PDA

View Full Version : Been a while.

Entente
05-01-2008, 04:00 PM
Well, haven't posted anything for a while, trying to improve.
http://www.*************/open/1209673423
Comments plez. T.T

mraznbuddy
05-01-2008, 06:13 PM
I didn't really think that the shadow trail of the black stick was actually necessary. They're usually used when a something is moving at high speeds, or when an animation is going in slow motion.
I'm not sure if you wanted the illusion of slow motion or not, but the inversion was kinda pointless too.

Somethings you might want to take a look into is when the stick takes the first step it seems like he was about to take a bigger step because he pulled his legs way back up. You could have left the stick standing there and move the body instead of making it take a step forward.

The weird thing about the red stick was that he just hung out of the wall in that position, try practicing physics.

Maybe its the trails, maybe it isn't, but the sticks looked quiet wobbly to me :\ loosen them up too! way too stiff.

Also the jump was too weak to make the ground break/shift like that.

Overall I think this animation was better than most new people here.
Keep on practicing and looking up some tutorials.

btw I actually did like the background :D

>:D thars yur long cammant

mint
05-01-2008, 06:31 PM
What he said.
The invert was really cool, the punch wasn't that big, and im not sure what the crap that yellow thing was, finish it =|Also the legs were a bit flailing and wobbly in the air, touching down after the punch etc. etc.

bruised fruit
05-01-2008, 07:24 PM
try and work on the smoothness a bit. and don't submit unfinished entries. its kinda annoying.

Entente
05-01-2008, 08:20 PM
Lulz, amrights, just had time and I thought the trail was fun to make. Funny long comment too ^.^.

kinto
05-01-2008, 08:27 PM
The arms and legs also look like they bend the wrong way. Just keep that in mind.