PDA

View Full Version : My work

Jontiways
08-03-2012, 07:57 AM
Please move this if it not supposed to go here.
The majority of the work that I create is in Adobe after effects. Not flash, however I still would like to show it to others and get opinions ect. So please forgive me before hand if this doesn't fit in.

Hello, My name is Jonti, and I use Adobe after effects.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ic8OfSYFxqc

Here is my latest piece of work. Granted this is not stickmen, however I believe it to be close enough as it is based of stickmen.

I created the characters as development and experimental work, and have been working on them for about 3 years at least. (the blue one that is)

Anyway what do you think?

Sadko
08-03-2012, 08:47 AM
THIS IS SO AWESOME.

you're a pro fo' sure

specked
08-03-2012, 08:56 AM
Dude, that was sick. Very original too nice job there!

SCOUNDREL
08-03-2012, 10:24 AM
You should get in contact with "The French" he'd love to RHG you.

Jontiways
08-03-2012, 02:29 PM
Whose the French? ...other than the massive amount of people in France...

S-Critical
08-03-2012, 02:35 PM
noah, what he meant was a guy named avanz, he used to be a great animator. here is one of his famous anims against phil(terkoiz)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWZLTRyNpPw&list=UU2B9OnoasuJXl5hFw6n0XTQ&index=5&feature=plcp

but i think avanz left FA a long time ago, well thats what i think :/
do you animate stick figure too?

Jontiways
08-03-2012, 03:16 PM
I used to, I started about 5 or so years ago on pivot and learnt through trial and error. Over time I became quite annoyed with how restricted a stickman was in the way that they acted and moved. So I created the blue character in pivot and started using him instead.

I can animate stickmen in flash, however its been quite a while since I have done anything. Anything on my youtube channel is outdated by a few years so, so I wouldnt base my skills on everything on there, more the recent stuff (however most of it is not animation related)
I'v also touched 3D animation and animating sprites.
I love after effects.

Yun
08-03-2012, 06:34 PM
I have to say, I'm quite impressed. Though that's because I've met other After Effects animators such as link1812 on Youtube and Spritefan2 of Maplemation. The things I know of is that almost everything in After Effects is tweening so I understand that the animation is quite choppy at times. But I think you can fix those over time. Great to meet you, man.

Jontiways
08-04-2012, 12:48 AM
Its great to meet you too! This here is a mix of some tweening, but mostly frame by frame. However I have found a way around getting tweens to be almost unnoticeable using the graph function in after effects to smooth out the tweens. Its great for camera work if you need to make a smooth route without seeing the changes in speed.
I'm guessing those guys are just in sprite animation.

Jontiways
08-05-2012, 10:41 AM
I hate to double post here, but I'd like some opinians on it to see what people think. Granted again this is not stickmen, however it is animation, if It should be posted somewhere else do say, since its unrelated to this forum, but I'd still like to see what people think.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBGSfOUxbRw&list=UUswcJL6ZEx_PfXg5ZzWDINg&index=1&feature=plcp[/yout