PDA

View Full Version : Rusty Animation

Aqua
08-14-2012, 06:39 AM
Here is a little short sequence that I've made... Really short, really rusty, and overall, not impressive. I know. But I've been wanting to get feedback on it after not animating for about a year, so here it is: http://www.fileize.com/view/de0d7d04-590/

Zive
08-14-2012, 09:17 PM
Well, glad to have you back Aqua! (<-- Im thirsty now :|) Anyway, fot a whole year break, that was great. Hell, I couldn't do better with a one year break! Here's a little feed back:

1) Don't be afraid to use double framing, or even tripple in some cases to slowparts down. For example, like the walk in the beggining. Double framing is usually the best for walking (or were you jumping/ leaping there?), but that section could use some slowing down. As well as the jump the black stick does when crushing the other guy. Think physics: you can't jump up and comeback down THAT fast. One trick that would help would be double framing right when he reaches the arch and towards the beginning of coming back down.

2) His arms. I was a little confused with what was going on with them arms. They should feel smooth and not too rigid, if that makes sense.

As long as you try to slow the whole thing down, especially the jump with either double framing or frames in between, I guarantee it'll look better.

As for the PROS:

- VERY smooth, no wobbliness what so ever
- Some easing here and there
- No resizing
- How the stick stands and switches between two frames
- Loved the "OWNED" sign.

Hope I was of some help! Sorry if I was too picky or stuck up, I just want to help the most I can. I hope you get back on track and keep animating again, the animating community could always use more members!

Aqua
08-15-2012, 06:23 AM
Thanks for the feedback Zive! That's the kind of constructive criticism that I never used to get, but always asked for. I'll work on those things.

Zive
08-15-2012, 08:38 AM
Thanks for the feedback Zive! That's the kind of constructive criticism that I never used to get, but always asked for. I'll work on those things.

Awesome! Happy I could help!