PDA

View Full Version : Whats the Best Type of Stickman Background?

sleepydan
04-27-2008, 06:56 AM
Yesterday I came across a Tut that showed you haw to make a good cartoonie background for stick or and other animations, I tried one out and this is what I came up with:

However I don't really think its good for animating sticks on. Can anyone help me choose the best type of layout for a stick animation, other than just a measly line?

Cheers:Happy:

Raffi
04-27-2008, 07:01 AM
Well, maybe a less sketchy syle, but I think that's good for animating sticks on.

You could use a vcam.

Kitsune
04-27-2008, 07:01 AM
It's nice! It's good for a regular background in the paintbrush stick figure style, but on the water, you can maybe make a dock or something in a slightly neater fashion. I love the clouds. :3

sleepydan
04-27-2008, 07:19 AM
Well, maybe a less sketchy syle, but I think that's good for animating sticks on.

You could use a vcam.

Yeah, I did have one ready for it, I did just watch one animation called Entanglement By Tman & Miccool, that was plain white, but it had like a part with a shiney floor like this:

I just don't know how to do the effect, if anyone could help it would be awesome.

I like the clouds too =]

Godfather
04-27-2008, 07:21 AM
I like the back ground.... Nice work.

tesoo
04-27-2008, 01:53 PM
Could you please give me the link to guide ? (:

Kitsune
04-27-2008, 02:03 PM
Yeah, I did have one ready for it, I did just watch one animation called Entanglement By Tman & Miccool, that was plain white, but it had like a part with a shiney floor like this:

I just don't know how to do the effect, if anyone could help it would be awesome.

I like the clouds too =]
Highlight your movie's frames
put it in a movie clip
put the movie clip alone on a new layer below your movie
Modify>transform>Horizonatally flip
Free transform tool to do whatever else with it.
Move the clip up on the stage like 5 pixels for footing on the reflection floor.
click on movie clip, and in properties, color>alpha, and set it to 60% or so.
Make a layer above the movie clip's layer
make a box without an outline. Go to color mixer and make the color type linear
Set the linear from white 100%alpha to white 0%alpha.
Use fill transform tool to make the fill vertical by rotating the fill 90 degrees.

Or look at dudeman's flash tutorial on shadows. :P

alive
04-28-2008, 07:52 AM
Dudeman's shadow tutorial: http://dudeman22.deviantart.com/art/Ultimate-Shadow-Tutorial-82060111