PDA

View Full Version : Post any Bugs or problems with the game here:

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9

NioXoiN
05-02-2014, 04:55 PM
I have played 10 death-matches, and won several, but lost plenty too. Oddly, my points remained constant regardless of the outcome of the game. IDK why and what may I do to fix this? I attempted a PC restart in case, nothing happened.
BTW why is patch 2.03 represented with the orange window with the speech bubble rather than the green window with the wrench, like the rest of the patches;p
Thanks for the awesome game

so i guese i'm the only one having this issue and it's not the new patch's fault?

WyzDM
05-02-2014, 06:23 PM
It doesn't matter how much you mess with the timer, until you fix the spawn bug trees will still be overpowered. And even then they'll still be really good.

This. Remove the offensive power from trees. It's too strong. Period.

Dazzy
05-03-2014, 04:25 AM
This. Remove the offensive power from trees. It's too strong. Period.

Turn it into lurkers, lol.

On another note, I don't know if this is legit or not but I think there's a serious bug where DM rating is not being gained, but it can be lost - not sure, but I've heard from several people (jess, Xegoraptor) and I tried myself, that ranking won't give rating. Not sure if this is because decay kicked in (I definitely haven't DM'd in the last week), but it's shitty. Shine some light please?

59saintdane
05-03-2014, 04:27 PM
It seems that ranking in DM affects your classic rating. I played a few DM matches, my DM rating is unchanged yet my classic rating fluctuates. I think your rating changes based on whether you won/lost in classic, even though you're playing deathmatch.
Not ranking in DM until this is fixed.

Dazzy
05-03-2014, 05:10 PM
It seems that ranking in DM affects your classic rating. I played a few DM matches, my DM rating is unchanged yet my classic rating fluctuates. I think your rating changes based on whether you won/lost in classic, even though you're playing deathmatch.
Not ranking in DM until this is fixed.

I think this is true. My Classic rating has gone up to 2212 despite it being a DM game.

WyzDM
05-04-2014, 10:15 AM
Made a video regarding chaos power with burn.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLSmrtC1imc

Chiang
05-04-2014, 05:02 PM
Big problem. One of my IP has an IP ban on it...

Please fix or consequences will follow lol. Only warning.

CRAZY JAY
05-04-2014, 08:08 PM

Chiang your perm a banned go away. We will report your paypal next, stop giving everyone free accounts we will just ban them all. its 3.99 cents for an entire month you think you could just pay that.

Dazzy
05-05-2014, 05:06 AM
Chiang your perm a banned go away. We will report your paypal next, stop giving everyone free accounts we will just ban them all. its 3.99 cents for an entire month you think you could just pay that.

*whistles*

QFT though.

Mystery
05-05-2014, 06:04 AM

damn you chiang .....

you said you paid for me .... and then exploit and risk my account
holy shit indeed

WyzDM
05-05-2014, 08:04 AM
Well Chaing, you done did it this time.

sorrowandsadness
05-05-2014, 01:03 PM
I believe Chaing was using this as a way to recruit people to his clan... I have had a ton of players tell me they got free premium from their "clan..."

Chiang
05-05-2014, 01:24 PM
its 3.99 cents for an entire month you think you could just pay that.

So, rounded up, 4 whole cents. Sounds like a good deal to me.

But for real, sry. Last person I got memb for was Sarp (real old SE friend). When i saw the IP ban i raged and got like 60ppl membership. Glad you started to respond to my PMs lol.

@Sorrow, that was back in like March; clan leaders told me to stop nd I did.

Lol i feel like a Waseem

CRAZY JAY
05-05-2014, 01:43 PM
PM the entire list of names for a start.

Chiang
05-05-2014, 01:48 PM
PM the entire list of names for a start.

I dont keep track lol. I can cancel the memberships off paypal tho.

Thats another glitch, buy +cancel for koins xD

Anyway, ya'll shud be tahnking me. I warned u guys bout this back in November. And was told to not worry; you wont get banned.

http://imgur.com/FfEnthI.png

Edit: does this help?

http://imgur.com/JWb003o.png

WyzDM
05-05-2014, 01:59 PM
Why do I have serious trouble believing Brock would use the tongue emoticon twice in the same message.

Chiang, if anything it's your attitude and how careless you are about it that's getting me.

And nice spoiler.

Chiang
05-05-2014, 02:05 PM
Why do I have serious trouble believing Brock would use the tongue emoticon twice in the same message.

Chiang, if anything it's your attitude and how careless you are about it that's getting me.

And nice spoiler.

I shud prob treat this more seriously lol. But he sent me that for real.

http://i.imgur.com/o6k7L5y.png

CRAZY JAY
05-06-2014, 02:14 AM
Chaing I'm glad you think this stuff is funny, because all you end up doing is make it so we spend more time going through to find names that don't pay when we could be working on cool features and game balance. Your hurting the entire community.

Mystery
05-06-2014, 02:51 AM
Chaing I'm glad you think this stuff is funny, because all you end up doing is make it so we spend more time going through to find names that don't pay when we could be working on cool features and game balance. Your hurting the entire community.

I have reported this to brock already

and I can also pay back for that . Please give me a guide about what I should do

Dark Phoenix
05-07-2014, 10:49 PM
I hate to derail the current topic of the thread but I need to ask.

I have 2 accounts, one link with my mom's email, one with my dead email that I lost access to and no longer use (Although I lack a second email, I lost access to it [I'm a forgetful person and often times I lose access to things I don't care about.]).

My dead email is used for one of my accounts, it's linked with my Facebook account.

I changed my password in a hassle to gain access to my SE account, but it was for the wrong account.

I forgot my password for my account linked with Facebook.

In short: I have no access to one of my accounts, it is linked with Facebook. That is now the only way of getting into my account (Because I need my password to change the email).

Can you change my account's email remotely, so I can change the password (If you wonder why I care, it's cause my Speartons on it look insanely kew).

Nyarlathotep
05-07-2014, 11:03 PM
Go email brock at support@stickempires.com

Tecness2
05-08-2014, 07:55 AM
What IHATETHISNAME said is probably the best course of action, if he doesn't respond within 2-3 days, send me a personal message on here, and I'll see what I can do about getting his attention.

Dark Phoenix
05-08-2014, 05:00 PM
Alright, thanks.

Edit: Do I have to use Outlook? (I only have a Yahoo account)

NioXoiN
05-08-2014, 09:10 PM
eh it's happening again... my clicks are being weird.clicking in one spot with left click leads to right click always clicking there. ex: say i want to macro and send one unit to the front well i left click to select him and right to tell him to move but the unit is told to go to the previous location which was were i clicked.selecting comands such as stand still causes it to "save" again and making my units go there. same with moving the screen i must click on the edges to get it to move and then it gets stuck moving until i click somewere else.

Skeletonxf
05-09-2014, 01:44 PM
eh it's happening again... my clicks are being weird.clicking in one spot with left click leads to right click always clicking there. ex: say i want to macro and send one unit to the front well i left click to select him and right to tell him to move but the unit is told to go to the previous location which was were i clicked.selecting comands such as stand still causes it to "save" again and making my units go there. same with moving the screen i must click on the edges to get it to move and then it gets stuck moving until i click somewere else.
That seems very clientside.

NioXoiN
05-09-2014, 05:11 PM
That seems very clientside.

so how would that be fixed? sence it's not a ingame issue it must be something with my computer but what would cause that?:confused:

WyzDM
05-10-2014, 07:03 AM
NioXoin, it sounds like you're going too far to the edge of the screen. When that happens, if you mouse off the screen and try to use various commands you'll get the above problems.

Skeletonxf
05-10-2014, 07:37 AM
so how would that be fixed? sence it's not a ingame issue it must be something with my computer but what would cause that?:confused:

I find my arrow keys mess up and continue thinking they're pressed, but it's only caused by lag so I have no fix other than scrolling via the map / screen edge instead.

You could always just try all the usual cleanup stuff like disk defragmenting and trying to update your drivers.

NioXoiN
05-10-2014, 12:48 PM
it happens and lasts though like if i reload it's still there it usualy takes a few hours to go away. it pretty much is like that at random but guese it's what you said wyz. (nope not related to arrow keys at all.)

sorrowandsadness
05-12-2014, 12:32 PM
Anyone else have an issue where if an EE air is placed right, the order archer arrows will not hit it but shoot off and above, even when targeted? I have had it happen to me, and have seen it in replays, this must be a bug (and a pain in the rear one at that).

Nyarlathotep
05-12-2014, 03:55 PM
Same thing happens with bottom-of-the-map archidons.

WyzDM
05-12-2014, 04:04 PM
In general there a lot of spots where some units are invulnerable. These will eventually be fixed.

sorrowandsadness
05-15-2014, 01:38 PM
Why are Elemental Units able to attack from inside their castle? Is this on purpose or a bug?

WyzDM
05-15-2014, 03:13 PM
Why are Elemental Units able to attack from inside their castle? Is this on purpose or a bug?

Other units can do this too. Wizards can spell cast right after immediate release of being in the castle, and then garrison command to quickly return them. Es manage to do it automatically. Should still be fixed.

sorrowandsadness
05-15-2014, 03:20 PM
Other units can do this too. Wizards can spell cast right after immediate release of being in the castle, and then garrison command to quickly return them. Es manage to do it automatically. Should still be fixed.

This players fires were totally in castle I believe, I have also I think seen trees spawning scorps from inside castle and releasing them.

Phaxtolgia
05-15-2014, 09:52 PM
Glitched link/replay:
http://www.stickempires.com/play?replay=replay5641882&version=2.04
Try clicking on menu, then click quit to menu. Weird stuff starts happening. O_o

http://i61.tinypic.com/20uwvas.png
http://i62.tinypic.com/ra855c.png

stickninja0a
05-17-2014, 10:57 AM
I was just playing stick empires and we all know that a fun part of the game is customizing your army. well i needed about 40 more coins to get a new wings for my albow. so i saw that in the box right next to the crimson juggernight its says earn coins. and it said i can get 50 coins for completing the tutorial, so naturally i did do the tutorial but i did not get 50 coins.i finished the tutorial once but that was a long time ago. so im not sure if its just a one time thing or what?

Xate
05-17-2014, 11:42 AM
I was just playing stick empires and we all know that a fun part of the game is customizing your army. well i needed about 40 more coins to get a new wings for my albow. so i saw that in the box right next to the crimson juggernight its says earn coins. and it said i can get 50 coins for completing the tutorial, so naturally i did do the tutorial but i did not get 50 coins.i finished the tutorial once but that was a long time ago. so im not sure if its just a one time thing or what?
One time. So no more free 50 coins for you.

Nyarlathotep
05-17-2014, 03:20 PM
You can get the coins from your 10 a day for winning a match :)

sorrowandsadness
05-17-2014, 07:26 PM
Anyone notice their game speeds running strangely today? I had a number of matches with very very strange in game behavior, super fast firing rates for throwing units and other weird stuff, etc. The ping rate was never stable... anywhere from 130-2000, and was constantly fluxing up and down dramatically (I assume this is the cause of the strange in game stuff).

The ISP in my area had a massive failure yesterday, and maybe things are still messed up, but I also didn't know if it could be game side as well and affecting others.

jerrytt
05-17-2014, 08:28 PM
Any replays to show the super fast firing speeds? Game servers have nothing to do with ping rate, that's probably a problem with either your or the opponent's internet.

khan0944
05-18-2014, 09:20 PM
http://i.imgur.com/50lF0PI.png
2-3 weeks ago it was increasing our Classic rating if we win a DM match and here is the result of dat glitch
just don't wanna hear hacking/cheating shit about SoS members...

Phaxtolgia
05-23-2014, 09:17 PM
So as I was trying to spear-mass to take out the enemy statue, I specifically commanded my army to attack the miner wall, but attacks the enemy's army instead. I honestly think this glitch can cause huge problems in the future.

Another glitch relating to the miner wall is how when you command your own miner wall to be destroyed, the enemy's ghost giant will keep hurling rocks infinitely as if the miner was is still there.

RealCS
05-24-2014, 02:15 AM
This is a very common problem, cost me 26 points.
-Opponent quits the game halfway to avoid loss.
-THe game is stuck, takes minutes before the Opponent is lagging is showned.
-I refreshed, and end up losing.

Phaxtolgia
05-24-2014, 12:39 PM
This is a very common problem, cost me 26 points.
-Opponent quits the game halfway to avoid loss.
-THe game is stuck, takes minutes before the Opponent is lagging is showned.
-I refreshed, and end up losing.On the bold part, that's kind of your own fault. If this happens and you don't want to lose your rank, just keep the page up until either one of you lags.

But other than that, it's been a problem that was around for a long time now.

The best way to avoid this is to rank up into the higher levels because most 1000-1400ers tend to lag.

MegaMan3657
05-27-2014, 07:33 AM
I seem to have 2 problems here.
Firstly, it appears that I wait 7 minutes to be paired with an opponent on any type of match I chose (Classic or Deathmatch), select my race, and when I am taken to the screen showing my opponent's name, race and favourabililty against me, he or she would "time out" if I am the favoured person of the match. This never ever happens with an opponent who is even with or favoured above me. I think the opponent closes his window when he sees my favourability. Maybe if you go through the process of starting a match, you can only exit once the match has begun. Please fix this in your next patch.

Secondly, if my unfavoured opponent fails to cause the first cheat I mentioned to happen, and we begin the actual match, they do something where the game freezes completely, without a warning of either mine or my opponent's hardware lagging. It lasted about 2 minutes before I decided to reload the game, and when I logged myself in again, I found it declared me the loser. I lost about 15 ranking points and and don't know he could've pulled it off. Please fix this on your next patch.

Leviathan King of Pride
05-27-2014, 11:30 AM
Bombers are very weak. buff them a little bit. the Miner chaos tower doesn't explode .

59saintdane
05-27-2014, 11:53 AM
Bombers are very weak.

If you say so.

Phaxtolgia
05-27-2014, 01:17 PM
Bombers are very weak.
Then I think you may be using them wrong. They're mostly good for mid-healthed unarmored units, like swords, archers, earth, Vs etc., especially if they're in a mass.

WyzDM
05-27-2014, 07:10 PM
Bombers are very weak. buff them a little bit.

You're funny.

BenTZ
05-27-2014, 11:01 PM
Bombers are very weak. buff them a little bit. the Miner chaos tower doesn't explode .

looool. get smarter.

_Ai_
05-28-2014, 07:04 AM
Troll feeding.

Tecness2
05-28-2014, 10:00 AM
Troll feeding.
No, the troll(s) was/were the 4 idiots, who instead of trying to explain to him, a different side of an opinion, they were just dicks about it. Be nice and back on topic.
Bombers might be changed a bit soon. MIGHT.

_Ai_
05-28-2014, 12:33 PM
No, the troll(s) was/were the 4 idiots, who instead of trying to explain to him, a different side of an opinion, they were just dicks about it. Be nice and back on topic.

But seriously though. Bombs, weak? It's strong, more than anything. It's almost a fact around here.

WyzDM
05-28-2014, 09:13 PM

I don't know Tecness. There's reasonable questions like "Why don't bombers blow up the Chaos miner towers?" And then there's statements like "bombers are weak, buff them."

And the change you're actually talking about is nerfing their burn damage, which has indeed taken place. I don't mind answering to a question. But I won't answer stupidity.

Hewitt
05-28-2014, 10:40 PM
I don't know Tecness. There's reasonable questions like "Why don't bombers blow up the Chaos miner towers?" And then there's statements like "bombers are weak, buff them."

It doesn't matter if people are being dumb, in the end you and the other 3's posts have done nothing but spam the thread needlessly by picking on him in your own passive aggressive ways.

This is a warning to be nice to other users. Golden Rule.

WyzDM
05-29-2014, 02:17 PM
Fineee Hewitt. But only because you said so.

On the subject, I notice that sometimes on swamp my games will freeze with any player. Most of these matches are thankfully unrranked, but I see a common theme with the swamp map and archidon play within the first 40-50 seconds. I don't know if it's entirely coincidental, but to me it looks like a pattern (with the amount of games I play anyway, and not having any of the same behavior recently in other maps). Throwing it out there, if anyone else has thought about this please speak up.

Captured
05-29-2014, 04:43 PM
WyzDM,i agree in swamp map sometime it freeze but vs low rankers.
Bombers are not weak but in early match vs Elemental it's hard to kill fire,i tried 4 bombers to kill 1 fire but it still lives meanwhile I used 5 cats with 1 bomber but they all die while fire was kitting. My skills are of 2500 of chaos so it shouldn't be that hard to kill. But sorry to say in new update Due to decrease Of burning effect of bombers it sucks vs Ele only at start . I have lost a match vs a 2k player he was Using ele :( -30 to me.
Well it's the start, I know all empires will be equal soon.
Order=It's Easy to control but expensive units,and that take time.
Chaos=Hard to control crawlers and bombers but in start than its a peace of a cake.
Elemental= op in DM,i am not getting it yet in classic.
Extra:-Chaos and Order are Equal in DM as well as in Classic with new update also . Just Ele will take time and devs are working on it and it will be Equal too.
Stick Empires is best game ever. ♡♡

sorrowandsadness
05-29-2014, 05:32 PM
Chaos and order are in no way equal in DM, especially short maps.

WyzDM
05-29-2014, 05:50 PM
Chaos and order are in no way equal in DM, especially short maps.

Please explain why this is so.

chaos0176
05-29-2014, 06:15 PM
what, tecness and hewitt telling others to be nice? i had accepted that modding a bunch of 12 year olds made them both pricks, that is totally understandable. but hypocrites, too? interesting.

edited to acknowledge total agreement with tecness/hewitt in this case... but still :)

sorrowandsadness
05-29-2014, 06:45 PM
Please explain why this is so.

In short maps, chaos almost always follows two openings. jugger/medusa/skeleton then either two wings or two deads.

Chaos always by default takes middle. Chaos has two units out of the box that can either instant kill or guarantee killing of almost all basic order units. While order has no ability like it either way. Order thus starts the match in a fully defensive and economically disadvantages position.

Chaos generally waits to tower spawn, so 90-120 second mark. If the order player is very good, you may have 1 ninja, maybe two, at this point with shinobi 2, but often Chaos attacks as early as 60-75 seconds, well before order has any offensive ability to stop the attack. Generally, a good chaos player (not a great, just an average one) can attack, then retreat and heal for free, while the order players is slowly ground down... until the chaos player either has giant spawn or giants to tank, and it is game over. If you micro very very very well, you may be able to break the first assault. But again, you are totally disadvantaged in the opening, and the shorter the map, the worse it is for order.

Since order wizard was nerfed, order has pretty much no way to stop kiting bat wing things for chaos. The deads are in large numbers far more powerful than archers or flying archers. The juggers of chaos if you try to use a spear can easily knock the spear far back, exposing your lines... on a unit by unit basis, especially early game, chaos just shreds order... and if they get in trouble, they just walk away and heal, with no unit/gold/manna cost and control of center.

Again, the toplist says it all. If you look at DM toplist, almost all the order players are gone from the top 30. A number of chaos guys who were top 15, as soon as there premium lapsed, dropped like stones out of the top ranks. I just glanced, and not counting Fantasma (who is being pushed/cheating), there are maybe two orders players in the entire top 30 left, maybe less. A number of players, like Azrskye, never made top 20ish... until they went premium.

The new update just continues the pattern of nerfing order and buffing other empires.

WyzDM
05-29-2014, 08:08 PM
Great, cited reasons. I can work with explaining this. I never said you're wrong, but I only find this an issue on castle mostly, sometimes swamp/h'ween because of wall space but not as bad as castle.

In short maps, chaos almost always follows two openings. jugger/medusa/skeleton then either two wings or two deads.

That's not always every start. Is that a common one? Yes. But I've seen straight dead-jug, without the backrow support. Some players opt for this because being more gold focused produces a larger army in shorter time. But we can break down this specific build if you like.

Chaos always by default takes middle. Chaos has two units out of the box that can either instant kill or guarantee killing of almost all basic order units. While order has no ability like it either way. Order thus starts the match in a fully defensive and economically disadvantages position.

I wouldn't say by default, that sounds like every time exactly, but yes, a good chaos player will seize this map control early. Now, when you list two units that can pop another unit immediately, I take one to be the medusa, but I don't know what you mean for the other one. Marrows don't guarantee kills, and while the Medusa is deadly, there's a trick to fighting these types of units. When using speartons, be sure to keep spearton wall up. Marrows cant' fear them forward, and meduas can't stone kill them. Ninjas can cloak on the same tick as a stone and remain in the shonobi to strike. Using these two together is very important against this kind of aggressive start!

Chaos generally waits to tower spawn, so 90-120 second mark. If the order player is very good, you may have 1 ninja, maybe two, at this point with shinobi 2, but often Chaos attacks as early as 60-75 seconds, well before order has any offensive ability to stop the attack. Generally, a good chaos player (not a great, just an average one) can attack, then retreat and heal for free, while the order players is slowly ground down... until the chaos player either has giant spawn or giants to tank, and it is game over. If you micro very very very well, you may be able to break the first assault. But again, you are totally disadvantaged in the opening, and the shorter the map, the worse it is for order.

Your word choice here is poor in some areas, but I know what you're saying. Your first statement about towerspawn is completely subjective. I know quite a few players who don't bother with the towerspawn. Many opt not to use it after running your supposed medusa/marrow open because of the cost in resources. Most players will instead build a controlled unit to further stack their army for the approach. About retaliting with multiple ninjas, that's not good macro. You only want to use one at the start, so you can pump speartons for that defense. While 1 ninja against 1 medusa/marrow seems weak, as long as you first target the medusa, you don't need to fear the marrowkai. Just don't give him anything worth reaping.

About this free heal.... you realize that has nothing on a meric right? And I wouldn't call it free, it's only effective the more outside of combat it is. Again, chaos giants isn't something I worry about because that's 1500g, and if they're goign for a really aggressive opening, they can't spend that money yet. So yeah, chaos may have the army advantage, but you don't have to hand them the win. Play smart hold them off while you collect your economy to build your response.

Since order wizard was nerfed, order has pretty much no way to stop kiting bat wing things for chaos. The deads are in large numbers far more powerful than archers or flying archers. The juggers of chaos if you try to use a spear can easily knock the spear far back, exposing your lines... on a unit by unit basis, especially early game, chaos just shreds order... and if they get in trouble, they just walk away and heal, with no unit/gold/manna cost and control of center.

I don't find the magikill cost affecting much of anything. Deads have an advantage over archidons directly, but not in the damage sense. Deads are also slow and stuck to the ground They can't just "walk away and heal" without getting wrecked by a faster unit.

The jug knocking the spear doesn't help order, but that's not a glitch. That's designed. Chaos is all about having certain offensive edges.

Again, the toplist says it all. If you look at DM toplist, almost all the order players are gone from the top 30. A number of chaos guys who were top 15, as soon as there premium lapsed, dropped like stones out of the top ranks. I just glanced, and not counting Fantasma (who is being pushed/cheating), there are maybe two orders players in the entire top 30 left, maybe less. A number of players, like Azrskye, never made top 20ish... until they went premium.

Here, you are right. Is this direct cause of something being wrong with balance? I don't entirely think so. I will admit this does have to do with direct combat sense. As you stated early, Chaos has an advantage pressing on small maps. That's true, and it's because of how fast deads spawn. They're slightly more in cost needing 100 mana to archidons, but they have the same build speed with more positive traits for offense (not to mention a crapload of health).

The new update just continues the pattern of nerfing order and buffing other empires. You mean the new update reducing bomber burn and giving elementals some help after sucking for the last month? This I don't understand.

sorrowandsadness
05-30-2014, 05:06 PM
Wyz, thanks for responding. Don't know how to do the whole interspersed responses, so I will just talk point by point as I see helpful

First, no matter the chaos opening, even in the many top matches I have watched/seen, chaos always takes center, regardless of opening. They are just more powerful out of the box, which disadvantages order significantly. When an empire has no choice but to turtle by default, thus giving the other group center gold, center spawn, and far gold, you have already tipped the scales significantly in their favor. If each empire can't equally fight for center, it is a problem, and again, the toplist and long term play results show this.

I wouldn't say by default, that sounds like every time exactly, but yes, a good chaos player will seize this map control early. Now, when you list two units that can pop another unit immediately, I take one to be the medusa, but I don't know what you mean for the other one. Marrows don't guarantee kills, and while the Medusa is deadly, there's a trick to fighting these types of units. When using speartons, be sure to keep spearton wall up. Marrows cant' fear them forward, and meduas can't stone kill them. Ninjas can cloak on the same tick as a stone and remain in the shonobi to strike. Using these two together is very important against this kind of aggressive start!

I disagree that marrows don't guarantee kills. Any decent player will easily kill any minor unit that gets skeleton controlled out from the back. Ninja, dead. Archer, dead. Healer, dead, etc.

Your word choice here is poor in some areas, but I know what you're saying. Your first statement about towerspawn is completely subjective. I know quite a few players who don't bother with the towerspawn. Many opt not to use it after running your supposed medusa/marrow open because of the cost in resources. Most players will instead build a controlled unit to further stack their army for the approach. About retaliting with multiple ninjas, that's not good macro. You only want to use one at the start, so you can pump speartons for that defense. While 1 ninja against 1 medusa/marrow seems weak, as long as you first target the medusa, you don't need to fear the marrowkai. Just don't give him anything worth reaping.
I disagree here and think you are wrong, and that replays and other things show it. Now for you, who has insanely good micro, other options might exist that work, but that is part of the problem. Generally speaking, two people of equal skill playing each other, whoever has chaos will win, because chaos is stronger and has just enough slight advantages that stack up to screw the order player. Or as a friend puts it, chaos has three lives, order, just one. Chaos players can make multiple mistakes in a match and skill win. Order player makes a single mistake, it is game over.

About this free heal.... you realize that has nothing on a meric right? And I wouldn't call it free, it's only effective the more outside of combat it is. Again, chaos giants isn't something I worry about because that's 1500g, and if they're goign for a really aggressive opening, they can't spend that money yet. So yeah, chaos may have the army advantage, but you don't have to hand them the win. Play smart hold them off while you collect your economy to build your response.
I disagree here as well. The meric is easily reapable/killable. The healing, once paid for, is free, and heals all units at the same time, even miners... and the healing rate is so high I chased a jugger with a ninja from center, and even though the jug was already badly hurt, (this was ice map), it did not die, but made it safely to castle garrison.

I don't find the magikill cost affecting much of anything. Deads have an advantage over archidons directly, but not in the damage sense. Deads are also slow and stuck to the ground They can't just "walk away and heal" without getting wrecked by a faster unit.

To some extent I agree... but you are assuming order will have enough battle units to strike back. I think this is wishful thinking, because order rarely survives the opening...
The jug knocking the spear doesn't help order, but that's not a glitch. That's designed. Chaos is all about having certain offensive edges.

Yeah, advantages that render order advantages pretty much worthless/disadvantages... as I pointed out, all orders "strengths" are pretty much weaknesses. Stronger flying wings, worthless with kiting against chaos wings. Shield wall of spearton... worthless, chaos, just knocks them back behind the wall, destroys wall, kills miners...

Here, you are right. Is this direct cause of something being wrong with balance? I don't entirely think so. I will admit this does have to do with direct combat sense. As you stated early, Chaos has an advantage pressing on small maps. That's true, and it's because of how fast deads spawn. They're slightly more in cost needing 100 mana to archidons, but they have the same build speed with more positive traits for offense (not to mention a crapload of health).
Any other plausible reason? No. Why not? Because when players lose their premium, for instance, they drop out of the top like a stone dropped off a cliff...

You mean the new update reducing bomber burn and giving elementals some help after sucking for the last month? This I don't understand.
Reducing bomb damage was needed, but nerfing archer who already are worthless in Dm, yes, that stinks. Per EE, EE fire was already overpowered in regular match, this just makes it 10 times worse... a fire and an earth will crush an archer and sword with absurd ease. So here again, order players are screwed in a whole setup (regular match versus EE), they have no hope out of the box of taking center, and are forced to turtle, be behind economically etc.

The increased healing for EE was also ridiculous... I have watched and been in multiple matches were all the EE has to do is mass that fire _ earth charrog thing, and attack with them all... and just send water units to heal them... they have a ton of health, and are almost impossible to kill since the healing is so easy and effective.

I have had two CA, magikill, poison, electric wall, and wings all hitting a group of them, and not a single one died...
Here is the thing WYZ, this debate could easily be settled. The creators of the game could easily create a tracking algorithm that would show if the game is balanced by tracking matches and adjusting for basic variables. I don't think it is at all necessary, I think the evidence is ridiculously clear (toplist, and the effect of people gaining or dropping premium on their rankings in those toplist, and a quick perusal of the replay list for a number of days), and the overall dropping number of players and why they quit shows it. I know a ton of the players who quit. Why they quit? Order isn't a viable empire. They get tired of suddenly getting crushed by people they easily beat in OvO. They get tired of order nerfs and other empire buffs, when order is barely holding place in the toplists...They get tired of watching the toplist fill up with mediocre players who merely mine the many advantages premiums get.

Now, I don't even mind that so much, the game makers deserve to make money. I wish they would monetize the game differently, but they know the market. People will pay to win. but don't be surprised when people stop being willing to be beat by less skilled people merely because those people have cash. They will take their game playing elsewhere... indeed, tons of players already have.

Skeletonxf
06-01-2014, 01:59 PM
The creators of the game could easily create a tracking algorithm that would show if the game is balanced by tracking matches and adjusting for basic variables.

Just no
http://www.sirlin.net/blog/2014/4/18/game-balance-and-yomi.html

spartanotaku
06-01-2014, 02:05 PM
Found a glitch with archers. Invincibility glitch FTW
www.stickempires.com/play?replay=replay5840237&version=2.05
www.stickempires.com/play?replay=replay5840383&version=2.05

lazar72
06-02-2014, 01:31 PM
Found a glitch with archers. Invincibility glitch FTW
www.stickempires.com/play?replay=replay5840237&version=2.05
www.stickempires.com/play?replay=replay5840383&version=2.05
Well dude,its an old glitch.You can do same with eclipsors.You can go with eclipsor to the corner and castle archer and Castle dead can't shot you.It works too when eclipsor is on top of screen and archer is on bottom,archer will always miss eclips.That bug can't be fixed(Waseem1104 asked brock and CJ can they fix that bug and they said that this bug just can't be fixed).

NioXoiN
06-02-2014, 07:10 PM
why not just make it so eclipsores can't go that far out to achieve the glitch in the firstplace?

_Ai_
06-02-2014, 08:41 PM
why not just make it so eclipsores can't go that far out to achieve the glitch in the firstplace?

I think it's the same glitch that occurs with all units.

Skeletonxf
06-03-2014, 02:06 PM
why not just make it so eclipsors can't go that far out to achieve the glitch in the firstplace?

This? Or did the devs already consider that too?

Phaxtolgia
06-03-2014, 02:16 PM
Found moar bugs in replays. http://i.snag.gy/3uXjq.jpg (http://i.snag.gy/3uXjq.jpg)

pottygoboomboom
06-03-2014, 04:15 PM
When I win, My opponent gets coins and ratings. When I lose, I get rating and coins

WyzDM
06-05-2014, 05:48 PM
Bombers are back to 2.04. Don't know when this started again but it took 2 games of Yaz eco rushing to help me figure it out.

Mystery
06-05-2014, 09:23 PM
Bombers are back to 2.04. Don't know when this started again but it took 2 games of Yaz eco rushing to help me figure it out.

so there is no nerf for bomber again? o_O

WyzDM
06-06-2014, 02:08 PM
so there is no nerf for bomber again? o_O

Burn in general.
www.stickempires.com/play?replay=replay5881389&version=2.05

Captured
06-09-2014, 03:25 AM
www.stickempires.com/play?replay=replay5906602&version=2.05
I HAS reported this bug 10 times,but this time its new...in past it was same www.stickempires.com/play?replay=replay3293673&version=1.78
CRAZYJAY and Brock i always report this bug....but it's been a year it's still their.

In past:-
10.08.2013,funniest bug i ever found,My Spearton started attacking My Magi xD
http://www.stickempires.com/play?replay=replay2839054&version=1.76

brock said:-
wow,

I have never seen that!

Looking into this now. Did you click on the magikill to start him attacking it?

-Brock

and the answer of this was
Hey,

Figured it out. Your spearton had his magikill targeted. His magikill died and your new one spawned on your team using the same recycled instance of the magikill. There was no frame where that magikill appeared to be dead so it never untargetted him! Easy fix.

Thanks.

BloodxHunter
06-11-2014, 05:00 AM
When I watch replays, the footage freezes unless the mouse is moving

khan0944
06-11-2014, 06:59 AM
When I watch replays, the footage freezes unless the mouse is moving

It happens to me too.

Captured
06-16-2014, 04:24 AM
SE of Bugs defined by me and Xxspikes.It will be good if these bugs will be fixed check this out
www.stickempires.com/play?replay=replay5974275&version=2.05
www.stickempires.com/play?replay=replay5974327&version=2.05
www.stickempires.com/play?replay=replay5974409&version=2.05

Bonus all in One Replay All bugs though
www.stickempires.com/play?replay=replay5974684&version=2.05

Azxc
06-19-2014, 06:52 AM
I found a weird bug, where bombers can "freeze" a spearton ghost

www.stickempires.com/play?replay=replay6002112&version=2.05

I guess it is rare, but I just let you know

whuchurface
06-24-2014, 03:03 AM
the verify email wont come up...ever

Tecness2
06-24-2014, 07:23 AM
the verify email wont come up...ever
What email service are you using? Are you using facebook or standalone client? I need a bit more details than that.

ethan819
06-24-2014, 10:16 AM
Here is a replay:
www.stickempires.com/play?replay=replay6054926&version=2.05

In this replay, my opponent's statue fell before anything happened. There wasn't even time to train a swordsman, but his statue fell instantly.

ethan819
06-24-2014, 10:17 AM
Nevermind, he probably just forfeited.

whuchurface
06-24-2014, 01:59 PM
What email service are you using? Are you using facebook or standalone client? I need a bit more details than that.

i use hotmail with a client

Tecness2
06-24-2014, 03:21 PM
i use hotmail with a client
Sorry, client was a poor choice of words. Do you use http://www.stickempires.com/play or the facebook version or did you download it from a third party?
Did you check your junk/spam folder as well?

whuchurface
06-24-2014, 08:00 PM
Sorry, client was a poor choice of words. Do you use http://www.stickempires.com/play or the facebook version or did you download it from a third party?
Did you check your junk/spam folder as well?

i have checked every folder and i signed up when it was in alpha on the site

_Ai_
06-24-2014, 09:10 PM
This May or may not be related to the question, but why are you checking your mail after 2 years after the game has been released...? You might've accidentally deleted the mail.

whuchurface
06-24-2014, 11:02 PM
no i tried to resend it and it says its sent but it didnt

HattoriHakuya
06-25-2014, 09:38 PM
On my main account, HattoriHakuya #551, I can't find any classic or DM matches. Tried being in queue for like 600 seconds with nothing. Custom matches work fine. Was inactive for 3 days. Works on my friends account on the same computer, so it isn't a computer or internet problem.

khan0944
06-25-2014, 10:31 PM
On my main account, HattoriHakuya #551, I can't find any classic or DM matches. Tried being in queue for like 600 seconds with nothing. Custom matches work fine. Was inactive for 3 days. Works on my friends account on the same computer, so it isn't a computer or internet problem.

SE match making system is currently screwed up so just go play some other game till they fix it

Trensicourt
06-26-2014, 08:06 AM
My games keep freezing and everytime I exit out I lose. This leaves a permanent stain on very good win rate of 7:1..... Can the devs fix this? It is frustrating to have my reputation staiined.

PUMU
06-26-2014, 12:39 PM
shadows should not be able to escape waters by cloaking

kingskybomber14
06-26-2014, 03:03 PM
i've played a few games where i was about to win then it didn't count due to "out of sync". Is it possible that players could be forcing an out of sync error to maintain their rating?

Nyarlathotep
06-26-2014, 08:47 PM
shadows should not be able to escape waters by cloaking

why not? There's no way to deal with a V any other way really.

WyzDM
06-27-2014, 09:40 AM
You can just swam V huehuehuehuehuehue

Nyarlathotep
06-27-2014, 06:34 PM
swam V. Never considered that. They should add water maps, that would be cool I guess.

_Ai_
06-28-2014, 04:25 AM
I can't see water elementals if that happens.

Skeletonxf
06-28-2014, 11:24 AM
swam V. Never considered that. They should add water maps, that would be cool I guess.

Or a map with a flooded centre that slows unit travel.
That could be cool, if it could ever be balanced.

BloodxHunter
06-28-2014, 02:09 PM
High ground overlooking the battlefield high enough for ground units to attack air units(Of course if they're close enough),
Water(shallow and deep types?), Shallow slows, Deep is passable only by flying or unarmored,
Bridges to cross over obstacles or from High ground to High ground,
Ruined objects in your way that must be destroyed to move forward,
Multiple towers to capture and defend, And uh... 2v2 matches one on top of the other, with little pathways going up to the other one for teamwork and reinforcing your allies?

Balance a terrain element, with another one on the other side. So it's symmetrical.

> We know global spells and new map types are coming, would you guys like me to make a new tread about what we'd like to see?

_Ai_
06-28-2014, 11:14 PM
You need to think more about balancing.

Skeletonxf
06-29-2014, 05:32 AM
is passable only by

No, that would do more harm than good if it forced some units out of the game.

BloodxHunter
06-29-2014, 01:59 PM
No, that would do more harm than good if it forced some units out of the game.

It never would force certain units out, Not with the bridge 2 pixels away from it.
you guys talk about balance as if I only want things lopsided

Skeletonxf
06-29-2014, 02:05 PM
It never would force certain units out, Not with the bridge 2 pixels away from it.
you guys talk about balance as if I only want things lopsided

Try making an asymmetric game and come back to me telling me balance is an easy thing to do...

BloodxHunter
06-29-2014, 08:16 PM
Try making an asymmetric game and come back to me telling me balance is an easy thing to do...

way to miss my point that you're trying to make.
yes, symmetry.

Skeletonxf
07-01-2014, 06:49 AM
Do you even understand what the terms mean?

Dazzy
07-02-2014, 06:24 AM
way to miss my point that you're trying to make.
yes, symmetry.

...what

You just confused me hard.

Also, 2v2 would be niiiice. Except lag. In a flash game.

Skeletonxf
07-02-2014, 03:30 PM
Also, 2v2 would be niiiice. Except lag. In a flash game.
2v2 on a really small map with pop caps of 50 each player just maybe?

Xate
07-03-2014, 08:36 AM
2v2 on a really small map with pop caps of 50 each player just maybe?
200 pops total for 4 players.

E/E vs E/E

Mass Trees. Scorpions. Shit ton.

OOS.

Surprise? :D

Skeletonxf
07-03-2014, 11:34 AM
200 pops total for 4 players.

E/E vs E/E

Mass Trees. Scorpions. Shit ton.
OOS.
Surprise? :D
Okay, but 200 isn't a lot more than the 160 cap currently.

And y'know, trees could be nerfed before a 2v2 comes out. :P

I would so like to see bombers and swords working together or earths shielding archers early.

jerrytt
07-03-2014, 11:57 AM
Lol Tree start with bomber support. Where is your rage now?? >: D

Nyarlathotep
07-03-2014, 12:10 PM
Some possibilities to counter

6 CA

Quad chaos tower

Quad wall

Skeletonxf
07-03-2014, 02:22 PM
Lol Tree start with bomber support. Where is your rage now?? >: D

Rage?

Tree counter with more tree :P

_Ai_
07-04-2014, 12:33 PM
Some possibilities to counter

6 CA

Quad chaos tower

Quad wall

V's.
Infernos.
Magikills.
Merics.
Trees.
And most important of all....

Blind Gate.

WyzDM
07-04-2014, 02:06 PM
1) Slow game down (be a slower player)

2) Research units for tower

3) Throw bombers everywhere

4) ???

5) Profit!

www.stickempires.com/play?replay=replay6146907&version=2.07

Skeletonxf
07-04-2014, 02:38 PM
Froze at 2:06?

Phaxtolgia
07-05-2014, 11:44 AM
Is it just me or why the hell is my army attacking the opponent army when I specifically commanded them to attack the miner wall?

Dazzy
07-06-2014, 03:05 AM
Maybe cause you can't attack a wall if there are units in front if it.

Skeletonxf
07-06-2014, 07:18 AM
Maybe cause you can't attack a wall if there are units in front if it.

I thought you could, at least with projectiles. O.o

Mystery
07-06-2014, 08:22 AM
I am not sure if that is my own problem

but in the 2.05 patch, most of the games I did not sense lag at all, and the ping is most likely maximum 200ping, or lower

now in 2.07, every of my game is over 300 ping, sometimes even 900 or 1000 . which brings horrible lag
I don't understand why this happens to me . I think my internet stays the same as before, but it just changes much
and this greatly affects my play

Wither
07-06-2014, 09:38 PM
Always laggin' out. Connection timed out

Phaxtolgia
07-06-2014, 09:46 PM
Maybe cause you can't attack a wall if there are units in front if it.Well I attacked the wall with melee units and no army was blocking the wall. Instead my units went for the enemy army that was behind my own army.

Always laggin' out. Connection timed out
That's either you or your opponent. Play with lowest quality and screen, and have nothing else running. If all else fails, get a better internet service.

Dazzy
07-07-2014, 06:03 AM
Terry did you A-move the wall or actually attack it?

penguinsrule254
07-08-2014, 05:52 PM
The game freezes and lags way to often!

Mystery
07-10-2014, 02:24 AM
2.07 version is kinda a joke compared with the previous 2.05

Not sure why, but lag is way more common in 2.07 version, and very unstable ping all the time
I am quite sure my internet is better than most players , but lag still exists for me all the time

Another thing is the empire power balance

since 2.07 had been released, I did not even see more than 5 elemental players in top live replays everyday
that means every top player knows how weak is elemental

We players pay to have more fun in using other empires, not pay money and then play an underpowered empire to lose

Since I did not use chaos and only depended on elemental, with all those nerf of elemental, I could not think of any reason to pay for membership again and I just stopped my membership.

Dazzy
07-10-2014, 02:45 AM
Mystery, have faith in CJ and Brock. They'll balance it over time.

Skeletonxf
07-10-2014, 07:33 AM

And until then I guess mystery doesn't need to pay for gold. :P

Mystery
07-10-2014, 11:26 AM

just to say, last month was the last time I paid for membership

but I did not even receive my 1000 gold for three weeks

sent an email for three weeks and still no reply received.

Account : TZxmystery code 298

vethersw
07-10-2014, 08:45 PM
It won't send confirmation email to my friend his username is Oshkosh.

_Ai_
07-11-2014, 12:16 AM
And speaking of which, I never received the 300 gold per month. It's been almost a year since I had membership. Account is TZxAi 175

Left4Nerd
07-13-2014, 11:55 AM
I fogget my password but I don't receive the email ;-;

Tecness2
07-13-2014, 12:36 PM
I fogget my password but I don't receive the email ;-;
Check your junk email.

Left4Nerd
07-13-2014, 01:26 PM
Nope, nothing

stick ninja101
07-15-2014, 12:03 PM
:mad:i'm having a problem with this player on stick empires. He's constantly using bad language and is a total pest. How can i report or block him?

stick ninja101
07-15-2014, 12:04 PM
by the way his username is spectral123 if anyone might find that useful

CatNova
07-16-2014, 08:45 AM
I have lost my password, and when i try to recover it, (i'm assuming) my email filters it as spam and deletes the new password email. Any ways to fix this?

Nyarlathotep
07-16-2014, 09:54 AM
Check the trash folder then, perhaps?

jdcarroll
07-16-2014, 10:38 AM
Registered for account but no confirmation email. Checked spam, trash, etc. The email for the forum got through though obviously. And when I try to re-register the userName and email are both reported as already taken so I know they are in the system. Just no email.

Tecness2
07-16-2014, 01:56 PM
Blocking is a feature that may be coming in the future, but I'm not entirely sure.
The email system is having problems as is being worked on. Until then, don't change your passwords and register using facebook.

RealCS
07-17-2014, 12:53 AM
I won a game against a this guy but I lost 30 elo points???

www.stickempires.com/play?replay=replay6234168&version=2.07

mariammeer
07-31-2014, 12:02 PM
I have 2 accounts when I'm trying to play the counting of finding match to play is reach more than 2000 and still don't have a chance to play this happened with my both accounts. now I have third account that one is still fine I can use it to play can any one help me with my previous accounts

Phaxtolgia
07-31-2014, 04:01 PM
I have 2 accounts when I'm trying to play the counting of finding match to play is reach more than 2000 and still don't have a chance to play this happened with my both accounts. now I have third account that one is still fine I can use it to play can any one help me with my previous accountsUmm can you explain in more detail? What do you mean you don't have a chance to play?

_Ai_
08-01-2014, 05:23 AM
I think hes trying to match his two accs.

mariammeer
08-01-2014, 08:13 AM
I mean when I'm trying to play the count of finding match or DM reach more than 2000 and still can't play, that day I wait tell it reach 5000 and I did not get any chance to play. this is my third week and still can't play. I did use another pc and still facing the same thing.

funnyfingers
08-01-2014, 07:16 PM
soo just wanted to say nice chat box in SE epic stuff maybe tho you can huh get a some mods in there might help^^

BenTZ
08-01-2014, 09:13 PM
Deathmatch: C v E
Cycloid is Imbalanced. Tornado should be nerfed. The range of the Tornado

http://pastebin.com/N7gZnYaw

Already send an email regarding this.

[ER]NightHunter
08-02-2014, 03:02 AM
You should make a system that bans or mute spammers in the game lobby chat.

Nyarlathotep
08-02-2014, 03:53 AM

Tornado is fine. It's difficult to land and cycloids are expensive as hell.

Skeletonxf
08-02-2014, 04:07 AM
Tornado is fine. It's difficult to land and cycloids are expensive as hell.

I literally thought I was about to read Cycloid should be buffed. In classic it's so weak against other air units.

THatone Gamer
08-02-2014, 04:40 AM

You need mages to counter this, just get marrowkais or medusas. Marrowkai's can just reap cycloids to dead and can take care of ground units with that hellfist, and we all know what medusa can do once the protect spell wears off. heck i think even the turrets can be usefull for some serious peak damage.

Like Ihatethisname said tornado is fine and cycloids are still freaking expensive and changing and balancing things JUST for DM will make it even more of a problem for ele to take care of chaos in Classic as there still UP.

Phaxtolgia
08-02-2014, 10:54 AM
On Opera (browser) when I try to use Ctrl+(Unit number,) the game thinks I'm trying to make a unit.

Also ban Viktor30 and 612104. They're spamming non-stop in chat.

There should be a filter system that prevents the player from saying the same thing over 3 times, a flood filter (or spam filter,) ect.

The cursing filter also has problems; When I tried typing "Grass Hills' it unnecessarily censored the "ass" part of Grass Hill.

Oh and one more thing:

http://i.snag.gy/aAUeL.jpg

As you control the miner, when you move your cursor from the furthest top gold patch to several pixels above it, the game will think it wants me to use pray on the miner. Long story short, the pray hitbox area (or whatever it's called) is really awkward and a tad out of place.

jli
08-03-2014, 08:32 AM
Just a few things:

What terry said about the cursing filter: lol c'mon brock, someone was a little lazy with StringReplace :P
Also, I think there definitely needs to be some way to moderate the chat, other than via membership as CJ mentioned.

ImpossiblePIE
08-03-2014, 07:46 PM
@Terry yeah I was there when victor was spamming and the miner thing happens to everyone :P

_Ai_
08-04-2014, 03:09 AM
On opera/Firefox, the shortcuts doesn't work, like terry said. It doesn't register the ctrl, just the numbers.

BenTZ
08-04-2014, 09:20 AM
ummm.... why is the word "hello" censored

Skeletonxf
08-04-2014, 10:23 AM
ummm.... why is the word "hello" censored

Probably because it includes hell in it?

_Ai_
08-05-2014, 12:29 AM
Why the **** is **** censored? It's just a ******* ****o.

Nyarlathotep
08-05-2014, 02:57 AM
Uh oh looks like brock got lazy with the stringreplace.

59saintdane
08-11-2014, 06:03 PM
On Opera (browser) when I try to use Ctrl+(Unit number,) the game thinks I'm trying to make a unit.

Also ban Viktor30 and 612104. They're spamming non-stop in chat.

There should be a filter system that prevents the player from saying the same thing over 3 times, a flood filter (or spam filter,) ect.

The cursing filter also has problems; When I tried typing "Grass Hills' it unnecessarily censored the "ass" part of Grass Hill.

Oh and one more thing:

http://i.snag.gy/aAUeL.jpg

As you control the miner, when you move your cursor from the furthest top gold patch to several pixels above it, the game will think it wants me to use pray on the miner. Long story short, the pray hitbox area (or whatever it's called) is really awkward and a tad out of place.

What I usually do is click a bit ahead of the gold mine, then aim my click more precisely as the miner is already walking. I still agree with you though, the praying hitbox should be smaller.

HDG
08-12-2014, 11:49 AM
super lag or something i cant do anything

HattoriHakuya
08-24-2014, 07:07 AM
Elemental units keep crashing. This is pretty devastating in a fight since airs have a slow attack to begin with. And its not just airs, its every elemental unit. They're attack gets reset and the animation starts all over if you click attack again(either the common button or the click-to-attack a specific unit)

PUMU
08-24-2014, 10:11 AM
bombers occasionally do this too. they either wont attack things within range, cancel and reset, or stop moving when told to atk

THatone Gamer
08-24-2014, 11:57 AM
bombers occasionally do this too. they either wont attack things within range, cancel and reset, or stop moving when told to atk
I noticed Air elementals have this same bug problem aswell

Skeletonxf
08-25-2014, 04:04 PM
I noticed Air elementals have this same bug problem aswell

Yup. It's very annoying as attack anim canceling them can have huge negative consequences but if you don't attack spam they stop following retreating units.
>.<

BloodxHunter
08-25-2014, 08:37 PM
but if you don't attack spam they stop following retreating units.
>.<

A-moving at their base doesn't work?

Skeletonxf
08-29-2014, 03:48 AM
A-moving at their base doesn't work?

Can't say I've tried. I shall test and get back to you.
Tested: Yup, that cancels the possess AS WELL >.<

BloodxHunter
09-04-2014, 08:02 PM
The new armory is telling me I have to buy the default scorpling armor. I never equipped anything else and it's still shows on my units.
But It still gives me the option to buy it.

PUMU
09-06-2014, 12:08 AM
Is this detail affecting you that much you couldn't resist posting about it? XD
Anywho, yes it happens to me a few times.
As long as it doesn't disable your armory selection it shouldn't be too much of a problem right?

_Ai_
09-06-2014, 12:19 AM
This is the bug/problems thread no? I don't see the harm of him posting what irregularities he found here.

PUMU
09-06-2014, 12:25 AM
Gotcha.
My thought was simply why worry about something that doesn't really affect anything.
Like, "omg... A pixel on the screen is irregularly dark I can't enjoy myself" ya know?
Oh!
While I'm here.
Why can marrows cast reaper spell on fully garrisoned units? Namely this has happened to me on a cycloid I needed.

Nyarlathotep
09-06-2014, 01:03 AM
Why can marrows cast reaper spell on fully garrisoned units? Namely this has happened to me on a cycloid I needed.

V can also control garrisoned units and tele into garrison.

Also, I don't think he can cast directly on things that are garrisoned, just on things that are about to garrisoned. Like how they can reap ninjas in shinobi if they cast before they go into stealth.

PUMU
09-06-2014, 01:56 AM
Why does the reaper effect apply then if shadows can escape waters from shinobi?

Nyarlathotep
09-06-2014, 02:04 AM
Why does the reaper effect apply then if shadows can escape waters from shinobi?

because you cant use abilities while reaped but you can while frozen.

PUMU
09-06-2014, 04:07 AM
Why?
Doesn't that ignore the purpose?
How am I supposed to catch it without a unit of similar speed?

THatone Gamer
09-06-2014, 04:22 AM
Why?
Doesn't that ignore the purpose?
How am I supposed to catch it without a unit of similar speed?

By making your water position in such a way the ninja has to run into it to escape, its not very hard to do.

HashBrownTrials
09-06-2014, 07:46 AM
Yeah, just need good micro.

PUMU
09-06-2014, 08:59 PM
Plz read the previous page guys.
I'm saying I already caught the shadow. To defend my important units.
It defeats the purpose if they can simply shinobi out of frozen status.

Nyarlathotep
09-06-2014, 09:19 PM

It means they have to waste shinobi to get away from a water.

_Ai_
09-06-2014, 09:31 PM
Combined with the fact that water can virtually freeze anytime... Yeah. They wasted a shinobi.

THatone Gamer
09-07-2014, 03:30 AM

By moving your important units further away so the the ninja cannot reach them anymore because they wasted cloak to get free and nearly all "important units" walk faster then a cloaked ninja anyway.

PUMU
09-07-2014, 06:49 PM
However if they have units your trying to get to. You are further away then one would like to be.
Infernoes namely.
Leaving a water at that great a distance will end up with a dead water. And more than likely you will have to have ranged units or scorps to kill it.
It still seems kind of retarded.
Waters can freeze at any time sure.
However he can switch targets at any time and come back again afterwards. Dodging the water by going either up or to the bottom of the map and running back. Which is my main point.
Why should they even have the ability to shinobi after frozen?

BloodxHunter
09-07-2014, 09:15 PM
However if they have units your trying to get to. You are further away then one would like to be.
Infernoes namely.
Leaving a water at that great a distance will end up with a dead water. And more than likely you will have to have ranged units or scorps to kill it.
However he can switch targets at any time and come back again afterwards. Dodging the water by going either up or to the bottom of the map and running back. Which is my main point.

'Cause he's a Ninja! DUH! jk
Either it's a glitch the devs haven't addressed. Or since Shinobi can be used defensively aswell as scouting and assassination, just another way to get your shadow out of a bind.

Skeletonxf
09-13-2014, 05:18 PM
Infernoes namely.
One cycloid and a bit of guesswork can prevent shinobi kills.

PUMU
09-14-2014, 09:36 AM
seems unlikely

Skeletonxf
09-14-2014, 10:26 AM
seems unlikely

Move spell casters a little bit from each other and wait till you can tell which spellcaster was targeted by the ninja, then all you do is cast protect on that one to keep it safe.

PUMU
09-14-2014, 01:06 PM
he can simply switch targets unless u time perfectly.

Skeletonxf
09-14-2014, 01:19 PM
he can simply switch targets unless u time perfectly.
Shinobi walking is quite slow though, you only need to stall out if he's switching for a few seconds

Plus having = or more cycloids per other spell casters allows you to shield all of them.

PUMU
09-14-2014, 01:29 PM
hm... meanwhile u have 6 casters taking up huge amounts of pop. even if u save them... they can simply come back. if v"s u have archers. if inferns depends where u are + proficiency

Skeletonxf
09-15-2014, 01:45 PM
hm... meanwhile u have 6 casters taking up huge amounts of pop. even if u save them... they can simply come back. if v"s u have archers. if inferns depends where u are + proficiency
Yeah, I like making my spell casters after the fight starts so any prior ninja attacks can only take out half of the to be caster.

seaheally
09-21-2014, 02:19 PM
This has happened to me twice now, but every so often the game will record that the person lost has won. (so i've won a game, but it counted my win as a loss)

Phaxtolgia
09-21-2014, 02:38 PM
This has happened to me twice now, but every so often the game will record that the person lost has won. (so i've won a game, but it counted my win as a loss)Screenshot please? I've never heard of such a bug before.

Usman
09-22-2014, 11:00 AM
I've heard of this bug and I think it still exists and is because of some syncing and connection prob;ems t be simple

Fearfox01
09-22-2014, 12:53 PM
not sure it consider a bug.Or if the guy cheated but his spearton with through all my spearton in shield wall mode a lot of them. www.stickempires.com/play?replay=replay6821782&version=2.16

_Ai_
09-22-2014, 05:10 PM
If I understood correctly, your saying the enemy speartons can walk through your speartons in wall mode? Well that's not a bug or a hack or anything, it's a perfectly normal occurrence.

59saintdane
09-22-2014, 06:14 PM
Yeah. The only way to really block enemy units (apart from miner walls) is by using shield bash.
Unless you're trying to say that your speartons had shield bash and the enemy ignored it--but that's not what it sounded like. More likely due to a bit of a misunderstanding of game mechanics on your part.

SPECIALPOLICE
09-26-2014, 12:50 PM
i press 2 membership 3.99$ for 1 month and pay to the paypal,but not play Elemental and chaos why? :(

HashBrownTrials
09-26-2014, 09:16 PM
i press 2 membership 3.99$ for 1 month and pay to the paypal,but not play Elemental and chaos why? :(
Wrong place to say that in here buddy, go look for an admin or developer, PM them.

Usman
09-26-2014, 10:21 PM
Email the support.

Denpants
10-17-2014, 04:17 PM
Currently there is a server hack that does not allow anyone to play using the play match or deathmatch.

PUMU
10-17-2014, 04:30 PM
i can confirm this.
absolutely no one can play atm

Usman
10-17-2014, 10:15 PM
Currently there is a server hack that does not allow anyone to play using the play match or deathmatch.

Not a server hack bro, its just a server down thingy, they're down thats why

PUMU
10-17-2014, 11:32 PM
when can we expect this to be remedied?

Ordwiz
10-20-2014, 09:39 AM
I think the Scorpling bug came back with the last update. :(

I have no screenshots,though, but the replay:
www.stickempires.com/play?replay=replay7105049&version=2.17

It starts about 7:00 minutes when the Scorplings on the lower part of the map can only be hit by melee units.

At 11:45, even Magikill spells are useless unless you cast poison spray.

Edited part: There's also the treature bug that came back: www.stickempires.com/play?replay=replay7134554&version=2.17

At the sixth minute, he was able to move his treatures into the base and make them spawn scorplings from the safe place.

LilShadowlord
10-26-2014, 08:40 AM
I went to buy membership but it won't let me do it with PayPal so I went to check for another way of payment but there was none can you fix PayPal that way I can get Gold Membership.

Phaxtolgia
10-28-2014, 08:51 PM
Edited part: There's also the treature bug that came back: www.stickempires.com/play?replay=replay7134554&version=2.17

At the sixth minute, he was able to move his treatures into the base and make them spawn scorplings from the safe place.That's always been there; this can also be done with the V. However it is concerning though.

nutsophast
11-01-2014, 01:09 AM
I think the Scorpling bug came back with the last update. :(

I have no screenshots,though, but the replay:
www.stickempires.com/play?replay=replay7105049&version=2.17

It starts about 7:00 minutes when the Scorplings on the lower part of the map can only be hit by melee units.

At 11:45, even Magikill spells are useless unless you cast poison spray.

At the sixth minute, he was able to move his treatures into the base and make them spawn scorplings from the safe place.

Not a bug, but I think it should be removed, as well as ninjas using shinobi to get out of ice.

Ilraon
11-08-2014, 05:27 AM
It often happens, I do not know if it's because of the person, but it seems so, that the game suffers heavy network problems. HEAVY.
In fact, the 2 seconds delay make the game unplayable, and at random times it freezes between 10 seconds and an unlimited number of minutes ; the worst I've stayed was 4 minutes because I was trying to make a SE presentation video (let me just tell I did not, because that bug sucked).
Finally, you are forced to quit the game, and that counts as a loss. Combined to the lack of different players, it makes you play twice or three times in a row against the same laggy opponent, which downgrades the rating by around 50 points.

Nyarlathotep
11-08-2014, 02:29 PM
It's probably your internet, your opponent's internet, or an unholy combination of both, because I almost never have that problem unless I'm against someone laggy.

Endertamer1
11-16-2014, 11:36 AM
I bought the gold membership and all it did was give me gold. I tried twice now but it still didn't work. Wasted my money on it...

Nyarlathotep
11-16-2014, 07:07 PM
I bought the gold membership and all it did was give me gold. I tried twice now but it still didn't work. Wasted my money on it...

It might take up to a day for it to work. Just try and wait. If not, contact support@stickempires.com and they'll fix it.

Jiller2006
11-23-2014, 05:28 PM
It seems that when you guys put the update on forever lasting membership my went away and I dont know why??:confused:

HashBrownTrials
11-23-2014, 08:03 PM
PM CJ or Brock.

MasterKaito
11-27-2014, 04:36 PM
Glitch with charrog spam. They get weird health bars after I make them farther into the game. And they don't heal in garrison. Even if I forge a 100% healthy fire and earth, they make the weird hp bar and have low health.http://oi60.tinypic.com/v7h7vr.jpghttp://oi60.tinypic.com/a4sgue.jpg

Drizzle
11-27-2014, 06:16 PM
Is auto-scrolling considered as a problem?

MasterKaito
11-28-2014, 03:08 AM
I posted something here yest. What happened to it :O took me ages to obtain evidence :O

Tecness2
11-28-2014, 09:36 AM
I posted something here yest. What happened to it :O took me ages to obtain evidence :O
Yes, seeing your name here and not a post was annoying.
It was most likely not yet approved, and should be taken care of AI, if it isn't.
Otherwise, I have no clue as to why your post isn't here.

BenTZ
11-29-2014, 02:14 PM
Please limit the number of times users can press the enter key- thanks

this is what happens- when no mods are online :/
gg

http://i.imgur.com/WAIAFcZ.gif
http://i.imgur.com/nl3SImq.gif
http://i.imgur.com/7P0FMD7.gif

Skeletonxf
11-29-2014, 02:55 PM
Pressing the enter key posts your message normally. I think comments just need to be rejected if they contain more than 1 enter key character.

ultimateshadow99
11-30-2014, 07:50 PM
i bought membership got the coins but never recived membership D; help please

Nyarlathotep
11-30-2014, 07:56 PM
i bought membership got the coins but never recived membership D; help please

It can take up to 24 hours to receive membership after you buy it.

Phaxtolgia
12-01-2014, 08:48 PM
Please limit the number of times users can press the enter key- thanks

this is what happens- when no mods are online :/
gg

http://i.imgur.com/WAIAFcZ.gif
http://i.imgur.com/nl3SImq.gif
http://i.imgur.com/7P0FMD7.gifAt least he's helping out clean the chat. XDD

Jokes aside, that must be annoying as eff, especially if you're trying to respond to someone, but u forgot what they said, so you decided to scroll up, only to have a big block of nothing stop you. >>
Also I think this is a really long spam of the spacebar, not the "Enter" key, since it would send a reply.

CJ/Brock should make a function where players cannot enter 10 or more of the same characters simultaneously in a single chat, say the same message for the next 5 seconds, and type past like no more than 200 characters.

Skeletonxf
12-02-2014, 09:52 AM
Also I think this is a really long spam of the spacebar, not the "Enter" key, since it would send a reply.

CJ/Brock should make a function where players cannot enter 10 or more of the same characters in a single chat, say the same message for the next 5 seconds, and type past like no more than 200 characters.
Oh gosh no, that would be too overkill. You're going to say 11 es in 140 characters far too many times.
There's already a character limit for messages
Also, users can type enters in an external program and paste them into their ingame chat, so they don't have to use spaces (and the char limit wouldn't let them do so much wiping anyway with just space)

As for same message, sometimes you need to say 'yes' twice or 'ok' or even use smiley faces twice in a short space of time to respond to people. Perhaps a block on repeating a message 3 times would be good, but I think allowing mods to police what is and isn't spam would work much better.

jerrytt
12-02-2014, 07:44 PM
just filter enter keys out the same way they filter swear words. Maybe without the @#$% though. turning enter keys into spaces gets rid of the problem very easily.

(and skeleton its even easier than that. pressing enter in the middle of the message opposed to the end of it doesnt send it to the chat I think.)

MasterKaito
12-03-2014, 12:14 AM
I will tell you how people spam with the enter key:

(insert text)<1/2> <3> enter key spam <1/2>(insert text)

The enter key is considered one character, so this is why so much space is 'erased.'

Skeletonxf
12-03-2014, 09:52 AM
just filter enter keys out the same way they filter swear words. Maybe without the @#$% though. turning enter keys into spaces gets rid of the problem very easily.

(and skeleton its even easier than that. pressing enter in the middle of the message opposed to the end of it doesnt send it to the chat I think.)
Oh my gosh >.<

Block saying grasshills but don't block spamming with enters? Well, hopefully this is just a temporary issue.

MasterKaito
12-04-2014, 02:46 AM
I have a huge preoblem with the game. When I don't choose an empire, I lose tons of rating. Pls fix

Skeletonxf
12-04-2014, 09:52 AM
How?
And anyway, why aren't you choosing an empire?

HashBrownTrials
12-04-2014, 10:28 AM
I have a huge preoblem with the game. When I don't choose an empire, I lose tons of rating. Pls fix

If this is the case then it wouldn't make any sense at all.

MasterKaito
12-04-2014, 05:45 PM
Well when se is taking too long to find a match for me, I just switch to another tab and occasionally switch back to see if I have a match. When I came the other day it said that my opponent timed out(because I didnt select an empire). I looked at my rating and saw it had dropped by 20+ points for no reason. And how am I supposed to answer the question " how " ? I am asking for it to be fixed. It could be some other bug, but I think its related to what I just said.

Drizzle
12-05-2014, 01:10 AM
Do you have any pic evidence?

_Ai_
12-05-2014, 01:27 AM
Oh yeah, I just noticed that I have the chaos picture on my profile even though I don't have membership.

HashBrownTrials
12-05-2014, 04:49 AM
Oh yeah, I just noticed that I have the chaos picture on my profile even though I don't have membership.

I get that to, maybe you play more chaos than any other empire? Or if you did in the past

Skeletonxf
12-05-2014, 08:55 AM
Well when se is taking too long to find a match for me, I just switch to another tab and occasionally switch back to see if I have a match. When I came the other day it said that my opponent timed out(because I didnt select an empire). I looked at my rating and saw it had dropped by 20+ points for no reason. And how am I supposed to answer the question " how " ? I am asking for it to be fixed. It could be some other bug, but I think its related to what I just said.
Maybe it's there to stop queue trolls?

It's based off most played.

I had Order on my account for ages while I was spamming Chaos games.

MasterKaito
12-05-2014, 06:12 PM
How am I supposed to give pics (-_-) what do I take a pic of (-_-)
also this doesn't happen everytime, only once in a while

Edit:
I am honestly getting sick of this I had dropped to 1896, I got to 1929, then BAM! I am at 1898...

EDIT: GOING CRAZY IT HAPPENED AND NOW I AM 1848 CAN YOU IMAGINE HOW FRUSTRATING THIS IS ???!!! THIS TIME I CLCIKED MY EMPIRE BUT OPPONENT DIDNT AND I AM THE ONE THAT KEEPS LOSING. Don't believe me? I can give pics as proof to how low I dropped. And there must be some eyewitnesses that saw how my profile originally was.

guess what..1820...I want my points back...

Drizzle
12-05-2014, 10:02 PM
How am I supposed to give pics (-_-) what do I take a pic of (-_-)

I can give pics as proof to how low I dropped.

Hahaha, what?

WheresMyCheetos
12-05-2014, 10:42 PM
Hahaha, what?

lemme translate since this is how i used to talk.

He doesn't know what he is suppose to take a picture of to prove his "bug" in this case he needs to make a video

MasterKaito
12-06-2014, 12:17 AM
Thanks for translate.

How do I screen video? It usually comes into affect after I finish a match.( not always tho)

_Ai_
12-06-2014, 12:32 AM
You need to download a program for it. Like camtasia, hypercam, etc.

MasterKaito
12-06-2014, 12:42 AM
Kay. I'll try to post one by tomorrow(have to get off my computer for now)

OlePw
12-06-2014, 12:43 AM
^ thanks for the information Ai

Phaxtolgia
12-06-2014, 11:50 PM
Is it just me, or why has no one pointed this out yet?
http://snag.gy/WE14X.jpg

_Ai_
12-07-2014, 03:34 AM
chomplers are miners in digsuise.

MasterKaito
12-16-2014, 11:02 AM
Finally got a screenie because of it being actually being visible this time(of bug):
Can I have my points back?
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=ws07pw&s=8#.VJBzctLF-So

Tecness2
12-16-2014, 11:05 AM
Now, are you sure that happened THAT game? Are you sure that, that isn't the result of the previous game?

MasterKaito
12-16-2014, 11:25 AM
Firstly, -46?! That is not supposed to be possible.
Secondly, losing to someone around 30 points above me is supposed to give me a deduction of maybe 19. NOT 46 !!!!!!!!

nutsophast
12-17-2014, 12:41 AM
OOS screens can be messed up sometimes.

MasterKaito
12-17-2014, 12:52 AM
"Messed up"... I told you my problem, I told you I lost a lot of points,I gave proof, and now you are in denial.....

WheresMyCheetos
12-17-2014, 06:04 PM
Well, just the other day I got OOS-ed but only after I played that game (wut lol) so basically in the middle of another game the oosed screen came up. So somehow that could all be connected?
Maybe it added up the lose from both games?

MasterKaito
12-17-2014, 07:06 PM
EXCEPT I actually lost 46 points...

nutsophast
12-17-2014, 07:12 PM
@kaito To be honest I didn't read through the discussion properly, so that's my fault. I don't think "in denial" are the right words. You also didn't explain things very clearly, you said you don't pick an empire and then you get the "opponent time out" screen, then you take an image and you show an OOS screen.

One good solution would also be to stop opening tabs, I don't understand why you keep opening tabs when you keep losing points. Then you come back here to post when you could've just waited and not open more tabs. Maybe you can try that to see if you keep losing points.

@cheetos Once when I was playing the game just froze, I opened another tab to wait. When I came back, it showed the defeat screen, so maybe the game fails to sync both players if one of them is in another tab? Not sure.