PDA

View Full Version : Newman Explained

Exile
05-06-2008, 09:31 PM
For those of you that missed it

NEWMAN is a joke! It is a fake account. All the mods and Admins have the usnername and password and we have all been using it to post. It's all a joke played on you guy's by us.

And man I gotta say it has been funny as hell...

This started when Paperclip posted a quote from a completely new member asking to become a moderator. We joked that we should actually make him a mod, just to see what you guys did. I then came up with the idea that we should make a new account we could all use, and make it a mod, while pretending we didn't know what was going on. Literally everyone jumped on the idea.

Virtually everything from that point was just improvisation between the members using the account. We never planned on banning anyone, but we obviously did. It was out of fun at a few people's expense. As far as the internet goes in terms of laughing at the expense of others, this was pretty tame, so don't take it too seriously.

If, however, you feel angry, disturbed or violated over having been distracted by Newman, being banned for a day or two, or just the fact that you think what we did was unfunny because you weren't on the delivering end of the prank, I personally apologize. Furthermore, there will be a charity pancake breakfast at my house for the victims of this attack next Thursday, for those of you who wish to attend it.

Hope this clears up some of our intentions and explains it a bit.

STUFF
05-06-2008, 09:32 PM
You guys should unban the ones that were banned for more than a day.

Other than that, it was great, good job lol

Exile
05-06-2008, 09:34 PM
I don't know if anyone got banned for more than a day. It'll expire eventually, but if the mods want to work it out they probably should.

I personally didn't even use the newman account so I wouldn't know who got banned for how long.

Steyene
05-06-2008, 09:34 PM
Give me your house address and a couple of thousand dollars and I WILL be there Exilement.

Also as I stated in the other thread

My broad brimmed hat goes off to you all for a excellent prank. :D

Kitsune
05-06-2008, 09:35 PM
Pure gold. I wish I was a part of it. :( But I wasn't.

Well done.

Deadface.
05-06-2008, 09:45 PM
I wish Jewloo would've kept it going...

Kitsune
05-06-2008, 09:46 PM
Me too. :(

STUFF
05-06-2008, 09:48 PM
Most fun I've had on SPP to be honest..
Yeah, if it was a bit longer, I'd have enjoyed it.

Jeremy
05-06-2008, 09:55 PM
I don't see how this was funny at all, It just makes you seem like a bunch of idiots...

Exile
05-06-2008, 09:58 PM
You're right, what were we thinking.

Rather than trying to have some fun, we should have went with the timeless routine of discussing how many of us are virgins in the poll section, arguing about religion in the debate section or playing forum games in main. Now THAT'S fun.

Just because you weren't in on the prank doesn't mean we're idiots for trying to do something different

Gavel
05-06-2008, 09:58 PM
I don't see how this was funny at all, It just makes you seem like a bunch of idiots...
And why is this might I ask? Because it's humor at the expense of others? But isn't that just what you and many others find hilarious on this site: Hilarity at the expense of others? Let me get this straight, you'll make all the chauvinist jokes you want, but when it comes to something like banning someone for a day on a forum all at the expense of a joke, then that's idiotic and immature?

I really don't understand this forum.

Jeremy
05-06-2008, 10:05 PM
And why is this might I ask? Because it's humor at the expense of others? But isn't that just what you and many others find hilarious on this site: Hilarity at the expense of others? Let me get this straight, you'll make all the chauvinist jokes you want, but when it comes to something like banning someone for a day on a forum all at the expense of a joke, then that's idiotic and immature?

I really don't understand this forum.

You cant even talk spazz, you were the one arguing that people liking this site to much was the reason spp is "hated", yet you laugh at shit like this.

You're right, what were we thinking.

Rather than trying to have some fun, we should have went with the timeless routine of discussing how many of us are virgins in the poll section, arguing about religion in the debate section or playing forum games in main. Now THAT'S fun.

Or posting crappy techno music that no one listens to...

Didn't you leave? This site just wasnt for you, yet you come back and make a "prank" like this? what are you so attached to?

Strife
05-06-2008, 10:07 PM
Haha, I love how Jeremy attacks something that has absolutely nothing to do with the subject because of his inability to find something relevant.

Cicada
05-06-2008, 10:12 PM
Don't worry. Jeremy's just pms'ing and trying to bullbait.

Exile
05-06-2008, 10:13 PM
Didn't you leave? This site just wasnt for you, yet you come back and make a "prank" like this? what are you so attached to?

Because I like thinking I have power. That certainly sounds like your kind of answer.

If you didn't have an incessant need to go against the community's opinion towards the things mods, admins and the NTF do, you might be able to take the conservative stick out of your ass and have some fun for once, rather than constantly picking fights with members over completely irrelevant things. It's as if you think being a nonconformist over everything is going to make you seem intelligent by being the one that doesn't follow the herd off of the cliff that you think anything unorthodox is.

Vervanda
I am starting to think this should go on the debate section

Sawc
As for the debate of this joke, it should be ending by now. Either that, or take it to the debate section. But please, end the quarreling here, seeing as the situation was just a silly joke that has been over for a while now.

STUFF
05-06-2008, 10:14 PM
You guys better stop this before Newman comes in

stickpagefan51
05-06-2008, 10:20 PM
Serriously, this is one of those things that you just wait long enough and then be able to look back and laugh. To all the mods and admins, my hat's off to you. At least I was able to witness when it was happening, even if I had to use shitty IE.

Gavel
05-06-2008, 10:30 PM
You cant even talk spazz, you were the one arguing that people liking this site too much was the reason spp is "hated", yet you laugh at shit like this.
Way to make sense, Jeremy. By finding something like this funny, that means I'm as attached to the site as you are. Brilliant deduction, on your part.

Now excuse me, but where the hell did I say that people being attached to this site is what makes this site hated? If you're referring to my post in the "Newman as a moderator" thread made by Stuff as the Prophet, then there are two things wrong with your logic:

1. I'm an NTF member, remember? This means I've been in on this from the start. Obviously any of my posts related to Newman were supposed to be convincing portrayals of a member who has no idea what's going on, so I decided to act the way I'd normally act in a situation like this. So obviously it was a joke post, dumbass. Try to find a better source for your little laments next time you feel the need to throw a bitchfit.

2. I don't know how you got from any of that post that I was saying that SPP is hated because members are too attached to the site. I was saying--in my joke post, mind you--that maybe if people weren't so attached to this site, they wouldn't get so worked up over a fucking day long ban. Nowhere in any of that even hints at what you said.

I shall now refer you to this site (http://www.tampax.com/), Jeremy. Because apparently you need them. Stop PMSing because you weren't able to realize it was a joke from the start. I wouldn't be surprised if you went and pulled a DoYS right now saying how you fooled us by acting like an asshole, based on the way you're acting right now.

Newman
05-06-2008, 10:35 PM
Newman is not pleased that his glory is being smothered under a silly debate.

Someone must be executed.

Sawc
05-06-2008, 10:37 PM
I wish I had ban harpoons.

Nodd
05-06-2008, 11:16 PM
ban hammer sounds so much better

Jeremy
05-06-2008, 11:20 PM
Because I like thinking I have power.
I'm pretty sure thats true, haha. And thats where I was going with my argument, so...

If you didn't have an incessant need to go against the community's opinion towards the things mods, admins and the NTF do, you might be able to take the conservative stick out of your ass and have some fun for once, rather than constantly picking fights with members over completely irrelevant things. It's as if you think being a nonconformist over everything is going to make you seem intelligent by being the one that doesn't follow the herd off of the cliff that you think anything unorthodox is.

Ive done that twice I think, this and the contributing member thing. The other arguments were with single staff members not the entire team. So, no I don't feel the need to oppose the staff whenever I get a chance. Its just stupid shit like this. And maybe you wouldn't be so blind if you didn't try to grab every tiny little bit of power waved in front of your face, or remember "the old days" when you actually mattered on this forum.

if you're really so attached to this place that this is such a big issue to you, then maybe what the throngs of noobs that explore this site think about us is true.

Sounds exactly like what I said.

I'm an NTF member, remember? This means I've been in on this from the start. Obviously any of my posts related to Newman were supposed to be convincing portrayals of a member who has no idea what's going on, so I decided to act the way I'd normally act in a situation like this.

So your saying that even though you acted like you had no Idea what was going on you still sided with the staff...You're right, thats a pretty good representation of how you would have acted.

I bet half of the people who are now laughing at this feel the same as me. They just aren't posting it. This is pretty much the same situation as when zulu went nazi with being a contributing member or whatever.

Anyways, I wont win so disregard this I suck cocks.

Fr0zEnPh0eNiX
05-06-2008, 11:39 PM
I'm pretty sure thats true, haha. And thats where I was going with my argument, so...

Ive done that twice I think, this and the contributing member thing. The other arguments were with single staff members not the entire team. So, no I don't feel the need to oppose the staff whenever I get a chance. Its just stupid shit like this. And maybe you wouldn't be so blind if you didn't try to grab every tiny little bit of power waved in front of your face, or remember "the old days" when you actually mattered on this forum.

Sounds exactly like what I said.

So your saying that even though you acted like you had no Idea what was going on you still sided with the staff...You're right, thats a pretty good representation of how you would have acted.

I bet half of the people who are now laughing at this feel the same as me. They just aren't posting it. This is pretty much the same situation as when zulu went nazi with being a contributing member or whatever.

Anyways, I wont win so disregard this I suck cocks.

Eh? Well I spose there isn't much that can be done... your opinion of a joke is .. well.. your own, and I don't see how anyone can really argue against it.

Personally I felt it was HILARIOUS.... BAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHA!

My favorite part was when I told them to ban me when I got sick of how the joke was going, and they DID! BAAAHAHAHAHAHAAAHHAAHAHHAHAHA!

Oh man, this will definitely something people will be talking about for a while.

Exile
05-06-2008, 11:43 PM
I'm pretty sure thats true, haha.

lmao, and you call me blind

I'm sure the fact that I've said on at least 3 occasions that if offered, I wouldn't take a mod position doesn't change your opinion of my intentions at all. If that's the case, you seriously need to learn when to admit you're wrong rather than beat a dead horse over and over again.

I bet half of the people who are now laughing at this feel the same as me. They just aren't posting it.

Yeah, because saying what we did was unfunny is real gutsy, thank god the feeble minded asskissers have someone like you who can stand up to a power hungry jackass like myself.

This is pretty much the same situation as when zulu went nazi with being a contributing member or whatever.

Everyone's come to terms with the NTF except you. You know damned well what we do, and continuing to grasp onto that idea is just making you look more like an idiot. Once again, just admit you're wrong for once. That's actually respectable, rather than going to irrelevant personal attacks (like my music? what the **** does that have to do with anything) once you realize you've run out of ground to stand on.

Buttons
05-06-2008, 11:44 PM
It's like theres a man with a costume throwing rocks at people.

The person in the costume says it's a joke and then expects the people that he hit to laugh.

Makes no sense.

Fr0zEnPh0eNiX
05-06-2008, 11:52 PM

The person in the costume says it's a joke and then expects the people that he hit to laugh.

Makes no sense.

*throws a rock at you*

Shut up, you don't know funny.

Buttons
05-06-2008, 11:54 PM
no u

Sawc
05-06-2008, 11:54 PM
Hey. Break it up, or you'll get a rock in your face. I still want my ban harpoon.

Buttons
05-06-2008, 11:56 PM
Shut up Sawc, go back to your little Easytoon corner. Not really, just kidding.

Don't highlight.

ZuLu
05-06-2008, 11:57 PM
When did I or anyone else say that this was supposed to be funny for you? I could give a ratz azz how funny anyone thought it was. All I know is it was damn funny for us Mods/NTF/HM/Admins. We do a lot of stuff around here and take a lot of crap for it so excuse me if we want to have a little fun once in awhile.

Sawc
05-07-2008, 12:14 AM
When did I or anyone else say that this was supposed to be funny for you? I could give a ratz azz how funny anyone thought it was. All I know is it was damn funny for us Mods/NTF/HM/Admins. We do a lot of stuff around here and take a lot of crap for it so excuse me if we want to have a little fun once in awhile.

If it helps, I thought it was hilarious.

Index
05-07-2008, 12:23 AM
It was funny how I got banned and severely hurt.

Kitsune
05-07-2008, 12:27 AM
If it helps, I thought it was hilarious.

I'm sure you don't help with your opinion at all. :P

Rather Cheesy
05-07-2008, 12:40 AM
I sort of lurked and watched, I never once believed that Newman wasn't a Mod/Admin/NTF/HM. I figured something happened in the cave and you guys decided to pull a good prank. It was good and I thought it was funny as hell just to watch Newman power abuse more and more while sinking further into third-personism. Props for the good prank, but next time try to make it less noticeable as to what actually happened. [making someone a mod means that an admin is oh most defiantly in on it, giving the whole thing away...]

Exile
05-07-2008, 01:02 AM
I love how at least 10 people say they knew about it all along and yet maybe only one of them actually said anything during the whole thing.

Jeremy
05-07-2008, 01:13 AM
Once again, just admit you're wrong for once.

...What?
I think you were trying to say that I should admit I'm wrong for once. If you have ever read debates I'm in, I do admit when I'm wrong....

Last post, I swear...

Jet
05-07-2008, 01:28 AM
damn, i hated that guy.
newman was such a prick.
until we found out he was you and not actually a demented freak.
lawl.
good prank =D

Myself
05-07-2008, 01:48 AM
I thought it was hmlariosus

Scarecrow
05-07-2008, 05:35 AM
You know, if ZuLu was serious about this newman faggot I really would have seriously considered going to CJ's house and breaking his legs if he didn't tell me where ZuLu lived.

And wrists I suppose, so he couldn't ban me afterwards.

Then I'd hurt ZuLu.

Yes, I actually do have CJ's address

I KNOW WHERE YOU LIVE CJ

Steyene
05-07-2008, 05:52 AM
Lawl CJ is now officially ****ed once Jawz gets enough money to fly over seas.

Anyway Jeremy grow the **** up, it was a good joke.

The NTF works, and does its job. The mods are the mods, and well the admins deserve some fun every now and again, and if it is such a ****ing problem leave.

No one really gives a **** that you didn't find it funny.

The Pirate
05-07-2008, 06:37 AM
I liked the part where people got physically injured because it's the internet and it matters so much.

I wish you guys had used my idea and banned me, but I guess it ended too soon.

Either way, it was fun.

Paperclip
05-07-2008, 06:48 AM
Paperclip had much fun being Newman. Who knows, Paperclip could become the new Newman. o_O

Dragonkof
05-07-2008, 06:50 AM
oh god.

here we go again.

Steyene
05-07-2008, 07:10 AM
Oh SHI except this time it will be unstoppable.

Also you notice that the really the first time that both admins and mods have been collaborating was to play a prank on SPP....

Anyway time to up grade the anti-harpoon shielding.

Edit: Pirate you are infact forgetting that the internet is indeed serious business.

Scarecrow
05-07-2008, 09:34 AM
I'm sorry ZuLu but it just wasn't funny.

Why?

Because INTERNET IS SERIOUS BUSINESS

Mantha
05-07-2008, 11:59 AM
Oh noes, a joke on the internet. On me?!?!?!

No making fun of black people/women/Jews/Mexicans?

Boy that sucks.

I'm glad some people enjoyed the joke. I don't care for the rest, cry me a river.

Chimaera
05-07-2008, 12:25 PM
Why the **** did no one MSN about this?!

Stupid ****ing revision >:(

Makes me miss all teh good stuff :'(

ZuLu
05-07-2008, 12:46 PM
Then I'd hurt ZuLu.
I'd love to see ya try, I'm 6'3 215lbs. I'm Canadian which means I fight for fun and wrestle grizzly bears. There's three rifles two hand guns and one bad azz matha of a shotgun (that we call "Da Biatch") in a easy access shelving unit right next to the front door. If you can manage to climb the mountain I live on without getting attacked by wolfs, coyotes or cougars then you'll have a crack at me. Just imagine Mark Wahlberg was 6'3 and not a fag, then I'm basically like him in the movie shooter.

Chimaera
05-07-2008, 12:48 PM
Piece of piss.

I'm British.

Deathwish
05-07-2008, 12:49 PM
I'd love to see ya try, I'm 6'3 215lbs. I'm Canadian which means I fight for fun and wrestle grizzly bears. There's three rifles two hand guns and one bad azz matha of a shotgun (that we call "Da Biatch") in a easy access shelving unit right next to the front door. If you can manage to climb the mountain I live on without getting attacked by wolfs, coyotes or cougars then you'll have a crack at me. Just imagine Mark Wahlberg was 6'3 and not a fag, then I'm basically like him in the movie shooter.

You speak French so you'd run away :P

Mantha
05-07-2008, 12:53 PM
Well Jawz is Australian. He fights stingrays 'n stuff. He's a watertype.

I guess climbing the mountain would kill him.

Gray
05-07-2008, 12:53 PM

Answer my PM!

:' (

Chimaera
05-07-2008, 12:54 PM
Let's go abduct V.

ZuLu
05-07-2008, 12:55 PM
You speak French so you'd run away :P
Le français ne court pas, nous baisons

Well Jawz is Australian. He fights stingrays 'n stuff. He's a watertype.

I guess climbing the mountain would kill him.
CJ is a Aussie, I beat him up all the time...

Mantha
05-07-2008, 12:57 PM
Omg.

I am officially afraid of Zulu now.

Chimaera
05-07-2008, 12:57 PM
You mean you weren't before?

Deathwish
05-07-2008, 01:07 PM
Oů est la publication to you too ZuLu!
(only french i know)

Chimaera
05-07-2008, 01:09 PM
Deustch ist gut.
Du sprechen Deutsch? Ich kann nicht so gut, abwohl meine freunden is sehr gern. Ich hatte eine Deutsch test gestern, Ich war shiesse.

Mantha
05-07-2008, 01:12 PM
Ja, ich kann das. Und Schall sowieso.

Zna kdo slovensko? Ajde. Tota debata je šla čist adijo.

Chimaera
05-07-2008, 01:14 PM
Warum ist man sprechen im Slovenian?
Sprechen im Deutsch!

Ich keine sprechen im Slovenian :'(

Deathwish
05-07-2008, 01:14 PM
ÉN tud beszél magyar Ön fickók van minden homokos

LakE
05-07-2008, 01:17 PM
Wait, what?

Deathwish
05-07-2008, 01:25 PM
Voltam beszélő magyar

LakE
05-07-2008, 01:38 PM
>:c
This is an outrage

Chimaera
05-07-2008, 01:41 PM
Russian ?

Deathwish
05-07-2008, 01:46 PM
Hungarian .

Exile
05-07-2008, 02:24 PM

your milk comes in bags

The Pirate
05-07-2008, 03:08 PM
Actually Canadaland has cartons just like everywhere else in the whole world.

Bags of milk are stupid.

Gavel
05-07-2008, 03:18 PM

Makes no sense.
It's funny how Energy compares banning to getting hit with rocks and not too long ago, he made a pissy leaving thread talking about how we're all a bunch of nerds too attached to this site and he has a life and blah blah blah.

They should've just kept you in the shop when your CPU malfunctioned.

Überschall
05-07-2008, 03:29 PM
I liked the part where people got physically injured because it's the internet and it matters so much.

Yay.

Deustch ist gut.
Du sprechen Deutsch? Ich kann nicht so gut, abwohl meine freunden is sehr gern. Ich hatte eine Deutsch test gestern, Ich war shiesse.

I bet you were. =/

Elaine
05-07-2008, 03:35 PM
DOES NO ONE SEE THE TRUTH BEHIND IT?

THIS WAS NO JOKE, NO PRANK, NO FUNNIES.

IT'S A COVER UP

NEWMAN WAS A PROJECT GONE WRONG

THE GOVERNMENT COULD NOT HANDLE IT AND IT WAS RELEASED

IT IS JUST IN HIDING NOW, IT WILL RETURN

MARK MY WORDS

I HAVE SEEN NEWMAN

HE DOES NOT FORGIVE

HE DOES NOT SHOW MERCY

HE DOES NOT SHOW REMORSE

THE END IS COMING

NEWMAN, IS COMING.

Smashdood
05-07-2008, 03:40 PM
http://img120.imageshack.us/img120/7973/angrybananamb0.jpg

Oh shit, malcolm!

Shanto
05-07-2008, 03:40 PM
Awesome. Just, awesome.

Steyene
05-07-2008, 05:54 PM
Fucking A ITS A CONSPIRACY

Zulu is a scary scary man. :,[

With little children in the basement, all of whom are under 13, as he invites all of the members who are under 13 around for candy, as his expense.

Watch out apples

Myself
05-07-2008, 05:54 PM
I laugh in the face of this whole debuckle. I find this shit hilarious.

Myself
05-07-2008, 06:01 PM
Exactly .

Apples
05-07-2008, 06:42 PM
Well, I wasnt really distracted by it, because I didnt really care.
But I guess its the closest this site will ever become to the old days, so congrats.

OGrilla2
05-07-2008, 06:43 PM
I didn't read this thread, but I agree with everyone.

Nodd
05-07-2008, 06:44 PM
i've been bamboozled

Devour
05-07-2008, 07:16 PM
Honestly, I was fooled by this.
I feel so idiotic for that last post I did to Newman before the joke was revealed.

Mr potato head
05-08-2008, 10:42 PM
It's funny how Energy compares banning to getting hit with rocks and not too long ago, he made a pissy leaving thread talking about how we're all a bunch of nerds too attached to this site and he has a life and blah blah blah.

They should've just kept you in the shop when your CPU malfunctioned.
love u spazz lol

i have no idea what the joke was, i dont come on spp that much

Vervanda
05-08-2008, 10:50 PM
That was pretty clever of you.

Vervanda
05-08-2008, 10:50 PM

Jeremy
05-09-2008, 01:18 AM

OGrilla2
05-09-2008, 01:28 AM

Steyene
05-09-2008, 01:29 AM

Devour
05-09-2008, 01:45 AM

Scarecrow
05-09-2008, 01:53 AM
You guys are all faggots

Devour
05-09-2008, 02:38 AM
Well, a mod edited my post so I couldn't break the combo. :C

Apples
05-10-2008, 10:31 AM
Am I the only one who ignored the whole Newman thing?

Covalence
05-10-2008, 10:41 AM
Am I the only one who ignored the whole Newman thing?

Most likely not.

smish
05-10-2008, 10:45 AM
For those of you that missed it

This started when Paperclip posted a quote from a completely new member asking to become a moderator. We joked that we should actually make him a mod, just to see what you guys did. I then came up with the idea that we should make a new account we could all use, and make it a mod, while pretending we didn't know what was going on. Literally everyone jumped on the idea.

Virtually everything from that point was just improvisation between the members using the account. We never planned on banning anyone, but we obviously did. It was out of fun at a few people's expense. As far as the internet goes in terms of laughing at the expense of others, this was pretty tame, so don't take it too seriously.

If, however, you feel angry, disturbed or violated over having been distracted by Newman, being banned for a day or two, or just the fact that you think what we did was unfunny because you weren't on the delivering end of the prank, I personally apologize. Furthermore, there will be a charity pancake breakfast at my house for the victims of this attack next Thursday, for those of you who wish to attend it.

Hope this clears up some of our intentions and explains it a bit.

So im actully allowed 2 make joke threads?

Gavel
05-10-2008, 10:55 AM
How did you get that out of what Exilement said?

Apples
05-10-2008, 10:57 AM
How did you get that out of what Exilement said?

Second' d.

zawmbee
05-10-2008, 11:53 AM
dont make me get my muffin in hear >_>
also i dont think i payed attention to the newman thing, it must happened fast.
it must have been like http://www.lby3.com/images/thumb_jazz_hands.gif woosh

Bongoe
05-13-2008, 08:13 AM
It wasn't a funny joke. Just because you do something different doesn't make it good.

Mantha
05-13-2008, 08:34 AM
Just because you don't find it funny, it doesn't mean it's not funny for anybody.

It was just a bit of fun the staff had. Who cares about the guys that are whining.