PDA

View Full Version : Game Tribute Legion! - [Winners Announced!]

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

stone
07-07-2012, 02:44 PM
http://www.fileize.com/files/8845c170/eb4/competitionbanner.png

NOTE: Competitors, please do not release your entries until it is released on stickpage. After its release please do not change any branding on the animation when you upload elsewhere. I will be posting a schedule of when exactly each animation will be released.

The Winners!
Pro
$900 1. Final Fantasy(pending change of swf on newgrounds to the one that was posted on SP by Friday (nov 9) at midnight.) - Terkoiz: 23.83
$700 2. Max Payne - Supranova: 23.16
$500 3. Sp Band - Danmark: 22.66
$300 4. Resident evil - godmouth: 21.66
$250 5. Killing Floor - jomm 20.00

6. Resistance - Dabige13: 19.66
7. Halo - Oxob: 17.16
8. Legend of dragoon - angelMikey: 16.16

Int
$500 1. Ghost Recon - yun: 19.36
$300 2. splintercell - wave: 18.5
$200 3. Spiderman - lilg74ster: 17.5
$100 4. halo comp - resh: 17.5
$75 5. dark souls - armorstick: 16.66

6. resisdent evil5 - kingster7: 16.16
7. kinddomhearts - rythm: 15.33
8. sonic battle - gnyse: 14
9. harvestmoon - noden: 13

The judges were Crazyjay, Winston and myself. We judged based on 3 sections on the animation.

Animation - quality and originality /10
Story/ Length /10
Style /5

Special thanks to CRAZY JAY for hosting and funding the event and prizes!

From there, we took these scores, added and averaged them up to come up with the above scores. We also took note on who kept us updating and kept screen shotting us with their progress.

NOTE: You will NEED to read this entire post before posting. It contains critical details within each section that can make or break your qualification into this competition.

- We are no longer accepting competitors, nor are we accepting any more game changes as of 7/20/12. Good luck everyone!

About
Ever wondered what it would be like to take your favorite game and give it the ultimate remake with stick figures? Challenge your imagination to take an old game classic, or reinvent a new one through the best art form ever- stick figures?! Well, here's your chance to take a whack at another one of stickpage's legendary flash animation competitions! Huge cash prizes, loads of animators, and the end result is classic animations for the world to experience time and time again. This is to be your master piece! Do 'research,' buy or play the game you wish to tribute. Take out key details that really make that game what it is and show it in your animation. Of course, it shouldn't be all that hard to research a game you love to play :P

How to Enter:
Submit to us your username and the game you wish to create an animation tribute.
Also, if you could state whether you fit pro or intermediate. If you could please provide us with an example of your work to help categorize you better as well.

example:
stone - Diablo 3
pro
<link to animation>

This time, we're going to take the entry process a little more seriously. We always have loads of people who enter and take the best games / animations to tribute. Sit on their selection so others cannot take it, and never animate anything to it. We have a solution! This time around, if a user selects a game to tribute and does NOT submit an entry they will not be eligible for the next stickpage competition. We don't to be bad guys for this, we just want to give those the best possible opportunity to tribute what they'd like without others just selecting an option just to sit on it in case they feel like participating.

To encourage competition, and showcasing productivity amongst the competitors. We will be requiring you to post screen shots and keep detailed updates on your entry. This will show activity and excitement to all about where everyone is heading. We aren't asking you give out all your secrets, just a taste to let others know who is still going for the gold.

Also something new! We will have two categories for this competition. 1 will be for more experienced animators ( pro ) and the other for those who are talented, but may not be able to compete with some of the more experienced animators ( intermediate. ) This is to encourage those who might be turned off by some of the more talented animators entering and essentially 'taking' first or second place opportunities from others.

Entry Requirements
Download Stickpage Package (http://www.fileize.com/view/625755e8-6a0/)
Another Introduction Variation (http://www.fileize.com/view/483091e5-9ed/)

- Must be at least 120 seconds long (excluding credits, and if you have an excessively long or un-involved introduction)
- Must contain stickpage preloader
- Must contain stickpage introduction linking to stickpage( either use the download or create your own )
- Must contain a small 'stickpage.com' text in the top right hand corner of the entire animation ( including credits ) linking to stickpage
- Must not be released to the general public until released on stickpage

--------------------
If we get 10 finished entries from each category, the prizes will be doubled! As well as adding a fourth and fifth place!
--------------------
Prizes (these current prizes are pending approval and are potentially subject to change) Red = potential prizes if we reach the above goal
Pro
1. $800 $1,600
2. $600 $1,200
3. $300 $600
4. $300
5. $150

Intermediate
1. $400 $800
2. $200 $400
3. $100 $200
4. $150
5. $100

Notes:

- You may have another animator animate a 'joint' portion of your entry.

What this means, is you may choose another animator to work with you on your animation for no more than 30 seconds.
EX: Fight scene breaks out, your main character is in a room filled enemies. Your hero cries out for help and 'stone' hops in to help. From there, stone would animate on the file you are currently working on along side you for no more than 30 seconds.

- Animators may not choose the same game to tribute within their given category.
Example: 1 animator may do a tribute to minecraft in PRO and 1 in inter. However, there cannot be 2 animators in pro or inter doing a tribute to minecraft within the same category.

- It does take some time to keep the front page updated with accurate entrant info. So if you don't see your name up on the list right away, don't freak out. The front page list is just a representation for all to see who is entering and with what. It does not decide whether or not you are in the competition. If you make an animation under the correct guidelines stated above, you are in the competition. The list essentially is nothing more than a tool for all to see who is doing what. We will do our best to keep it updated.

- You should be posting your screen shots here as others have been doing AS WELL AS creating a thread in 'Community Projects' that outlines your project and gives us an accurate timeline of your project as you move along.

- Be sure to also create your thread in the Upcoming Works in Progress (http://forums.stickpage.com/forumdisplay.php?60-Upcoming-Works-in-Progress). You know in movies how they have 'extras' on the DVD / Blur ray menu that show the process of how the movie was created? Essentially the thread you create will be just that. Author sketches, outlines and snippets of you working on it throughout the projects evolution. This would be absolute prime content to link on your main menu of your animation or have linked in your credits. A portion of the judging will also be based on your record of the progress of your animation project. Neat right?

Questions / Issues

Can I make the animation interactive for the game tribute competition?
Sure!

Can I make a 'joint' entry?
No, this will make things sticky for judgement and awarding prizes. As well as a potential unfair advantage.

The preloader is broken!?!!
The preloader actually does work. However, there are a few things or reasons why it may not be working or why you think its not working.
- Be sure that your flash file is AS2.
- If you're just exporting the swf from flash, it will almost immediately skip the preloader and play the animation.
- If you'd like the preloader to stop on the 'play' button, simply add a 'stop();' to the final frame of the 'play' button completing its tween / fade in.
- Also, if you upload the file online to test the preloader and it also immediately skips to the animation. You might not have anything for it to load. An example of that would be a very small, or no animation after it.

is it possible to use my own preloader for the competition?
Yes, you can. As long as it contains a stickpage logo or illustration / text thats clickable to stickpage.com. It is also GREATLY encouraged for you to include the title of your animation on the preloading menu. Remember guys, make these animations 100% unique and legit!

Ok then will do searge.....oh btw can I edit the intro made by oxob and use another character and some more effects
Yeah I encourage users to create their own stickpage introduction that some how includes their game that they are tributing. This will definitely add in some brownie points.

Due Date
TBD ( will be sometime in October giving roughly 3 months for everyone to make something )

Competitors:

Pro
PLasmaghost - Mortal Kombat 9
Rebellion-Devil May Cry 4
-Haze- Snydicate
Oxob3000 – Halo
leo4life - final fantasy dissidia 012
Godmouth - Resident Evil 1
Terkoiz - Final Fantasy
SethX - Gunz online
kemical - Little fighters 2
CaM - LittleBigPlanet2
AngelXMikey -Legend of Dragoon
Blizz - The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
coolisushi -Assassins Creed 3
Philito -Mechwarrior
Supranova - Max Payne
Resh - Needs to change selection. moved to pro- halo is taken.
Novatris - DayZ
Frank - Twisted Metal
Meteor - Metal Gear Rising
Corn - Portal 2
Poppetje3D - Space invaders
Pepper - Blacklight series (tango down/retribution)
DanmarK - Guitar Hero
Travis- BattleField 3
Cozen - Kingdom Hearts
Ciao - Earthbound
Emert-x - Dance dance revolution
Jomm - Grief Syndrome
Reap4u - Star Wars Battlefront 2
Game- God of War
GuzFA - Black★Rock Shooter THE GAME
LOLingboy - [prototype]
Drifts - Ninja Gaiden 3
Shoop - Hitman Absolution
Tocksique- Splinter Cell

Intermediate
supersmashbro - super paper mario
Rainbow - The legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time.
Fenix - fear 2 project origins
Unknown123456 - Naruto Ultimate Ninja Generations
xDonnyx - Mincraft
R.D - Pitfall(for the atari 2600)
DiPi - Call of duty
SmallBoy02 - Devil May Cry 3: Dante's Awakening
Kingster7- Resident Evil 5
Stixz - Marvel vs Capcom
Shadowkirby - Dante's Inferno
A13x@nd3r - Assasin's Creed
HyMaster - Final Fantasy VII
=Craftsman= - Mega Man
SyriusBlab - Super mario brothers
Daikairye - Dead Space 2
ACBeam - Bioshock
AllergyPistol - Bayonetta
dabigE13 - Resistance series
Strike - Spiderman Friend or Foe
McRhook - Patapon
jdogg - Left 4 Dead
Fordz - Quake III Arena
Smileyyy - GTA San Andreas
Radium -Super Mario World
Rythm - Kingdom Hearts
Obase - LA NOIRE
Armorstick-DARK SOULS
Game - Infamous2
Royce-Grandchase
Sweeto - Rayman 3:Hoodlums Havoc
Tsang_fold - Mirrors Edge
Kidzane - DBZ Raging Blast
Petski - Portal
dresnet - Max Payne 3
15942347 - Duck Hunt [Edit]
Lagant - Army of Two
Beast210 - God of War
Wave - Splinter cell : Conviction
Marshmallow_dude- Fallout New Vegas
Harleyg- Terraria
7Cashmoney7 - Gaia Online
TalElm - Battle Field 3
Draves - Star Fox Adventures
ebsketch - needs new selection
Yun - Ghost Recon
Kyrin - Tribes: Ascend
RioDeRi - Age Of Mythology
-Blue- - Mortal Kombat 9
Lilg742ster- The Amazing Spider-Man
Mikematic - Sonic Generations
AG Systems - InFamous/Might move to pro, but needs more work shown.
ArchZachry - S.F Battle Stadium
danick - tetris 64
lalli - TF 2
Arch-Angel - Halo Reach
Biscuit - Prototype 2
Hex - Bleach Blade Battlers 2nd
Herom - Batman Arkham city
Tobor - Planetside 2
Skinja - Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition
Beaumarx21-God Of War
caliph777 - Stronghold Crusader
forbidden - Call Of Duty , Moderen Warfare 1
sclero- [Prototype]
Fay57-shinobidho
Zero22-Game: left 4 dead 2
Derishus/Kami - Game: BLAZBLUE
varun992 - tekken 3
Chaosblare - Space Channel 5 part 2
Legian02 - Half Life 2
HorizoN - Starcraft 2
system - Age of Empires
Pin - Angry Birds
xLycan - Madden 12
noden - Harvest Moon: Tale of two towns
Neuron - GunZ

S-Critical
07-07-2012, 02:51 PM
WOOT!
im not sure, BSE or this ._.

super paper mario
sample anim:http://www.fileize.com/view/05aec8f5-d0f/
applying for intermediate

foxbox
I wanna JOIN

rainbow
Holy crap!!! Another competition!? Hmmmm, what game should I do... Uh, ummmmm, oh!

Rainbow - The legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time.

Animation: Something simple. http://www.fileize.com/view/cebbfe13-a7d/

Applying for intermediate...

Shadowkirby
I'm in this time!!!

Fenix
07-07-2012, 02:52 PM
Fenix - fear 2 project origins

PLasmaghost
07-07-2012, 02:53 PM
Ummmm I would Like to Take Mortal Kombat 9 please.

this comp sounds pretty fun >B]

EDIT: heres my categorize anim ----> http://plasmaghost01.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d54mvbk :I

R.D
R.D- Asura's Wrath

I'll be in intermediate, is that the default?

zee-the-king
i swear someone must do asuras wrath on this
edit: yes thank you rd

Shadowkirby
07-07-2012, 02:55 PM
i swear someone must do asuras wrath on this
edit: yes thank you rd

I'm pretty sure Tentionmaru is gonna do that.

foxbox
07-07-2012, 02:56 PM
Unknown123456-Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm

terkoiz
07-07-2012, 02:57 PM
"This time around, if a user selects a game to tribute and does NOT submit an entry they will not be eligible for the next stickpage competition."

Advising all to not blatantly blurt out "IM IN!"

stone
07-07-2012, 02:57 PM
Guys, I'd forgotten to add- if you could please also state if you're entering in for pro or intermediate. If you choose to enter pro but know you aren't qualified you will be adjusted down to keep the competition fair. Same goes with pro entering for intermediate.

For those who have already posted, if you could please update pro or inter.

EDIT: Please also submit to us an example of your latest work to help better categorized you.

rainbow
07-07-2012, 02:59 PM
I know, I know... But I'm determined to finish this.

foxbox
Guys, I'd forgotten to add- if you could please also state if you're entering in for pro or intermediate. If you choose to enter pro but know you aren't qualified you will be adjusted down to keep the competition fair. Same goes with pro entering for intermediate.

For those who have already posted, if you could please update pro or inter.

I'll go to Intermedia.....Cause I'm not a pro...But I really wanna join to pro cause it has bigger money but I can't so I'll go to Intermedia stone

zee-the-king
"This time around, if a user selects a game to tribute and does NOT submit an entry they will not be eligible for the next stickpage competition."

Advising all to not blatantly blurt out "IM IN!"
dude pickone bse or this not both it wont be fair for some new guys cause you have a high chance of winning

Shadowkirby
07-07-2012, 03:02 PM
I'll try to get this entry done before the time comes! The last one was a fail for me, so I want to get this done on time. No more Lazy Mike! It's time to do this!

xDonnyx
07-07-2012, 03:03 PM
I choose Minecraft(i am in intermediate)

stone
07-07-2012, 03:03 PM
dude pickone bse or this not both it wont be fair for some new guys cause you have a high chance of winning

Thats why there is two judging sections. Someone didn't read the complete post :P

foxbox
07-07-2012, 03:04 PM
Come on Stone Put me in I can't w8 ....

Neuron
07-07-2012, 03:04 PM
Neuron - Minecraft

Intermediate. I might change my game. But right now it's MINECRAFT :D

stone
07-07-2012, 03:06 PM
Relax unknown.. once you submit your name you are entered in the competition. Putting it up on the list is simply for others to see.
Also, its only been like 5 minutes since your post.

foxbox
07-07-2012, 03:07 PM
Unknown123456-Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm Intermedia

Sorry Stone I really really wanna join this competition I need money....

rainbow
07-07-2012, 03:11 PM
Dont' we all? Lol, sorry for going off topic. I just had to say that.

Stixz
07-07-2012, 03:11 PM
Put me in Intermediate

Gonna do Patapon

foxbox
07-07-2012, 03:12 PM
I'm going to start now

stone
07-07-2012, 03:14 PM
Seeing some of the comments being made, and how some users are entering into the competition makes me doubt that they are reading the entire post.
Please read the entire post before entering this competition.

You might be ruining your chances along with penalizing yourself if you don't complete your entry for this competition for future competitions.

-Haze-
07-07-2012, 03:22 PM
Im in and choosing Snydicate B)

oh and sign me up as pro i geuss

R.D
07-07-2012, 03:25 PM
I've downloaded the stickpage pack and I have no clue on how to put it in.
even in the FLA it came from it didn't work...
I'm unable to use the preloader because It plays the swf anyway even if I don't press the button...

Shadowkirby
07-07-2012, 03:26 PM
Intermediate

oxob3000
07-07-2012, 03:26 PM
Oxob3000 - Halo
Pro

Gotta pick it before someone else does!

DiPi
07-07-2012, 03:28 PM
Want to join

DiPi - Call of duty

Intermediate

R.D
07-07-2012, 03:29 PM
Is anyone else able to use the preloader?
No? me neither~
if you can then share your secret. because I can't copy and past the preloader, action script or not with it working

Xrebellion
07-07-2012, 03:32 PM
Ehh I'm pretty busy with my madness anim tho
But I'll try to make a part for this

Rebellion-Devil May Cry 4
Pro

Just check my Deviantart for my recents.
http://xrebellion.deviantart.com/gallery/
~Thank you

SmallBoy02
07-07-2012, 03:35 PM
SmallBoy02 - Devil May Cry 3: Dante's Awakening
Intermediate

stone
07-07-2012, 03:36 PM
added up to this point*

R.D
07-07-2012, 03:40 PM
Nevermind, I think i can't do it because 'Actions on button or MovieClip instances are not supported in ActionScript 3.0. All scripts on object instances will be ignored.'
so, no actionscript 3?
I just won't use cs5

People are posting real fast.
and most of them are in intermediate, hey stone. is there a certain level intermediates have to be at?

my sample work(s)?
http://www.fileize.com/view/ceea9c5a-1c4/
http://www.fileize.com/view/c985c6c4-619/
http://www.fileize.com/view/fffb8399-768/
http://www.fileize.com/view/33270d95-bbd/

Kingster7
07-07-2012, 03:42 PM
YES YES I've been waiting for another competition

Kingster7- Resident Evil 5

Intermediate

=Craftsman=
07-07-2012, 03:43 PM
Ooh, I call Mega Man 9 in intermediate! :D

Just a nooby question, but where can I download the preloader?

stone
07-07-2012, 03:44 PM
Ooh, I call Mega Man 9! :D

Just a nooby question, but where can I download the preloader?
Read the entire first post! I cant stress its importance enough!!

=Craftsman=
07-07-2012, 03:45 PM
Oi, sorry, stone.

Excitement just gets the better of us, doesn't it? :P

R.D
07-07-2012, 03:48 PM
http://www.fileize.com/view/c1d0b0fa-0e7/
For some reason, even when I change the actionscript to 1 & 2, it still comes out like the above ^

Stixz
07-07-2012, 03:50 PM
Stixz - Patpon

Intermediate

rainbow
07-07-2012, 03:53 PM
http://www.fileize.com/view/c1d0b0fa-0e7/
For some reason, even when I change the actionscript to 1 & 2, it still comes out like the above ^

Same here...

foxbox
07-07-2012, 03:54 PM
I Have One Question stone I'm a bit Confuse...Can I start now?

leo4life
07-07-2012, 03:56 PM
I would love to do final fantsy dissidia 012
heres a link to my skill level
http://www.fileize.com/view/22be0ec0-be6/
please and thankyou :)

stone
07-07-2012, 03:56 PM
Yes, you may start now.

Also guys, that preloader does work, you just dont have anything to load or to play after that. Its the very same file i've sent to over 30 + animators for front page animation sponsorships.

R.D
07-07-2012, 04:00 PM
Yes, you may start now.

Also guys, that preloader does work, you just dont have anything to load or to play after that. Its the very same file i've sent to over 30 + animators for front page animation sponsorships.

http://www.fileize.com/view/c88eeea5-dfb/
and when there are frames that don't have objects on them, then the prelaoder doesn't even load. it just repeats continuously.

stone
07-07-2012, 04:01 PM
Mind elaborating a bit here?

leo4life
07-07-2012, 04:02 PM
oh, sorry stone, i didnt read everything @,@ can you pu me up for pro aswell?

Xrebellion
07-07-2012, 04:04 PM
http://www.fileize.com/view/c88eeea5-dfb/
and when there are frames that don't have objects on them, then the prelaoder doesn't even load. it just repeats continuously.

I don't see anything wrong with it tho :3

leo4life
07-07-2012, 04:08 PM
Stone, is there a certain file size requirement? or can we make it as long as we want? because the last competition i entered, i had to put a "to be continued" at the end because the file size was going to exceed 2 mb

foxbox
07-07-2012, 04:08 PM
Can We use Any fps?

stone
07-07-2012, 04:18 PM
Any fps is fine.
There is no file size requirement or limit, but try and keep it below 10mb as a suggestion.

Shadowkirby
07-07-2012, 04:20 PM
Let me try this again:

Intermediate
http://www.fileize.com/view/c2cbea85-fba/
http://www.fileize.com/view/394b790e-d42/ (unfinished and postponed cuz MicVeir4 is being an inactive lazy ass X3)

leo4life
07-07-2012, 04:25 PM
Any fps is fine.
There is no file size requirement or limit, but try and keep it below 10mb as a suggestion.
hehe, no promises there buddy =P *unless it gets me disqualified ;-;*

godmouth
07-07-2012, 04:32 PM
Hmm well let's do this.

Godmouth - Resident Evil 1
Pro
http://godmouth.deviantart.com/#/d3ko0kt

A13x@nd3r
07-07-2012, 04:38 PM
I'll take part in this
Name- A13x@nd3r
Game- Assasin's Creed
level: intermediate
http://www.fileize.com/files/e4a7e58d/29d/Speedbattle1.swf
I know it's fast but I improved with my easing.

stone
07-07-2012, 04:44 PM
*added up to this point.

A13x@nd3r
07-07-2012, 04:52 PM
YEah And I improve quickly but I'll give this my best shot ever

HyMaster
07-07-2012, 05:14 PM
Another Competition!I'll join.
I have failed the Film Tribute before but I'll be doing this one now.

HyMaster - Final Fantasy VII
Intermediate.
http://www.fileize.com/view/85ee0d6a-cbf/

EDIT: Is there any estimated Due Date for this?

terkoiz
07-07-2012, 05:15 PM
Terkoiz - Final Fantasy
Pro would be neat
example: http://www.fileize.com/view/1f953235-7c7/

A13x@nd3r
07-07-2012, 05:19 PM
I hope you give it your all Terkoiz!!

trugamer1995
07-07-2012, 05:22 PM
can you do a joint entry

stone
07-07-2012, 05:24 PM
No joint entries, as this can leave sticky prize rewarding an potential an unfair advantage.
*added up to this point

=Craftsman=
07-07-2012, 05:26 PM
=Craftsman= - Mega Man
I don't think I'm really pro level. Intermediate it is.
demo (http://www.fileize.com/view/d099141a-37e/)

edit: *added up to this point. [stone]

A13x@nd3r
07-07-2012, 05:31 PM
Stone Can I use like the intro of like the game....But like this time It will be like the stickfigure with the clothing doing the action and stuff?

Syrius
07-07-2012, 05:34 PM
SyriusBlab, Super mario brothers (the first one, with the 2d platforming jumping on goombas stuff)
I wanna go in pro since you get so much more moneh, but when I see the people competing in the pro group.. I think I'll stay in intermediate ^-^'
http://www.fileize.com/view/e2179cf6-133/

SethX
07-07-2012, 05:36 PM
SethX - Gunz online.

intermediate.

http://www.fileize.com/view/01d7c9e1-8db/

stone
07-07-2012, 05:37 PM
SethX - Gunz online.

intermediate.

http://www.fileize.com/view/01d7c9e1-8db/

I would actually place you in pro.
*added.

Inks
07-07-2012, 05:39 PM
Inks
League of Legends
Intermediate

foxbox
07-07-2012, 05:41 PM
Hey Stone We animate it like a movie?

Syrius
07-07-2012, 05:41 PM
Lol sethx trying in intermediate.
And you forgot to put the 'b' at the last of my name on front page :U

Equinox Fox
07-07-2012, 05:42 PM
Bond84 - Sonic Adventure Battle 2
Inter
-Shown already-

DaiKairye
07-07-2012, 05:49 PM
Daikairye - Dead Space 2
Intermediate
http://www.fileize.com/view/8b7f1074-4c8/

this is gonna be pretty sweet!

Neuron
07-07-2012, 05:55 PM
Neuron - I was going to do GunZ online but Seth took it. If he gets moved up to Pro then I want to do GunZ. If not, I choose Dragon Ball Z.

Intermediate, I'll put a piece of work later, I don't have one now that is my rate of skill

stone
07-07-2012, 06:01 PM
Keep in mind guys, not only will we be judging your animation but also how well you kept everyone updated with the details and progression of your animation. Due to the length requirement of these animations we want to ensure progress is being made on these entries. That way everyone can see its active as well as see who isnt!
This will also allow us to free up chosen games. Simply screen shots and ideas will suffice.

A13x@nd3r
07-07-2012, 06:04 PM
Can I use an intro from the game but have it like done in flash with stickfigures?

Balance897
07-07-2012, 06:07 PM
When will the due date be? or atleast a near date of it? I need some time. I'm at vacation and going home next month. will I be able to join or something? :o

Edit: Ok never mind stone. I didn't read the whole post. It was my fault :P
Will be finding games. will edit this post for a game but if xDonnyx quits for Minecraft, put me on for Minecraft. :)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Name: Balance897 - Game: Pending...
Level: Intermediate :p

acb
07-07-2012, 06:11 PM
ACBeam - Bioshock
Intermediate
http://www.fileize.com/view/6bb4d073-edf/

kemical
07-07-2012, 06:11 PM
kemical- Little fighters 2 (I had wanted to do naruto ultimate ninja storm)
pro
http://www.fileize.com/view/c8fdbc37-7bc/ (http://www.fileize.com/view/c8fdbc37-7bc/)

Munchkin
07-07-2012, 06:23 PM
AllergyPistol - Bayonetta
Intermediate
http://www.fileize.com/view/db8872e6-dac/

CaM
07-07-2012, 07:04 PM
CaM - LittleBigPlanet2
Pro (put me in inter if I'm not up to standard).
http://camshep.deviantart.com/art/Amaterasu-Tryout-289897132 (an unfinished goodie).

Question, if we're dissatisfied with the game we chose and the animation is not working out, can we switch games to something else (that hasn't been picked yet, of course)?

leo4life
07-07-2012, 07:32 PM
pro
http://www.fileize.com/view/c8fdbc37-7bc/ (http://www.fileize.com/view/c8fdbc37-7bc/)

since you are requesting this for pro, and not intermidete, you are allowed to do naruto

AngelXMikey
07-07-2012, 07:44 PM
Im totally in :D
AngelXMikey-Legend of Dragoon
pro
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/595670

Yun
07-07-2012, 08:44 PM
I'll join.

Name : Yun
Game to Animate : Battlefield 3
Rank : I'll stay in intermediate since Terkoiz, PL, and Haze are in it. @_@

B210
07-07-2012, 08:53 PM
Game: World of Warcraft is what ill be doing c:
Name:Beast210

dabigE13
07-07-2012, 08:58 PM
dabigE13- Resistance series

http://www.fileize.com/view/45c86b88-edf/
this is one of my latest animations! so for whatever category you think i should be in!

more cash prizes?? shoot, stone you rich or something? lol

Blizz
07-07-2012, 09:14 PM
Blizz- Sign me up for The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword, papa Stone!
Pro
I'll link a few things.
http://www.fileize.com/view/54c692b1-fb2/
http://www.fileize.com/view/659f300c-d0d/
http://www.blizzfa.deviantart.com/

I'm psyched for this competition :D

foxbox
07-07-2012, 09:15 PM
pro

Sorry but I'm the 1st one :P

Strike
07-07-2012, 09:18 PM
Strike - One Piece: Kaizoku Musou or in english - One Piece: Pirate Warriors
Intermediate
Two of my latest animations:
http://fastrike1995.deviantart.com/art/Strike-vs-Flaed-First-RHG-battle-with-Strike-V1-311712943?q=gallery%3Afastrike1995&qo=0
http://fastrike1995.deviantart.com/art/BSE-V4-Round-1-by-Strike-309277286?q=gallery%3Afastrike1995&qo=3

Stixz
07-07-2012, 09:27 PM
Could you change the game that you chose cause i'm switching to monsterhunter. Edit: i mean marvel vs capcom

McRhook
07-07-2012, 09:29 PM
McRhook: Patapon
intermediate
http://mcrhook.deviantart.com/#/d550knq
Big thanks to Stixz!

jdogg
07-07-2012, 09:32 PM
I would like to make a tribute to Left 4 Dead. I assume I am intermediate. Here's a recent example of my work. (http://www.fileize.com/view/6bfd2fa7-04e/)

foxbox
07-07-2012, 09:49 PM
Stone,If I will make my animation to 2d is it still cool?...Or angles is more Cooler?

Fordz
07-07-2012, 10:01 PM
Fordz - Quake III Arena
Intermediate
Best Animations:
http://ninjafordz.deviantart.com/art/BSE-Version-4-Round-2-312508150
http://ninjafordz.deviantart.com/art/Zetabrand-Tribute-Collab-Entry-304238133

Smileyyy
07-07-2012, 10:19 PM
Name : Smileyyy
Game : GTA San Andreas
Class : Intermediate
Example for animation : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6wzd5k8nag&feature=plcp (i failed at the convertation, and the end is rushed because it was for a school project, but it's still mine :) )

foxbox
07-07-2012, 10:20 PM
Actually It's Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm "2"....I forgot to tell u the no. 2....sorry.........
Stone,If I Animate my animation 2d mode do I have chance to Win?

coolisushi
07-07-2012, 10:58 PM
I'm also joining this, I'll get started right away!

Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Ninja Storm Generations

Here is some of my animations:
http://www.fileize.com/view/f74fe5c4-d54/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4CQfVAAKWc&feature=g-upl

I'm going for Pro :D

Radium
07-07-2012, 11:03 PM
Can i do Super Mario World for Intermediate? Or has it been taken by Syrius?

Radium
Super Mario World : Super Mario Advance 2
http://i-radium.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d54eak8

Rythm
07-07-2012, 11:06 PM
Rythm - Kingdom Hearts
intermediate
http://www.fluidanims.com/portal2/view/4226/

Syrius
07-07-2012, 11:09 PM
well which game? There's alot of mario games, I picked the first one. Super mario brothers. And yah, I did it for intermediate.

Radium
07-07-2012, 11:10 PM
Super Mario Advanced...

stickflashanimator
07-08-2012, 12:21 AM
Im in.

Obase - LA NOIRE
Intermediate
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1uxNy2n7mNU&feature=plcp

WarCorrespondent
07-08-2012, 01:08 AM
*added up to this point.
I expect to see great things from all you bad boys (and girls, I can't tell. Hard to see through all this internet).

As an FYI, everyone was asked to read the entire post before applying. I don't think some of the applicants have done this (or at least, read it and was paying close attention), so I'm I'm going to take this upon myself and go a small step further.

The following people were not added due to not having a sample animation:
unknown 123456
Inks
Bond84 (if you have shown your sample like you say, stone will add you fully. I can't speak for him otherwise. I've sent him a reminder PM, so don't stress if you've done the right thing.)
Neuron
Yun
Beast210
Please reapply with a sample. I can't add you with your selection with a later submission of your sample because that would mean you've essentially put a "rain-check" on your application, which is kinda unfair on the others.

This is NOT a naming and shaming guys, I know some of the people I just mentioned are decent animators. But yeah, I know sometimes our animating juices kick in and we get a little excited when we read the instructions, so I'm just letting you know.

ALSO: Radium, I've just noted you down with "Super Mario World" because the SMW Advanced is just the GBA port. Rest assured, no one is gonna undercut your game.

Stixz
07-08-2012, 01:54 AM
my sample animation http://www.fileize.com/view/7ecb3611-674/ and please change my game to marvel vs capcom

stickflashanimator
07-08-2012, 01:54 AM
I so hope i can make my animation more than 2 minutes
>.< Itll be my first above that time limit, and also, if you do so update the prizes, can there be 2 places with a tablet submission... :) gonna give this me all

Philito
07-08-2012, 02:42 AM
Philito
-MECHWARRIOR- (oh man)

I'm not sure which category to put me in so here are some anims.
http://www.fileize.com/view/34d96494-a1f/ www.truploader.com/view/115242 http://www.fileize.com/view/a0d6e832-138/

already doing some studies of the character, trying to make it more simple and easy to animate
http://www.fileize.com/files/58ae7aa2/b2c/MECH.jpg

Zed
07-08-2012, 02:43 AM
I remember that game! Is that a MadCat Mark I?

my sample animation http://www.fileize.com/view/7ecb3611-674/ and please change my game to marvel vs capcom

Done.

I'll throw an *added up to this point* in although I didn't do much.

stickflashanimator
07-08-2012, 03:09 AM
Philito go to pro bro.... Your good as fuck... Your as good as terk

Armorstick
07-08-2012, 03:30 AM
FINALLY I DECIDED!
Armorstick- Super Meat Boy (On Xbox Live Arcade)
(NOT SURE ABOUT THE CATEGORY: Pro or inter? http://www.stickpage.com/themission.shtml)

GuzFA
07-08-2012, 03:53 AM
I ARE IN.

Put me in as Pro Competitor (wait oh , jk)

Game - Infamous2
Thank you~

supranova
07-08-2012, 03:57 AM
I cant ignore this one.

Max Payne if it hasn't been taken, if it has put me down for Rockstars' The Warriors.

Pop me in pro.

silver101
07-08-2012, 04:10 AM
i really want to join this but i cant because i don't know how to make a game
but good luck to all of you guys

i cant wait to play your games

Resh
07-08-2012, 04:13 AM
Resh - Halo
intermediate
http://megaswf.com/s/2442431

Kazumi
07-08-2012, 04:21 AM
Royce-Grandchase
Intermediate
example of my level: http://www.fileize.com/view/80659c4f-049/

sclero
07-08-2012, 04:24 AM
i really want to join this but i cant because i don't know how to make a game
but good luck to all of you guys

i cant wait to play your games

uh.. we are not supposed to make games, we are supposed to make animations whose story is based on the game..

Ciao
07-08-2012, 04:29 AM
Put me down for Earthbound, I'm not sure what category as of yet.

Sweeto
07-08-2012, 04:33 AM
I may join for Rayman 3:Hoodlums Havoc.

I don't know if I'm an intermediate or a pro.

If you wanna see my level visit my Deviantart in my sig.

Tsang
07-08-2012, 04:37 AM
Hey. I'll try. Why not?

Entry: Mirrors Edge

Thanks. http://www.fileize.com/view/627bff99-b82/

I'll be sure to fix the "Visit Stickpage" part if I am wanted to. Good luck all!

http://www.fileize.com/view/60012eea-717/

http://tsang-murp.deviantart.com/#/d489rhu

S-Critical
07-08-2012, 04:41 AM
Resh - Halo
intermediate

I think you belong in pro, you are very awsome

Kazumi
07-08-2012, 04:43 AM

why are u so mean? Im gonna miss your humor T.T

silver101
07-08-2012, 04:47 AM
uh.. we are not supposed to make games, we are supposed to make animations whose story is based on the game..

lol makes me want to join

ZABI
07-08-2012, 05:01 AM
DBZ Raging Blast
Intermediate
KidZane
Sample Anim:http://www.fileize.com/view/efa9bd91-978/

Put me down as a maybe

Petski
07-08-2012, 05:09 AM
Petski - Portal

http://petskii.deviantart.com/

Intermediate

dresnet
07-08-2012, 05:17 AM
Ill try and make something,

dresnet - Max Payne 3

http://dresnet.deviantart.com/

07-08-2012, 05:42 AM

Intermediate

SAmple anim:http://www.fileize.com/view/2f312e79-c36/ [40 fps]

leo4life
07-08-2012, 05:48 AM
Resh - Halo
intermediate

holyyy!!!! ***** were have you been all my life ;-;?
you should be in pro, but your choice man =)

Radium
07-08-2012, 06:37 AM
Yes, you may start now.

Sorry, but at the end of the preloader timeline, the code is : _root.play();
So it plays the root, and we never get a chance to click the button.
Shouldn't the code be: Stop(); ? To stop the preloader timeline and allow the user to click the play button?
Again, very sorry.. i may be wrong.

Lagant
07-08-2012, 06:59 AM
Name: Lagant
Game: infamous2
Intermediate(although the others are better than me but idc. i'm in it 4 the experience)
http://www.fileize.com/view/2af433bb-438/

Balance897
07-08-2012, 07:06 AM
I did the same. but im not sure if its right xp

oxob3000
07-08-2012, 07:09 AM
Are several people allowed to pick the same game? Becaus Resh picked Halo after I did o:

Resh
07-08-2012, 07:11 AM
Are several people allowed to pick the same game? Becaus Resh picked Halo after I did o:
I'm in intermediate so i think i can

B210
07-08-2012, 07:11 AM
Heres that sample animation: http://www.fileize.com/view/20db90c2-dda/
Its unfinished but its the most recent one ive done :P Mind adding me up there again?
Name- Beast210
Game- World of Warcraft
Rank- Intermediate

Novatris
07-08-2012, 07:34 AM
Novatris - Super Smash Bros. Brawl.
Pro
http://www.fileize.com/view/767a1dee-1b1/

i won't be able to animate for 3 weeks. after that i will get to work!

Frank'd
07-08-2012, 07:41 AM
Frank - Twisted Metal (Pro?)
Sample: http://frankanims.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d3l6f4f

Meteor
07-08-2012, 07:45 AM
pro
example: http://www.stickpage.com/glory.shtml

Loved the idea of the updates.

ActiveFrame
07-08-2012, 07:46 AM
applying for intermediate
Assassin's Creed Revelations
sample anim : http://www.fileize.com/view/876884a3-76a/

Corn
07-08-2012, 07:54 AM
Corn - Portal 2
pro? idk judge for yourself lol

Effects sample: http://www.fileize.com/view/bbd1342e-095/
animation sample: http://www.fileize.com/view/53a82d1d-4a3/ , http://www.fileize.com/view/bd2c1ff2-ba3/ , http://www.fileize.com/view/b483931b-f84/ , http://www.fileize.com/view/bbf67e69-b7b/

yep :D

PS: I hope I can finish this because I have school and this is my final year so yeah...

Resh
07-08-2012, 08:13 AM
uhh... hey guys, how am I supposed to put the Stickpage link in the top right corner if I'm using vcam? then the link might move outside of the vcam and no one will see it.

Balance897
07-08-2012, 08:15 AM
put it in your vcam?

ZABI
07-08-2012, 08:40 AM
Da preloader is messed up....

Resh
07-08-2012, 08:40 AM
put it in your vcam?

I tried that but then the link wouldn't show in the actuall animation

Balance897
07-08-2012, 08:55 AM
I tried that but then the link wouldn't show in the actuall animation
can I see your V-Cam? and the SPLogo you are using? Fileized please? xD

Not double posting so editing this one:
I can't really animate on my laptop I brung on vacation. I won't be animating untill next month or I can buy the bamboo tablet from here or just wait one painfull month until I go home to my sweet little wacom intuos 4 =o

oxob3000
07-08-2012, 08:59 AM
http://www.fileize.com/files/eac09024/386/untitled.png
Lolz This is gonna be fun to work with.

ZABI
07-08-2012, 09:00 AM
HelloOOO i said the preloader is messed up

Balance897
07-08-2012, 09:03 AM
Just edit it. If you feel like it. put stop instead of that code in the last frame. code: stop();

stone
07-08-2012, 09:11 AM

Hello, if you need help try hot being rude for one thing. Two, this discussionhas already been had. The preloader works 100% fine and theexact file hasbeen used by over 30+ animations so far.

If you are exporting it in flash it wontshow because there is nothing to load, the file isnt online. You also might have created a flash AS3 file instead of AS2.

As for the future when you need help. Be descriptive about your issue. Just saying its 'messed up'can quite literally mean anything and gives the person who can help you absolutely no insight as t how to assist you.

caliph777
07-08-2012, 09:16 AM
http://www.fileize.com/files/eac09024/386/untitled.png
Lolz This is gonna be fun to work with.
i wanna make Halo but oxob did it >.> btw nice oxob i like it

flamedude
07-08-2012, 09:18 AM
disregard this

Philito
07-08-2012, 09:45 AM
I remember that game! Is that a MadCat Mark I?

yep the best of all and the only one I remember :b

coolisushi
07-08-2012, 09:48 AM
I changed my mind, I wanna do Assassins Creed 3...I have better ideas for it :D

btw that looks awesome oxob3000, I can't wait to see the whole thing!

poppetje3D
07-08-2012, 10:05 AM
I want to enter this.

I want pro, but you tell me.
http://www.fileize.com/view/b4f19b7f-968/

wave
07-08-2012, 10:34 AM
http://www.fileize.com/view/9c000dad-37f/
intermediate please . . . :3
PS : Please put me into the intermediate because I do animation on the mouse then it would be very difficult to compete with the pros

Armorstick
07-08-2012, 10:35 AM
AW DAMN. I ll CHANGE MY GAME! Super meat boy is too hard :/.
Armorstick-DARK SOULS
(not sure if Pro or Inter http://www.stickpage.com/themission.shtml )

Marshmallow_dude
07-08-2012, 10:41 AM
Might as well try
Intermediate

Neuron
07-08-2012, 10:57 AM
I have a sample to give now, but I can't since I am grounded from my laptop until further notice e.e. So..er...yh :/ I may be able to put one down, but I just hope nobody takes my games ;n;

Harleyg
07-08-2012, 11:00 AM
Harleyg- Terraria - intermediate - (unfisnished bse) - http://www.fileize.com/view/ad3607d0-727/

SCOUNDREL
07-08-2012, 11:06 AM
7Cashmoney7
Gaia Online's Zomg
Intermediate
http://www.fileize.com/view/23138d7a-c1a/ (unfinished RHG)

R.D
07-08-2012, 11:14 AM
Hey stone, mind if I switch from Asura's wrath to Pitfall(for the atari 2600) as my game? I just noticed I have no ideas for asura's wrath...

and also, when making the game tribute, do we have to out stuff in from the actualy game? or can he edit things to make it more interesting
(I wasn't able to clear it up reading the front page)

Equinox Fox
07-08-2012, 11:37 AM
http://www.fileize.com/files/e39b96e6/1d8/Sanic.png

I think...this is going to be fun...~

TalElm
07-08-2012, 11:38 AM
TalElm - Battle Field 3

Intermediate

Animations:
http://talelm.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d4q13xs
http://talelm.deviantart.com/art/Animation-Practice-305076470?q=gallery%3Atalelm&qo=3

jdogg
07-08-2012, 11:38 AM
Hey stone, mind if I switch from Asura's wrath to Pitfall(for the atari 2600) as my game? I just noticed I have no ideas for asura's wrath...

and also, when making the game tribute, do we have to out stuff in from the actualy game? or can he edit things to make it more interesting
(I wasn't able to clear it up reading the front page)

IMO a tribute doesn't have to be the exact same thing. As long as you can tell what it is a tribute to I think you should be good.

I'm in intermediate so i think i can

You can have the same game if you're in different levels of competition, so you guys are fine.

ZABI
07-08-2012, 11:50 AM
Hello, if you need help try hot being rude for one thing. Two, this discussionhas already been had. The preloader works 100% fine and theexact file hasbeen used by over 30+ animations so far.

If you are exporting it in flash it wontshow because there is nothing to load, the file isnt online. You also might have created a flash AS3 file instead of AS2.

As for the future when you need help. Be descriptive about your issue. Just saying its 'messed up'can quite literally mean anything and gives the person who can help you absolutely no insight as t how to assist you.

sorry stone..........The problem is that once its finished loading it just skips on to the animation without lettin me hit play

flamedude
07-08-2012, 12:03 PM
Same as KidZane.

Strike
07-08-2012, 12:26 PM
Hey you people making fullbodies. "Ever wondered what it would be like to take your favorite game and give it the ultimate remake with stick figures? "
Aren't we supposed to use stick figures?

Resh
07-08-2012, 12:34 PM
can I see your V-Cam? and the SPLogo you are using? Fileized please? xD

Not double posting so editing this one:
I can't really animate on my laptop I brung on vacation. I won't be animating untill next month or I can buy the bamboo tablet from here or just wait one painfull month until I go home to my sweet little wacom intuos 4 =o
Never mind i got it now

Balance897
07-08-2012, 12:40 PM
Never mind i got it now

:)

Draves
07-08-2012, 12:58 PM
kay after long thinking I think I'm gonna enter lol

Intermediate : http://draxces.deviantart.com/#/d56jvo5

plushdino
07-08-2012, 01:31 PM
Looks nice I might make one if I can think of one.

CaM
07-08-2012, 01:41 PM
http://imageflock.com/img/1341784586.png

I honestly have to say I'm incredibly hyped up for this. Woooooooooo

Drone
07-08-2012, 01:43 PM
http://imageflock.com/img/1341784586.png

I honestly have to say I'm incredibly hyped up for this. Woooooooooo
you needta post an animation CaM :O
and finish this one >:L

CaM
07-08-2012, 01:49 PM
you needta post an animation CaM :O
and finish this one >:L
Do you mean an example animation? I already did, I'm in the pro bracket by some miracle.

And I'll finish this haha

leo4life
07-08-2012, 02:03 PM
Do you mean an example animation? I already did, I'm in the pro bracket by some miracle.

And I'll finish this haha

i dont think you got to be a pro to get in the pro bracket, seeing how some pro's are joining intermediate, i guess it works vice versa (not referring to you in anyway :P)

on a side note, im happy i get to animate something ive accually played!
2008, i never saw, nor played the game hitman. @,@ i didnt think it would be accepted =P (cause all the games i wanted had already been taken by people who didnt even animate them)

jdogg
07-08-2012, 02:06 PM
Based on what everyone has posted so far, I'm screwed lol.
CaM I love that game and your art is sick!

Ebsketch
07-08-2012, 02:20 PM
ebsketch - I'm going to be the nerd who does world of warcraft
intermediate
http://ebsketch.deviantart.com/gallery/37980024#/d54qjxh

flashfree-k
07-08-2012, 02:26 PM
flashfree-k

McRhook
07-08-2012, 03:01 PM
This is gonna be fun :)
Just some character ideas/modeling
The 3rd installment of this game is all about the crazy, massive weapons so this is gonna be a challenge

http://www.fileize.com/files/99fca8cd/f80/yaripon.png

Balance897
07-08-2012, 03:30 PM
Imma skip this competition, sadly D: I have no time and I don't have my tablet with me. I might change my mind, but that will be a very slim chance =o

A13x@nd3r
07-08-2012, 03:35 PM
OKayy I have already constructed the main character : http://www.fileize.com/files/94b0633d/663/Assasin039s_Creed_prints.swf

Pepper
07-08-2012, 03:39 PM
Pro (I hope?)
http://www.fluidanims.com/portal2/view/4217/

Yun
07-08-2012, 04:19 PM
Seems I have to show a sample...

Yun - Battlefield 3

Intermediate, though. I don't want to be in pro right now.

http://www.fileize.com/view/f3b19176-272/

jdogg
07-08-2012, 05:58 PM
I'm surprised no one has chose Borderlands. It seems really fun to animtae. It was my second choice.

Pro (I hope?)
http://www.fluidanims.com/portal2/view/4217/

You better be pro, I would hate it if you were in my category. xD

Philito
07-08-2012, 05:59 PM
the 2nd one is not an actual animation frame, just staging and testing
http://www.fileize.com/files/1aeb1b65/80f/MechImage.png http://www.fileize.com/files/3cd2889d/c19/Captura2.png

Yun
07-08-2012, 06:22 PM
Mother of God the concept is quite fascinating. o.o

I'm hopefully going to get started on this after a finisher for a collab.

I'm also going to skip some BSE rounds to do this.

Obsidium
07-08-2012, 06:29 PM
Seems I have to show a sample...

Yun - Battlefield 3

Intermediate, though. I don't want to be in pro right now.

http://www.fileize.com/view/f3b19176-272/
honestly, i'm scared shitless of you now :|.

SethX
07-08-2012, 06:30 PM
Do we post our screenshots here...?

also im grounded so all my animating has been done IN SECRET.
Screen Capture:
http://www.fileize.com/files/12ea65b0/d22/ss1.png

DanmarK
07-08-2012, 06:32 PM
let the games begin. .
DanmarK - Guitar Hero
pro
http://www.fileize.com/view/09e8fa85-113/

jdogg
07-08-2012, 06:36 PM
Looks nice. I feel like I'm the only one who sucks at drawing :/

kyr1n
07-08-2012, 06:45 PM
Intermediate

examples:
http://kyrin21.deviantart.com/art/Speedmation-3-217559322?q=gallery%3Akyrin21%2F31480461&qo=2
http://kyrin21.deviantart.com/art/Speedmation-4-217559557?q=gallery%3Akyrin21%2F31480461&qo=1
http://kyrin21.deviantart.com/art/FBC-parts-220727858?q=gallery%3Akyrin21%2F31480461&qo=0

Sry don't have anything of decent length

Tocksique
07-08-2012, 06:50 PM
Tocksique- Splinter Cell Conviction

Applying for Pro

Animations
http://www.fileize.com/view/f68b6139-d49/
http://www.fileize.com/view/bcbfd2fc-e21/
http://www.fileize.com/view/5975a582-3a6/
http://www.fileize.com/view/84df1f7b-9ea/
http://www.fileize.com/view/d0444631-33b/
http://www.fileize.com/view/7e6d2060-c10/
http://www.fileize.com/view/03a9d11b-f72/
http://www.fileize.com/view/303a17f7-712/
http://www.fileize.com/view/9e031614-9a5/

B210
07-08-2012, 06:53 PM
ebsketch - I'm going to be the nerd who does world of warcraft
intermediate
http://ebsketch.deviantart.com/gallery/37980024#/d54qjxh
Sorry bro im doing WoW :P

R.D
07-08-2012, 07:02 PM
Seth, where's your entry post? I can't find it o_o
and Kyrin Ciao! GO TO PRO! you guys are way too good for intermediate.

Marshmallow_dude
07-08-2012, 07:24 PM
Making progress on my character and stuff, and i have the skeleton of my intro done http://www.fileize.com/view/e3435c6a-74f/
The intro must be a secret

DaiKairye
07-08-2012, 08:24 PM
everyone seems pumped for this, i know i am

http://www.fileize.com/files/06d76880/33a/dead_space_character_preview.png

ActiveFrame
07-08-2012, 08:34 PM
not to be rude or anything but did the front page upload cause im scared that I worked hard today and my name isnt there

RioDeRi
07-08-2012, 08:44 PM
RioDeRi - Age Of Mythology
Intermediate
http://www.fileize.com/view/0f2c6775-431/

Strike
07-08-2012, 09:11 PM
I'm very scared of pros that joined Intermediate section. Seems like we "animators with potential" won't get a chance to win after all.

Equinox Fox
07-08-2012, 09:13 PM
I'm very scared of pros that joined Intermediate section. Seems like we "animators with potential" won't get a chance to win after all.

Who exactly would those people be?

stone
07-08-2012, 09:14 PM
I don't have the time or ability to update the current competitors at this time but i do have great news.

If we get at least 10 finished submissions in each category then the prizes WILL BE DOUBLED as well as adding a fourth and fifth place.

terkoiz
07-08-2012, 09:20 PM
um..
http://www.fileize.com/view/a9ee0f87-7f8/
I wanted to join the party.

DanmarK
07-08-2012, 09:26 PM
um..
http://www.fileize.com/view/a9ee0f87-7f8/
I wanted to join the party.

woooa . . . cant wait to watch the whole thing man. .

-Blue
07-08-2012, 09:27 PM
Mortal Kombat 9 for Inter please :]

lilg742ster
07-08-2012, 09:27 PM
Intermediate
1. (old Spider-Man Test) http://www.fileize.com/view/4ff3a2d3-083/
2. (Un-Finished BSE#2) http://www.fileize.com/view/fdd788e0-867/

Travis
07-08-2012, 09:29 PM
Travis- BattleField 3
Intermediate/Pro?

http://www.fileize.com/view/54752d8b-055/
http://www.fileize.com/view/259f2362-997/
(back in march)

i don't know if i have any later than that.

lilg742ster
07-08-2012, 09:31 PM
Travis- BattleField 3
Intermediate/Pro?

http://www.fileize.com/view/54752d8b-055/
http://www.fileize.com/view/259f2362-997/
(back in march)

i don't know if i have any later than that.u should go with pro

stone
07-08-2012, 09:33 PM
I should also point out guys, it does take some time to keep the front page updated with accurate entrant info. So if you don't see your name up on the list right away, don't freak out. The front page list is just a representation for all to see who is entering and with what. It does not decide whether or not you are in the competition. If you make an animation under the correct guidelines stated above, you are in the competition. The list essentially is nothing more than a tool for all to see who is doing what. We will do our best to keep it updated.

I have to head out now, but I will be updating it tomorrow morning.

siberboy
07-08-2012, 10:00 PM
we just want to animate the game or do we have to make it as a "game" using AS?

Mikematic
07-08-2012, 10:17 PM
Well I just want to put it out here before anyone take its

Mikematic
Sonic Generations
http://www.fileize.com/view/534cef32-88e/
Oh yeah I forgot
Intermediate

I will post a preview for my entry later, but I am gonna need some voice actors, if your interested please let me know.
All I can do is Tails, and I can't even do that too well ;n;

flamedude
07-08-2012, 10:19 PM
animate a tribute of the game.

AGSys
07-08-2012, 10:35 PM
AG Systems - InFamous
Pro (I want to try to see how far I can really go, my head's bubbling with ideas!)
Example anim, made it in about 30 mins: http://www.fileize.com/view/f1e33cbf-b4b/

ArchZachry
07-08-2012, 11:54 PM
Intermediate

Syrius
07-08-2012, 11:56 PM
Can I use a different Stickpage preloader? This one really doesn't work, my file is As2, I tried muddling the script around, even uploading it on fileize to see if it works.
I have a different one that works, if its ok could I use that? (this one: http://www.fileize.com/view/60d55db6-b76/)

lilg742ster
07-09-2012, 12:28 AM
Here's a quick pic:
http://www.fileize.com/files/5f77afe6/765/The_Amazing_Spider-Man_Pic1.png

Kazumi
07-09-2012, 12:36 AM
Royce-Grandchase
Intermediate
example of my level: http://www.fileize.com/view/80659c4f-049/

i still dont see my name in the list. stone, plz T.T

lilg742ster
07-09-2012, 12:44 AM
i still dont see my name in the list. stone, plz T.THe said all names won't be up there, but u will participate

Cozen
07-09-2012, 01:30 AM
Cozen - Kingdom Hearts 2 (omg i love this game!)
Pro
http://www.fileize.com/view/4fe8bf37-a7d/ (unfinished) :(
http://www.fileize.com/view/15af8b11-d36/ (unfinished...again) :'l

Let's do this!

lilg742ster
07-09-2012, 01:36 AM
Cozen - Kingdom Hearts 2 (omg i love this game!)
Pro
http://www.fileize.com/view/4fe8bf37-a7d/ (unfinished) :(
http://www.fileize.com/view/15af8b11-d36/ (unfinished...again) :'l

Let's do this!FUCKING AWESOME ANIMATiON!!

Foscex
07-09-2012, 01:49 AM
well, i guess i can atleast try to make something!

name: Foscex
game: team fortress 2
animation: http://foscex.deviantart.com/#/d561xub
i think i am intermediate :)

Yun
07-09-2012, 01:56 AM
Sorry Travis bro, but I'm using Battlefield 3. :c

Syrius
07-09-2012, 02:06 AM
When the animation has to be over 120 seconds, does this include the intro and credits?

Stixz
07-09-2012, 02:22 AM
Can you add other characters in the game?

Xrebellion
07-09-2012, 02:43 AM
Hey stone can I move down to intermediate?
After much thinking of my schedule.I don't really think that I can make a long entry.

Travis
07-09-2012, 03:00 AM
Sorry Travis bro, but I'm using Battlefield 3. :c
wow,... what a let down. alright then.

what are the chances of you actually finishing the animation?
(BF3 is the only game i play,... the only game i know)

Lalli
07-09-2012, 03:02 AM
Animan - Team Fortress 2
Intermediate
This is my most recent animation (http://www.fileize.com/view/72df08b1-33d/)
^It's Silac *bleeb*ing 10 foot blade, couldn't find anything better

stone
07-09-2012, 04:26 AM
Hey stone can I move down to intermediate?
After much thinking of my schedule.I don't really think that I can make a long entry.

You have to have at least 120 seconds in your animation regardless of category. To answer another question, it must be of actual animation. Not including credits.

ZABI
07-09-2012, 04:38 AM
DBZ Raging Blast
Intermediate
KidZane
Sample Anim:http://www.fileize.com/view/efa9bd91-978/

Put me down as a maybe

stone
07-09-2012, 04:50 AM
Can I use a different Stickpage preloader? This one really doesn't work, my file is As2, I tried muddling the script around, even uploading it on fileize to see if it works.
I have a different one that works, if its ok could I use that? (this one: http://www.fileize.com/view/60d55db6-b76/)
That works just fine :)

Animan - Team Fortress 2
Intermediate
This is my most recent animation (http://www.fileize.com/view/72df08b1-33d/)
^It's Silac *bleeb*ing 10 foot blade, couldn't find anything better

TF 2 is already taken.

----
*added up to this point
----

Supranova - Max Payne
Resh - Needs to change selection. moved to pro- halo is taken.
Novatris - Super Smash Bros. Brawl.
Frank - Twisted Metal
Corn - Portal 2
//coolisushi- Assassins Creed 3
DanmarK - Guitar Hero
Travis- BattleField 3
Cozen - Kingdom Hearts 2

//R.D - Pitfall(for the atari 2600)
Obase - LA NOIRE
Armorstick-DARK SOULS
Game - Infamous2
Royce-Grandchase
Sweeto - Rayman 3:Hoodlums Havoc
Tsang_fold - Mirrors Edge
Kidzane - DBZ Raging Blast
Petski - Portal
dresnet - Max Payne 3
Lagant - Infamous 2
Beast210 - World of Warcraft
Harleyg- Terraria
7Cashmoney7 - Gaia Online
TalElm - Battle Field 3
ebsketch - needs new selection
Yun - Battlefield 3
Tocksique- Splinter Cell
RioDeRi - Age Of Mythology/
-Blue- - Mortal Kombat 9
Mikematic - Sonic Generations
AG Systems - InFamous/Might move to pro, but needs more work shown.
Foscex - team fortress 2

Locate your name amongst the list of users. If you are listed, ensure that you don't have any instructions to change your game or that you have been moved from your category to another.

'//' refers to a change I will be making to your entry on the front page.

NOTE:
You should be posting your screen shots here as others have been doing AS WELL AS creating a thread in 'Community Projects' that outlines your project and gives us an accurate timeline of your project as you move along.

Strike
07-09-2012, 05:03 AM
A quick sketch of basic look that my characters will have: http://www.fileize.com/files/a3566da0/01f/Strawhats.png

Syrius
07-09-2012, 05:05 AM
Lol ok
http://www.fileize.com/files/1556a774/44b/bandicam_2012-07-09_23-22-33-082.jpg
All goombas, turtles and whatnot will be in the form of sticks :P
EDIT: It took me forever to find the sprites over google images and placing them EXACTLY where they should be by following a youtube vid gameplay

ZABI
07-09-2012, 05:26 AM
ok does anyone have a working sp preloader and vcam??

stone
07-09-2012, 05:48 AM
ok does anyone have a working sp preloader and vcam??

The preloader does in fact work. All you should be seeing is it skipping the clickable 'play' button and going straight to the animation after loading. If you'd like to have it stop on the play button, simply go to the last frame of the play button animation inside that preloader movieclip and place;

stop();

On the last frame.

Munchkin
07-09-2012, 05:55 AM
We told you how to fix it already. Just go into the preloader, go to the last frame, change the '_root.play();' to 'stop();'

Anyways, here is a picture of what I got done so far, it will look better since I kind of rushed and I will go back and add a few effects. http://imageflock.com/img/1341843319.png

danick
07-09-2012, 06:09 AM
danick - tetris 64
intermediate
http://www.fileize.com/view/19516e25-21b/ (you don't need much judging I'm inter because there is no beginner)
*added.

stone
07-09-2012, 06:27 AM
Updated front page with the below information in the 'NOTES:' section.

- Be sure to also create your thread in the Community Projects. You know in movies how they have 'extras' on the DVD / Blur ray menu that show the process of how the movie was created? Essentially the thread you create will be just that. Author sketches, outlines and snippets of you working on it throughout the projects evolution. This would be absolute prime content to link on your main menu of your animation or have linked in your credits. A portion of the judging will also be based on your record of the progress of your animation project. Neat right?

I also updated the front page with a common questions / issues section. To help those who may have a question, it might have already been answered.

Lalli
07-09-2012, 06:34 AM
TF 2 is already taken.

Damnit, didn't notice. Already made the menu, took mee 3 hours. Well, maybe I'll try to make Foscex give up on TF2
or change my game. I'll get to it later..

stone
07-09-2012, 06:38 AM
You can still probably save the menu? Just change the title to your new game and adjust some graphics here or there?

Yun
07-09-2012, 06:45 AM
stone there are 3 people working on BF3. I was first to choose.

stone
07-09-2012, 06:53 AM
^ already discussed on IRC. Changed to 'Ghost Recon'

Ciao
07-09-2012, 06:56 AM
Ciao - Earthbound
Pro category

SethX
07-09-2012, 06:59 AM
so we can post previews? i find previews to be alot more interesting than screen shots anyway.

http://www.fileize.com/view/441c6263-896/

danick
07-09-2012, 07:00 AM
stone is it you that added
*added to my post cuz it doesn't say edited by stone and I'm wondering if I'm developping memory problems :D?

-yes that was me. Sorry for not notifying about the change.
~stone.

stone
07-09-2012, 07:01 AM
Awe yea, do like. Yea previews are even more encouraged of course. Be sure to start your thread in the 'Upcoming Works in Progress.' (http://forums.stickpage.com/forumdisplay.php?60-Upcoming-Works-in-Progress) Remember, a portion of your judging will be based upon how well you kept a record of the creation of your animation. Take a look at the notes on the front page for more information.

Emert-x
07-09-2012, 07:16 AM
Emert-x - Dance dance revolution
Pro
http://www.fileize.com/view/e09f0c9d-7c8/
http://www.fileize.com/view/f5210ffc-8d1/
http://www.fileize.com/view/3d1dee19-b1d/
http://www.fileize.com/view/3e052c79-6a7/
http://www.fileize.com/view/fe07bc81-122/

There Stone, I posted it =A=

A13x@nd3r
07-09-2012, 07:18 AM
So the thread we make can also have like testings and parts and art etc?

stone
07-09-2012, 07:21 AM
So the thread we make can also have like testings and parts and art etc?

Yes, precisely that. Get the viewers into your mind and 'behind the scenes' on your creation.
*added up to this point.

A13x@nd3r
07-09-2012, 07:26 AM
Ok then will do searge.....oh btw can I edit the intro made by oxob and use another character and some more effects

Drone
07-09-2012, 07:37 AM
Alrighty then
I actually intend to participate this time :3 since not all of the good games are taken :P
Drone - Tekken6
intermediate
http://www.fileize.com/view/8f8959d8-ac5/ (unfinished, but it's the best thing I have so far)
also, I noticed that two intermediates are doing infamous2 :P

stone
07-09-2012, 07:38 AM

Yeah I encourage users to create their own stickpage introduction that some how includes their game that they are tributing. This will definitely add in some brownie points.

Tocksique
07-09-2012, 07:43 AM
Awesome! I got in! :D I'll get started on this. No specific due date yet, correct? You just know it's in October? Either way, I have great ideas for this >:)