PDA

View Full Version : Newest, with Explosions and Blobs. =D -- Frodo

Frodomoj
04-30-2008, 01:25 PM
Yeah hi again. =D
This was intended to be my new sig but the only good gif hosting site I can find is imageflock and that only does links. With Imageshack you have to download some toolbar apparently. >=[ Grr.

Anyway, I really like this. The explosions are nice. =]

http://imageflock.com/img/1209579462.gif

comment plz and leev crit thx.

Can anyone tell me any good hosting sites? FANKS
EDIT: OMG I FOUND WUN I USED PIVTOHOST TO HOST EZTOON!!!!!!1!1 I CHEATED

Jousteh
04-30-2008, 01:40 PM
The blob was really awesome but maybe a bit more particles on explosions?

Frodomoj
04-30-2008, 01:43 PM
Hmm, maybe. ;D Thanks Joust. More please.

evildeadking
05-01-2008, 05:20 PM
i really like it. At first i thought it needed more particles too, but now i've grown quite fond of the explosions. [=

Newman
05-01-2008, 09:58 PM
Newman has come to inform you that your explosions lack volume. In real life explosions are loud, traumatic, and above all noticeable.

Newman knows the trick to a believable explosion... and will reveal it with a bulleted list.

Newman's First Law: In almost every scenario an explosion will cast debris into the air; therefore, smoke and aftermath should be present.

Newman's Second Law: While overdone, when viewing an explosion very rarely does the area around it remain static. Newman has learned that when a force that large should very well effect the ground or general area around it.

Newman's Third Law: Particle effects are overrated. Find alternatives if you wish to make something believable.

Upps
05-01-2008, 10:13 PM
newman, take it easy.

nice explosions, they look like pokemon style explosions.(I don't watch pokemon <( I probably spelled it wrong))

Frodomoj
05-02-2008, 11:20 AM
Newman has come to inform you that your explosions lack volume. In real life explosions are loud, traumatic, and above all noticeable.

Newman knows the trick to a believable explosion... and will reveal it with a bulleted list.

Newman's First Law: In almost every scenario an explosion will cast debris into the air; therefore, smoke and aftermath should be present.

Newman's Second Law: While overdone, when viewing an explosion very rarely does the area around it remain static. Newman has learned that when a force that large should very well effect the ground or general area around it.

Newman's Third Law: Particle effects are overrated. Find alternatives if you wish to make something believable.

Okay, for starters, you really don't have to talk in the third person. It makes you look pompous, slightly insane and generally peculiar.
Secondly, I never stated that the animation was intended to be realistic.

I appreciate the fact that you are trying to give constructive criticism and I have no problem at all with that. I respect your opininon completely, and you might be right. However, I animate for fun, not to completely mimic real life situations. Considering the fact that you have 20 posts and you joined only recently, I guess I'm just annoyed that a new member has criticised me. Idk, but seriously, calm down. >_>

newman, take it easy.

nice explosions, they look like pokemon style explosions.(I don't watch pokemon <( I probably spelled it wrong))

Thanks. Moar.

Newman
05-02-2008, 12:25 PM
Newman criticised calmly and has put effort in the critique. The posts do not determine how smart a person may be.

Realism or not, Newman was trying to help you. You don't see much posts like Newman's around here anyway ...

evildeadking
05-02-2008, 03:03 PM
alright newman, what if they are smoke bombs?
OR if they are in space...?

Upps
05-02-2008, 06:19 PM
ultimate stickman says .... WTF.

also, if you look closer at your frames you will see that most of the smoke figures look like roses, real explosion has more of aaaaa......the first explosion was close to the shape I'm trying to describe.

Dreamer
05-05-2008, 01:31 PM
Newman is win.
Dont be dissing Newman.

kinto
05-05-2008, 05:19 PM
How did Dreamer get banned....

Anyway, it was great, loved the cartoony effects.

Newman is a moderator though, I doubt he really just joined.

Strife
05-05-2008, 06:23 PM
Newman just gave you really, really good critique, take it.

Jet
05-05-2008, 11:33 PM
how the hell did newman become a mod?

the afro ninja
05-07-2008, 09:40 PM
****ing sexeh. Your really good at natural movements in EZT. I love it.

Frodomoj
05-10-2008, 04:31 AM
Wtf?
Newman isn't a mod.
?
Wtf.

rx00worth
05-10-2008, 07:26 AM
pretty good, blob was sickkkk

MrCheesy
05-10-2008, 07:36 AM
Frodomoj you arn't turning to the easytoon way are you?
And leaving all us pivoters in the dark...
I liked the explosions alot but didn't really like the blob. It was big at the start and then grew small...
I reckon it should have splatered against the wall (The black thing that comes across the screen is a wall right?).

evildeadking
05-10-2008, 07:25 PM
newman just put his quote or what ever as mod. Like mine says kiss your nerves goodbye or something like that.

Frodomoj
05-11-2008, 05:47 AM
Thanks Blacky.
I'm going into a horribly rusty stage of Pivot atm, so don't expect me to post another animayshun soon.
Maybe I'll get it back. >_> <_<

MrCheesy
05-14-2008, 03:23 AM
Well I hope you get better at Pivot soon....

Frodomoj
05-14-2008, 05:15 AM
yah rust is ghey.
MORE COMANTZ

demon30
05-19-2008, 04:26 PM
Ok i may be stupid or something but how can you have n/a posts when you already posted like 2 times here??? (talking to newman) WTF???

edmard
05-19-2008, 04:43 PM
Wicked i loved that anim its sooo kl!
im one of those people that apreciates the time and effort it takes to make a good anim like that.
oh and the blob does start really big but otherwise cool

cherrybombs8
06-02-2008, 10:20 PM
everything was pretty cool. maybe add some shading to the blob? and residual fire or a shockwave ring around ur explosions somewhere would make em even better!

wow, u have GOT to make a tut on easing, that was REALLY good. my explosions suck ass though haha. do u hav a youtube account or something that shows ur pivot skillz at all? im like, terrible at both EZ and Pivot, i need mad help.

Spartan1105
06-11-2008, 11:10 PM
The blob's good, looks real.