PDA

View Full Version : Red VS Bluu!!!

Asakura赤
09-08-2012, 08:48 AM
http://i.imgur.com/vfGmz.png
Heres mine: http://www.fileize.com/view/825111e3-ddf/

http://i.imgur.com/0I5s7.png
Bluu's : http://www.fileize.com/view/2761bf7b-4de/
Right click and turn off loop please, for bluu's.

I was challanged by bluu ,Watch twice before voting and also vote fare.:)

JanRavnik
09-08-2012, 08:52 AM
Nice but we cant vote without a poll.
Put one up under the thread tools.

Asakura赤
09-08-2012, 08:55 AM
where the thread tools?

edit: done

_SAVY_
09-08-2012, 09:01 AM
i vote for red becouse it dosent was so woobly like bluu' his

MadMirrors
09-08-2012, 09:03 AM
We all know who won this.

Asakura赤
09-08-2012, 09:11 AM
he could get the lead tbh:I

Zach Samaroo
09-08-2012, 09:11 AM
Lets see who wins this

Strike
09-08-2012, 09:31 AM
I'm gonna be honest and I'm gonna have to say - both animations were quite bad. Try looking at tutorials really closely and post animations in short animations so you can get proper CnC there.

Rosie
09-08-2012, 09:39 AM
I'm gonna be honest and I'm gonna have to say - both animations were quite bad. Try looking at tutorials really closely and post animations in short animations so you can get proper CnC there.

Or they could just keep practicing, not trying to start anything, but I don't really like seeing the whole "look up tuts" posts and such, because everybody needs practice with something, right? I can't see the anims, so I can't really agree with you or not when you say "both were quite bad", lol

And I'm sure you can still give "proper CNC", I guess you just mean so certain flaws are easier to identify and point out, right?

Please don't think you're saying anything wrong, I'm not saying that. :P

Strike
09-08-2012, 10:00 AM
Or they could just keep practicing, not trying to start anything, but I don't really like seeing the whole "look up tuts" posts and such, because everybody needs practice with something, right? I can't see the anims, so I can't really agree with you or not when you say "both were quite bad", lol

And I'm sure you can still give "proper CNC", I guess you just mean so certain flaws are easier to identify and point out, right?

Please don't think you're saying anything wrong, I'm not saying that. :P1. Tutorials are there so that they could help you practise, no?
2. I could give proper CnC, but I'm not in the mood and there could be a whole page of CnC for these two.
3. No offense taken, love is still in the air. ;)

Asakura赤
09-08-2012, 10:03 AM
strike, you act like your the best? i can take Criticism but dont insult me, i done this shit in 2 days,what can you expect?

Strike
09-08-2012, 10:30 AM
No, I think you're just overreacting. I don't see why what I think insults you - can't you deal with reality? But don't worry, even I was like you when I just started, so I can understand your reaction actually. Also, I hope we do one speedbattle soon, I'll show you I can do better animation than yours in 2 hours! Also, don't take this as bragging, I just wanted to let you know that 2 days is plenty of time to make something decent.

I'm sorry, I guess.

Sincere regards,

Strike.

Asakura赤
09-08-2012, 10:41 AM
2 hours, and you say your not insulting me lmao dont comment if your going to say one thing and then do another. Also i rushed because i have work and school to focus on, not just animation, i spent about 1 hour and a half on each day so 3 hours of actaully animating.

Strike
09-08-2012, 10:47 AM
Hey, you could've just said so. Also, I would expect more maturity from someone who actually has a job and goes to school at the same time.

Can you please explain to me - how does the "2 hours" actually offend you? You mean, just because I'm capable of doing something like that in 2 hours is an insult? I guess I should go back to being bad again in that case.

Asakura赤
09-08-2012, 10:49 AM
heard of the sayying ''you got nothing nice to say, dont say anything at all''
Anyway im done arguing with you , theres no point good bye

Edit : and thanks for the vote :)

Flashwire
09-08-2012, 01:20 PM
strike, you act like your the best? i can take Criticism but dont insult me, i done this shit in 2 days,what can you expect?

2 hours, and you say your not insulting me lmao dont comment if your going to say one thing and then do another. Also i rushed because i have work and school to focus on, not just animation, i spent about 1 hour and a half on each day so 3 hours of actaully animating.
I remember I use to do this back when I was first starting out. If you're going to make an excuse, stick with one.

Red figure:

*Don't use too much free transform to move forward. I think it would be better to just do the frames over and over instead of F6ing.

* He was quite choppy when he was swinging his sword upwards. Think of choppiness as lag, my suggestion to fix this take out a double frame after the swing to not make it seem like its laggy.

* The first sword swings in the beginning are very stop and go.

A example of Stop and go:

|-|--|---|--------|--|-|

Do you see the abrupt stop in the lines? This my friend is stop and go.

Blue guy:

* There was no force in the throw. You can add force by double framing the beginning frames.

* His foot placement in the throw was off, if you look at his right leg you can see it slide back. My suggestion is trying the moves out in real life and see what happens to each individual body part.

* His reactions to the tentacle attacks show no life at all due to the fact he goes back to the same place and not doing anything else till hes attacked again. You have to think logically that a real person wouldn't just sit there and wait to be attacked. He would move around to dodge his opponent's swings.

* His reactions also have little easing on them, make sure to go back and look at the spacing and make sure that it is slowed down enough.

* I don't get why he suddenly grow back his arm from the tentacle sword slash after it was JUST cut off.

Effects:

* When the fire hit the sword it didn't disappear. It should disappear completely and should have more variety (Example: Orange with a slightly darker orange) if it's one solid color it seems kinda bland.

* Blood needs to be more eased and not just evaporate into the air that's not how gravity or things work. I suggest making to fall to the floor instead.

General Comments:

*Work on fixing that stop and go problem.

* Remember to ALWAYS ease movements and particles

* Keep in mind about good foot placement.

General Animation:

* There needs to be more easing involved on both figures.

The art of easing
|-|--|---|------|---------|-----|---|--|-|

Think of a train, does it stop abruptly at its detestation? No, it slowly comes to a stop.

Particles:

* Never get lazy on particles and by that I mean don't put one frame of blood then say I'm done. If you look at other animations their blood keeps going past 1 frame.

General Comments:

* Practice the simple stuff first like bouncing a ball or a simple kick. You don't need to go head first into something if you haven't mastered the basics.

I hope my CC helps you both in the future. C|:{I

JanRavnik
09-08-2012, 01:33 PM
Flashwire's got a point guys :3 You should listen to im ;)

Mr. Evil
09-08-2012, 02:00 PM
1. Tutorials are there so that they could help you practise, no?
2. I could give proper CnC, but I'm not in the mood and there could be a whole page of CnC for these two.
3. No offense taken, love is still in the air. ;)

1. True, but sometimes tutorials aren't the answer, sometimes practice is, yes?
2. Neither can I, since I'm already occupied with seeing how long I can keep my finger up my ass.
3. FUCK THIS NUMBER IT SUCKS

Drone
09-08-2012, 04:11 PM
red, don't make excuses, just get better.
anyway, they were both bad, imo, but reds was better I guess.
and blue, dont voice act if you cant
lol

RF.Kira
09-08-2012, 10:37 PM

I agree with this, I'm having a hard time on who to vote here since both of the anims need practice.

+Omega
09-09-2012, 08:25 AM

This is the battlezone and not the Community Animations section. So try to keep the topic and don't just say both battles were bad.
On top of that you can just try to give some constructive CnC even if that would be another whole page in your opinion. But obviously you don't really care, you just wanted to say that they are bad instead of trying to help them.

and what's with the "I can do something way better than you in two hours" ?
That's just lame and pretty obvious if you are already animating for some time and he is just a beginner. So stop acting arrogantly.
If you want to act like this go to irc or settle this through PM.

Asakura赤
09-09-2012, 08:27 AM
This is the battlezone and not the Community Animations section. So try to keep the topic and don't just say both battles were bad.
On top of that you can just try to give some constructive CnC even if that would be another whole page in your opinion. But obviously you don't really care, you just wanted to say that they are bad instead of trying to help them.

so true :I

Zanite
09-09-2012, 09:33 AM
I muted blues part lol. I vote red

Zach Samaroo
09-09-2012, 09:36 AM
so true :I

i agree

Strike
09-09-2012, 09:45 AM

and what's with the "I can do something way better than you in two hours" ?
That's just lame and pretty obvious if you are already animating for some time and he is just a beginner. So stop acting arrogantly.
If you want to act like this go to irc or settle this through PM.Alright, you've proven your point. I've made myself look like a d**k. I'm really sorry, hopefully you can forgive me. I guess we can't express what we feel about the animations in the "battlezone", seems like there are some new rules here because we over at Fluidanims were capable of doing that. Too bad only kids are here who can't stand up to truth. Please, go cry to your mommy.

What's with "I can do something way better than you in two hours". Don't forget I said "Also, don't take this as bragging, I just wanted to let you know that 2 days is plenty of time to make something decent." He was making excuses for making a bad animation due to working for only 2 days. With that attitude, he won't improve too very fast. It may seem arrogant, but..nevermind.

I'll give this a constructive enough criticism than:

Let us begin with your intro. It actually makes no sense at first, but after a few times you can realise that the stickman punches your "desktop".

Why is does it make no sense?

Well, that's all because of the way you animated it. There is no smoothing, no easing, no force - just slow weak movements. So yeah, with practise you'll learn to work with easing, smoothing and force.

Beginning of the animation itself: Well the reds stance and blues is actually alright, the problem starts when blue starts moving. Yet again, you miss easing, force and (We have a new one!) anticipation. When the fire reaches the red stickfigure, your sword slash misses easing as well - and you'll learn all that with practise and working with future animations.

Your tentacle doesn't feel like a tentacle at all. It's too stiff, so work on that one too. You have to also work on it's movements, but you'll learn that too.

Actually,...
...Flashwire has already given proper CnC to you two.

I guess I'll leave for good now, no point in talking here any longer - take this however you want kids.

+Omega
09-09-2012, 11:33 AM
See, that would have been good to start with.

and back at FA it wasn't like that. It was just that noone really took care of the Battlezone. This does not mean you aren't allowed to say that you think it is bad. It just means that you are to act with more responsibility and think about what you are doing.

Asakura赤
09-09-2012, 12:08 PM
when have i ever said they were tentacles? never, it is a black curse seal that can come out in anyform or shape.

Flashwire
09-09-2012, 12:15 PM
Well from my point of view its in a shape of a tentacle. Therefore, it is criticised as a tentacle.

Asakura赤
09-09-2012, 01:20 PM
but did i ever say they were tentacles?

Flashwire
09-09-2012, 01:37 PM
No you didn't, but as l said before:

Well from my point of view its in a shape of a tentacle. Therefore, it is criticised as a tentacle.

They are the shape of tentacles, therefore are presumed as tentacles. If you didn't want your audience to presume that you should have changed the shape.

Tocksique
09-09-2012, 02:45 PM
constructive CnC even if that would be another whole page in your opinion. But obviously you don't really care, you just wanted to say that they are bad instead of trying to help them.

constructive CnC even if that would be another whole page in your opinion.

constructive CnC

constructive CnC

Constructive CnC? Constructive constructive criticism? LOL XD
Anyway, i vote red cause his looked neater than blue's. Although, you both could use lots of work and should practice more before getting into battles(imo)