PDA

View Full Version : Grayscale Spirit

Kitsune
04-29-2008, 10:06 PM
7/15/08 = DUE DATE. K?
(Changed for a few reasons)

*A Notice for a new due date, and the chance to get in the collab, has been sent to friends, unfinished entrants, and awesome animators*

Grayscale Spirit
[lol banner under construction]

Idea
This is a follower to Monochrome (http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/437220). It has the same basic concept, but it is a much different idea. Rather than all of you choosing a color, you all are now to only use Grayscale. This means the gray between white and black. This collaboration will be a bit more strict with its rules, as we had some difficulties that had cost us some quality in Monochrome.

What you do:
As an entrant to this collaboration, you will be simply making a short in black and white. The animation must be expressive, and must contain a sort of substance. It can be ANYTHING you want in an animation, just put your thought into it. If this animation is a stick fight, it's allowed, but have unreal and fun physics, some effects that are aesthetically pleasing, and so on. Full body is indeed recommended, but I will gladly put in a stick movie with no thought of difference. All entries are treated equally (unless they suck. lol)

Details
-Unlike Monochrome, this will not have any bugs, and I will be making punctual effort and work to make sure of so. The credits and intro were reported as awesome, so I'll be going on the next levels of entertainment in the supposedly "boring" flesh of a film to help appeal to our audience.
-This collaboration will be held also in the Newgrounds forums, so Names on the list, as well as unfamiliar entries, will be posted.
-This will be a bit of an artistic collaboration. That doesn't mean stick violence isn't allowed, just have your entry be creative.
-This collaboration will be on time, and consequently stricter. I accept late entries 3 days after the due date with questionable input. Before the due date you're definitely in.
-There will be an unused section for any entrant who neglected too many non-threatening rules, entries in poor quality, and cut-outs due to the song that will be used.

Rules (Read!)
-Must be 550x300
-Animation will be played at 20 fps.
-Must contain no colors whatsoever, but only black and white shades.
-Must be at least 5 seconds long, under 30 seconds.
-Must be made in Flash, or exceedingly well-done Easytoon. Sorry pivoteers.
-Must contain substance and thought. (See "What You Do section above for details").
-No limit on Rank, Styles, Flash Version, or Stick vs Full body.
-Must Post your name at the top-right hand corner of your animation.
-VCam only allowed if you alter it with your signature.
-Must break up all text to avoid unfamiliar fonts being substituted. (select, press CTRL B twice)
-All symbols named SPPname_Symbol to avoid risk of replacing symbols in the library and messing us up.
-Please limit the amount of layers you work with. -.- Not required, but please do so...
-Flashers give me an FLA, Easytooners give me a GIF through any upload site out there. www.savefile.com is a good one.
-No Actionscript
-Your entry is due June 25th. No change in the due date will be made, this must be the due date. Until June 28th is when late entries are POSSIBLY submitted, and you're out of luck on the 14th.
-No "OMGLOL TREE" Messages in the middle of your sentences or any other "1337" random things. Please act like an adult...
-No sound effects...

-I have a right to turn down or not use any entry.
-I have a right to exempt an entrant from any rule under certain circumstances.
-I have no right to alter your entry unless permission is given by you.

Audio
Just like the animation, the song will be lively and meaningful. I will do my absolute best to match the song to the animation just like last time. The introduction will be run under the same song, and the credits will be a fun party. :3

Themes
By being creative or expressing in your animation, you have to have some sort of details that spark the viewer's thoughts. Below I have a list of possible factors that make shorts meaningful, seemingly meaningful, or expressing. Of course you can use more than one theme. You don't NEED to post a theme once you enter, but just for assurance that you will be trying to make your's creative, I'd like you to post what you're going for. You're free to post once you figure out what you'll be animating. No rush.

-Creative physics, unreal, yet portrayed as real motions.
-Insight to the characters. A stick figure fighting another stick figure can get a bit boring, so maybe favoring your VCam to a character, having the character have some pulses, an aura, or anything else would make that single character more interesting. If you know how to do this well, and put your HEART AND SOUL!!! into it, you'll be making a nice creative animation thar.
-Artistic, different animations that you thought of are good expressing clips.
-The supernatural, or heavenly components always bring out the interest in a viewer.
-A style of modeling your entire animation can in itself make it better. Pencil Sketch, futuristic, or pixelmations are all styles that can make your film much more interesting.

That's really all I can think of, but try to come up with different ways to make yours meaningful, expressing, or creative. There are way too many ways to do this to have to refer to a different person to figure it out. ;O

Members
Non-Grayscale Index of status symbols:
- = Member is currently working on his animation.
$ = An entry has been submitted by this member.
$= An entry has been submitted by this member, but will, sadly, be unused.
? = Member is wondering whether or not to enter.
# = Member is editing a previously entered animation.

Members (Member --- Theme[s]):
$Kitsune --- Transformation. :D
$ .Aklemo. --- Car!
$Grubber --- No theme specified
?(NG) NG Unit --- No theme specified
$(NG) Mercenary84 --- Evaporation
$Puddles1000 --- Pencil Sketch (In cool mode)
$ob1 --- awesomeness
$alive --- Poor cat. :3
$Prince of PIMPs --- No Theme Specified
$Supranova --- Energy
$$_slanted_ --- Tree, Wind
$$passos354 --- No Theme Specified
$meatface --- No Theme Specified
$Tawnik --- Portal Fun!
$Akeru --- No Theme Specified
$The.Number.23 --- Zombees!

All questions will be given attention as quickly as possible, whether posted in here or in a PM to me. Please post anything I've forgotten.

YAY!!

Bonk
04-30-2008, 04:44 AM
mebe .

Babapadaple
04-30-2008, 08:23 AM
I want to enter but well... I don't have 20 post yet so i'm going to get posting so I can enter.

.Aklemo.
04-30-2008, 10:47 AM
In .

Jet
04-30-2008, 10:49 AM
I would but i'm a pivoter.
CURSE YOU.
please?

EDIT: Wow, Aklemo, Simultaeneous Post...

.Aklemo.
04-30-2008, 10:56 AM
LOL

Anyway, the rules say "-Must be made in Flash, or exceedingly well-done Easytoon. Sorry pivoteers."

Jet
04-30-2008, 11:08 AM
i know... :(
oh muffins...

Rather Cheesy
04-30-2008, 12:12 PM
Wow Kitsune, I have taught you well =P

I'm not in though, at the moment I have to do the shapes collab and some stuff for tower.

.Aklemo.
04-30-2008, 01:01 PM

I'm not in though, at the moment I have to do the shapes collab and some stuff for tower.
Well, you are the Collab Messiah. XD

Kitsune
04-30-2008, 02:10 PM

*offers aprenticeship :P*

Thanks. Your help is why you're in the credits!!

In, Aklemo, I look forward to seeing it. I hope you can make time to enter.

Rather Cheesy
04-30-2008, 02:42 PM
Haha, no you'll probably be my successor as "Collab Messiah" once I stop making collabs =P

Kitsune
04-30-2008, 05:06 PM
Haha, no you'll probably be my successor as "Collab Messiah" once I stop making collabs =P

:3

You guys are now added. I put a new thing up: Themes. Check it out and post yours if you have an idea of what you'll be animating.

I'll be now sending requests to the people who were in Monochrome along with other info.
Moar entrants?

I would but i'm a pivoter.
CURSE YOU.
please?

I would allow both of you in if you would use a respectable program. No offense, but pivot really isn't for this collaboration.

Rather Cheesy
04-30-2008, 05:33 PM
Aye, pivot is not an animation program. ITS AN ABOMINATION!

Sunder Forge
04-30-2008, 05:54 PM
June Ay? Put me as a maybe in the Ugh pile.

Kitsune
04-30-2008, 05:57 PM
Aye, pivot is not an animation program. ITS AN ABOMINATION!
Aye!!!!

June Ay? Put me as a maybe in the Ugh pile.

:( Please do it this time? :3 I hope you get it done. You animate very well!

Babapadaple
04-30-2008, 06:48 PM
Never mind I didnt see the no pivot thing, i cant afford flash and easy toon is hard...

Kitsune
04-30-2008, 07:12 PM
Never mind I didnt see the no pivot thing, i cant afford flash and easy toon is hard...

? ? ?

Rather Cheesy
04-30-2008, 07:44 PM
If you think Easytoon is hard then flash would kill you...

And you can get the free flash trail if you want to animate something for this, Baba.

Babapadaple
04-30-2008, 07:58 PM
Yes i know, EASY toon is HARD, very redundunt.
But by hard i mean im no good at it, i cant make anything for crap...

Sunder Forge
04-30-2008, 08:29 PM
Aye!!!!

:( Please do it this time? :3 I hope you get it done. You animate very well!
This week I will have way more time, my french and geo Project finish tomorrow, my math test is Friday. So the weekend, will be marvelous, I'll start it, see how much I get done, Arcanum is an addicting game.
D:

Kitsune
04-30-2008, 08:34 PM
If you think Easytoon is hard then flash would kill you...

And you can get the free flash trail if you want to animate something for this, Baba.
Seconded to the maximum!

Yes i know, EASY toon is HARD, very redundunt.
But by hard i mean im no good at it, i cant make anything for crap...
That's what practice is for.

This week I will have way more time, my french and geo Project finish tomorrow, my math test is Friday. So the weekend, will be marvelous, I'll start it, see how much I get done, Arcanum is an addicting game.
D:
:D Can't wait to see it.

Post a theme whenever you think up your entry if you feel confident about the idea, and you want to share. :3

Sunder Forge
04-30-2008, 08:45 PM
Theme?.......giant worm?

Kitsune
04-30-2008, 09:03 PM
Theme?.......giant worm?

Read the first post under the topic of Themes...

cronose
04-30-2008, 09:29 PM
I might make something for this, I'm working on an animation in only shades of Grey ATM. But it doesn't meet the dimension requirements.

Kitsune
04-30-2008, 09:34 PM
I might make something for this, I'm working on an animation in only shades of Grey ATM. But it doesn't meet the dimension requirements.

If anything doesn't meet the dimension requirements, and you feel like entering in this, look at my tutorial: http://www.stickpageportal.com/forums/showthread.php?t=83081

You can make a movie smaller, bigger, or modified in a matter of minutes.

Schwa
04-30-2008, 10:49 PM
in in in in in in in in in in in in in in in in

Raffi
05-01-2008, 01:24 AM
boing .

In

.Aklemo.
05-01-2008, 02:12 AM
Themes? Well, I'm just making something with a vehicle in it, with everything black and white. :/

Myself
05-01-2008, 02:21 AM
*signs up*

sss
05-01-2008, 03:06 AM
In .

Kitsune
05-01-2008, 05:36 AM
Themes? Well, I'm just making something with a vehicle in it, with everything black and white. :/

I see. :3

Can't wait to see your entry.

Let's clarify Themes though.

Themes
By being creative or expressing in your animation, you have to have some sort of details that spark the viewer's thoughts. Below I have a list of possible factors that make shorts meaningful, seemingly meaningful, or expressing.

sss, Myself, Raffi, and Schwa are now in.

.Aklemo.
05-01-2008, 05:55 AM
Ty .

Done and Sent

Sunder Forge
05-01-2008, 06:46 AM
I was planing on everything is white with a black outline, and black was blood.
So......idk what the theme is D:

alive
05-01-2008, 08:42 AM
Guess I'll try to make something. See if I'm artistic enough. Not sure about the theme yet though, it's come while I animate hopefully.

f1krazy
05-01-2008, 11:02 AM
I'll think about it...but after the mess I made of the previous one there's probably no point. :Cry:

I'm not sure about the 'Themes' thing...I can animate stick figures and that's about it really.

I'll do some animating, watch some tutorials, and...then I'll get back to you.

Schwa
05-01-2008, 08:15 PM
You don't really need a theme just try and think of something artsy or strange.

Got it?

Cool, animate it.

If it looks strange or different people will attach meaning to it whether you included it or not.

Kitsune
05-02-2008, 10:56 AM
You don't really need a theme just try and think of something artsy or strange.

Got it?

Cool, animate it.

If it looks strange or different people will attach meaning to it whether you included it or not.
Quoted for awesome understanding and referance to answering other people's posts

Ty .

Done and Sent
Great! Main animation! You have plenty of time to edit it or make another one if you wish to. You can post an entry as early as this in the flash forum for C&C.

I was planing on everything is white with a black outline, and black was blood.
So......idk what the theme is D:
Well a theme could be anything artsy. You can add a strange aura background or add motion trails or anything else that you can use your artistic mind with!

Guess I'll try to make something. See if I'm artistic enough. Not sure about the theme yet though, it's come while I animate hopefully.
Look at schwa's post. :3

I'll think about it...but after the mess I made of the previous one there's probably no point. :Cry:

I'm not sure about the 'Themes' thing...I can animate stick figures and that's about it really.

I'll do some animating, watch some tutorials, and...then I'll get back to you.
Great. Schwa's post. :P
Also even if it doesn't end up being super****ing awesome, you're still in, and I can C&C you to edit it. Don't make something the last week and hope for the best!

Just don't make the animation so draggingly long...

Puddles1000
05-02-2008, 04:12 PM
IN.
Pencil Sketch Style but so much cooler.

Kitsune
05-02-2008, 05:05 PM
IN.
Pencil Sketch Style but so much cooler.

Noice. :3 Can't wait to see it!

supranova
05-02-2008, 05:16 PM
Im in.

Since I sort of felt bad about making an average, cliche stick fight last time, I've been working on something different.

After I get some more done, ill pm you what I have.

Kitsune
05-02-2008, 05:28 PM
Im in.

Since I sort of felt bad about making an average, cliche stick fight last time, I've been working on something different.

After I get some more done, ill pm you what I have.

Hooray!!!

That stick fight was pretty impressive though. :P

Puddles1000
05-02-2008, 06:18 PM
Done PMED

Kitsune
05-02-2008, 09:03 PM
Well done Puddles, interesting.
I hope you can find time to make another or edit to improve your animation. :3

Main animation I suppose. :P

In other news I made a banner after one attempt at a failure, and a second attempt of my dad thinking the computer froze and tried to shut off the computer. >:( I think it looks good. an all-in-one Link, Promotion, and Clock!

Puddles1000
05-02-2008, 09:09 PM
Wait... What? Do you want me to make another one? I thought you liked it?

Kitsune
05-02-2008, 09:13 PM
Wait... What? Do you want me to make another one? I thought you liked it?

If you want to, I'd gladly take another animation from you. That's all I'm saying. I liked it but no animation is perfect. You can still edit it with the weeks you have left if you'd like to.

Puddles1000
05-02-2008, 09:22 PM
Ok...If i make a new better one, can you still show the old one?

Kitsune
05-02-2008, 09:46 PM
Ok...If i make a new better one, can you still show the old one?

Yeah, multiple entries are allowed!!! Just express yourself maaaaan!

(Turns hippy switch off)

God!

Anyway It's a nice animation, and you're welcome to post it in the flash forum for C&C because you made it so early.

Schwa
05-03-2008, 01:35 AM
I started working on mine today, for about an hour and of course it's not coming out exactly as I'd hope but it's actually coming out pretty good.

All 3 orgasmic seconds of it.

alive
05-03-2008, 05:02 AM
I've just made the background for mine so far. We'll see, we'll see.

starscream
05-03-2008, 05:09 AM
Can i be in it please?

Thanks

Kitsune
05-03-2008, 12:01 PM
I've just made the background for mine so far. We'll see, we'll see.
I just learned how to use photoshop CS3. Mine will have THE background. :3

I started working on mine today, for about an hour and of course it's not coming out exactly as I'd hope but it's actually coming out pretty good.

All 3 orgasmic seconds of it.
I can't wait to orgasm then.

Can i be in it please?

Thanks

Nothing says you can't.

Posted

This is the entry added by an NG person. He just has to sign it and I'll remove SFX.
http://spamtheweb.com/ul/upload/030508/51734_Grayscale_collab.php

Kitsune
05-05-2008, 10:51 AM
News: If anyone would click on my signature and not have this thread's first page come up please say so. It works for some people ad doesn't for others. I'm altering the code in a little while.

We have some good entries but we need more entrants than this. People need to help to make this project awesome!

Aycaramba
05-05-2008, 01:27 PM
I'm in.

ob1
05-05-2008, 01:49 PM
hi kitsube please put my name i want to enter, i will get you an animation!

Kitsune
05-05-2008, 04:39 PM
hi kitsube please put my name i want to enter, i will get you an animation!

Great, I can't wait to see it!

Both you and my lover aycaramba are in. :3

Other news, I'll be postponing the due date to this collaboration for a very simple reason: The stickpage Animation Contest.

The new due date will be June 25th. I think that's fair seeming as their's is June 5th. You all can enter the contest AND this. I'm entering it as well. :3

Squelch
05-06-2008, 01:01 AM
Can I join? I haven't been around much lately but this caught my eye ^_^.

ob1
05-06-2008, 03:13 PM
hi kitsune how can i make my name on the right top corner of the v-cam please?

Kitsune
05-06-2008, 08:30 PM
Can I join? I haven't been around much lately but this caught my eye ^_^.
Surely, fellow!!

hi kitsune how can i make my name on the right top corner of the v-cam please?
Go in the VCam's code to take the line that says visible=false or something like that. Replace the False with true.

Edit the VCam movie clip to delete all of the unnecessary items shown on the VCam, and for clarity you can put a black line framing box around the cam just to still keep track of it. You can mostly edit this movie clip however you want because its all done by code, and graphics don't matter. Now put the thing you need to stay still INSIDE the VCam movie clip.

Clear? :3

Mr potato head
05-06-2008, 08:55 PM
kitsune im gunna join k?

Kitsune
05-06-2008, 11:08 PM
kitsune im gunna join k?

I don't see why not. :3 Thanks for joining.

the afro ninja
05-06-2008, 11:48 PM
I won't miss out on this collab. I have a great idea. Count me in.

umm, my theme is going to be corruption.

bowstick
05-07-2008, 11:51 AM
ill give it a shot...

ob1
05-07-2008, 01:26 PM
kitsune i sent you a pm

Kitsune
05-08-2008, 07:19 PM
umm, my theme is going to be corruption.
Love the theme

Posted

ill give it a shot...
Awesome!

Posted

kitsune i sent you a pm
My computer with intranets has Flash 8, so I have to get back to you on replying to it.

the afro ninja
05-08-2008, 11:09 PM
Love the theme

Thx Kit. Can't wait to finish.

Kitsune
05-09-2008, 03:39 PM
Thx Kit.

Don't say that again.

:P

NCz
05-11-2008, 09:41 PM
I'm in, i think you've seen my stuff, and you know what you can expect.

I have 2 weeks left of school though, and with finals, and other projects i might have to do this last minute. Or pretty damn close to last minute. SO don't expect anything soon.

Kitsune
05-11-2008, 10:18 PM
I'm in, i think you've seen my stuff, and you know what you can expect.

I have 2 weeks left of school though, and with finals, and other projects i might have to do this last minute. Or pretty damn close to last minute. SO don't expect anything soon.

I won't. This has been postponed, and may be postponed further if the SP animation Contest 2 is also postponed. :3

the afro ninja
05-11-2008, 10:31 PM
I'm waiting for my tablet before i animate this one. I should have it on June 14th and ill get right to animating for the collab.

Sawc
05-11-2008, 10:33 PM
That's a long time, Afro Ninja.

Kitsune
05-14-2008, 03:39 PM
I'm waiting for my tablet before i animate this one. I should have it on June 14th and ill get right to animating for the collab.
Due date is fine for that. :3

That's a long time, Afro Ninja.
Tis.

Sunder Forge
06-02-2008, 05:14 PM
Bomp:
If I can bring myself I may pull it off, ****ing gay exams, but I'm done all my accomedating, and so I may get something done If I can push through Starcraft (I got into it again)
:/ I hate when that happens, hopefully I can develope some willpower.

Prince of PIMPs
06-04-2008, 07:30 AM
I looks like you're making wedding vows,..... =_=

i'm SO IN BABY, oh and the mania is done

Kitsune
06-04-2008, 03:55 PM
Bomp:
If I can bring myself I may pull it off, ****ing gay exams, but I'm done all my accomedating, and so I may get something done If I can push through Starcraft (I got into it again)
:/ I hate when that happens, hopefully I can develope some willpower.
Thanks for the bump, and your neverending devotion to my heart.

lol

I looks like you're making wedding vows,..... =_=

i'm SO IN BABY, oh and the mania is done

Awesome.

In.

supranova
06-05-2008, 04:56 PM
Glad to see this Collab isn't dead!

I dont think I have actually given my theme yet, so put me down for energy, or something like that.

Kitsune
06-05-2008, 05:11 PM
Glad to see this Collab isn't dead!

I dont think I have actually given my theme yet, so put me down for energy, or something like that.

Energy. Awesome! I'm glad you're still in.

the afro ninja
06-05-2008, 07:07 PM
Ill get to work on my collab ASAP, I should be getting my tablet within the week.
Meanwhile, I guess it would be nice to get a storyboard down.

Kitsune
06-05-2008, 07:30 PM
Can't wait to see it!

I decided to not use flash for my entry. I feel it will be epic.

Fullbody.

the afro ninja
06-05-2008, 07:50 PM
Thx again.

What's your theme again Kitsune? You might have said earlier, but to make conversation, say it again.

Kitsune
06-05-2008, 07:52 PM
I was thinking angelic, but then I got an awesome Idea, and decided recently on transformation.

Trust me. It won't be your average *poof* transformation either. >:D

I gotta edit my theme now, in fact.

the afro ninja
06-05-2008, 07:56 PM
That sounds pretty cool. Can't wait for this collab to finish.

Kitsune
06-05-2008, 08:12 PM
Me neither. we already have some immensly impressive entries. ob1 didn't actually put in a theme, so I filled in "awesome." :P

Prince of PIMPs
06-06-2008, 04:18 PM
My first theme was going to be an under water fight, but then I wanted to get allot more creative than THAT, lol. human curiosity and high tempers.... put down in my theme, "childish mind elements".... (and don't ask what it mean!)

Kitsune
06-06-2008, 05:52 PM
It's really better than what I expected when seeing the beginning. <3

It's really nice. Nicely deserves a spot in the collab. Glad you joined.

:D
$

the afro ninja
06-09-2008, 02:25 AM
I just got my tablet, a little early too. I don't know if it will help at all because I was expecting to get it later so I slacked off and I haven't done any storyboarding whatsoever. I guess I better get in gear then. I'll add in progress into my sig to keep you updated. Ciao.

_slanted_
06-09-2008, 02:21 PM
i just finished my second entry the theme is 'wind', the theme of my first entry is 'tree'

Kitsune
06-09-2008, 05:01 PM
I just got my tablet, a little early too. I don't know if it will help at all because I was expecting to get it later so I slacked off and I haven't done any storyboarding whatsoever. I guess I better get in gear then. I'll add in progress into my sig to keep you updated. Ciao.
Fecking noice

i just finished my second entry the theme is 'wind', the theme of my first entry is 'tree'
:D k.

_slanted_
06-12-2008, 04:31 PM
just wondering when is this due?

Kitsune
06-12-2008, 05:10 PM

I don't really know for now.

_slanted_
06-12-2008, 05:40 PM

k thx just wondering

Kitsune
06-15-2008, 05:47 PM
So, guys, this collab looks amazing. Supranova's entry looks super wow, the quality of the rest of the entries, as well as their artistic passion and meaning, are awesome. I'll be sending my collaboration part to edinboro university to build up my portfolio, so I'll have to focus on this collaboration until about July, as little time I have to work on this in the first place, having so much shit I have to do:

-Rec Swim Team from tomorrow to August 2
-A.P. English class making me read 3 college-level novels over the summer
-Lifeguarding job
-some other shit I have to take care of.

Those alone would normally take up my whole summer. I will try my best to fit in other collaborations, but it seems as I'm forced to complete this one, and make it great for the admissions guys, I'll be focusing mostly on it until further notice.

[this post was sent to collaboration people to explaiun why I might not enter]

the afro ninja
06-16-2008, 09:40 PM
Ok I've messed around with my tablet an gotten the hang of it, but shiiit. I need to get started I have almost no progress. I won't let myself fail though. Damn, hard to fit in guitar practice into my time, well actually not really. I'm just being a lazy vegetable and playing Xbox Live...woot for 100% on PAC-MAN. >_<.

Now i'm rambling...

EDIT::Storyboard is done ;). This is going to be a great animation.

Kitsune
06-19-2008, 11:32 PM
Awesome.

I'll be coming on infrequently to the forums, so I'd just like to say this isn't dead. I'll be in Florida making love with Spazz on my vacation in three days, and I may get some animation done within the week there.

I haven't even started yet, and I feel bad. I'll get this done though.

Vincent
06-20-2008, 12:56 AM
I know there is only like 6 days left but may i join?, Summer break and i have like... NOTHING to do... And i promise i'll do my best.

Prince of PIMPs
06-20-2008, 09:55 AM
hey, is the competition over? lol, cause I don't know.....cause then the collab could get on with it

Kitsune
06-20-2008, 09:25 PM
I know there is only like 6 days left but may i join?, Summer break and i have like... NOTHING to do... And i promise i'll do my best.
There isn't a real due date set now, but I would be glad to get something from you.

hey, is the competition over? lol, cause I don't know.....cause then the collab could get on with it

I suppose, but I feel rather lethargic due to the heat, and my other activities.

Vincent
06-20-2008, 09:30 PM
uh actualy, I tryed really hard to make something awsome but... it looked like crap, i'm not saying my animtion skills suck it the way i did it... I'm not to good on makeing something all spirity and meaningfull. I did try for like 4 hours straight to make something but it was a little to hard sorry, dropping out >.>...

Kitsune
06-20-2008, 10:21 PM
uh actualy, I tryed really hard to make something awsome but... it looked like crap, i'm not saying my animtion skills suck it the way i did it... I'm not to good on makeing something all spirity and meaningfull. I did try for like 4 hours straight to make something but it was a little to hard sorry, dropping out >.>...

I'm sure you would have something to show if you're at least a mediocre animator, and you say you worked for 4 hours straight. =/

supranova
06-27-2008, 09:53 AM
Is there a due date on this yet?

Just curious, since unless Im really out of the loop, the SPP contest is over.

_slanted_
06-28-2008, 02:16 PM

I already asked that...

Kitsune
06-29-2008, 07:04 PM
Due Date=July 10th

K?

Plenty of time for you guys to create something amazing and super awesome.

I'm yet to organize the submissions, which I really must do. I'm yet to start on my own part, seeming as I just got back from my vacation. I, myself, will have time now to get this shit finally done, because I have to move on with my life. My summer is busy enough as it is.

11 days is a fine amount of time.

Nice sig and avi, slanted.

Starting now, for reals!

Kitsune
07-06-2008, 09:15 PM
Anyone want to enter more?

I'm working on mine currently?

_slanted_
07-07-2008, 04:31 PM
well... I might feel like making a third entry, we'll see.

Kitsune
07-09-2008, 07:31 PM
I'm in 4.5 seconds. I might be done tonight.

lol I'm being too lazy with this.

supranova
07-10-2008, 10:17 AM
Finished, right on time.

Cant wait to see what everyone else has done.

Kitsune
07-10-2008, 10:41 AM
YES!

Guys, I'm extending the deadline because:

I haven't done any forum work on this collaboration. sorry. I have to extend only a few days to get people in notice, and when they notice, they gotta have a bit of time to work on it. I would like a few more people to get a chance at doing this.

I will remind you guys that this collab will possibly be in an auditorium for spring 2009 film festival. Edit time, entry time, and extra time will be only necessary for more perfection if it is presented. If you do not give consent to presenting your work to my school, if there are more people unwilling to, I won't present it. otherwise, I can take your entry out for the film festival, and NOT the presentation on the internet.

It's summer. I understand the lethargic plague that curses all teenagers.

I understand that this will be very anticipated for those who worked hard and early on this, so I'll only extend a little bit. Seeming as today would be the due date, and notice would take 1-2 days, and work for those who want to be in would take 2-3 days, a 5 day extension would be enough time for those who want to be in.

Excuse me, guys, I'll work on the outlining work now so that the release will only be few days after the due date.

This collab will be win, yes?

passos354
07-10-2008, 04:03 PM
im working on this is it ok??
http://antiup.net/view/8091/

Drifts
07-10-2008, 04:53 PM
Am in, specify theme later

passos354
07-10-2008, 07:13 PM
omg!
being ignored again!!

Kitsune
07-10-2008, 07:57 PM
I'm sorry passos, I was at my job all day. I couldnt reply while lifeguarding. lol.

That's awesome, passos. Make sure you really put out the thing that makes the expression in your entry creative. Differentiate yourself from what most stick fighters have seen, as you have done so with the nice teleport already.

Love it. Please continue. :D

Drifts, I'm glad you decided to join. On the list. :D

Checkers
07-10-2008, 08:09 PM
Can I be in?
EDIT: whoops, forgot the theme. Can I have a Chase theme?

Kitsune
07-10-2008, 08:25 PM
You of course can be in.

The theme is simply a creative aspect that shows your animation is creative. The containment of that, and the black and white, along with the collab requirements you MUST follow, are the only things you need to be in this animation.

passos354
07-11-2008, 12:10 AM
I'm sorry passos, I was at my job all day. I couldnt reply while lifeguarding. lol.

That's awesome, passos. Make sure you really put out the thing that makes the expression in your entry creative. Differentiate yourself from what most stick fighters have seen, as you have done so with the nice teleport already.

Love it. Please continue. :D

Drifts, I'm glad you decided to join. On the list. :D

YOU WORK?
lol
how old are you..?
lol
anyway, thanks man :3
im working hard on it!
heres how it is now :]
http://antiup.net/view/8116/
hope u enjoy
and i hope i still have ideas for this entry :3
(editing)
one thing: do i need to put the sounds?
:p

Kitsune
07-11-2008, 12:21 AM
YOU WORK?
lol
how old are you..?
lol
anyway, thanks man :3
im working hard on it!
heres how it is now :]
http://antiup.net/view/8116/
hope u enjoy
and i hope i still have ideas for this entry :3
(editing)
one thing: do i need to put the sounds?
:p
Lol. I'm seven'een.

That's awesome. Great job on it so far, man. It's a really nice effort for the project. You're doing great, but you have 4 days. don't worry about time management for now unless you want to make this much longer. :P

Sounds aren't going to be in the collaboration. Only music in the background. =/ Less effort for you, right?

Don't publicly post more, okay? Send me a pm with the link, because we need to have all entries kept quiet for an awesome release. :D

Kitsune
07-11-2008, 12:38 PM
I need a newgrounds name from all of the entrants if you have an account for it. Mine is Kitzunez, so please add me as a portal buddy and tell me your name, so I can give credit to you on newgrounds as a co-author.

Last time I had 4 names, and raters complained about it. I'll give a note in the author's comments listing all of the entrants in case you cannot get anything to me.

passos354
07-11-2008, 12:52 PM
Lol. I'm seven'een.

That's awesome. Great job on it so far, man. It's a really nice effort for the project. You're doing great, but you have 4 days. don't worry about time management for now unless you want to make this much longer. :P

Sounds aren't going to be in the collaboration. Only music in the background. =/ Less effort for you, right?

Don't publicly post more, okay? Send me a pm with the link, because we need to have all entries kept quiet for an awesome release. :D

kay thx again :)
and of course, i won't post the entry anymore :3
and my username on newgrounds is passos354 (OMG!NEVER HERD THIS BEFORE! lol)
editing
oh and here is the first anim i sent to newgrounds:
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/415312
REALLY OLD!

Kitsune
07-11-2008, 01:49 PM
kay thx again :)
and of course, i won't post the entry anymore :3
and my username on newgrounds is passos354 (OMG!NEVER HERD THIS BEFORE! lol)
editing
oh and here is the first anim i sent to newgrounds:
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/415312
REALLY OLD!
****ing nice jumps you have.

Sunder Forge
07-11-2008, 01:54 PM
Ok, I just started, a big thick sketchy guy versus a blob, first it was a stick, but I can't animate sticks for shit, so I had to cancel, this one may work a bit.

Kitsune
07-11-2008, 01:56 PM
Ok, I just started, a big thick sketchy guy versus a blob, first it was a stick, but I can't animate sticks for shit, so I had to cancel, this one may work a bit.

Whatever works, man. Thank you for animating for my collab. :3 It's great having you here.

Drifts
07-11-2008, 02:03 PM
My newgrounds name is Drifts too, well not Drifts too, just Drifts lol

Kitsune
07-11-2008, 02:05 PM
K great.

Tawnik
07-11-2008, 02:44 PM
Okay for now I'm in my theme is "Portal fun" maybe I'll do more I just got awesome idea for this theme :3

Schwa
07-11-2008, 03:20 PM
Well I'm at least going to be taking a break from animating for the next day.

I'll see if I can whip something up after I see what the next round of TLFT is.

Kitsune
07-11-2008, 03:56 PM
Okay for now I'm in my theme is "Portal fun" maybe I'll do more I just got awesome idea for this theme :3
Cool. Have fun. :D Portal is always a nice interesting theme to look at. Added to the list.

Well I'm at least going to be taking a break from animating for the next day.

I'll see if I can whip something up after I see what the next round of TLFT is.

I hope so too. If only I entered in TLTFT. It looks fun.

You have 3 days from tomorrow. No real rush, I just hope that I get something. D:

passos354
07-11-2008, 04:32 PM

LOL OLD ANIM!
thx :3

Checkers
07-11-2008, 04:37 PM
Dude, I'm going on vacation, so I'll never get this done. Sorry, but I have to drop out.

Sunder Forge
07-11-2008, 05:47 PM
LOL OLD ANIM!
thx :3
<. <

Kitsune
07-11-2008, 05:48 PM
Dude, I'm going on vacation, so I'll never get this done. Sorry, but I have to drop out.

That was fast. lol

passos354
07-11-2008, 06:12 PM
<. <

??????????!!!!!!!
:l

Sunder Forge
07-11-2008, 06:30 PM
??????????!!!!!!!
:l
I didn't know what your post meant.

And i seem to have aqquired an issue where all my stuff is too fast, or it's to 20 Fr.
D: my part looks like tons of shiy put together.

Kitsune
07-11-2008, 06:33 PM
I didn't know what your post meant.

And i seem to have aqquired an issue where all my stuff is too fast, or it's to 20 Fr.
D: my part looks like tons of shiy put together.

If you want, you can upload the swf for me to see, and I can give any level of c&c you want.

For slowing down, simply insert frames where it's too fast, and keep the smooth motions you gots. :P

Kensei
07-11-2008, 07:46 PM
waiiiit soo I just do an anim without using colour right...? its 2am so I cant be assed to read it all T__T

Kitsune
07-11-2008, 07:55 PM
No color, just black, white, and gray.

It must also show creativity, representing your thoughts, and/or having a creative theme to it, and follow the rules of dimension and framerate and the other rules.

Cool?

have a nice sleep.

Kensei
07-12-2008, 04:59 AM
sooo If I done a fight where they throw colourless cool fireworks would that be good enough o.o?

Drifts
07-12-2008, 05:12 AM
LOl forgot that kensei loves his coulourful explosions.

Kitsune can i do two entries, one ii still need to think, and the other hand to hand combat.

Akeru
07-12-2008, 05:16 AM
May I join, i'm already done with my animation.

alive
07-12-2008, 06:02 AM
Since Kitsune hasn't answered yet, I'll take the liberty to answer the last two questions.

LOl forgot that kensei loves his coulourful explosions.

Kitsune can i do two entries, one ii still need to think, and the other hand to hand combat.
Yes, you can do two animations. The more entries the better.

May I join, i'm already done with my animation.

Of course you can join. As long as the animation is sent to Kitsune before the 15th, everyone can join.

Kensei
07-12-2008, 06:20 AM
You didnt answer my question T_______T

alive
07-12-2008, 06:31 AM
I'm not sure about his standards. Make an animation that you think is cool using only black-white. If he think it's cool he'll let it in.

Kensei
07-12-2008, 06:36 AM
Ok thanks alot :3 ...

Kitsune
07-12-2008, 06:45 AM
Thank you, Alive.

Kensei, that sounds really ****ing cool. I don't see why fireworks thrown in a fight would not be different from others. :D

Drifts, I would love to see two from you. <3

Akeru, make sure it abides to all of the rules in the first post, then please go to www.savefile.com, upload the fla file, and please send the link to the download in a pm. I will see if it will be in. Thank you for making something.

Now Tawnik entered something awesome. This collab with the last minute rush of awesome coming in, the collab will be even better. XD This is so great.

Kensei
07-12-2008, 06:35 PM
Errrrm Kitsune im kinda animating something long right now and im not good at doing 2 projects at the same time... sooo If I enter something is probably gonna be either last min and only last for exactly 5 seconds orrrr nothing at all T__T...

I was thinking of doing a dark room where one guy relises he has the power to create fireworks from his hands and then the fiyawuuurrrk master comes and they spaaaa without any punching or kicking then after 5 mins (5 seconds in animation time) the masta shows his GIANNT FIRE BAAAAAWWWWWMERRR Technique which makes the whole room bright for like 5 seconds then the other guy goes... wow that was EPIC! The END...

Kitsune
07-13-2008, 03:26 PM
Errrrm Kitsune im kinda animating something long right now and im not good at doing 2 projects at the same time... sooo If I enter something is probably gonna be either last min and only last for exactly 5 seconds orrrr nothing at all T__T...

I was thinking of doing a dark room where one guy relises he has the power to create fireworks from his hands and then the fiyawuuurrrk master comes and they spaaaa without any punching or kicking then after 5 mins (5 seconds in animation time) the masta shows his GIANNT FIRE BAAAAAWWWWWMERRR Technique which makes the whole room bright for like 5 seconds then the other guy goes... wow that was EPIC! The END...

Well if you don't think you can enter something by the 15th, it would be best to wait for next collab. Though I would hope you can make something. :[

The idea sounds nice, and makes me want to see it more. :3

Rgith now I'm like 13 seconds into my animation. I'd like 20 seconds. >:[

Akeru
07-13-2008, 03:29 PM
Only 2 days left I can't wait >.<..!

Etch
07-13-2008, 06:22 PM
I'm up for it.

In for the win baby.

Kitsune
07-13-2008, 07:25 PM
I'm up for it.

In for the win baby.

Yes!!!

You can do it mang!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mine is going too ****ing awesome! I love my entry so far. lol!!!

16.4 seconds in.

Jesus, this collab.......... It.. It will be awesome.

lol

Now I shall send a notice to all of my fwends!

Sunder Forge
07-13-2008, 07:27 PM
I'm at 5.4 seconds, it's really wierd.
:/

Kitsune
07-13-2008, 10:27 PM
It's nice. It's in. :P

I JUST finished. 23.6 seconds. I approve of myself and put it in the main animation. :P

Kitsune
07-14-2008, 11:04 AM
1.5 days left guys!

passos354
07-14-2008, 12:10 PM
shitttt
i just wanned to do other entry but theres no time left T-T!!!!!!!
HEEEELP!!!
lol

The.Number.23
07-14-2008, 12:28 PM
This sounds cool.
Can I give it a go ?

*Why do I have the hunch this collab is almost over ?* O.o

Maybe If I do it today? Maybe ? Please (:

Oh, and for the theme = Zombies (:

Kitsune
07-14-2008, 01:41 PM
This sounds cool.
Can I give it a go ?

*Why do I have the hunch this collab is almost over ?* O.o

Maybe If I do it today? Maybe ? Please (:

Oh, and for the theme = Zombies (:
As long as its different and creative. :)

You can enter, but it is due at the end of tomorrow, so I hope you can get something in by then. :)

EDUT: Passos, the entry looks great. Just respond to my PM please. I'd like to have this in. :3

The.Number.23
07-14-2008, 02:21 PM
As long as its different and creative. :)

You can enter, but it is due at the end of tomorrow, so I hope you can get something in by then. :)

EDUT: Passos, the entry looks great. Just respond to my PM please. I'd like to have this in. :3

Ok :X ..
I'll be done in about 1 hour.
Still need to do finishing touches and such ( I havnt seen flash since 2 years )

Oh, and don't expect preety much. It's my fifth anim.

Well you can just say if u want to use it or not :3

Kitsune
07-14-2008, 08:47 PM
Well, I am sorry, but it will be unused. Thank you very much for adding to our project.

Kitsune
07-15-2008, 10:36 AM
Sending a final notice to the unfinished ones. We need as many entries as possible today.

Funfunfunfunfun.

Raffi
07-15-2008, 10:41 AM
SHIT. I FORGOT.

GOGOGOGOGO.

EDIT: Damn, I'll never be able to finish in time D: I can't think of ahything either.

Kitsune
07-15-2008, 11:15 AM
SHIT. I FORGOT.

GOGOGOGOGO.

EDIT: Damn, I'll never be able to finish in time D: I can't think of ahything either.

Shit, man, I thought you would be too busy to enter! I'm sorry I didn't send you any notices!

PM me if you want help drawing out ideas.

Sorry!

Kitsune
07-15-2008, 08:13 PM
3 hours till the line of getting, ma' homies!!!! I got 2 minutes, 50 seconds overall. I'm looking for a song now.

OMG!!

Kitsune
07-16-2008, 12:17 AM
HAI GUYSH!

Well guess what! This collaboration is ovarr!

I don't care if it's midnight where you live, because everyone gets an equal amount of time.

I might be done in a week. I have some insane shit to do with this collab. You may find tis worth the wait. ;3

Thank all of you very much for entering.

Much love

Much respect.

Tawnik
07-18-2008, 04:16 PM
I have to leave tomorrow (19.7),I won't be here for 14 days,so I'll miss the release date.

But if you can,I have a newgrounds acc "Tawnik" add me to the participant list :]

Kitsune
07-20-2008, 03:19 PM
I have to leave tomorrow (19.7),I won't be here for 14 days,so I'll miss the release date.

But if you can,I have a newgrounds acc "Tawnik" add me to the participant list :]

Well, it may be another week before it gets finished. I'm sorry guys, but I have reading, swimming, lifeguarding, college, and other animating to take care of, so I'll try my hardest to get it in in 1 week.

But your waiting will be the most fruitful thing evar. :3 I'm usually modest about this shit, but I think this is some front page newgrounds material. :D!!!

I'll upload some shit for you guys in a few hours to show you how far in I am.

_slanted_
07-20-2008, 05:38 PM
well, after doing much helping of kitsune and his menu for the collab, i suggest nobody complain about the wait, as for it is very much own.

Kitsune
07-20-2008, 08:41 PM
http://www.stickpageportal.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1296951#post1296951

Now no one complains about time, like last time in monochrome, because you know most of the time before the release now, I'll be working on this collab.

>:(

leo4life
07-31-2008, 06:28 AM
oookaay?, is it here yet =/? this threads starting to die

Kitsune
08-01-2008, 10:21 PM
It's fine if this thread dies.

I'm sorry, guys, but this might take a little while. I'm really busy with my job, tomorrows the last day for swimming, and I have some reading to do. Other than that I'll commit my time to this collab.

So you guys know, the intro is 40 seconds long in total, just finished. That's how deep I'm going here. :3

Sorry for the terrible delay.

Tawnik
08-02-2008, 02:14 PM
Back from "vacation" :P

Still nothing new?Except the menu..

Kitsune
08-02-2008, 08:07 PM
Yeah, sorry. I'll get to it and finish ASAP. It's been too long already.

_slanted_
08-02-2008, 10:04 PM
Yeah, sorry. I'll get to it and finish ASAP. It's been too long already.
work slave work, lol hope to see it when its done

Kitsune
08-02-2008, 10:12 PM
work slave work, lol hope to see it when its done

Nah, I coded it so your IP can't see it.

:P

_slanted_
08-04-2008, 08:14 PM
oh no my IP!!! i guess ill have to kill somebody and steal their computer....

Cizzil
08-04-2008, 10:19 PM
Dude, i really want to see this collab. Take your time though, i don't want it to looked rushed

Kitsune
08-06-2008, 08:04 PM
Neither do I. I'm finishing up the intermission. Then I'll get the entries done, then the ending done, then the credits, then the refining, then I'm finally done.

Again, sorry. This is taking far too long.

Sunder Forge
08-06-2008, 08:07 PM
Can you is gonna put in a Easter egg plz?

Kitsune
08-06-2008, 08:08 PM
Lol I'll see what I can do.

leo4life
08-18-2008, 02:47 PM
im starting to think this collab is dead =/

alive
08-18-2008, 02:56 PM
Dead? It's finished. We're just waiting for Kitsune to get it all together neatly. Take your time man, we want a good collab more than a rushed.

passos354
08-19-2008, 07:29 PM
aaaaaaaa
im so excited about this collaaaab
can't wait anymore!
im freaking out, dude!
plz get over with it!

Kitsune
08-22-2008, 08:08 PM
Dead? It's finished. We're just waiting for Kitsune to get it all together neatly. Take your time man, we want a good collab more than a rushed.
Thanks. I'm just about done. Fine tuning some flaws. *read below*

aaaaaaaa
im so excited about this collaaaab
can't wait anymore!
im freaking out, dude!
plz get over with it!
Almost done! D:

Okay guys, so I have few more things to do. First off, I'm done with the duration. the credits were done by slanted, because I'm ****ing cooked with this collab. I animated a lot to make a plot for this, but quickl;y to not keep you guys waiting. some of it was under my expectations, and get ****ing this: All of the tweens I made all stopped working suddenly. This happens in my flash when the file gets too big or something. Now I have to go back to every tween and remind the idiot program that there's a tween there. I need music for the credits, just ambient shit for short stuff, I gotta code the comments, refine and edit everything, and make sure it works. After I'm sure it's all good, it's going on SPP, NG, and whatever.

By the way guys, an impressive 2:50 given by you guys, and a 4:25 total animation without the credits. A hint thar. ;3

I'd like this one spp collab to get ng frontpage. That's a goal that will make editing this worth while. Thank you guys so much for your patience. The last collab everyone was pushing me to get it done, and it was a bit half-assed. I'll get it done asap, but before school, I have one more book to read. (10 days. x_x) Those two things before I get school, and my new video underway. I'll do my best. Sorry I haven't posted in this thread in so long either.

And thanks for the permission Leo. I needed one entry like that. :D

twill be epic, methinks.

Cizzil
08-22-2008, 08:51 PM
Dude you got me all excited and im not even in it can't wait, so obviously you made a like mini movie then the collab? sweet.

Kitsune
08-23-2008, 01:12 AM
Dude you got me all excited and im not even in it can't wait, so obviously you made a like mini movie then the collab? sweet.

Thanks! I'm trying to make it meet expectations, but I'll leave that to the fine tuning step. now for debugging. :(

passos354
08-23-2008, 06:27 PM
Thanks. I'm just about done. Fine tuning some flaws. *read below*

Almost done! D:

Okay guys, so I have few more things to do. First off, I'm done with the duration. the credits were done by slanted, because I'm ****ing cooked with this collab. I animated a lot to make a plot for this, but quickl;y to not keep you guys waiting. some of it was under my expectations, and get ****ing this: All of the tweens I made all stopped working suddenly. This happens in my flash when the file gets too big or something. Now I have to go back to every tween and remind the idiot program that there's a tween there. I need music for the credits, just ambient shit for short stuff, I gotta code the comments, refine and edit everything, and make sure it works. After I'm sure it's all good, it's going on SPP, NG, and whatever.

By the way guys, an impressive 2:50 given by you guys, and a 4:25 total animation without the credits. A hint thar. ;3

I'd like this one spp collab to get ng frontpage. That's a goal that will make editing this worth while. Thank you guys so much for your patience. The last collab everyone was pushing me to get it done, and it was a bit half-assed. I'll get it done asap, but before school, I have one more book to read. (10 days. x_x) Those two things before I get school, and my new video underway. I'll do my best. Sorry I haven't posted in this thread in so long either.

And thanks for the permission Leo. I needed one entry like that. :D

twill be epic, methinks.

some good music?
ok:
love rollercoaster red hot chilli peppers

Kitsune
08-24-2008, 03:12 PM
Music have. A friend of mine was making some independant shit after quitting his band, so I told him I'd use an awesometrack on his awesomedisk that he gave to me.

passos354
08-26-2008, 12:03 PM
lol
is he that awesome? :)
so, i just can't stop thinking that this collab will be
as great as hellhope u finish soon :]

Kitsune
08-26-2008, 12:43 PM
No, he's good enough. :P

I'll finish within a week. I gotta get done before school.