PDA

View Full Version : Rhg Battle: Flinch vs Hex

Flinch
07-06-2012, 04:01 AM
Flinch
Click (http://www.fluidanims.com/portal2/view/5412/)

Hex -FlashGhost

Click (www.fileize.com/view/54db8064-33d/)

Challenge proposed by Hex June 27th.
Due date was today 6th of July.

Feel free to comment (:
Good luck to Hex.

JanRavnik
07-06-2012, 04:17 AM
I vote for Flinch, because it had more fighting.

Strike
07-06-2012, 04:53 AM
I couldn't really understand what was happening in your animation Hex. You should work on making scenes more....simpler? I don't know how to explain. :/

Flinch, hey dude - seems your style has changed a bit. Not bad animation, but you should work on those bgs. ;P

ITTD
07-06-2012, 05:16 AM
First of all: Great work to the both of you.

Flinch: Great animation and awesome angles, the fight was entertaining but the ending left me a tad puzzled. If both chars could fall down a tall building, bash into the window and still be pretty okay, why did pushing Hex out the window make it a victory? In short, I think you should have emphasized that "Now, hex has been defeated." Like the beam perhaps piercing through his stomach and out his back perhaps? The background was pretty basic but it certainly set the mood alright. The grey background made the skyscraper blend in and it looked pretty depressive. Thats not a bad thing, it made the battle seem pretty desolate, despite being good, try to take that concept to new heights!

Hex: Your style is quite clean and tidy, not that gritty. That has its ups and downs. I think the battle was depicted a bit too "anime-ish" the battle consisted of power-attacks all the time. I think you need to take power-attacks down several notches, sure they're awesome; but if you sell them like butter, it won't feel any special when they're preformed in your animations. The art style and cinematic angles were really good but somehow I felt the story was hard to follow. Why did the battle go a few weeks forward? Was it the same place? I think you need to give your viewers more information! ^^

With all that said: I vote Flinch's anim! It entertained me more but I wish you both best of luck. :)

Psyc
07-06-2012, 06:29 AM
Voting for Flinch, it was a lot easier to decipher what was going on, not to be rude or anything.

Drone
07-06-2012, 06:37 AM
Voting for flinch. Overall animation was better/smoother and it entertained me much more

Hex
07-06-2012, 08:00 AM
I rushed like a fucker.
Flinch, you won :-)
After all you do animate for two years....i animate like six months

Strike
07-06-2012, 10:19 AM
I rushed like a fucker.
Flinch, you won :-)
After all you do animate for two years....i animate like six monthsHey, for six months of animating, you did pretty well. By taking tips from Dronez and maybe getting yourself a mentor - you'd become pretty good in no time.

Flinch
07-06-2012, 11:32 AM
@Hex Well you challenged me :I
@Strike Thanks i dont know much about making good backgrounds and to top it off i was rushing to get it to at least 1 min.And Dronez was actually my mentor back in the day.
@Dronez Thanks bro,i was going for a feel to go with the song.

AGSys
07-06-2012, 12:36 PM
nice lil battle here. i vote for flinch since his one had more fighting....i dont know.

but for six months hex you did okay. well, its 19 against 1 so flinch i think you've won....im saying 'think' because you never know if hex gets a mass amount of votes the next day for whatever reason lol.

bababenyek
07-07-2012, 07:35 AM
I was the wrong choice DX

Pickup
07-08-2012, 10:27 PM
going for Flinch.
:)
cuz it awesome.

GuzFA
07-21-2012, 09:42 PM
Flinch gets my vote.

well done.