PDA

View Full Version : My first Motion Test :)

Big-Blue
05-07-2008, 02:20 PM
Hi,

here is my first test with Motion Blur.
(Sorry for my bad english, but im german...)
I hope u like it, plz rate ;)
http://img360.imageshack.us/img360/5113/futuremansx5.gif
Greetz
Big-Blue

sayas
05-07-2008, 04:49 PM
He looks scary, nice breakdance though :)

MrCheesy
05-07-2008, 05:00 PM
I see that you are new here, so i belive you should post in the thread that says begginers section.
You would probably get more help in there than out here...

mint
05-07-2008, 05:10 PM
Put more frames in between movements to make his walk/jump/ whatever it is look better.

SRC
05-07-2008, 05:48 PM
try to keep the "blur" closer to the original body and it also looks way more badass if you have two "blurrs" close together. Like one black (the guy) then the dark gray, and then one after that as the light gray

Lone Wolf
05-07-2008, 06:48 PM
I see that you are new here, so i belive you should post in the thread that says begginers section.
You would probably get more help in there than out here...

In all reality, the beginner's section is where nubs comment on other nubs animation, with a few people who are actually somewhat good at animating commenting. Seriously, I really don't like how everyone is saying "go to the beginner's section until you're good enough", and not giving any crit to there animation. It's as if they're pushing them in there. And I also remember some of the better animators leaving because of the amount of beginners posting their animaitons in a thread. Nubs are always going to exist, and as long as you don't help them, they will always be that way, so deal with it. and Blacky, this isn't directed at you, just wanted to say.

Sorry about, I wanted to get that off my chest; I've had it in there for a long time now.

Work on all the basics such as easing, smoothness, physics, stiffness, and basic movements. Don't work on effects yet, and use a simpler base for all your animations until you're with the base. Now, for your next animation, make a test of a ball falling or something, try to make it as realistic as possible. Try dropping a real ball if you're having trouble animating it properly. Watch the ball and make sure you observe how high tthe ball goes after each bounce. It doesn't have to be precise, but get it as close as possible.

the afro ninja
05-07-2008, 10:31 PM
It was really slow and needed more frames of motion to work out best.

Automaton
05-08-2008, 08:44 AM
Lone Wolf you made my day. thats all...

Dragonkof
05-08-2008, 09:12 AM
In all reality, the beginner's section is where nubs comment on other nubs animation, with a few people who are actually somewhat good at animating commenting. Seriously, I really don't like how everyone is saying "go to the beginner's section until you're good enough", and not giving any crit to there animation. It's as if they're pushing them in there. And I also remember some of the better animators leaving because of the amount of beginners posting their animaitons in a thread. Nubs are always going to exist, and as long as you don't help them, they will always be that way, so deal with it. and Blacky, this isn't directed at you, just wanted to say.

Sorry about, I wanted to get that off my chest; I've had it in there for a long time now.

Work on all the basics such as easing, smoothness, physics, stiffness, and basic movements. Don't work on effects yet, and use a simpler base for all your animations until you're with the base. Now, for your next animation, make a test of a ball falling or something, try to make it as realistic as possible. Try dropping a real ball if you're having trouble animating it properly. Watch the ball and make sure you observe how high tthe ball goes after each bounce. It doesn't have to be precise, but get it as close as possible.

totally agree.

@THE BOLD i was one of them.
But i came back for social reasons only.

Chimaera
05-08-2008, 01:40 PM
You're not German.

Work on moevements themselves before you apply the blur effect, otherwise it just demonstrates your FBF skills and heightens the stiffness.

rx00worth
05-10-2008, 08:15 AM
meh, i dont care bout your english, its fine
the aniamtion was really choppy :(
and the guy looked like he was made of twigs and sticks

Big-Blue
05-10-2008, 10:21 AM
Physics like this? http://img111.imageshack.us/img111/6786/fallballtc2.gif
Sorry, its a little bit slow, because the FPS in the beta version when saving as gif is max. 17, but normally its on 26 ;)
Greetz