PDA

View Full Version : Improving... :D

Kanga-B
09-06-2012, 10:51 AM
So guys, you've been saying i'm bad, right? Well, i improved (still needs improving thought) here is something i've done:
http://www.fileize.com/view/8df323d4-cb1/
My first angle test
http://www.fileize.com/view/336b4b24-d27/
fire test
http://www.fileize.com/view/da723039-2a0/
smoothing test
tell me on what should i improve a bit more (please don't say the head).

SCOUNDREL
09-06-2012, 10:56 AM
Nice Kanga.
Your getting good,fuck the haters.
Just work on adding more frames per movement makes your animation much smoother.

Kanga-B
09-06-2012, 10:57 AM
i was doing it, just the computer quitted when i was about to save it, automatically

Ezy
09-06-2012, 11:33 AM
Cash pretty much covered it, just more frames in the angles and in general. Keep up the good work, practice makes perfect. :)

Kanga-B
09-06-2012, 11:49 AM
yeah, thanks ez
btw, new anim, fire :D, not much frames, but tried to smooth, it did work kinda

Mikematic
09-06-2012, 11:53 AM
Wow Kanga, i'm actually impressed man, they pretty much covered everything, but man, if you start animating more than you use the forums, you should gain a new rep in no time bro, good luck ;)

Kanga-B
09-06-2012, 11:55 AM

Sharp
09-06-2012, 11:58 AM
Kanga.
Wow. I'm actully impressed! If you got a better attitude, you would be in Solid in notime.
But you've gotta finish your part for the battle soon, the due date was september 10th.

Drone
09-06-2012, 11:59 AM
If you were to animate more and speak less you could get somewhere with this community guy.
you've got potential, although there are flaws that need addressing
major re size in the first animation, plus the first angle I couldn't really understand what occurred and the second one should involve perspective, even if he didn't go very far, otherwise it just looks like hes bouncing up some invisible platforms.
For the second one, there needs to be more frames to the fire and the dissipating particles at the end, and possibly add some filters or drawn in detail to make it look more realistic.

Kanga-B
09-06-2012, 12:00 PM
i know *panicks*
and thanks drone

Ezy
09-06-2012, 12:13 PM
http://www.fileize.com/view/336b4b24-d27/
fire test
tell me on what should i improve a bit more (please don't say the head).

The head is fine, fire is also fine if anything you need more build up to the blast. Try having him flair his arms back then come back forward for the fire to come out. Just an ideal but it is still good, keep practicing my friend!

Kanga-B
09-06-2012, 12:14 PM
Thanks my friend... Thanks...

SCOUNDREL
09-06-2012, 12:23 PM
If you were to animate more and speak less you could get somewhere with this community guy.
major re size in the first animation, plus the first angle I couldn't really understand what occurred and the second one should involve perspective, even if he didn't go very far, otherwise it just looks like hes bouncing up some invisible platforms.
For the second one, there needs to be more frames to the fire and the dissipating particles at the end, and possibly add some filters or drawn in detail to make it look more realistic.
That statement isn't relevant to anything in this thread,plus referring to how he acts on the forums you should say how yall treat him.
A new guy that comes on doesn't know anything but yall scold him like he's been here for years,really now

I saw the angle clearly.
He is doing a first person angled punch,the black stick is seeing the punch thru his eyes.
And He isn't suppose to bounce around the room like in your anime-like animations.
It's called realism.

I've never animated fire but all I know is it should have more Life into it.

Just felt like sharing this with you,don't reply if you want to argue.

Chimero
09-06-2012, 12:32 PM
Cash, wow. Drone just gave some feedback. It wasn't even rude, or offensive at all. What's with the speech lol.

Drone
09-06-2012, 12:33 PM
That statement isn't relevant to anything in this thread,plus referring to how he acts on the forums you should say how yall treat him.
A new guy that comes on doesn't know anything but yall scold him like he's been here for years,really now

I saw the angle clearly.
He is doing a first person angled punch,the black stick is seeing the punch thru his eyes.
And He isn't suppose to bounce around the room like in your anime-like animations.
It's called realism.

what I meant about the bouncing is that the stick is supposed to be moving farther away from the camera and he did bounce in the anim, so I was pointing out the lack of perspective.
and yes my first statement was irrelevant, but its not like Im the only one who said it, make some responses to them too while youre at it
and yeah, what ffa said
at no time was I speaking to you, if he had a problem with the cnc I gave or the statement beforehand he would have said so.

jdogg
09-06-2012, 12:34 PM
CnC

First anim: Punches need more anticipation. It's hard to tell what's really happening. Also, because of the giant heads (which is fine, just a style preference), I suggest you make the arms a little longer, at least on the punching frame. Both the punches were pretty choppy, just add more frames in between. When the maroon guy first got punched is head was very shaky, and he also resized a lot. The first angle wasn't bad. His legs are way too far apart. You drew them like you were still doing 2-D. It looked like he punched the guy while trying to do the splits. The push never made contact, and had very little force (possible because it didn't make contact). The black guy was really shaky, I don't know why you redrew the head every frame when you had been using a circle the rest of the anim.

Fire anim: Once again, the arms got very tiny. Fix this. The very last frame that the red guy moved was very sudden and jerky, I suggest you delete it and just use the frame before for the final stance. The fire was not good. It looked more like a quick explosion that fire. It also was way to fast. You used 7 frames, only 5 different frames for the whole fire. Fire goes up, because it weighs less than the air. When it dissipates you need to have it slowly go up, or quickly go up, and you need to use A LOT more frames.

Edit:

I saw the angle clearly.
It's called realism.

Cash, when you first told kanga-b to ignore the haters, that was a good thing to say. But now you're just trying to hate on anyone who criticizes this kid, whether it is with good intent or not. You probably would've have responded to me the same way you responded to Drone if I hadn't edited my post. I'm not saying you shouldn't stick up for him, I'm saying sticking up for him and bitching at everyone who talks to him are two different things. Also, please don't respond to this, because I'm not going to speak of the matter anymore. Just either ignore what I said or take it to heart. It's up to you.

Mr. Evil
09-06-2012, 12:38 PM

I saw the angle clearly.
It's called realism.

Is there a problem with somebody giving CNC? Oh yeah, it's you, you're better than everybody else, you know everything, since it's such a problem to help him see his errors and learn from them.
One of the many reasons we all admire your existence on this site.

Xero
09-06-2012, 12:42 PM

Agreed/
My main problem with you is that you're all bark and no bite to show.
you have potential, but it'd be better to spend your time animating instead of using your pretty much signature response "Grr, watcha say?!".
Cnc
The second test has no anticipation or easing, try adding more frames and recoil; As for the fire, I'd say you need to let it dissipate more, break it down to even smaller particles.
The angle in the first test is confusing, I barely felt any force and momentum stopped on a dime.
same issue, work on your anticipation and easing, as for the angle I suggest studying perspective, although I don't expect you to just get it anytime soon.
you need to understand how your environment is viewed in a set point, and how things would move about.

SCOUNDREL
09-06-2012, 12:44 PM
Cash, wow. Drone just gave some feedback. It wasn't even rude, or offensive at all. What's with the speech lol.
No I just don't like it when people try to put people down like that.
Cause they do it to me.
And I speak the truth,most people don't like how I do it but I do.
I'm sorry but I don't like it when people put other people down.

Drone
09-06-2012, 12:46 PM
Cause they do it to me.
I wasnt putting him down >.>
first I gave him advice, which he can choose whether or not he listens to it
and then I gave CnC
-_-

Mr. Evil
09-06-2012, 12:48 PM
Cause they do it to me.

Well, this is what's known as CNC, it's to help the person, not hurt them.
That person can whine and cry bout it or learn from it, it'll be their fault in the end if they take advice personally. Just saying.

SCOUNDREL
09-06-2012, 01:00 PM
The first part wasn't CnC.
I was referring to that part.
Noting more.

Chimero
09-06-2012, 01:03 PM
Cause they do it to me.

I know. that's why you're defending him. He's merely a reflection of your own misery. And as allready has been said before, nothing offensive.

Mr. Evil
09-06-2012, 01:22 PM
The first part wasn't CnC.
I was referring to that part.
Noting more.

It was advice, which can also help him.
when you say that was the only thing that bothered you, kindly explain your excuse for attempting to spark an arguement (not surprised about it) when Drone was simply giving CNC on angles and giving him advice on the forums.
I see no problem with that.

Ezy
09-06-2012, 02:20 PM
What the hell guys? Either give this kid some feedback or don't post at all. Everyone doesn't need to put their 2cents in, jeez. Kan-B, keep practicing please. You're doing fine.

Sarari
09-06-2012, 02:59 PM
So time for some srs CNC.

Kanga, You remind me when I had first started out. Now for your first animation:
It could use a lot more frames, and inbetweens to make the movements more clearer. When you do a punch you want it to follow through or have some recoil, I see you tried to make him block it and that needs some work, which will come in time though.

You also needa get in some anticipation, which is basically the frame that gets some power and pop into your hits, its kinda like, when you punch irl, you go back and then forward to punch, you dont just fly out of nowhere and go straight forward from standing still. AS i said though, the more you animate the better you will get, and it will click one day. So I got a few anims to show you for example, you can go fbf and try to learn some from them by right clicking then pressing forwards and backwards, after I post these I will continue onto some things with both anims.

Heres some basic combat one:

http://www.fileize.com/view/1f51b244-1dd/ ( For your combat improvment)

http://www.fileize.com/view/871fae6e-c1b/ (Swords if it ever comes up lol)

http://www.fileize.com/view/4ee67d64-ce3/ (Swords AND ANGLES, See how i have a lot of frames in my angles, you want there to be a lot of them so that its smooth and it takes a long period of time for the human eye to actually recognize whats happening.

http://www.fileize.com/view/58ae6533-f90/ (More Combat)

http://www.fileize.com/view/4b1a9b1c-26f/ (More Combat)

Oh and dont forget fire.
http://www.fileize.com/view/cd1b105b-041/ ( Not the best fire sorrylol)

(A lot of these arnt finished I know, sorry e-e)

So, as you can see, in my animations I have a lot of easing, I try not to stop my sticks really, unless its necessary. This also goes into flow, which is important. I suggest you check out Plasmaghost tut on basic combat. (Link for 1 & 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZAFNO0HOU&feature=plcp and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MEzTlvaTinQ&feature=relmfu) They are very lengthy but they will get you up to a good speed on the understanding of easing flow and spacing. Spacing is key, I dont use a lot of spacing unless on fast movements. Anyways I kinda just went off talking not sure if this is good cnc or not, But if it helps let me know! Good luck on your Animation Adventure, its quite the ride @u@.

Sharp
09-06-2012, 11:36 PM
'Kay kanga, you gots 3 days on you to finish your part of the battle. Do you really think that you will finish it, or will you give up?
By the way, just to keep in topic, I'm just gonna say that the angles where pretty good. You just need to improve them alittle.

Kanga-B
09-06-2012, 11:41 PM
thanks, and nah, i forfeit, you win anyways :3, someday we'll rematch :), but you deserve to win :D, so i forfeit...

+Omega
09-06-2012, 11:47 PM
Pretty cool.
Though you need not only to animate more frames in general.
Always think of anticipation, easing and physics. You need them in every movement.

fire: in my opinion the fire would need more of a charge up and waay more particles. Something really important is that the particles are getting slower as they are getting smaller and are disappearing.

I don't know what your previous work is so I cannot really say you improved or not. But it looks good for a beginner ;)

Kanga-B
09-06-2012, 11:48 PM
i improved, my demo is the first anim, choppy i know, and thanks :)

Sharp
09-07-2012, 12:05 AM
thanks, and nah, i forfeit, you win anyways :3, someday we'll rematch :), but you deserve to win :D, so i forfeit...

Wow, thanks... :D
We must have remach sometime.

Vinz
09-07-2012, 12:09 AM
yup, start animating more than make a riot ,it might repair your reputation from the thread riot

nyneicon
09-08-2012, 05:31 PM
Oh my god finally your starting to act less like a dick i mean i was starting to feel like a douch having you as my friend but i knew that you had some potential so i just gave you some time and look where you are man good for you and good luck

Sonoya
09-08-2012, 07:28 PM
Oh my god finally your starting to act less like a dick i mean i was starting to feel like a douch having you as my friend but i knew that you had some potential so i just gave you some time and look where you are man good for you and good luck
Oh my god, let this thread die. 3 days of no reply means it's done.

topburger239
09-09-2012, 10:57 AM
HEY HEY HEY DID YOU JUST USE MY RHG

Kanga-B
09-10-2012, 03:58 AM
sorry dude :(
you were my inspiration so i made you :|