PDA

View Full Version : First animation ever

KillAllThreats
04-28-2008, 08:20 PM
hi guys I'm new to this site I found pivot on it and decided to download it. this is the first kind of animation thing I ever did so here it is tell me what you think :Phew:

http://img232.imageshack.us/img232/8579/1stpivotap8.gif
hope you guys like my first movie thing

p.s im 11 years old lol

i think pivot is pretty cool :Embarrassed:

Upps
04-28-2008, 09:01 PM
that's really good for first, do you animate with other programs ?

here's what you need to fix.
Stiffness, all the way.
you kind of know how to ease but keep practicing, that needs a lot of work.
smoothing, make more frames and don't just use 3 frame for a puch, which leads to easing.
Use a ground, at your level, you need a grund to make it easy for you to keep track of movements.
Watch some tutorials, and post in the beginners section.

Your animations is kind of funn, it made me lol.. :D

oh and welcom.

SRC
04-28-2008, 09:55 PM
Work on everything, read some tuts and look at some ani's by our better animators (Doomdooer, Frodomoj, Powerfuse, etc...). And for now, post your anims in the beginners section.

KillAllThreats
04-29-2008, 02:45 PM
that's really good for first, do you animate with other programs ?

here's what you need to fix.
Stiffness, all the way.
you kind of know how to ease but keep practicing, that needs a lot of work.
smoothing, make more frames and don't just use 3 frame for a puch, which leads to easing.
Use a ground, at your level, you need a grund to make it easy for you to keep track of movements.
Watch some tutorials, and post in the beginners section.

Your animations is kind of funn, it made me lol.. :D

oh and welcom.

thanks by the way this is the first animating thing i ever did so no i never used other programs

Babapadaple
04-29-2008, 08:46 PM
Thats really good actually, but yeah it needs a ground and easing but very good. 7/10

joeyodaguy
04-30-2008, 12:09 PM
ah... mistake. for a beginner 7/10.
any old anin 2/10
Dont use the default stick, and move every limb/joint a little bit in each frame.

Masronoai
04-30-2008, 04:42 PM
so its ure first, ye? Well, id give u a 6/10, because my first one looked almost EXACTLY the same.

sss
05-01-2008, 08:13 AM
Thats really good actually, but yeah it needs a ground and easing but very good. 7/10

lol noob

Frodomoj
05-01-2008, 08:33 AM
For a first that's rather impressive.
However, don't use default sticks. They have no backbone (your stks need at least two body segments, you see) and so their flexiblity is limited.
Your run was actually somewhat entertaining.
Also, if this really is your first animation, you've grasped easing better than a lot of others, and your spacing is okay too.

Don't get cocky, though. It was choppy in places, stiff, and lacked any real atmosphere at times. You want to post in the Beginners Section, which you can find as a stickied topic in the Pivot section. People there will help you to improve, and once you're better you can start posting here.
See, you might annoy people because you're, arguably, not 'worthy' of your own thread yet. So yeah.

Look at some tutorials on www.darkdemon.org, especially Baha's Ultimate Tutorial thing. I'm pretty sure it's stickied.
Also, check out the Elites section to get some inspiration. The animations there are generally awesome. Also, go to www.droidz.org if you want to get some stks. Remember to give credits though.

Welcome to SPP. :3