherwise it was beautiful. The Others were nice, Try animating something a little more challenging :)

Yeah, I'll just abandon this thread thread and make a new one when I make another animation. And I'll try to animate complex things, but I'm horrible at animating stick figures. That's why I've been sticking to tests.

Thanks for the comment.

power fuse0
05-26-2008, 01:25 PM
Meh. I added your msns. I can help you if you want. I see pure potential from j00 ^.^

die321
05-26-2008, 01:26 PM
Soooo, anyone miss meh?!?!?!
sup budz, meh cousin came down and inspired me to start animaytin' again. sooooo hai . . . ANYWAY, i think you've improved a lot since i left, but i have to say that they're probably a 8/10 (all the anims)considering the physics test had too many bounces. On the other hand, i like the little running test dude. You're doin good, keep it up

Lone Wolf
05-26-2008, 01:31 PM
Soooo, anyone miss meh?!?!?!
sup budz, meh cousin came down and inspired me to start animaytin' again. sooooo hai . . . ANYWAY, i think you've improved a lot since i left, but i have to say that they're probably a 8/10 (all the anims)considering the physics test had too many bounces. On the other hand, i like the little running test dude. You're doin good, keep it up

How many times have y ou left and came back? I thought the run was the worst out of the animations, but I understand what you said about the bounces. Thanks for the comment.

Meh. I added your msns. I can help you if you want. I see pure potential from j00 ^.^

Thanks, I'll show you my animations on MSN if I make some. But, I'm hardly on MSN, so yeah...

Stormwalker
05-26-2008, 01:55 PM
Yeah, I'll just abandon this thread thread and make a new one when I make another animation. And I'll try to animate complex things, but I'm horrible at animating stick figures. That's why I've been sticking to tests.

Thanks for the comment.

Well thats what gets you good. Hiding behind small animations wont make you less lazy or less bad , and thats kinda what I don't like , I keep checking this place and hoping your actually gonna post some .... actual stuff. Now this isn't offensive , but still you have to start doing something bigger.

Lone Wolf
05-26-2008, 02:48 PM
Well thats what gets you good. Hiding behind small animations wont make you less lazy or less bad , and thats kinda what I don't like , I keep checking this place and hoping your actually gonna post some .... actual stuff. Now this isn't offensive , but still you have to start doing something bigger.

I don't care to animate to get better. I animate because I'm bored a lot of times. If you keep checking this place, why not leave a comment? I mean, it doesn't hurt to give me a few pointers.

Frodomoj
05-26-2008, 03:09 PM
Lone Wolf, do more of this lurvely sync stuff.
Like in your sig.
It's kul
EDIT: In your sig and avatar, I should say. wot wot

Lone Wolf
05-26-2008, 09:31 PM
Lone Wolf, do more of this lurvely sync stuff.
Like in your sig.
It's kul
EDIT: In your sig and avatar, I should say. wot wot

Sure, but I need ideas. The avatar can't be longer than 40 frames, or else the gay file size limit prevents it from working, which kind of limits my options.