PDA

View Full Version : 10 Minutes Of Animating

CrossX
06-05-2012, 06:20 AM
I'm gonna doing stuff like this everyday to keep getting better at animating but this one wasnt good since I was tired and just got back from a party at 3AM. Say hello to 10 minutes of work.

height=300 width=600
http://www.fileize.com/view/b4b16bcf-206/

Exile
06-05-2012, 08:19 AM
..10 minutes? This animation has about 50 frames, that's 5 frames a minute. Either you spent 12 seconds on each frame and you're a dumbass, or you're lying because you'd rather blame the bad quality on something other than your lack of effort.

Nobody cares how long it took you to animate this, and nobody cares that you did it when you were tired. Why even mention it? So people might say "Well it's bad, but I guess since you were tired and it took 10 minutes it's alright"?

And if you think it's not good, why share it? I don't understand anything you've done here.

Julermud
06-05-2012, 08:34 AM
Dude... calm down........i guess this animation has about 30 frames.......i could have made that in about 10 minutes too.........and it looks like you've used about 18 FPS or something?

CrossX
06-05-2012, 11:06 AM
Hey julermud I used like 20FPS I believe.

And Exilement

"..10 minutes? This animation has about 50 frames, that's 5 frames a minute. Either you spent 12 seconds on each frame and you're a dumbass, or you're lying because you'd rather blame the bad quality on something other than your lack of effort."

I didnt even mean to write 10 minutes. What I mean by that is that I spent 10-15 minutes on the red stick but I was only counting that time because I forgot to add on the time I spent on the black stick which means I really should have wrote like 20-25 or so minutes .

"Nobody cares how long it took you to animate this, and nobody cares that you did it when you were tired. Why even mention it? So people might say "Well it's bad, but I guess since you were tired and it took 10 minutes it's alright"?"

I simply wrote that because I didnt want to just make a thread with a title like
Test and all I put in the thread is a link.
So I put in when and how I felt when I made it and how long it took.

"And if you think it's not good, why share it? I don't understand anything you've done here."

I just shared it because it was me showing people my animation so I can get a little feedback on it and so I can put that feedback into some of my better animations. That was all.

And besides if you dont care about any of this just tell me what was wrong with the animation and dont bother to write about the rest. Makes it easier on both of us.

K?

dabigE13
06-05-2012, 07:41 PM
yeah not to gain up on you, but id rather see your best work then accept that that wasnt your best work and have to imagine what you can actually do!

Exile
06-06-2012, 10:00 AM
I just shared it because it was me showing people my animation so I can get a little feedback on it and so I can put that feedback into some of my better animations. That was all.

You said the animation wasn't good, meaning by your standards you know you can do better. How is feedback on this going to help you? You need to try your hardest and then ask for feedback, so you know what to work on. The only feedback you'll get on this is "put more time and effort into everything".

And besides if you dont care about any of this just tell me what was wrong with the animation and dont bother to write about the rest. Makes it easier on both of us.

I'm not trying to be a dick, I'm just telling you that this isn't how you improve as an animator. You don't half-ass something in half an hour, and then ask how you can improve on something that isn't even the best you can do. It's a waste of everyone's time, especially yours.

The biggest problem with the animation is a lack of consistency between frames, you have limbs moving in one direction and then in the next frame, they're moving somewhere else. The double and triple framing is a little weird too.

CrossX
06-06-2012, 10:34 AM
You said the animation wasn't good, meaning by your standards you know you can do better. How is feedback on this going to help you? You need to try your hardest and then ask for feedback, so you know what to work on. The only feedback you'll get on this is "put more time and effort into everything".

I'm not trying to be a dick, I'm just telling you that this isn't how you improve as an animator. You don't half-ass something in half an hour, and then ask how you can improve on something that isn't even the best you can do. It's a waste of everyone's time, especially yours.

The biggest problem with the animation is a lack of consistency between frames, you have limbs moving in one direction and then in the next frame, they're moving somewhere else. The double and triple framing is a little weird too.

I guess now I understand everything you said so far. Sorry about the waste of time with a "half-ass" animation, it wasnt great by my standards at all.

About what you said with the lack of consistency, I get that but I couldnt think of a way to make my rhg carry on the momentum in my movements since I'm bad at animating turns, spins, flips and things of those nature but I've been practising recently so I think I will redo this animation and make it better.