PDA

View Full Version : Getting the groove back

Strate
05-12-2012, 06:46 PM
I've been away from animating stick figures for so long that I've lost what little skills I had, so today I grabbed my Flash 8 and drew the f*** out of it until something satisfying finally came out. Here is the result of my unrusting: http://www.truploader.com/view/558006

It's just a small combo focusing mainly on attack connecting and reactions, both being points I was never strong in when I animated sticks, there have been many times when I get stuck after an attack due to not being able to draw a decent connecting move to it, and often my reactions have been very wobbly and bad looking, so I find this to be a pretty big imrovement compared to my previous stuff. The only thing I don't like of this animation is the last kick. It doesn't seem to have enough force so the reaction that follows the blow doesn't look natural. Any suggestions on how to fix that or anything you want to point out?

Lean Fa
05-12-2012, 06:58 PM
After the last kick he should drop a little earlier,and you should ease the landing a bit.Other than that it looks really good. :D

XaioShadow
05-13-2012, 03:06 AM
its good :)

Ghombeat
05-13-2012, 03:27 AM
very good for an unrusting animation

SmallBoy02
05-13-2012, 04:10 AM
Strate you have to introduce yourself first in here http://forums.stickpage.com/forumdisplay.php?44-Introduce-Yourself . As for the animation, Your stickman resizes and make less camera shake. It is a bit fast and shaky. Just a little more unrusting :)

Strate
05-13-2012, 05:18 AM
Thanks for the feedback guys, and yeah, sorry SmallBoy, I forgot to introduce myself again because I forgot this isn't the Fluidanims forums anymore XD

Xyper
05-14-2012, 07:16 AM
Easing and anticipation before and after the hits. (anticipation before, easing after)
Or maybe just add more frames in general, it's hard to see what's happening after the first kick, it's just two sticks flying around with some sounds.
I can catch the movement if I watch it a few times, but you want it visible the first time.