PDA

View Full Version : 2 Boxed Minis

iStick G
04-28-2008, 12:05 PM
For those of you who have read my earlier posts, you'll know I'm pretty much a beginner and have just been practicing simple punches and kicks, but I've stepped it up a notch, and here's two new small animations I did (sfw's now):-

Backflip:
http://www.swfme.com/view/1059912
(I really don't like the landing on this one)

Steel Rope Attack:
http://www.swfme.com/view/1112392

As always, I'm looking for any and all C&C...

New Generation
04-28-2008, 12:19 PM
Use smoother brush. Also try making less wobbliness. The text stayed for too long. The trail was bad.

mint
04-28-2008, 03:11 PM
What the crud, Other peoples animations show but when i try to view my own on swf me and upload, it doesn't! This is so messed up!!

For your animations: A bit choppy and try to put a little more frames in between so its a bit smoother.

the afro ninja
04-28-2008, 03:42 PM
The sticks were drawn wobbly, draw them smoother or use a tablet. The second one was pretty nice though.

iStick G
04-28-2008, 04:27 PM
how do you mean, 'use a tablet'?

Shanto
04-28-2008, 04:30 PM
It means he wants you to go out and buy a 50-700 dollar thing to draw ****ing stickfigures.

iStick G
04-28-2008, 04:39 PM
... well I don't even have 50 pence so that's out of the question.

the afro ninja
04-28-2008, 05:14 PM
It means he wants you to go out and buy a 50-700 dollar thing to draw ****ing stickfigures.

Wow, fail.

A tablet is hardware you draw on that shows up on-screen. Go to wacom.com to look at them. The Bamboos are the best. If you want to look at it in person I know that in a lot of Fred Meyer HE stores they have a little display. You should check one out if you are really interested and commited. You can draw more than just "****ing stickfigures". Go to iscribble.net for some great examples. If you take drawing seriously I would highly reccomend the investment.

iStick G
04-28-2008, 05:22 PM
What if you take drawing seriously but you can't afford the investment, as I've stated?

Etch
04-28-2008, 06:12 PM
Awkward, but sticks are gay, you can improve.

FizzlemanJ
04-28-2008, 06:46 PM
No money, huh? Just bump up the smoothing and the wobbling will be gone.

Don't increase it to much, only have it on about 35 - 40.

SSOutPhase
04-28-2008, 08:01 PM
A tablet is unnecessary overrated equipment for animating.

Sparco
04-29-2008, 05:41 AM
A tablet is unnecessary overrated equipment for animating.

trust me, it's worth it, EVERY good animator uses one

oh topic starter, check this wallflip i made, might help you since your wallflip lacked some stuff. http://i30.tinypic.com/2e19myh.gif

not saying that my wallflip is perfect but its better, you could also try using video references.

iStick G
04-29-2008, 03:09 PM
Yeah, the landing's especially better, that's what I hated most about my version because there was no impact. However I disagree with this quote:

trust me, it's worth it, EVERY good animator uses one

It's like saying if you can't afford one or are unable to get one, then you're not a good animator and never will be.

New Generation
04-29-2008, 04:31 PM
I don't recommend buying a TABLET, if you: NOT WILLING TO ANIMATE IN THE FUTURE, a bit like me, T_T

OR

Just use it for stick figure animating, as this will WASTE YOUR MONEY. For other people, I suggest not suggesting buying a tablet for people who are still not good at drawing even STICK FIGURES yet, as I have experienced drawing with a tablet myself, practiced a bit, but still it's actually a bit harder than the mouse, but you will get used to it. The tablet is most effective at ANIMATING SPECIAL EFFECTS or BLOOD.