PDA

View Full Version : Post any Bugs or problems with the game here:

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9

Caydenboy123
06-30-2015, 09:13 PM
Whenever i try to buy gold membership 3.99$ / month WITH PAYPAL . I will click on it, it will go to the log in page, I will then log in, it loads then it says "We are not able to process your payment using your PayPal account at this time. Please return to the recipient's website to complete your transaction using their regular checkout flow." i have checked multiple sites and none have helped. I have come to the conclusion that the community might be able to fix my problem. and i wont buy one - time payment i will buy monthly tho. THANKS! hopefully you can help me out!

Water 1337
07-15-2015, 02:21 PM
In the armory of the elemental empire you can see the white reflection of the fire element head over any helmet.

Dazzy
07-15-2015, 06:29 PM
Im still here :c
but yeah ele isn't really a problem if one actually knows what they are doing (as ele or against)

he's a better player than you myst,

he has an answer to "Long vs O, no solution to anything related to ninjas/magikill" with extreme micro kappa

PUMU
07-16-2015, 06:14 AM
Wouldnt say im better than him as he's improved tremendously since ive last seen his meta.

To clarify, there is no macro composition that can deal with multiple shadows and/or deathball.
If you can micro with efficiency you have a greater chance at using your v's in an effective stall.

AsePlayer
07-16-2015, 11:28 PM
I found this in an ET Thread.

"Right, and I think you know the tornado glitch: if you have a wall or cycloid is able to hit anything (even statue) while it is hitting if you use tornado ability, there will be two tornados at once and costing one.

I also saved a replay about that glitch if you are interested: http://www.stickempires.com/play?replay=replay10050944&version=2.29 "

Personally has not tested it since I don't got dat ele xD

Water 1337
07-16-2015, 11:47 PM
The chat in the game dont works well always, you need to press good ENTER KEY or you can do another thing with your units with the hotkeys, why do this happen?

AsePlayer
07-17-2015, 09:31 AM
The chat in the game dont works well always, you need to press good ENTER KEY or you can do another thing with your units with the hotkeys, why do this happen?

I don't understand what you are asking.

Water 1337
07-17-2015, 03:01 PM
I don't understand what you are asking.

I mean sometimes you press ENTER, but the chat doesnt open always

AsePlayer
07-17-2015, 03:08 PM
I mean sometimes you press ENTER, but the chat doesnt open always

Someone probably pmed you in mid game, which would require you to do an action before being able to do that.

Water 1337
07-18-2015, 10:17 AM
And the bug of the reflection in the fire element's head, you can see it over any helmet

AsePlayer
07-18-2015, 08:35 PM
And the bug of the reflection in the fire element's head, you can see it over any helmet

That's not really a problem though.

"Hey I should probably rebalance ele, nope, gotta fix helmets so water can calm his titties". -CRAZYJAY, 2015 -_-

spino
07-18-2015, 09:07 PM
Hey I should probably rebalance ele, nope, gotta fix helmets so water can calm his titties.

lmao #fakequoteftw

AsePlayer
07-18-2015, 11:25 PM
lmao #fakequoteftw

Ayy lmao.

Water 1337
07-19-2015, 09:21 AM
its annoying anyway .-.

AsePlayer
07-19-2015, 08:20 PM
its annoying anyway .-.

Focus on gameplay, not things to make you feel pretty.

MasterKaito
07-20-2015, 02:38 PM
Tried to buy monthly membership

Nothing wrong with my card or PayPal acc, I made a payment a few days ago

http://i.imgur.com/NBhTvaf.png

spino
07-20-2015, 04:26 PM

It is a paypal glitch, every couple days paypal is "Too Busy" and refuses to process things. Neither of your faults.

MasterKaito
07-20-2015, 04:41 PM
It is a paypal glitch, every couple days paypal is "Too Busy" and refuses to process things. Neither of your faults.

I see. Well thanks.

Ordwiz
07-23-2015, 10:12 AM
Found this old replay and thought it would be good to share it here:

http://www.stickempires.com/?replay=replay9790726&version=2.29

Everything is fine until the timer reaches 6:20-6:30.
The replay is very laggy there, but while playing, the game was working fluently. (Hint: you'll get the idea how the gameplay felt when button mashing the play/pause button while these scenes are shown.)

Short summary: All Order units froze and couldn't be moved while Elemental units kept on attacking, but without doing any damage. :confused:
I guess his units couldn't be moved, either, so there we had a one-sided frozen game. :/

AsePlayer
07-23-2015, 10:18 AM
Found this old replay and thought it would be good to share it here:

http://www.stickempires.com/?replay=replay9790726&version=2.29

Everything is fine until the timer reaches 6:20-6:30.
The replay is very laggy there, but while playing, the game was working fluently. (Hint: you'll get the idea how the gameplay felt when button mashing the play/pause button while these scenes are shown.)

Short summary: All Order units froze and couldn't be moved while Elemental units kept on attacking, but without doing any damage. :confused:
I guess his units couldn't be moved, either, so there we had a one-sided frozen game. :/

Either that or the replay system is broken. Basically, the replay system is broken lol.

Ordwiz
07-24-2015, 02:30 PM
Either that or the replay system is broken. Basically, the replay system is broken lol.

I remember having played this game and it wasn't the replay system that's broken... well, in this case, yes...
but the point is (all the lagging in the replay aside) that this particular game worked fluently back then to the point it froze one sided... not only in the replay, but also in in real time.

AsePlayer
07-24-2015, 02:52 PM
I remember having played this game and it wasn't the replay system that's broken... well, in this case, yes...
but the point is (all the lagging in the replay aside) that this particular game worked fluently back then to the point it froze one sided... not only in the replay, but also in in real time.

Interesting. I will look into it when I have time.

MasterKaito
07-24-2015, 10:34 PM

I swear I have been trying to buy it every day for 5 days, and it still is not working..
Why does CJ not get this fixed?
It's the least he can do..

AsePlayer
07-24-2015, 11:39 PM
I swear I have been trying to buy it every day for 5 days, and it still is not working..

Busy with MiniLegends and SW Mobile lol

spino
07-25-2015, 08:17 AM

By now It is your own problem cause mine recently went through properly.

Rune9002
07-27-2015, 07:37 AM
As of the new update i cant use the Elemental Castle Archers. they just don't appear in the research buildings, i've also never been able to use them. PLEASE help D:

AsePlayer
07-27-2015, 09:11 AM
As of the new update i cant use the Elemental Castle Archers. they just don't appear in the research buildings, i've also never been able to use them. PLEASE help D:

What new update? There hasn't been a new update in some time.

spino
07-27-2015, 09:19 AM

It is in the building ABOVE the infernos building (the blue one above the red one)

Rune9002
07-28-2015, 09:59 PM
What new update? There hasn't been a new update in some time. its supposed to add air elementals that defend the castle and are unreachable. EX: the archers in order or the Undead in Caos

HashBrownTrials
07-28-2015, 11:00 PM
Archer arrows don't register if scorps or trees are at the bottom of the map.

spino
07-29-2015, 05:50 AM
its supposed to add air elementals that defend the castle and are unreachable. EX: the archers in order or the Undead in Caos

I answered you question...
The RED building ABOVE the BLUE building.

Odanku
07-29-2015, 07:20 PM
My tower spawn 2 giant walked over to his statue and stood there. It didn't matter much, but I thought I should mention it.
http://snag.gy/X67PT.jpg

alternate
07-29-2015, 07:26 PM
Yeah, this is a known (sometimes helpful, sometimes abused) bug.

spino
07-30-2015, 05:50 AM
Happens, been around forever.

When I was 1600s (year and a half ago) max stopped in for a game (and exploited the hell out of it, maphax, in game bugs, ect.) and stopped the giant otside my base without it attacking to "let me comeback"

Zomar
08-03-2015, 02:20 PM
Alright so, aside the usual charrog jump, I have a few more to add to the already colossal list of glitches.

First: Blue Bar of Dooooooom.

www.stickempires.com/play?replay=replay10246228&version=2.29

When you possess a unit that is going into a combination, at the end of the game you'll just get this blue bar and the game freezes. Only way out is to refresh, but the win/loss still counts.

Also OP crawler anime cancel glitch on (only) walls and turrets:

www.stickempires.com/play?replay=replay10246247&version=2.29

Works the same way as infinite charrog jump, and is seriously powerful if combined with crawler upgrades (as you can see towards the end of this replay, I take down the wall in a matter of seconds with only crawlers).

Skeletonxf
08-03-2015, 04:04 PM
Also OP crawler anime cancel glitch on (only) walls and turrets:

WOWZ! ANIMIE IN SE! KAITO COME OVER HERE NOW!

Animation cancels strike again I'm guessing?

spino
08-03-2015, 04:33 PM

not really, you charrog infini glitch with crawlers
but it makes the animation cancel, with 5 attacks in 1

MasterKaito
08-03-2015, 06:09 PM

IT IS HAPPENING

Also, here is an OP archer
www.stickempires.com/play?replay=replay10243682&version=2.29

Sevarus
08-04-2015, 05:56 AM
wow how is that done? im guessing you put the archer at the bottom of the screen on a diagonal. (I wont copy it I main chaos anyway)

his opponent was a idiot you have to change the angle of the archers if their all dieing move them retreat do something don't just watch

FrictionMarble
08-08-2015, 10:08 AM
wow how is that done? im guessing you put the archer at the bottom of the screen on a diagonal. (I wont copy it I main chaos anyway)

his opponent was a idiot you have to change the angle of the archers if their all dieing move them retreat do something don't just watch

mysterysmaster is me you basically move your archer with the attack move command as bottom as you can, and sometimes happens, you see archer didn't captured the tower, such invincible.

Zomar
08-09-2015, 03:39 PM
If you possess an Order wall with a V the game freezes.

Now you never need to endure the blood, sweat and tears against Order turtles, only a few hours until the opponent stops giving a fuck!

AsePlayer
08-09-2015, 04:41 PM
If you possess an Order wall with a V the game freezes.

Now you never need to endure the blood, sweat and tears against Order turtles, only a few hours until the opponent stops giving a fuck!

Only you would try possessing a wall.

spino
08-09-2015, 04:56 PM
Only you would try possessing a wall.

Could be useful, Orde ris trapped behind their own wall, but wait, you acnnot posses a blind gate, but you can a turret.

Skeletonxf
08-10-2015, 03:21 AM
Why did no one ever think to try doing that ever?

Someone needs to test possessing a Chaos Turret as well.

Zomar
08-10-2015, 03:49 AM
Possessing a turret is normal.

spino
08-10-2015, 05:59 AM
Could be useful, Orde ris trapped behind their own wall, but wait, you acnnot posses a blind gate, but you can a turret.

@Skele ^

SCROLL LOCK GLITCH:
Its locks scroll and you cannot move camera, cost me 2 games against richie in tourney

spongers2
08-30-2015, 06:16 PM
2 glitches. the first is where a tower archer in both chaos and order their able to hit multiple units in the same damage and this happens when there is 1 archidons and it gets worst the more tower archers. its really bad if you have a lot of weak units so close to eachother and they all die to just a few shots of a tower archer. the 2nded one is where if a enemy is running into a miner wall while a giant threw a boulder at a enemy it gos litterly pass the wall and hitting that unit.

all you have to do to stop this glitch is hit the little way you move a screen through the up down or left or right keys and wherever it keeps scrolling at just hit the way its scrolling at and then it returns to normal. its no glitch just your keyboard being sticky

spino
08-30-2015, 07:02 PM
2 glitches. the first is where a tower archer in both chaos and order their able to hit multiple units in the same damage and this happens when there is 1 archidons and it gets worst the more tower archers. its really bad if you have a lot of weak units so close to eachother and they all die to just a few shots of a tower archer. the 2nded one is where if a enemy is running into a miner wall while a giant threw a boulder at a enemy it gos litterly pass the wall and hitting that unit.

Castle Archer is supposed to do splash damage.

Sevarus
08-31-2015, 01:23 PM
I'd like to report that the whole game is broken thank you for your time understanding this matter I hope you spend as much time considering this possiblity as I have correcting my grammar.

Yours sincerely

lewislewis

MasterKaito
09-15-2015, 03:59 PM
Since I got onto a pc my average ping has dropped from 200s to 100s but in every ~10 games my ping jumps to 2k and I almost lag out. Didn't this happen to players before? Not sure why it's happening now

AsePlayer
09-15-2015, 06:05 PM
Since I got onto a pc my average ping has dropped from 200s to 100s but in every ~10 games my ping jumps to 2k and I almost lag out. Didn't this happen to players before? Not sure why it's happening now

Maybe every 10 games you play slipnot.

Skeletonxf
09-17-2015, 09:25 AM
Probably background programs updating without asking you for consent. Purge auto startup programs and turn off all the auto updates. Unless you're on win10 in which case you're basically screwed

Nyarlathotep
09-17-2015, 09:40 AM
Unless you're on win10 in which case you're basically screwed

You can disable then with powershell if you know what you're doing, but it's very intrusive either way.

Skeletonxf
09-18-2015, 08:16 AM
Oh good I might need that tool when I inevitably need a new machine and can't buy Win7

AsePlayer
09-18-2015, 08:35 AM
Oh good I might need that tool when I inevitably need a new machine and can't buy Win7

Stock up on a win 7 ahead of time

Skeletonxf
09-18-2015, 09:03 AM
xD I only just got in with a copy of Win 7 when I did make my new pc a year ago.
This pc should last till 2020 tho given its specs so I have a while to consider my options. Maybe Ubuntu will look like a viable choice then.

AsePlayer
09-18-2015, 08:19 PM
xD I only just got in with a copy of Win 7 when I did make my new pc a year ago.
This pc should last till 2020 tho given its specs so I have a while to consider my options. Maybe Ubuntu will look like a viable choice then.

anything but win 10

TheWizAcadamy
09-21-2015, 09:21 AM
I am having issues with the Paypal payment feed for Jays Websworks. I am attempting to buy the 3.99 Membership 1 month deal and every time i do so it says:
"We are not able to process your payment using your PayPal account at this time. Please return to the recipient's website to complete your transaction using their regular checkout flow.
Return to Jays Webworks

At this time, we are unable to process your request. Please return to Jays Webworks and try another option.We are not able to process your payment using your PayPal account at this time. Please return to the recipient's website to complete your transaction using their regular checkout flow.
Return to Jays Webworks

At this time, we are unable to process your request. Please return to Jays Webworks and try another option."
However for any other option the payment works fine.

MasterKaito
09-21-2015, 04:04 PM
I am having issues with the Paypal payment feed for Jays Websworks. I am attempting to buy the 3.99 Membership 1 month deal and every time i do so it says:
"We are not able to process your payment using your PayPal account at this time. Please return to the recipient's website to complete your transaction using their regular checkout flow.
Return to Jays Webworks

At this time, we are unable to process your request. Please return to Jays Webworks and try another option.We are not able to process your payment using your PayPal account at this time. Please return to the recipient's website to complete your transaction using their regular checkout flow.
Return to Jays Webworks

At this time, we are unable to process your request. Please return to Jays Webworks and try another option."
However for any other option the payment works fine.

This plagued me for months, but it eventually disappeared.

TheWizAcadamy
09-21-2015, 05:03 PM
^So helpful

AsePlayer
09-21-2015, 07:52 PM
^So helpful

There is no answer for you lmao. Wait it out, may be an issue with your paypal.

All I know is every time I bought a member it activated instantly.

MasterKaito
09-22-2015, 05:13 PM
When the fuck is castle going to get banned

AsePlayer
09-22-2015, 05:17 PM
When the fuck is castle going to get banned

Lol I assume you had a bad experience with castle recently? ;)

Nyarlathotep
09-22-2015, 06:01 PM
Lol I assume you had a bad experience with castle recently? ;)

he mains chaos now

AsePlayer
09-22-2015, 07:43 PM
he mains chaos now

I am saying this because I was the one beating him on castle XD

GamzeeLov3r
09-23-2015, 11:54 AM
I can't seem to register on stick empires. i fill out all of the necessary info, click register... and nothing happens. I know it's not my internet, and even after refreshing and redoing, checking my email(just in case), and just flat out restarting my computer. is there a reason for this or what?

Skeletonxf
09-23-2015, 12:00 PM
Try a new email

Zomar
09-23-2015, 12:19 PM
I can't seem to register on stick empires. i fill out all of the necessary info, click register... and nothing happens. I know it's not my internet, and even after refreshing and redoing, checking my email(just in case), and just flat out restarting my computer. is there a reason for this or what?

Yeah I've experienced this before as well. As Skele said, a different email should work.

MasterKaito
09-23-2015, 03:04 PM
Does anyone experience the problem where you *press G* -the crawler starts going to garrison- *press space* -the garrisoned crawler gets reselected-

This has cost me many crawlers

EDIT: Would be nice if we could set custom hotkeys

Zomar
09-23-2015, 03:52 PM
Does anyone experience the problem where you *press G* -the crawler starts going to garrison- *press space* -the garrisoned crawler gets reselected-

Its when theres a bit of lag and you reselect it before it processes the command of garrisoning (as clicking spacebar isn't affected by lag). Its happened loads to me, nothing you can do about it.

spino
09-23-2015, 03:54 PM

Code it up for custom hotkeys, jli has done it, why can't you.

As for the space thing, it happens with every unit in lag, see @zomars post.

Skeletonxf
09-24-2015, 10:58 AM
Custom hotkeys are easy to make with the program autohotkey (http://www.autohotkey.com/)but hell no am I helping you make them because that could quickly turn into cheating.

Nyarlathotep
09-24-2015, 11:41 PM
Just remap your keyboard. Also skele, using external modifications isn't against ToS. It's just modifying the game itself and using a custom client that's restricted.

xxspike
09-25-2015, 12:14 AM
the game is working for you guys? i can`t play even in private... friend vs friend ....

Skeletonxf
09-25-2015, 12:17 AM
Just remap your keyboard. Also skele, using external modifications isn't against ToS. It's just modifying the game itself and using a custom client that's restricted.

So are you telling me I can go make a macro bot and take it to ranked without amy worry?

Nyarlathotep
09-25-2015, 01:06 AM
Sure, so long as it's external. Jli and I did that. We showed it to brock and he said it was fine.

Sevarus
09-25-2015, 04:07 PM
Sure, so long as it's external. Jli and I did that. We showed it to brock and he said it was fine.

Macro your self you lazy sod ;)

Skeletonxf
09-26-2015, 02:58 AM

Oh sweet. I am going to have fun with python scripts at Uni

GamzeeLov3r
09-28-2015, 10:40 AM
Try a new email

Tried that, still doesn't work. even tried a different computer

NioXoiN
09-28-2015, 06:47 PM
www.stickempires.com/play?replay=replay10723047&version=2.29
hmm this guy lagged from the first second to about 5 minutes i had to force myself to lagout by looking at another tab. also lost like 19 or so rank... really cheap.

MasterKaito
09-28-2015, 07:17 PM
hmm this guy lagged from the first second to about 5 minutes i had to force myself to lagout by looking at another tab. also lost like 19 or so rank... really cheap.

Lmao you don't deserve to complain

AsePlayer
09-28-2015, 07:49 PM

No sympathy from me, you should play your games no matter how laggy it is if you really care about your rating.

Dazzy
09-28-2015, 10:09 PM
Respect for NioXoin. Ase and Kaito, you guys aren't even high on rating, I've quit plenty of games if they freeze or w/e cause I'd rather play SE then deal with lag.

AsePlayer
09-28-2015, 10:47 PM
Respect for NioXoin. Ase and Kaito, you guys aren't even high on rating, I've quit plenty of games if they freeze or w/e cause I'd rather play SE then deal with lag.

Never said my rating was high. Regardless of rating you still need to be willing to deal with the laggers if you care about the rating, if you don't, then don't opt to complain on the forums about it.

NioXoiN
09-29-2015, 04:43 AM
do i really need to justify my wining on this flaw of the game? why should i wait 20 minutes because some guy feels like exploiting lag to get a skill-less win? should be some kind of auto detection in place. i get coding that would be harder done than said but it would be a nice addition to 3.0

AsePlayer
09-29-2015, 08:37 AM
do i really need to justify my wining on this flaw of the game? why should i wait 20 minutes because some guy feels like exploiting lag to get a skill-less win? should be some kind of auto detection in place. i get coding that would be harder done than said but it would be a nice addition to 3.0

Maybe he was just a laggy individual.

GamzeeLov3r
09-29-2015, 10:39 AM
Umm, i still can't register to play, no matter what i do. does anyone else have this issue or just me?

Skeletonxf
09-29-2015, 11:50 AM
I had an issue making an alt which wouldn't work no matter what I seemed to try.

I then made the alt successfully at another location on a different ip and can log into it from my main setup.

FYI for anyone else: That alt was SkeleBot which I am reserving for future use. I still only play games on Skeletonwarlord

GamzeeLov3r
09-29-2015, 03:47 PM
I had an issue making an alt which wouldn't work no matter what I seemed to try.

I then made the alt successfully at another location on a different ip and can log into it from my main setup.

FYI for anyone else: That alt was SkeleBot which I am reserving for future use. I still only play games on Skeletonwarlord

THANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOU!!! It worked!! Now i just have to make sure it works on the other computer, but for now, this is enough.

NioXoiN
09-30-2015, 12:41 AM
Maybe he was just a laggy individual.

True, but still this kinda thing could be treated like out of sync errors.

AsePlayer
09-30-2015, 08:12 AM
True, but still this kinda thing could be treated like out of sync errors.

What's that supposed to mean? Game doesn't count towards your rating? That would require you to not lag out.

MasterKaito
09-30-2015, 06:16 PM
http://i.imgur.com/RyA1udy.png

popped up when I left a replay in the middle

AsePlayer
09-30-2015, 07:46 PM
http://i.imgur.com/RyA1udy.png

popped up when I left a replay in the middle

If it was a separate tab, things like that happen. If it was on your account, then that's weird.

NioXoiN
10-01-2015, 02:20 AM
What's that supposed to mean? Game doesn't count towards your rating? That would require you to not lag out.

... almost as if that was the problem i was addressing.

AsePlayer
10-05-2015, 07:53 PM
... almost as if that was the problem i was addressing.

Cj and brock are planning on adding a feature that tracks the lag. Not entirely sure how the system will work, we will have to wait and see.

MasterKaito
10-05-2015, 10:02 PM
Cj and brock are planning on adding a feature that tracks the lag. Not entirely sure how the system will work, we will have to wait and see.

Hope they don't fuck up with it like they did the lag queue system

NioXoiN
10-07-2015, 09:14 PM
Hope they don't fuck up with it like they did the lag queue system

it shouldn't be too hard to compare two versions of software and decipher which is superior in said field. it can at least be assumed it will be better \_(ツ)_/

Hewitt
10-07-2015, 09:38 PM
Decipher? Did the developer mask his own code for shits and giggles?

AsePlayer
10-07-2015, 10:27 PM

No, Nio is just talking out of his ass.

Hewitt
10-07-2015, 10:54 PM
I'm aware of that. Which is why I pointed out how stupid his statement was. Rhetorically.

NioXoiN
10-08-2015, 12:04 AM

Decipher: succeed in understanding, interpreting, or identifying (something).

Dazzy
10-08-2015, 12:37 AM

To be fair, the code is a mess. Which isn't a surprise, the only devs which the code doesn't look like a big blob of "wtf" with a bit of "oh i see what you were trying to do" are big game dev companies.

P.S. Ase, you talk way more out of your ass than Nio does. Stop talking shit, you're toxic af.

AsePlayer
10-08-2015, 08:12 AM
P.S. Ase, you talk way more out of your ass than Nio does. Stop talking shit, you're toxic af.

Bring that to the pms m8. No need for the flames.

Sevarus
10-08-2015, 09:27 AM
Bring that to the pms m8. No need for the flames.

I think you AND Hewitt are being unfair Id expect better from a former mod and chat mod

Skeletonxf
10-08-2015, 11:08 AM
To be fair, the code is a mess. Which isn't a surprise, the only devs which the code doesn't look like a big blob of "wtf" with a bit of "oh i see what you were trying to do" are big game dev companies.

Can confirm my attempts at Java keep becoming more messy. And that's with me pausing progress to tidy them.

Raptor
10-08-2015, 08:27 PM
Not the best place to call people out. Don't start fights in this thread.

AsePlayer
10-08-2015, 08:30 PM
I think you AND Hewitt are being unfair Id expect better from a former mod and chat mod

I expect better from you every post, lewis.

Hewitt
10-08-2015, 08:58 PM

Yes, but decipher is such a curious word. Debug maybe, but decipher implies the devs don't know their own code and would go to great lengths to mask it from themselves as if to play a cruel trick to self-train their coding skills.

That's all that I'm pointing out.

What, I can't have opinions now? Tell me where exactly did I ever flame someone or troll them.

Not the best place to call people out. Don't start fights in this thread.

RAPTOOOOOORRR!!! TONIGHT! ONE OF US WILL BE LEAVING THE RING ON A STRETCHER! A STRETCHER. OF PAIIIIN!

HELL IN A CELL! WHOOOOO

AsePlayer
10-08-2015, 10:06 PM
Yes, but decipher is such a curious word. Debug maybe, but decipher implies the devs don't know their own code and would go to great lengths to mask it from themselves as if to play a cruel trick to self-train their coding skills.

What, I can't have opinions now? Tell me where exactly did I ever flame someone or troll them.

RAPTOOOOOORRR!!! TONIGHT! ONE OF US WILL BE LEAVING THE RING ON A STRETCHER! A STRETCHER. OF PAIIIIN!

HELL IN A CELL! WHOOOOO

Dammit I don't wanna pay for the WWE network.

NioXoiN
10-08-2015, 11:18 PM

HELL IN A CELL! WHOOOOO

DECIPHER: to understand.
yeesh, i didn't think the use of a word properly would cause such confusion excuse me. like my signature says, google is your friend.
also in regards to daz there is a particular audience that knows about the context of a situation so at times it feels like the best thing to do is to say what you have to say in a place where that particular audience as a whole can see it. it's the easiest option for all parties to see your point. you can though have better control over something when you can just have a 1 on 1 conversation, that's not exactly what was the aim of the call out was. but i'm assured that aim has been lowered.
Ase you might as well it'll only cost your soul and a jar of mayo

Sevarus
10-09-2015, 01:10 AM
A small bit of kindness even if your opinions goes a long way guys insulting POVs flame ing and saying 'talking out of his arse' is generally not nice do we want too give this view of SP to potential new members?

AsePlayer
10-09-2015, 08:25 AM
A small bit of kindness even if your opinions goes a long way guys insulting POVs flame ing and saying 'talking out of his arse' is generally not nice do we want too give this view of SP to potential new members?

New site coming soon anyways lol.

On a side note "Opinions goes a long way guys insulting..." hah. that's funny coming from you.

Sevarus
10-09-2015, 12:35 PM
A small bit of kindness goes along way

AsePlayer
10-09-2015, 04:24 PM
A small bit of kindness goes along way

Unless the kindness gets blown up in to millions of pieces.

NioXoiN
10-09-2015, 07:19 PM
user scissersnips is getting freezes reliably it seems. fought him twice in a row and got 20+ rank out of it, then he lost about 20 to a nub. freezes, justified loses.
www.stickempires.com/play?replay=replay10853584&version=2.29
we fought again after he restarted his pc and it occurred again
www.stickempires.com/play?replay=replay10853696&version=2.29
then i played another guy in ranked and no freeze so it was on his side
www.stickempires.com/play?replay=replay10853739&version=2.29
what causes a freeze, low ping?

AsePlayer
10-14-2015, 08:07 AM
user scissersnips is getting freezes reliably it seems. fought him twice in a row and got 20+ rank out of it, then he lost about 20 to a nub. freezes, justified loses.
www.stickempires.com/play?replay=replay10853584&version=2.29
we fought again after he restarted his pc and it occurred again
www.stickempires.com/play?replay=replay10853696&version=2.29
then i played another guy in ranked and no freeze so it was on his side
www.stickempires.com/play?replay=replay10853739&version=2.29
what causes a freeze, low ping?

I think sometimes it is just random, don't quote me on that.

Newtonius
10-15-2015, 05:11 PM
Everytime I tell a unit or miner to do ANYTHING, I almost lag out, and doing it twice makes me lose. I have good internet and a good computer, so maybe someone knows how to handle this or someone who works on the game try to fix it. Also, if you could make it so you don't lose points when lag happens, that would also be very helpful.

MasterKaito
10-15-2015, 06:51 PM
Everytime I tell a unit or miner to do ANYTHING, I almost lag out, and doing it twice makes me lose. I have good internet and a good computer, so maybe someone knows how to handle this or someone who works on the game try to fix it. Also, if you could make it so you don't lose points when lag happens, that would also be very helpful.

Never heard of before, probably bad connection. Try ethernet cable?

MasterKaito
10-21-2015, 08:15 PM
Fire arrow should be fixed. You don't know where they're going to land because they move in mid air and their damage stacked really hurts considering how cheap they are.

AsePlayer
10-21-2015, 08:17 PM
Fire arrow should be fixed. You don't know where they're going to land because they move in mid air and their damage stacked really hurts considering how cheap they are.

Fire arrows are fine. Use a magikill/medusa/scorch and take care of the archers? lol.

I am jking, I think the fire arrows are fine though. Personal opinions I guess.

MasterKaito
10-21-2015, 09:44 PM
Fire arrows are fine. Use a magikill/medusa/scorch and take care of the archers? lol.

I am jking, I think the fire arrows are fine though. Personal opinions I guess.

Not personal opinions, logical conclusions. It's ridiculous that fire arrows can easily one short a unit after a while yet I have to move my troops a lot farther back because the arrows spread and move in air.

AsePlayer
10-21-2015, 09:49 PM
Not personal opinions, logical conclusions. It's ridiculous that fire arrows can easily one short a unit after a while yet I have to move my troops a lot farther back because the arrows spread and move in air.

Fire arrows easy to dodge, I think you are saying 3 rows of archers happens to 1 hit some units? That tends to happen regardless lol.

MasterKaito
10-21-2015, 09:53 PM
Fire arrows easy to dodge, I think you are saying 3 rows of archers happens to 1 hit some units? That tends to happen regardless lol.

I'm aware that they can be dodged but I shouldn't move a few steps backward or forward and still be hit by them. Also I'm talking about when they are shot into the air and they disappear. Not in a battle where they can be tanked/avoided.

Dazzy
10-21-2015, 09:59 PM
I'm aware that they can be dodged but I shouldn't move a few steps backward or forward and still be hit by them. Also I'm talking about when they are shot into the air and they disappear. Not in a battle where they can be tanked/avoided.

They don't spread. It's because when archers are running forward, they all shoot at different times.

AsePlayer
10-21-2015, 11:16 PM
They don't spread. It's because when archers are running forward, they all shoot at different times.

Yeah 3 rows of archers using fire arrows while advancing vs 3 rows of archers just using fire arrows in a stationary position isn't really comparable.
Spread vs non spread, the spread is a pretty effective micro decision

MasterKaito
10-22-2015, 01:20 PM

If I move my units a tad backwards they are still hit, even when the archers are standing still. Be it one row or three.

AsePlayer
10-22-2015, 11:35 PM
If I move my units a tad backwards they are still hit, even when the archers are standing still. Be it one row or three.

Then move further back?

spino
10-23-2015, 04:16 AM

In some cases if 1 arrows hits, everything hits, especially with giants even if you did move back.

Other times, the weird physics system in game where if an albows is on far the far top side, with a giant in the middle, it still hits the giant with entire spread.

Sevarus
10-23-2015, 07:47 AM
I say we increase muzzle velocity and decrease projectile drop

MasterKaito
10-31-2015, 05:19 PM
Beat someone in ranked, but it's not showing in my profile or live replays.
https://i.gyazo.com/e5ed113037374d624b0e5f358e580cfa.png

The match was quite laggy and in castle.

NioXoiN
11-01-2015, 06:39 PM
maybe he dc'd

AsePlayer
11-01-2015, 06:41 PM
maybe he dc'd

should have still showed up though..

NioXoiN
11-04-2015, 05:29 PM
should have still showed up though..

when i get dc'd it doesn't show up on mine. neither do freezes. 22 mins in. https://youtu.be/B972UMPVAvc
Also apparently ILOVEYOURANA is me https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EfxD1Zgl_So

MasterKaito
11-06-2015, 03:04 PM
Been getting random lag outs at 50-150 ping even when no downloads are running.

alternate
11-06-2015, 04:13 PM
Been getting random lag outs at 50-150 ping even when no downloads are running.

Who were you playing? I have had this issue as well the past few days, probably happened 3-4 matches so far.

:eek:

MasterKaito
11-06-2015, 04:38 PM
Who were you playing? I have had this issue as well the past few days, probably happened 3-4 matches so far.

:eek:

Tai and Goldbead

MasterKaito
11-09-2015, 03:25 PM
Pretty sure matchmaking system for castle is broken - it's the only map I've gotten 4 times in a row, let alone 3.

AsePlayer
11-09-2015, 04:10 PM
Pretty sure matchmaking system for castle is broken - it's the only map I've gotten 4 times in a row, let alone 3.

Castle is bae

TheWizAcadamy
11-09-2015, 09:09 PM
Uh, SE just shutdown saying "Version Outmatched"
Dafk?

_Ai_
11-10-2015, 12:28 AM
Probably because of an update. Try refreshing

Nyarlathotep
11-10-2015, 07:23 AM
Version Mismatch happens when they update the game. It was just a little notification update. yay

Skeletonxf
11-10-2015, 08:38 AM

Improbable things happen a lot

Dazzy
11-10-2015, 09:14 PM
Improbable things happen a lot

The likely hood of 10 castles in a row is as likely as Forest, Gates, Ice, Desert, Swamp, Halloween, Gates, Castle, Ice, Forest. FYI.

PUMU
11-11-2015, 06:39 AM
http://i.imgur.com/vsZnmVK.jpg
I FOUND A BUG!!

but as far as the map randomized goes I think it's a tad bit wonky. Virtually every game I got when I played chaos against order, I was on the left and the map was castle. It was an easy, win nontheless with the reduced kiting range and such.

Skeletonxf
11-11-2015, 01:37 PM
The likely hood of 10 castles in a row is as likely as Forest, Gates, Ice, Desert, Swamp, Halloween, Gates, Castle, Ice, Forest. FYI.

Yup.
People simply don't understand stats when they're saying the match making is broken because repeated maps. The matchmaking wouldn't be random if you didn't see Castle three times over.

MasterKaito
11-11-2015, 02:06 PM
Yup.
People simply don't understand stats when they're saying the match making is broken because repeated maps. The matchmaking wouldn't be random if you didn't see Castle three times over.

Then why is it the only map?

AsePlayer
11-11-2015, 03:15 PM

It's a sign from above: stop using chaos...

Skeletonxf
11-11-2015, 03:41 PM

It's not, the map allocation is random.

People are just stupid and don't understand the implications of that.

Dazzy
11-11-2015, 08:52 PM
It's not, the map allocation is random.

People are just stupid and don't understand the implications of that.

Also, you notice castle repetitions because you're a chaos player. Start focusing on how many times you get ice/gates/forest in a row. ;)

MasterKaito
11-11-2015, 09:23 PM
Also, you notice castle repetitions because you're a chaos player. Start focusing on how many times you get ice/gates/forest in a row. ;)

I don't get them more than twice in a row (unless you're counting all 3 as one?). I can't just look over something that's in front of me lol

Skeletonxf
11-12-2015, 12:29 AM

THIS

It's just a memory bias people have.

Dazzy
11-12-2015, 02:36 AM
Hey, you know it's realllyyyy hard to make a coherent argument when we're talking about the realms of random, or pseudo-random.

Kaito, I've seen the future, my friend. When you grow up to be 18, you're going to go to a casino, make a few hundred bucks because you're a pretty smart kid and you're going to use card counting to mathematically beat the game of blackjack. Then you've decided you want to hit a higher jackpot and hit up the roulette where it lands 26 blacks in a row, and each time you bet $$ on a red landing because "it's not possible to be this many blacks, a red has to come up". You then precede to swagger out with a little less air of cockiness because you got fucked by gamber's fallacy. /sarcasm

P.S. ranked is rigged. I've gotten forest 4x in a row before. No other map has occurred as often. =/

_Ai_
11-12-2015, 03:22 AM
RNG pretty much.

PUMU
11-12-2015, 06:13 AM

I personally love playing as chaos vs order on castle, so yeah, I tend to notice the games on that map. However, I notice it after my first match against a player and I'm like, "ok then, sure", then again: o.o, and again: o-o, and again .~., when it happens a good 10 consecutive games one begins to grow suspicious.

Castle map que > than the appearance of basically every other map in the game. Ice map being close to the second most seen for me.
Basically a 5:1 ratio in favor of castle being qued as opposed to anything else.

HashBrownTrials
11-12-2015, 07:24 AM
You must be in a mental institution if you like playing CvO on castle

AsePlayer
11-12-2015, 08:35 AM

I like playing C v O on castle.

Dazzy
11-12-2015, 12:54 PM
^^PUMU refer to post I stated earlier. You can't state anything meaningful unless you take a legitimately done sample size of say 1k ranked games, and set an error of margin.

Topic closed essentially. No salt to be taken out.

Skeletonxf
11-12-2015, 12:54 PM
It's a 1:1 ratio and you're just having a bias memory.
This shouldn't even be a debate unless you're creating data for like 100 games in a row to prove it not being random.

PUMU
11-12-2015, 03:07 PM
I don't bias my post on that regarding this debate or talk. I voice my opinions, sure, but I tend to leave them out when facts are the only necessary components of that conversation regarding any such topic.

Who plays 1000 ranked games just to study the probability of the map ques?

I have my suspicions on the matter but in no way am I saying with any certainty that the map que is set to any specific pattern. Not sure if I was misinterpreted when others read my post.

Lol @hash why can't I like CVO on castle?

All and all, I agree that the discussion about something that is supposedly random, is carrying on to be proven one way or the other.

Galeforce
11-12-2015, 06:39 PM

With lag? It's disgusting.

Without? It's kinda fun.

xxxkakarotxxx
11-13-2015, 12:22 AM
Hello CJ, My xxxkakarotxxx account had membership that I bought a month ago, just yesterday, I played a super laggy game with some lagger and it took almost 10 minutes to finish the game while the timer showed only 2 minutes on it. After that, I'm not able to find a single match on this account, I tried my alts and I can easily find a match from them, I tried different pc's connections but no use. No matter what I do I'm not able to find a match or deathmatch from that account. My membership just ran out which I was looking forward to renew but I need to be sure that I'm able to play before I do so. Thank you

MasterKaito
11-13-2015, 01:14 AM
Hello CJ, My xxxkakarotxxx account had membership that I bought a month ago, just yesterday, I played a super laggy game with some lagger and it took almost 10 minutes to finish the game while the timer showed only 2 minutes on it. After that, I'm not able to find a single match on this account, I tried my alts and I can easily find a match from them, I tried different pc's connections but no use. No matter what I do I'm not able to find a match or deathmatch from that account. My membership just ran out which I was looking forward to renew but I need to be sure that I'm able to play before I do so. Thank you

Lag queue.

xxxkakarotxxx
11-13-2015, 02:22 AM
Lag queue.

So, what is the solution. How do I get out of it and prevent it in the future? I changed connections

AsePlayer
11-13-2015, 08:24 AM
So, what is the solution. How do I get out of it and prevent it in the future? I changed connections

I don't think you can escape the lag queue. So I've heard at least.

Nyarlathotep
11-13-2015, 10:36 AM
Both CJ and brock have said on multiple occasions that if you play enough games with a decent connection you'll get out of it automatically.

MasterKaito
11-13-2015, 12:29 PM
Both CJ and brock have said on multiple occasions that if you play enough games with a decent connection you'll get out of it automatically.

Yeah.. KaitoMaster is still in the lag queue which is why I made a new account.

Also @Skele and Daz by your logic you have no proof that I have a bias memory and for all I know you have one

khan0944
11-13-2015, 01:05 PM

You cannot. Just make a new acc lol

Skeletonxf
11-13-2015, 01:29 PM
Yeah.. KaitoMaster is still in the lag queue which is why I made a new account.

Also @Skele and Daz by your logic you have no proof that I have a bias memory and for all I know you have one

evidence dump of bias relating to judging if maps are random

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_memory_biases
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Choice-supportive_bias
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confirmation_bias
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Egocentric_bias
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gambler%27s_fallacy
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Survivorship_bias

Yes.
Me and DAZ have bias memories too.
I'm sure I could recall more terrible games on castle than any other map, and I know this is because I haven't remembered the other maps as well, not because they didn't happen.

PUMU
11-13-2015, 02:27 PM
How does that directly relate to judging whether or not maps are random? Theyre just general wikipedias.

MasterKaito
11-13-2015, 02:59 PM
evidence dump of bias relating to judging if maps are random

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_memory_biases
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Choice-supportive_bias
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confirmation_bias
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Egocentric_bias
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gambler%27s_fallacy
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Survivorship_bias

Yes.
Me and DAZ have bias memories too.
I'm sure I could recall more terrible games on castle than any other map, and I know this is because I haven't remembered the other maps as well, not because they didn't happen.

Yeah and what evidence do you have in saying I have that bias when I say I only experience castle more times in a row than other maps? Just because a concept exists doesn't mean it's always happening.

Skeletonxf
11-14-2015, 02:24 AM
It's Wikipedia; go read the sources on those pages that are the evidence of the bias happening in people very very often.

AsePlayer
11-14-2015, 09:30 AM
It's Wikipedia; go read the sources on those pages that are the evidence of the bias happening in people very very often.

Wiki is unreliable lol.

spino
11-14-2015, 10:07 AM
Wiki is unreliable lol.

"go read the sources on those pages that are evidence of the bias happening in people very often."

Reading.
Is a virtue.

PUMU
11-14-2015, 11:22 AM
Wikipedia is often edited. Therefore, not too much of a reliable source.

But yeah...

Skeletonxf
11-14-2015, 12:31 PM
Wikipedia is often edited. Therefore, not too much of a reliable source.

But yeah...

Wiki is unreliable lol.

Oh this joke again.

There are numerous ways people can create a website without knowing how to code these days. On any such website they can then claim whatever the hell they want to (without providing a single source) and people don't bat an eyelid.

Then someone goes onto Wikipedia which has pages monitored by experts to check the validity, provides messages at the top of the page if the sourcing is poor on a given article, and then this person edits the page after logging into an account which is obviously going to be banned and reversed if used for griefing and people still think all the other sourceless pages on the interenet are somehow more reliable because 'anyone' can edit Wikipedia.

Because 'anyone' can edit Wikipedia, Wikipedia requires you actaully source your claims. Also, people can actually check that you are and ban you for griefing. Wikipedia is only less reliable than the academic research papers it cites.

PUMU
11-14-2015, 04:49 PM
Thank you for telling us something we knew, however, I'm not sure how this proves us wrong.
Ya kinda just gave the explanation as to why we find wiki unreliable at times, albeit unitended. Since those monitors exist, that in itself would suggest that there are people who do edit Wikipedia just to screw around with people on the Internet. That fact in itself is why I prefer to cite first hand documents and sources as opposed to info pools such as Wikipedia.

spino
11-14-2015, 05:26 PM
Thank you for telling us something we knew, however, I'm not sure how this proves us wrong.
Ya kinda just gave the explanation as to why we find wiki unreliable at times, albeit unitended. Since those monitors exist, that in itself would suggest that there are people who do edit Wikipedia just to screw around with people on the Internet. That fact in itself is why I prefer to cite first hand documents and sources as opposed to info pools such as Wikipedia.

No he did not.

He gave the something legitimate, wiki requires the source section, other sites created by Joe Smoh do not. If you look at the links to the sources, you can find legitimate evidence.

AsePlayer
11-14-2015, 05:39 PM
No he did not.

He gave the something legitimate, wiki requires the source section, other sites created by Joe Smoh do not. If you look at the links to the sources, you can find legitimate evidence.

I've seen a few pages lacking evidence at times :P

Dazzy
11-14-2015, 06:03 PM
I politely ask Pumu, Kaito and AsePlayer to go back to w/e advanced mathematics course your middle school/high school/university offers.

Somehow this is the first time I've seen an actual argument occur on a mathematical fallacy, and it happens to be over the internet too. The more you know.

Hey Pumu:

"Virtually every game I got when I played chaos against order, I was on the left and the map was castle."
*Virtually implies 99%~, reeks of bullshit
*On the left; SE is a 2 player game, 1v1, 1 on the left, 1 on the right. It is mathematically impossible to not have a 50/50 split in the whole game
*Map is castle 5:1 ratio 84%, niice

AsePlayer
11-14-2015, 07:46 PM
I politely ask Pumu, Kaito and AsePlayer to go back to w/e advanced mathematics course your middle school/high school/university offers.

Already did the assignment tho :c

Nyarlathotep
11-14-2015, 09:20 PM

"advanced"

Phaxtolgia
11-15-2015, 12:21 AM
So this is an issue I've had with the game for a long time.

idk why, but whenever I play Stick Empires, i'd have about 500-2000 ping while I play, sometimes 100 if im lucky. On other games like Minecraft, Robocraft, etc. I'd get about a smooth 60-30 ping.

Why is Stick Empires the only game I experience connection issues with, while all the other games appear to work fine?

Dazzy
11-15-2015, 01:20 AM
"advanced"

middle school?

"idk why, but whenever I play Stick Empires, i'd have about 500-2000 ping while I play, sometimes 100 if im lucky. On other games like Minecraft, Robocraft, etc. I'd get about a smooth 60-30 ping."

100-2000 range is HUGE. Wtf.

Skeletonxf
11-15-2015, 03:10 AM

If you find Wikipedia unreliable then don't search any site on the Internet for information, go buy the academic sources yourself. I'm not suggesting Wikipedia is perfect, it's simply the best internet source any of us are likely to have on a given topic. Reject Wikipedia and you won't ever be convinced by anything. Frankly Wikipedia vs what you were told in school and Wikipedia should be more accurate.

AsePlayer
11-15-2015, 11:05 PM
If you find Wikipedia unreliable then don't search any site on the Internet for information, go buy the academic sources yourself. I'm not suggesting Wikipedia is perfect, it's simply the best internet source any of us are likely to have on a given topic. Reject Wikipedia and you won't ever be convinced by anything. Frankly Wikipedia vs what you were told in school and Wikipedia should be more accurate.

I was told in school not to use Wikipedia as a source for papers etc.

Sidenote I have I found a pretty big bug. There's 3rd empire in SE which almost results in a loss every time.

spino
11-16-2015, 04:17 AM

Sidenote I have I found a pretty big bug. There's 3rd empire in SE which almost results in a loss every time.

That is why you look at a wiki posts sources, and reap and give credit to, the fucking sources.

EDIT: Wikipedia is not a bug/problem with the game.

Skeletonxf
11-16-2015, 10:17 AM
so you just trust school without them giving any satisfactory proof or they did you give a satisfactory proof to not rely on wikipedia you haven't told me?

Relating to the topic, I'll believe data for 100 matches of games in a row to show significant bias in map giving over Wikipedia's sources for cognitive bias in memory if and only if I see it. I am not going to waste my own time logging 100 match map results and I do not yet know how to code a bot to do it for me nor is it my priority to learn.

Dazzy
11-16-2015, 01:50 PM
"significant"

Pumu said "virtually", implies 90-98%~ minimum, according to vtester. Significant bias indeed.

Skeletonxf
11-16-2015, 01:51 PM
"significant"

Pumu said "virtually", implies 90-98%~ minimum, according to vtester. Significant bias indeed.

I don't understand your second line.

spino
11-16-2015, 02:05 PM
I don't understand your second line.

Virtually - nearly; almost.
So if "virtually" all of _____ do _________, then a very "significant" population performs such _________.

Insert stuff in blanks appropriately.

Skeletonxf
11-16-2015, 03:44 PM
Pumu was obviously not being that literal.

PUMU
11-16-2015, 03:51 PM
I'm glad you posted before I did.

Dazzy
11-16-2015, 07:27 PM
Pumu was obviously not being that literal.

Oh nah, but half the mathematical idiocy coming from Pumu puts question marks on the legitimacy of any remark he makes on the subject.

PUMU
11-16-2015, 07:39 PM
What? I can't state an estimated ratio in which I noticed the appearance of a map? I gave one ratio... What other mathematics am I posting?

My use of the word "virtually" was to emphasize how often I saw the que of that particular map.

_Ai_
11-16-2015, 11:22 PM
DAZ, you knew but you still did it. idk man, I'm kinda seeing it as an attempt to purposely piss him off. People use literally, literally all the time. It's a bad example, but you know what I'm getting at.

Also on the subject, you guys aren't what exactly I'm calling off topic, not yet. Pumu is commentating that there's a probably bug happening in the game, while the rest of you are denying it. Until you guys can make pumu believe it ain't a bug, or pumu convince you guys (unlikely), this can go on.

Well, unless I receive reports from everyone calling off topic, I'll step in then.

AsePlayer
11-16-2015, 11:35 PM
The one real way to know would to be to snoop around in the source code, since RNG is RNG, so it could pick any other map more than others in 100 map picks vs another 100 map picks?

Skeletonxf
11-16-2015, 11:55 PM
The one real way to know would to be to snoop around in the source code, since RNG is RNG, so it could pick any other map more than others in 100 map picks vs another 100 map picks?
100 picks would be pretty convincing data on its own regardless. Chance is unlikely to be that way off 1:1 in 100 games. Statistically it should be off 1:1 because that's more likely but not way off.

Dazzy
11-17-2015, 12:37 AM
DAZ, you knew but you still did it. idk man, I'm kinda seeing it as an attempt to purposely piss him off. People use literally, literally all the time. It's a bad example, but you know what I'm getting at.

Also on the subject, you guys aren't what exactly I'm calling off topic, not yet. Pumu is commentating that there's a probably bug happening in the game, while the rest of you are denying it. Until you guys can make pumu believe it ain't a bug, or pumu convince you guys (unlikely), this can go on.

Well, unless I receive reports from everyone calling off topic, I'll step in then.

You know what, considering we've provided all the mathematical proof how you cannot make an argument off anecdotal evidence, and how some arguments were illegitimate from the first place (how can being LEFT be favoured in a game where it's it's impossible to not be 50/50 split for left/right?). We're discussing the legitimacy of wikipedia, ffs, because no one can say shit on whether maps are actually swinging in balance, and quite clearly, pumu does not care enough to record every map he plays on. Map selection should essentially be pseudo-random, but that is virtually (and I mean the actual meaning of virtually) the same as random. You can refer to each as the same thing.

"DAZ, you knew but you still did it. idk man, I'm kinda seeing it as an attempt to purposely piss him off."

He provided 3-4 asinine arguments throughout the last page, not subjective experience, objectively incorrect. Like I said. They should go back to whatever degree of education they're involved in and look up (basic; thank you Rain) statistics/random distribution and check up how it works.

"Until you guys can make pumu believe it ain't a bug, or pumu convince you guys (unlikely), this can go on."

You know what, when was the last time a bug/problem meant anything here? You either email Brock or communicate with them on some sort of other medium, or nothing gets through. I personally believe we should lock this + comments/suggestions threads. When was the last time this shit got anything done?

"The one real way to know would to be to snoop around in the source code, since RNG is RNG, so it could pick any other map more than others in 100 map picks vs another 100 map picks?"

Pseudo-random can be considered random in almost every scenario. In fact, pseudo-random is basically a misnomer because it implies it's false randomness when it functions in effectively the same manner. Assuming Brock is shit at coding, the randomness seems to work well enough where everyone gets different results in practice.

---

"DAZ, you knew but you still did it. idk man, I'm kinda seeing it as an attempt to purposely piss him off. People use literally, literally all the time. It's a bad example, but you know what I'm getting at."

Firstly "Basically a 5:1 ratio in favor of castle being qued as opposed to anything else."

5:1 sounds like he's making a statement with virtually, at least on some level.

You see everything as an attempt to purposely piss off. I'm poking at all his holes. Have you noticed the lack of coherent argument in SE section? Because it's a recurring theme, and everyone with a sense has left. It's why you see no half-decent player here talking game balance either. We've always known SE section has horrific logic and is especially shameful compared to the rest of StickPage when they can get honestly illuminating and productive arguments on serious discussion and topics. We are having falsified arguments over objective facts. This is a joke.

Back onto topic. We have provided all the proof that trying to make an anecdotal claim on maps is silly, and that the "i spawn on left" is impossible to be favouring someone. Either come back with some data, or don't talk shit.

_Ai_
11-17-2015, 01:18 AM
My post's not to say I disagree with you. In fact I agree with you, the fact that pumu somehow hasn't acknowledge the fact bewilders me. His argument on wikipedia being incorrect is the stupidest thing I've heard all month; I just used them for o levels ffs (with a cross reference to textbooks, which has some validity). It was annoying to see him deny it but like, he's not pissing you off... not purposely I guess. But still, it seems to me you're purposely trying to piss him off, which shouldn't happen.

"You know what, when was the last time a bug/problem meant anything here? You either email Brock or communicate with them on some sort of other medium, or nothing gets through. I personally believe we should lock this + comments/suggestions threads. When was the last time this shit got anything done?"

That is true, I don't think any action was taken even if anything was reported on this thread, or any other threads. That said, do you want me to lock this? How about the others, if you are in rhyme with DAZ here?

"You see everything as an attempt to purposely piss off. I'm poking at all his holes. Have you noticed the lack of coherent argument in SE section? Because it's a recurring theme, and everyone with a sense has left. It's why you see no half-decent player here talking game balance either. We've always known SE section has horrific logic and is especially shameful compared to the rest of StickPage when they can get honestly illuminating and productive arguments on serious discussion and topics. We are having falsified arguments over objective facts. This is a joke."

I think it's more towards that there's nothing to actually discuss about SE. The rest of the forums are definitely better, but not by such a large margin I'd say so myself. They are only better when they have a topic someone's brought up. The same goes here; when a topic's brought up, people discuss it. The problem is, there's no topic. If you have one, bring it up. Make a thread. Discussions will flow by itself. If people start speaking irrelevant, stupid stuff, report it and move on. If you want to make this section better, then do the effort. Like when you're making the wiki. You've taken a shitty wiki, and made it into a great one now, yeah? You can do it here too. I'll gladly lend a hand in reconstructing this section.

PUMU
11-17-2015, 04:09 AM
Oh I'm not pissed in the slightest. I'm a bit bothered by his method of sifting through my posts and picking what he so chooses from them in a counterproductive manner and calling this section of the site a joke. However, this section is based around a flash game that none of us will actually stick to for the remainder of our lives and as such doesn't need to be taken as seriously.

In saying I agree to this, I also find that this section at least require a small portion of professionalism regarding any subject matter brought into it. I tend to float around this section primarily to assist other users to grow in the game; in depth tutorials, one on one skype discussions, and ordinary CnC to others' gameplay to name a few. Constructive and positive always. Never nitpicky or generally unhelpful. These two sections being a place where we have the option to throw information to where all other users here can see and either validate, provide evidence as to why what one refer to as bug to merely be coincidence, and/or provide their own input on the matter in any other way they see fit. This thread is merely a place in which the poster would bring their problem to the table to discuss amongst other users before sending the issue to someone who can do something about it. If we just flooded the email of the creators with everything that came to our attention without discussing it here first, we would have a lot of needless shit that would be pointless for them to have to sort through. But yeah, "joke".

More than half-decent players post here the majority of the time.
Wyz when he's around
Myst
Myself
Yourself @Daz don't pretend you aren't around bro. I see ya :D
Zomar

Hell. We've even got the occasional scrub posting on this forum.
*cough*
MasterKaito
*cough*

What's the point of your presence in this section if you only take this side of stick page as a joke?

(Incorrect and unreliable are two different words with two different meanings. I have you my opinion. Respect it or don't, I suppose. @daz not really possible to bring valid evidence that anyone person could falsify merely by taking screenshots at their discretion of the maps appearance. I don't like wiki, get over yourself. Let's focus on something that is actually on topic now instead of typing "back on topic,..." And still continuing to speak over the same subject. That was humorous enough for me to point out to you. Not sure if that was a subtle slip up in your process of scribing intellegent yet highly literal/opinionated pos. Since you seem like you speak the language, let me give you an instance in another field of writing. Let's say... Personification. When people say, "The wind whispered as it blew through the leaves of the foliage..." Do they literally mean the wind decided that it would utter sweet and tender nothings? Not at all right? Apply your "basic knowledge" that you learned from your education and apply it to the best of your ability when reading Daz. I'll do my part and not use ratios when attempting to give a general perspective regarding my experiences.)

Skeletonxf
11-17-2015, 08:45 AM
WyzDM said on stream a while ago that he thinks he is on the left more than on the right but more importantly cited an idea that ping speed may determine left/right allocation. I think he even said Brock told him the code was just random allocation but this idea at least has some semblance of an explanation for a bias. Obviously half of SE games are played on the left but the idea would be that some players get this side more often and vica versa. The reason I bring this up as even worth considering is that unlike with a map that brings many biases to memory of events I cannot imagine any such influence on a left/right bias. Alsl logging left/right bias should not be so hard for me to do without spending much time on it.

If WyzDM's theory is correct then as my ping is usually not great I should find I get a right side map bias where he would get a left side bias.

Dazzy
11-17-2015, 01:23 PM
"If you want to make this section better, then do the effort. Like when you're making the wiki. You've taken a shitty wiki, and made it into a great one now, yeah? You can do it here too. I'll gladly lend a hand in reconstructing this section."

www.teamzenith.com

Or we could start from scratch. Like we did with the wiki. Here, we're an open forum (community hub), with people getting out high quality media, guides and content.

AsePlayer
11-17-2015, 07:39 PM
Stick Empires wiki is broken.

Some fgt just erases everything and links to his twitter lol

Dazzy
11-17-2015, 08:41 PM
Stick Empires wiki is broken.

Some fgt just erases everything and links to his twitter lol

Give some links? It looks fine to me.

AsePlayer
11-17-2015, 10:10 PM
Give some links? It looks fine to me.

It's all fixed ._.

Kudos to whoever went through all that to fix everything up.

EDIT: A majority of the elemental units don't have pages for them or they weren't linked properly.

Skeletonxf
11-18-2015, 12:13 AM
Hmm? Oh I'll check on the wiki again.

TaiTheKidRX
11-18-2015, 03:37 PM
This game has some serious problems that needs to be addressed and fixed or it will forever remain mediocre
1-People who lag switch or have severe unnatural ping AKA Allah/Miscrits these people ruin the game and are the main reason why most top players quit since it is so hard to obtain rating once you get 2400+. Just make this game server based so there can be a average ping
2-Freezers This is the worst issue, This frustrates me so much, you either leave the game there forever and hope for the best or leave and lose your rating to the one who wants to wait the longest.
3- Castle and Grasshills these maps provide a unfair advantage to Order/Chaos and must be removed.
4- +0 Rating as a 2500 player You will certainly rage or get frustrated if you wait on 1000+ queue times just to get some 1700 to get +0 or some lag abuser, main reason why many players quit. Make the minimum rating +1 and fix queue times.
Players such as micrits and allah should be Permanently IP banned since they simply ruin the game for players by abusing lag, EX: Allah made the ping have up to 5 second delay and I had him on castle which already gives him a advantage since Order has superior early units and requires no micro, any player can kill a chaos player with 5 second delay on castle going sword/archer 222222222222222.
Fix these severe issues and you might have a decent game and not many players quitting.

alternate
11-18-2015, 04:42 PM
I have reported Allah, as have others, with video evidence multiple times... Miscrits is the same... his abuse continues.

Also, total300, I just submitted a video I took of his cheating abuse today to Ase... we will see if anything happens...

Sevarus
11-18-2015, 04:43 PM
This game has some serious problems that needs to be addressed and fixed or it will forever remain mediocre
1-People who lag switch or have severe unnatural ping AKA Allah/Miscrits these people ruin the game and are the main reason why most top players quit since it is so hard to obtain rating once you get 2400+. Just make this game server based so there can be a average ping
2-Freezers This is the worst issue, This frustrates me so much, you either leave the game there forever and hope for the best or leave and lose your rating to the one who wants to wait the longest.
3- Castle and Grasshills these maps provide a unfair advantage to Order/Chaos and must be removed.
4- +0 Rating as a 2500 player You will certainly rage or get frustrated if you wait on 1000+ queue times just to get some 1700 to get +0 or some lag abuser, main reason why many players quit. Make the minimum rating +1 and fix queue times.
Players such as micrits and allah should be Permanently IP banned since they simply ruin the game for players by abusing lag, EX: Allah made the ping have up to 5 second delay and I had him on castle which already gives him a advantage since Order has superior early units and requires no micro, any player can kill a chaos player with 5 second delay on castle going sword/archer 222222222222222.
Fix these severe issues and you might have a decent game and not many players quitting.

And now for the defence!

AsePlayer
11-18-2015, 08:02 PM
And now for the defence!

Speartons, ho. *builds wall and triple CA*

spino
11-19-2015, 04:13 AM
Tai
Freezers are not that common anymore (but it'd be nice to figure out why and address the problem).
So if you freeze very often, either it is people that play in an Asian timezone that I have never met, or it is your internet/connection to the server.

I do believe you play on wireless?
As for the rest, I completely understand your concern.

alternate
11-19-2015, 05:56 AM
Also, Forfunn, Comuna need added to the need to be dealt with list of abusers...
CJ needs to upgrade some mods to be able to deal with in game abusers since he seems unable to do it in any sort of timely fashion...

PUMU
11-19-2015, 06:37 AM
Give it time. Something was done about miscrits after evidence was collected. Why not do the same for these other users?

Mystery
11-19-2015, 06:58 AM
Reminder : Don't mix up "Laggy players" and "Cheaters"

alternate
11-19-2015, 07:57 AM
Reminder : Don't mix up "Laggy players" and "Cheaters"

How do you tell the difference? With forfunn, I had a match with him that froze for 18 seconds, no lag count out... 1 minute and 43 seconds game time took SIX real life minutes... no lag out...

Totally unstable ping entire match.

Same with Comuna this morning, ping ran from 183 to over 800 entire time we played. Same with total300, I have video evidence of not just "lag," but unexplainable unstable ping swings.

So how do we tell the difference between just a laggy player (which I generally take to mean a stable ping in the 250-300 range), and someone who us purposefully abusing?

AsePlayer
11-19-2015, 08:18 AM

So how do we tell the difference between just a laggy player (which I generally take to mean a stable ping in the 250-300 range), and someone who us purposefully abusing?

You can't.

HashBrownTrials
11-19-2015, 08:21 AM
You can't.

Well DAZ lags but its not unbearable compared to a player like miscrits who purposely changes the lag to fit his bidding. I can tell that there's a difference.

Mystery
11-19-2015, 08:35 AM
How do you tell the difference? With forfunn, I had a match with him that froze for 18 seconds, no lag count out... 1 minute and 43 seconds game time took SIX real life minutes... no lag out...

Totally unstable ping entire match.

Same with Comuna this morning, ping ran from 183 to over 800 entire time we played. Same with total300, I have video evidence of not just "lag," but unexplainable unstable ping swings.

unstable ping swing, depends on how "unstable"
for the slipnot case that I reported before, the ping changed from 200 to 2000 within 1 second, which was obviously a cheat

Generally laggy player should have stable ping even they lag. For the lag out issue, it is simply broken. I met tons of laggy players but I rarely see anyone lagged out.

And talking about slipnot(miscrits) case, I think it is now proved that he used to cheat by purpose.
After he got his accounts banned , he is now using IMiscritsI account, and he no longer lagged like he used to be, stable 270 ping. So it proves that he has a good net.

alternate
11-19-2015, 08:44 AM
for the slipnot case that I reported before, the ping changed from 200 to 2000 within 1 second, which was obviously a cheat

Generally laggy player should have stable ping even they lag. For the lag out issue, it is simply broken. I met tons of laggy players but I rarely see anyone lagged out.

And talking about slipnot(miscrits) case, I think it is now proved that he used to cheat by purpose.
After he got his accounts banned , he is now using IMiscritsI account, and he no longer lagged like he used to be, stable 270 ping. So it proves that he has a good net.

Generally, agree. I disagree that slip is now playing fair, myself and others are still having issues with unstable ping when we play him, sudden black box lag storms at crucial moments, etc. He may have stopped against top top players, since he knows CJ will take action more quickly.

TaiTheKidRX
11-19-2015, 04:01 PM

Miscrits used it against me a week ago... He didn't change.
BTW This guy named laggerlite has to be banned, well his name is obvious too, I played against him several times and he averages 400 ping but then he spikes it at times to try to take advantage of the situation, like when I'm about to bomb his base he gets a ca and suddenly ping goes to 2000 for 5 seconds and drops to 400. Its quite obvious he lag switches

MasterKaito
11-22-2015, 01:31 AM
I can select my units and press the global commands but when I click on my screen for a unit to perform an action they don't do it. This happened in ranked and then against the AI.

^ Above fixed by itself.

-----

Has anyone else been experiencing chat lag? (My connection is fine)

SHAD0VV
12-02-2015, 08:54 PM
A while ago, before I had a forum account, I found an interesting replay exploit that enables you to play against the Ai (and on older versions of the game) without an actual account.
I'm sure that others have found this before too, but I found another interesting part to it.

To do this, first open up any replay. For the custom match to work, you'll need to have a replay that's version is high enough. You can change the game version by just setting &version=2.29 on the URL to something else.

The second step, is to press pause, and then escape.

Thirdly, click on LEADERBOARD. Do not click on lobby, oddly enough clicking leaderboard brings you to the lobby whereas lobby does not. On the 2.29 version replays, you will see this:
http://i.imgur.com/3I3pq0L.png
On older versions you will probably see the spearton in the featured armory items.
Now you can enter custom match, and play the Ai's.
There are a lot of bugs with this, (I saw random black screens and such)

However, the more interesting part to me was an armory glitch I discovered. To do this, use an older replay. For mine I used version 2.05.
Do the above steps, until you come to the lobby.
This is a picture of the lobby from the 1.60 version:
http://i.imgur.com/P0iP9TC.png
The next thing to do is to click on earn coins. Exit both the pop-ups, and you will see this screen:
http://i.imgur.com/DSG1XSP.png
It'll be flashing between the chaos and order armories.
Once you click on "done" you will see an odd "update weapon record" dialogue box. I assume the devs used this but with this method you have access to it.
http://i.imgur.com/iTVLpo9.png
It will let you enter whatever you like in the box, but won't do anything.

I'm not sure if this needs to be patched, as all you can do without an account is play against the Ai, but I thought it was interesting and it is still a bug with the game.

Nyarlathotep
12-02-2015, 10:47 PM
That one's been posted about a few times.

AsePlayer
12-02-2015, 11:15 PM
Old news bud

SHAD0VV
12-03-2015, 09:16 AM
Oh, well nevermind then

MasterKaito
12-07-2015, 07:48 PM
pretty sure this has been broken for a while

https://i.gyazo.com/d6aff33307f2339f4dc431584a62666b.png

https://i.gyazo.com/6e78c8cbab17f3c7abe2d13a219c3e49.png

TaiTheKidRX
12-08-2015, 02:09 PM
I believe ninjas need to be nerfed, They are broken, and in mass numbers can stall the game to 20-30 minutes by instakilling tower spawn accompanied by 2-3 CA and simply retreating when you attack or spawn doesnt die. Ninjas are just toxic to the game, they are cost efficient 450 150 mana with shinobi 2 which can be used to kill multiple mages and are immune to spell effects besides reap in stealth. If you switch to wings when ninja numbers are getting high a simple spear wall archer meric combo just destroys wings. Wings either need to be buffed or ninja costs should be increased or speed reduced.

alternate
12-08-2015, 02:16 PM
I believe ninjas need to be nerfed, They are broken, and in mass numbers can stall the game to 20-30 minutes by instakilling tower spawn accompanied by 2-3 CA and simply retreating when you attack or spawn doesnt die. Ninjas are just toxic to the game, they are cost efficient 450 150 mana with shinobi 2 which can be used to kill multiple mages and are immune to spell effects besides reap in stealth. If you switch to wings when ninja numbers are getting high a simple spear wall archer meric combo just destroys wings. Wings either need to be buffed or ninja costs should be increased or speed reduced.

You ran into Stanisslav, eh? Ninjas can't be nerfed, unless you want to totally mess up OvC balance... it already takes two ninjas to take out a single medusa or whatever that other spellcaster is called for chaos. Would mess up OvO as well, since the game meta is already all archer, and weakening ninjas would make that even worse...

Honestly, ninja spammers are not too terrible to deal with on most fields, except long ones, if you know the right counters. Ninjas have a number of weaknesses, including air units of both O and C.

TaiTheKidRX
12-08-2015, 02:21 PM
Says the guy who only turtles every game and stalls...
CvO is balanced, Spear/Archer/Meric = Jug Dead. If you don't play chaos or against someone like myst.
If ninjas are not nerfed then nerf spear wall reduction damage, and 2 ninjas are not needed for medusa since petrify is buggy and it sometimes take 2-3 tries for it work allowing ninjas to get 2 more AA in.

alternate
12-08-2015, 02:28 PM
lol, um, I don't turtle every match. Turtle is one of many strats I use. You are crazy if you think spear/arch/meric = jug dead. Myst and others wrote a long post about how that isn't at all true or accurate.

TaiTheKidRX
12-08-2015, 02:30 PM
Every single replay I watch, all you do is stall and turtle against players decent or better than you. You say jug dead>meric/spear/archer, yet I can beat 2.4k chaos players with it, and I don't even play order

PUMU
12-08-2015, 02:40 PM
Who are these players exactly Tai?
My chaos has gotten to 2.5k and I find that with the addition of bombs jug/dead >>>>>>>>> spear/archer/meric

The chaos player probably just mismicroed if you can push the chaos player away without the use of walls and possibly magikills and or ninjas.

TaiTheKidRX
12-08-2015, 02:43 PM
2.5k yea right

alternate
12-08-2015, 03:14 PM
Every single replay I watch, all you do is stall and turtle against players decent or better than you. You say jug dead>meric/spear/archer, yet I can beat 2.4k chaos players with it, and I don't even play order

Have any replays, because I am very very doubtful of your claim.
I use a variety of builds and strats depending on my opponent. I choose whatever when given my strengths and weaknesses and my opponents I feel will assure victory. Sorry that bothers you so much. :o

TaiTheKidRX
12-08-2015, 04:00 PM
Have any replays, because I am very very doubtful of your claim.
I use a variety of builds and strats depending on my opponent. I choose whatever when given my strengths and weaknesses and my opponents I feel will assure victory. Sorry that bothers you so much. :o

www.stickempires.com/play?replay=replay11307126&version=2.29 I have many more of these replays of your crying and accusations, along with screenshots of your verbal spamming after game. And all these replays show your stalling and turtle.

PUMU
12-08-2015, 04:06 PM
2.5k yea right

2672 elementals
2514 chaos

Order is tbd 2.2~
Myst and wyz have played it before lol.
I'm le IamxSoS in case ya didn't know.

To add to the defense of alternate:
Using the word "every" is a pretty bold claim as well as one that is invalid if I went for the literal sense of the word.
On the games that I've played against alternate he does more than just turtle.

Being an old player coming back to the game, I wouldn't expect this from ya tbh. I would see this from maybe miscrits or max if he's having a bad day.

TaiTheKidRX
12-08-2015, 04:13 PM
Myst said you not 2.5k chaos at all, and that your rating is by farming some ele
He used ele and farmed a 2.5k player 12 times in streak in one day lol
But chaos is max 2.3k or 2.4k -Myst

alternate
12-08-2015, 04:18 PM
LMBO... I was asking for those magical replays of you beating 2.4 or higher chaos with order spear/mer/arch, countrythaichicken, that you mention earlier.

MasterKaito
12-08-2015, 06:00 PM
How about these replays of SpartanOtaku vs. Khan?
www.stickempires.com/play?replay=replay10651422&version=2.29
www.stickempires.com/play?replay=replay10651508&version=2.29

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/62981978.jpg

PUMU
12-08-2015, 08:10 PM
Myst said you not 2.5k chaos at all, and that your rating is by farming some ele

Farmed?
Mystery played with me in several games in which I lost a few to the shadow mass/stall meta he used. I figured out what I was doing and won my fair share against his order.
Khan
Wyz at a few points vs both his chaos and his order I think I lost 2 CvC games out of our set of however many it was.
Truthful wayyy back when he played. I did have a streak against him but it didn't get my beyond 2630~
Waseem
Champ
(I think guddah was still around but I can't say for certain on that)

All of the above players were there and active plus a few more; with the not really notable 2k and below players that pretty much wasted time.

I'm pretty sure mystery didn't say that my chaos wasn't 2.5 as I spoke with him recently regarding chaos and he was asking me exactly what I do regarding micro for early game to exchange tips/advice.
I could simply ring him up to verify should I feel obligated if you'd like as well.
8 games with truthful led to my rating of 2610 before he left from SE for a while. A combination of people led to the rating of the prior mentioned. Let's take this to pm if you want cause I realized that I've been posting something quite irrelevant to problems with the game. Add me on skype too if ya want so I can set up a group with myst and the rest of ET.

Message from skype with myst:
Myself:

Based on several words from you I find this a hilarious claim

Myst:

I am having my exams
So I don't bother to explain and waste my time on forum
But don't treat anything that mentioned by Tai serious lol
You know he is quite meh

Myself again:
I wasn't I just wanted to share the laugh cause I already know your view of my stuff from previous conversations XD

Good luck on your exams by the way man.

WyzDM
12-08-2015, 09:51 PM
Well you should finish your exams and join some tournys, put it to the real test.

On subject: Please PLEASE have an update to deal with the amount of saved games kept on my profile. It's really laggy. :(

AsePlayer
12-08-2015, 10:43 PM
Well you should finish your exams and join some tournys, put it to the real test.

On subject: Please PLEASE have an update to deal with the amount of saved games kept on my profile. It's really laggy. :(

Pay2Lose membership.

PUMU
12-09-2015, 05:32 AM

I myself don't have exams.
Mystery does.

Once I get back into the game, (can't from where I am residing for the time being), I'll try to join some more tournies if that was targeted at me. I've joined a few before back when I played. I didn't get to join many SP related ones though.

Tourney atmosphere doesn't really make much of a difference when the game mechanics and macro from the opposing players remain basically the same in both ranked play and non-ranked-yet-organized play.

Zomar
12-09-2015, 01:19 PM
@Pumu You should definitely join some tourneys. Better than just blabbing about how good you used to be right? :P Also how come I never see you around but you say that you are 'back'? (genuine question not cynical).

Saved games are kind of a nuisance but they're not that big of a deal right now I think.. probably just another thing to add to their already enormous list of tiny fixes.

HashBrownTrials
12-09-2015, 01:26 PM
Tourney atmosphere doesn't really make much of a difference when the game mechanics and macro from the opposing players remain basically the same in both ranked play and non-ranked-yet-organized play.

Not entirely true. Non ranked vs ranked games make me play differently imo.

Playing a ranked match vs a hard opponent puts pressure on me knowing that it will take a lot of time to get my rating back if I lose, vs playing non-ranked to where I feel more comfortable and it allows me to be more serious and flexible in my playstyle since rating isn't a factor in non-ranked. To conclude, even I would be pushed to play a little better if I were in a tournament because it's more important to me than just any usual non ranked game.

MasterKaito
12-09-2015, 02:39 PM
>Played 3 games with skele, 100-150 ping
>Lagout at 130 ms

No downloads running/other things open.

Skeletonxf
12-09-2015, 03:21 PM
Really weird :/

PUMU
12-09-2015, 03:29 PM
Not entirely true. Non ranked vs ranked games make me play differently imo.

Playing a ranked match vs a hard opponent puts pressure on me knowing that it will take a lot of time to get my rating back if I lose, vs playing non-ranked to where I feel more comfortable and it allows me to be more serious and flexible in my playstyle since rating isn't a factor in non-ranked. To conclude, even I would be pushed to play a little better if I were in a tournament because it's more important to me than just any usual non ranked game.

@hash

I can understand the mental shift in comfort however your macro won't switch tremendously in either when compared with one another if the outcome you aim for is to win. Different builds maybe dependent upon what either player does but generally the same regardless imo. I was referring to tourney non ranked. Not casual non ranked where there is less pressure and an entirely different atmosphere.

@zomar
Although it may not have been your intention I recieved that as provoking XD
To clarify any confusion you have, I said that I'm back to ET. I've yet to have access to the game again from where I am at the moment; firewall and all that junk. In no way am I bragging though. Not sure why you would say that. Wyz asked originally, "since when were you 2.6k Pumu?" In which I replied, "a while ago I posted in the SE chat thread that I had reached 2672 with my ele"

Then Tai decides to show up and I begin speaking to him about how chaos can do a bit with merely jugs/deads against spear/archer/meric if played correctly. He stated that the build works around 2.4k and lower but not higher in which I am one of those instances where the statement is false. Same with wyz. Same with myst (although myst is still working on his, last I heard)
I have no issues playing in tournies as I have before like I said in which I used my ele but look forward to maining chaos now before moving back to order. I don't brag though. What I've been doing here with all of my spare time is helping other users and gamers better themselves in the game via in depth CnC and other tips that they could use to improve. Please don't say I brag though cause I really don't. I don't go around saying, "I'm the best! I can kick everyone's ass at this game!" I'm just a fellow gamer with the same competitive mentality as most others. Can't deal with that? Nothing you or I can do about that. Nuff said.

SHAD0VV
12-10-2015, 06:38 PM
I would like to address a very game-influencing issue, which is that I keep OOSing whenever I play elemental and only when I play elemental, and at random times, whether I am winning or losing.

As you can see below, my earths, whenever they morph, continuously change armory items:
http://i.imgur.com/cgqUzgf.png
I just use the fedora for my earths, however it is changing between all the different items, and one item that I have not seen before and looks like it has not been released.
I want to post this because, while I'm not sure others are having this issue, it is still something that needs to be patched because elemental is unplayable for me.

AsePlayer
12-10-2015, 07:47 PM
I would like to address a very game-influencing issue, which is that I keep OOSing whenever I play elemental and only when I play elemental, and at random times, whether I am winning or losing.

As you can see below, my earths, whenever they morph, continuously change armory items:
http://i.imgur.com/cgqUzgf.png
I just use the fedora for my earths, however it is changing between all the different items, and one item that I have not seen before and looks like it has not been released.
I want to post this because, while I'm not sure others are having this issue, it is still something that needs to be patched because elemental is unplayable for me.

Why would you try to use elementals?