PDA

View Full Version : My first mildy good test

Badurr
07-12-2012, 10:19 AM
Okay, I suck. I am still new to this stuff. But this is just a test and is by far the best I've done. Please reply and tell me what I need to work on (presumably everything) and if it's a good start :D.

link: http://www.fileize.com/view/d3cd210d-82a/

Foscex
07-12-2012, 11:34 AM
well, you got the basic movements right..
but i see reseizing, use guidelines to get rid of that
and it was a little bit slow, try having your guy stand still, then he accelerates and builds up power ( slow proces)
then he punches ( fast proces) and he basicly shoots a little forward with alot of power

keep practicing, and youll get there someday :)

jdogg
07-12-2012, 11:56 AM
You got the movement somewhat right.
I saw you did ease a little, but you need to ease more. You also need more power behind the punch. If you ease a lot before the punch for anticipation, and then make the actual punching frame a huge movement, it will look more powerful. Also try to keep the foot that is on the ground in the same place the whole time.
Good Luck.

Badurr
07-12-2012, 04:23 PM
Thanks for the feedback! I was trying so hard to get the brush strokes not to look sloppy (didn't do a real good job on that either) that I payed less attention to the other elements. This is a big help, and I will try to correct most of these problems.

Zach Samaroo
07-12-2012, 04:41 PM
the punch was ok but it looked like he was doin an awesome/wierd moonwalk thing

Balance897
07-12-2012, 04:47 PM
Umm... your stick is changeing his size which makes it the bad part of that animation. And add more easing to your punches. google about easing to learn more. stickfigure easing or find some tutorials :)