PDA

View Full Version : Another flash error

Kitsune
04-27-2008, 09:26 PM
I'm trying to import the music for my collaboration. Now that I hit this roadblock I won't be releasing it until tomorrow or maybe the day after.

The roadblock is:

I try to import the MP3 File From Newgrounds.com playable on Windows Media Player on Windows Vista on an HP laptop, and Flash CS3 (I'm not in the mood for "CS3=NUB HHUUUUURRhurhurhurhurhur" remarks) will not allow me to import it for this reason:

Flash cannot import the file due to problems reading it
Something around that. I know it had troubles reading it. I know this goes for all MP3 Files because I tried it with the rest of my mp3s. all failed. Help!!

I really am trying to get this shit finally done after waiting 5 days for late entries (of which I got zero which pissed me the **** off) and now coming to errors. All was running smoothly as the entries were put in, and I made an intro.

Miccool
04-27-2008, 09:28 PM
<Miccool> kizune
<Miccool> Try getting quicktime

Kitsune
04-27-2008, 09:36 PM
<Miccool> kizune
<Miccool> Try getting quicktime

I'll try that out. =/

BloodFruit
04-27-2008, 10:06 PM
Just send it to someone else and have them do it.

Komaru
04-28-2008, 06:52 AM
I could only put .wav's into my Flash stuff. It had an error, too.

f1krazy
04-28-2008, 10:27 AM
If you have Winamp, you may have this problem due to Winamp's safety devices or something. It'll only let you import MP3's to stuff like Flash, Windows Movie Maker and Audacity, and Winamp converts all my uploaded files into .wav or something. So songs I had before I got Winamp are OK, but most stuff I've uploaded since (songs from Need For Speed-Underground 2, most of which are hawt, several NGAP songs, and Now 64-67) can't be imported into Flash, which makes life really annoying when I want to add cool songs.

Also, Newgrounds is down for a redesign, so you can't submit it there anyway. I swear that dude Tom Fulp must be psychic... :Undercover:

Raffi
04-28-2008, 11:43 AM
MP3s suck. Use a wav file instead. You get better quality and stuff.

If you have iTunes, just go to Preferences -> Advanced -> Importing
And click on where it says 'AAC Encoder' or something. Set it to 'Wav Encoder'.

Now import the song into iTunes and it should change to a wav.

Aycaramba
04-28-2008, 02:12 PM
Just get an converter and convert it. Worked for me.

Kitsune
04-28-2008, 04:11 PM
I have audacity on my laptop. I'll bring iTunes on the laptop in case audacity won't convert it.

Thanks guys!

Shut up bloodfruit. :P