PDA

View Full Version : First anim in about 2 months

Rosie
09-14-2012, 02:47 PM
Not much, just tried unrusting.

http://www.fileize.com/view/aea2db09-120/

CnC please.

Also, I don't have a computer back yet, I borrowed a friends. This maybe my last (and first :P) anim in a while.

SCOUNDREL
09-14-2012, 02:51 PM
Why'd you lean back in all your attacks?
And you need more force and reactions need to be more exaggerated.

Rosie
09-14-2012, 02:59 PM
Why'd you lean back in all your attacks?
And you need more force and reactions need to be more exaggerated.
They weren't all leaning backwards, only the sweep kick. (first actual attempt at one tbh, so yeah, it sucks, I know), unless you're reffering to the stick-figure getting hit.
I've always sucked at reactions, but I'll be sure to practice, thank you anyway.

Slicker
09-14-2012, 03:09 PM
What happen to your computer :(

Rosie
09-14-2012, 03:13 PM
What happen to your computer :(

Died, nobody can fix it, gotta wait till christmas till I can get another.

Shensurei
09-14-2012, 03:14 PM
They weren't all leaning backwards, only the sweep kick. (first actual attempt at one tbh, so yeah, it sucks, I know), unless you're reffering to the stick-figure getting hit.
I think he was referring to the bending of the spine, which didn't seem at all out of place.

But yes, the reactions were a bit weak, especially the sweep kick (A sweep kick is meant to bring the legs out from under a person, he kinda just...tripped)
Also, the fall was strange. The legs were two different lengths on the landing. The first kick didn't really go up very far, and the leg did not straighten (which wouldn't result in a very effective kick in reality).
The sweep kick was more of just a shin kick aimed at the feet than a real sweep kick. Try looking up an example of a sweep kick, that may help.

Cash, don't give CnC unless you actually know what you're talking about.

Rosie, what EXACTLY is wrong with your computer?

neonFA
09-14-2012, 03:15 PM
Use different sounds, don't just repeat two.

SCOUNDREL
09-14-2012, 03:19 PM
Why,just why man?
I'm not feeling good,mentally,just saw an old Girlfriend and..... nvm
But that wasn't needed in the slightest.
Anyone can give CnC no matter their animation ability.

Rosie
09-14-2012, 03:23 PM
I think he was referring to the bending of the spine, which didn't seem at all out of place.

But yes, the reactions were a bit weak, especially the sweep kick (A sweep kick is meant to bring the legs out from under a person, he kinda just...tripped)
Also, the fall was strange. The legs were two different lengths on the landing. The first kick didn't really go up very far, and the leg did not straighten (which wouldn't result in a very effective kick in reality).
The sweep kick was more of just a shin kick aimed at the feet than a real sweep kick. Try looking up an example of a sweep kick, that may help.

Rosie, what EXACTLY is wrong with your computer?

Thanks Shen, this helps a LOT (had trouble with the sweep, I'll take this into consideration next time)

Not too sure myself, i THINK it's something to with the motherboard and the fan, I really have no idea, tbh.

Use different sounds, don't just repeat two.

My bad, but thanks :P

Shensurei
09-14-2012, 03:27 PM
Why,just why man?
I'm not feeling good,mentally,just saw an old Girlfriend and..... nvm
But that wasn't needed in the slightest.
Anyone can give CnC no matter their animation ability.
So two things.
1. Keep your personal life out of this. I, and probably half of this site, could give less of a fuck about your life.
2. Maybe it was a little overly harsh, but CnC, regardless of skill, isn't useful or reliable unless you actually know what the fuck you're talking about.

Rosie, if it's just the motherboard or the fan you could always just....buy a new part and reinstall everything.

Mr. Evil
09-14-2012, 03:29 PM
Well, everything's been said, so, yeah, it's still Ok, though.
tbh it seems you didn't exactly understand much about sweep kicks, but still, it was a decent attempt.

Mango
09-14-2012, 03:30 PM
I like the simplicity! My suggestion would be a little more double-framing.

Keep it up! :>

Quik
09-14-2012, 03:52 PM
Calm your supple grey tits Shen, I hate to say this but Cash's cnc was legit...
Rosie's body does often lean back during the attacks and are repetitive both in sounds and seemingly through the "punch kick" cycle used in this combo... As stated by Cash more exaggeration and force could be implied to increase intensity of the hits... Yup, that cnc was pretty much summing up what needs to get done in this anim... I just defended Cash, HOW BOUT DAT SHIT?

But for an unrust I am very impressed with the results and hope you continue on your seemingly positive path to getting better!

Keep it up Rosems!

:3

Shensurei
09-14-2012, 04:11 PM
I don't think you read the posts right, Quik.
You should really go read them again.
Maybe then you'll understand why I said what I said.

Slicker
09-14-2012, 04:16 PM
I also forgot to mention, I think it would look better if you made the pink figure the top layer. Instead the black being the top :)

n8ster
09-14-2012, 08:07 PM
Stiffness. I see a lot of it. Don't be afraid to bend the back, and more importantly straighten it. You don't want an Igor going around kicking butt. Maybe... >.> Also, add some more frames in-between each movement and learn to double frame. IT'S YOUR FRIEND. Not foo... *ahem* Anyway, keep it up. Good luck on the new computer! :) Happy animating!

-n8