PDA

View Full Version : Monsterous

NoTrusting
05-03-2012, 09:19 PM
GroundXero Wanted me to show him some of my animations, they're really quite bad, but here you have it.

Link 1 (http://www.truploader.com/view/080751)

Link 2 (http://www.truploader.com/view/830632)

Devour
05-03-2012, 09:27 PM
Not bad. Here's my C&C:
Link 1: Try making your animations easier to follow. It was pretty jittery, and a lot of things were happening in not a lot of time. Animation's all about patience.
Also, that guy's "punch" where his arm stretched out had next to no force. Here's how to make hits appear to have force. Rather than easing into the hit and making it go a high speed, make the first 2-4 frames have extremely light easing, with the limb moving no further than from behind the shoulder to the attacking stickman's head (if this is a punch). And then go straight to the impact in one frame. Shaking the camera etc. helps too.
Most of all, practice! That's the best way to improve.

Link 2: It's really easy to see that the walk cycles are one-step loops. It looks like the stickmen are constantly taking right-footed steps.
When making a walk/run loop, its best to make him take two steps before looping the animation. It'll look much more natural. And practice giving your figures weight. They walk like they weigh five pounds.

LalaDale
05-03-2012, 09:34 PM
Nice! More practice will make you better! I also have CnC's but it's already above me ;)

NoTrusting
05-03-2012, 09:41 PM
OK, thanks guys, I'm going to try and decipher what Devour said about easing, then I'll try again.

stickflashanimator
05-03-2012, 10:40 PM
The first link was super wobbly, you should practice F5'ing, the part with the long arm was super off, and the other character that jump was super duper woblly, I actually liked the 2nd link tho, its was smooth, sad you didnt move the heads on none of the walks tho... KEEP ANIMATING, YOU'LL IMPROVE. :3

Oliver
05-03-2012, 10:57 PM
you animate like Sj8 :D

LalaDale
05-04-2012, 12:09 AM
Yeah after i saw the first link the animation "Dominant Stick" popped up in my mind :3

neonFA
05-04-2012, 02:20 AM
The main problem I see is that they wobble a lot.
the guy in the middle of your walk cycle test has his neck wobbling around his head. I like the cycle on the left, it feels like he has weight.

NoTrusting
05-04-2012, 02:41 AM
you animate like Sj8 :D

Yeah after i saw the first link the animation "Dominant Stick" popped up in my mind :3

Is this a good thing or a bad thing? I don't really want to look like a copycat too much. I'll have a look into SJ8 though.

Xero
05-04-2012, 02:59 PM
alright, you got pretty much the jidst of CnC from devour, pretty good man.
also, people around here just call me Xero (after my RHG) saves them a bit of typing XD