PDA

View Full Version : constructive criticism

TrulyEpic
07-26-2012, 05:15 PM
Here is a battle animation i animated, but the other opponent forfeited so i won by default. however i want a constructive criticism on the animation so i can improve where i need to. http://www.fluidanims.com/portal2/view/5453/
this second link was my first battle http://www.fluidanims.com/portal2/view/5416/. i would also like to know if i have improved since the first battle. the first link is my second battle. what areas should i focus my efforts to improving and is there a significant difference between the two? but most importantly i just want constructive criticism on the animations.
thanks in advance

Anubis
07-26-2012, 08:33 PM
First off, I like your character and his abilities are pretty sweet. Your animations are very entertaining but there are some things you should work on:

1) your effects need work. particularly your smoke/explosions. In your battle vs craziest god, the big smoke explosion's easing was very apparent and a little odd.

2)Be mindful of your stick construction. Sometimes the arms of your stick figures are smaller than they should be. Having a layer for reference might help solve this problem.

3)This might be personal preference, but i hate hearing the same sound multiple times back to back in an animation. It sounds weird and abnormal, especially when the hits are different.

4)I dont know your time constraints, but certain parts of your animation seemed rushed. Make sure each hit follows through smoothly instead of ending abruptly or being painfully slow.

otherwise, your animations are quite enjoyable and I see you are working hard and constantly improving. Good luck in future fights :)

TrulyEpic
07-27-2012, 08:37 AM
First off, I like your character and his abilities are pretty sweet. Your animations are very entertaining but there are some things you should work on:

1) your effects need work. particularly your smoke/explosions. In your battle vs craziest god, the big smoke explosion's easing was very apparent and a little odd.

2)Be mindful of your stick construction. Sometimes the arms of your stick figures are smaller than they should be. Having a layer for reference might help solve this problem.

3)This might be personal preference, but i hate hearing the same sound multiple times back to back in an animation. It sounds weird and abnormal, especially when the hits are different.

4)I dont know your time constraints, but certain parts of your animation seemed rushed. Make sure each hit follows through smoothly instead of ending abruptly or being painfully slow.

otherwise, your animations are quite enjoyable and I see you are working hard and constantly improving. Good luck in future fights :)
thanks a lot; that was very enlightening

Anubis
07-27-2012, 09:05 AM
No problem. Glad i helped!