PDA

View Full Version : Strategy (details on which unit is best for who)

duel91
09-29-2012, 08:50 AM
So i made this thread for the basics of all units
of course i will need to keep updating this thread as i will find new ways :)

OKAY

so basic units
I dont remember the names yet so il go with the basic names lol

Swordsman

Cheap
low hit points
low damage

uses of this unit is to suppress the enemy, such as to have archers or mages as support
although if you spam them and to use rage all at the same time then it would be useful too.

Spearman

decently expensive
decent hit points
decent damage

think this unit as the spartans and the swordsman as the romans, one of the spartans could take on all four, best way to use this is too protect you archers and to go against giants

Archers

decently expensive
low hit points
decent damage

from experience 4 archers can already take on 5-6 swordsman, due to the fact they already start hitting on them in the distant, very usefull in every way but attacking the statue

Giants

expensive
high hit points
decently high damage

personally i think this is a waste of money, although it is good to destroy the statue and units and what not but just a few flying archers and 4-5 speartons is already enough to kill it

il update the rest again when i play some more....i hope crazy jay wont delete this :p

Kapell
09-29-2012, 04:36 PM
are we allowed to post our own strategies and suggestions on how to counter each strategy and unit build?

duel91
09-30-2012, 08:51 AM
are we allowed to post our own strategies and suggestions on how to counter each strategy and unit build?

well yea sure this is an open thread made by me, so technically im just making this for people who are still new in the game, of course you post your own types of strategies as there are many, but non the less the top part i made is just for basic stats of the units and what they are good against.

Vyker
10-03-2012, 07:28 PM
I have a decent strategy I use almost every time, although occasionally I try something new, but I don't want to reveal it in case others use it :P

DUHsoALEX
10-04-2012, 07:04 AM
I have a decent strategy I use almost every time, although occasionally I try something new, but I don't want to reveal it in case others use it :P

Yeah, same here.

J_the_Man
10-04-2012, 04:39 PM
I'm going to guess a lot of strategies are revolving around the pole spawn?

duel91
10-04-2012, 08:15 PM
From what i have seen, usually people would spawn out atleast 4-5 swordman to the middle point for scouting out, and they will spawn the mage guy at unit number 4 again sorry cant really remember the name, and they would spawn atleast 2 of them and start charging already, at the same time they would have enough money and mana to buy 2 speartons as back up, including a magikill or whats his name, the guys in unit number 5.....

ctss1230
10-05-2012, 12:07 AM
My tactic is to get 2 miners,and a swordsman then get as many miners I can get based on what happens.If he rushes and kills my swordsman I get another 1 or 2 swordsmen,if he leaves me alone or I can keep my unit alive I keep getting miners untill i have 11 miners then I get archers on my base to protect them(8miners,3prayers),then depending on what happens I get 6 swordsman and rush the tower if he took and then i get archers or flying crossbowmen untill I can defend it well,but if i still have the tower I get 6 speartons and then 12 archers and go full shield wall.My support is the same 2 monks for healing,1 magikill for killing swordsman rushes,and 1 giant for breaking through his/her defences.I only get ninjas if i use the swordsman tactic because even though upgraded then can kill a mage unit with one hit I don't like microing just one unit at a time,and I use my units in a massive charge on his/her defences to break through then rebuild or I send my giant in to lure his units to my archers and attack then.

DUHsoALEX
10-05-2012, 03:42 AM
So that is your tactic ctss... but I find that bad against rushers because if they get a couple of archidons and speartons early, you have no defences.

ctss1230
10-05-2012, 02:12 PM
Not really if they rush with a swordsman,archer combo they have no econemy and I can just built up some more swordsmen.If they rush speartons I can get castle archers then get some swordsmen.All I have to do is pull my swordsman I started with back and get some new guys to help,after all putting units in the castle heals them,and almost every time after a battle the enemy doesn't heal there swordsman leaveing it defencesless with about half or no health.

DUHsoALEX
10-05-2012, 08:53 PM
Not really if they rush with a swordsman,archer combo they have no econemy and I can just built up some more swordsmen.If they rush speartons I can get castle archers then get some swordsmen.All I have to do is pull my swordsman I started with back and get some new guys to help,after all putting units in the castle heals them,and almost every time after a battle the enemy doesn't heal there swordsman leaveing it defencesless with about half or no health.

I guess so. Yea, sending your units back to heal is a good thing to do early in the game when you dont have a meric. I tend to only have 1 castle archer and focus more on an army. Giants are also good at taking down walls too - just wanted to add that in.

ctss1230
10-05-2012, 10:53 PM
I guess so. Yea, sending your units back to heal is a good thing to do early in the game when you dont have a meric. I tend to only have 1 castle archer and focus more on an army. Giants are also good at taking down walls too - just wanted to add that in. Really my giant almost never hits the enemy wall

anyway i think i figured out the units

Swordwrath -health-1bar
-attack-weak
-advantages-cheap,and easy to mass early game,rage lets you chase retreating enemies or rush archidons

Archidon -health-1bar
-attack-regular fair,fire arrows good,ranged
-advantages-the starting range unit,priced well allows you to attack defencive player with fire arrows at safe distance

Spearton -health-5bars
-attack-weak
-advantages-shield wall let's you defend while archers attack from safety,shield bash pushs back and attacks enemies

magikill -health-2bars
-attack-regular puny,devisation massive area of affect,posion spray good over time,mage wall good
-advantages-the starting spell does almost 1 bar of health,the second spell has the range of an arrow attack,and the third spell can assist in helping a spearton shield wall or block off a retreat

meric -health-2bars
-attack-none
-advantages-can heal units,and cure poision

shadowwrath -health-3 bars
-attack-regular puny,full stacking about 1bar,shinobi cloak1 massive and posion,shinobi cloak2 2bars of health and posion
-advantages-fast,can cloak,can posion targets,can kill a mage unit in 1hit,good scout

flying crossbowman -health-1bar
-attack-regular good,upgraded great,ranged
-advantages-can fly over walls,can't be hit by melee attacks,good scout

enslaved giant -health-starting 10bars,updgrade1 15bars,upgrade2 20(plus?)bars
-attack-good,causes stun,ranged
-advantages-massive health,blocks ranged attacks for units behind it

DUHsoALEX
10-06-2012, 06:11 AM
Ctss, I think you pretty much covered all the Order units. This should be helpful for beginners.

noober
10-06-2012, 08:58 AM
guys I'm pretty sure you guys hate me but come guys we are the very first to play the stradegies we use will eventually used by all, if any of you play starcraft2 you may understand
so I think to make stadegy easier to understand we should have a build order system like compared to our population
for example
2 archidon and swordwrath
4 2 miners
6 1 swordwrath
7 spartan

something like that
I think this is the best way to share our stradegies to all

ctss1230
10-06-2012, 10:59 AM
guys I'm pretty sure you guys hate me but come guys we are the very first to play the stradegies we use will eventually used by all, if any of you play starcraft2 you may understand
so I think to make stadegy easier to understand we should have a build order system like compared to our population
for example
2 archidon and swordwrath
4 2 miners
6 1 swordwrath
7 spartan

something like that
I think this is the best way to share our stradegies to all

ok here i go

4 2miners 1swordwrath

9 2miners

13 1miner

15 improvise---

80 win?

I think we need a new system of telling strats

jzqwerty
10-06-2012, 11:45 AM
Use swordwrath to overwhelm the enemy by numbers.

ctss1230
10-06-2012, 11:51 AM
Use swordwrath to overwhelm the enemy by numbers.

you can't the magikill's first spell has an area affect that does about 80% of there health and speartons' shield bash has a knockback affect that stuns them and allows them to be over run

Dracus94
10-06-2012, 07:43 PM
Tower Spawn is imbalanced.
Use it.

Dracus94
10-06-2012, 08:34 PM
This is my strategy for the Order faction (Only used against the Order so far, not sure how it will far against the Chaos)
This strategy has given me a 16/3 win loss ratio. (If you take into account that 5 of my losses are from lag forfeits ;))
Build:
This opening works with pretty much every build, allowing you to get an economical edge over your opponent.
1. When the match starts que up 2 miners and 1 swordswrath.

*Make sure that the spawning miners are being sent to work on the gold patches.

2. Your swordswrath should finish in-between your first miner and your second miner. Send him to the tower in the middle of the map.

*This tower generates 20 gold every so often, and while this isn't that big it can still give you an edge (1 free miner, an extra swordswrath for more map control, etc.)
*However, the biggest reason for taking this tower is to make sure that your opponent can't use Tower Spawn. This will screw you up majorly (If you don't have a huge army to negate the effect), and it's very difficult to recover after this.

*Some players will have the same idea to take the tower, and will also send their swordswrath to fight yours.

*The Swordswrath who hit first will win the fight.
*It's not a big deal who wins and has control over the tower (For the first minute or so of the game), as they most likely won't get Tower Spawn that soon. Later on with your stronger economy you can easily overwhelm them.
*If your opponent harasses your miners with his Swordswrath, he'll have so little hp you can just poke him with your pickaxe.

3. Keep producing miners until you have 8 of them on the gold patches.

*If your Swordswrath is still at the tower, send him to your opponents base to 'scout'.

*This is to gauge how serious the situation is, seeing how good their economy is, how large their army is, and what its made of.

*Occasionally they'll overreact and send all their units into garrison, heavily damaging their economy.

4. After you have 8 on the gold, start producing 3-5 miners to pray for you. (Depending how heavily you plan to rely on mana)
5. ???
6. Profit
Note: If the opponent ever rushes/attacks you, just remember that's why you had a swordswrath positioned at the tower. To get a head's up of the situation. Just gauge the situation. If he's sending ~5 Swordswrath at you, don't overreact. You have the superior economy, and can get out an army to decimate his. This will put him even farther behind, so you can probably just end the game right then and there.

Build Order System:
Population 2 - Build 2 miners, 1 Swordswrath.
7 - 4 miners, Swordswrath if opponent is rushing.
15 - 3/5 miners (Mana), Spearton or other offensive unit.
Then build whatever. :D

Other Random Useful Tips:

With this strong of an economy, you can build pretty much anything you want. However, try to remain smart about it.

Flying Crossbowmen:

*With the Flaming Bolts upgrade these are extremely good for support. About twice as good as the Archers, actually.

*If your opponent is going for giants, don't overload these guys. They're easily destroyed by giants (2-hits), and if your opponent focus fires them and you don't have any Speartons because you got too many of these, you're screwed.

Swordswrath:

*Good in the beginning and as a quick reinforcement later on, but you'll find that they're easily killed, and shouldn't be used as the tanking/backbone of your army.
*Can be used to "scout" your opponent.

Speartons:

*Great for holding off mid-game pressure, and as a backbone of your army.
*Use them to tank enemy giants. If the enemy is massing archers, they can run up and slaughter them too.

Walls:

*Very useful. Can be used to hold off Tower Spawn.
*Use if your opponent has giants. Those fatties can never hit the wall.

And I've left out so much stuff... But I don't care :3 I think that was enough.

The only time I've ever (Legitimately) lost using this is when my opponent took over the tower and used Tower Spawn.
Good luck, have fun people! :D

jmitchlite
10-06-2012, 11:03 PM
I actually posted a rush build, and it wins very often.

Cooper475
10-07-2012, 01:59 AM
Mt strategy is to build one swordsman to capture the obelisk and use the obelisk spawn to soften up the enemy, after this i build 2 miners for mana and put 1 miner on each dig spot. The I build my army :P

Dracus94
10-07-2012, 11:59 AM
I actually posted a rush build, and it wins very often.
Really? I'd like to see it :D

jmitchlite
10-07-2012, 01:05 PM
hm.. the post never got put up. here it is:

swordwrath x2
@2 swordwrath, go to the gold tower
miner
swordwrath
swordwrath
--attack here--
miner
set to pray
miner
archidon

that's the gist of it, it got me to rank 54 on the leaderboard.

_North
10-07-2012, 07:22 PM
Here's mine, it does not work as well on the small castle map as the initial archer does not have a lot of room to run around.

1. Get archer and miner
2. Use the archer's ability to secure mid (Only attack when the bow is pulled back completely, then run back and repeat to kill enemy sword wrath)
3. Get two more miners (One to get mana)
4. Get a spearton
5. If he's offensive, build a wall past the obelisk. If he's defensive, amass archers and assert map control
6. Get at least 2 healers and a couple more speartons (get the shield wall upgrade)
7. If they have alot of healers, get ninjas and flying guys to slip past and focus them
8. If they have no air attack, consider getting some flying guys to poke them
9. Rest of game is all up to how they play

puspuler
10-08-2012, 10:55 AM
I don't know if this will help, but I am a Chaos user.
First I put my two Miners to mining.
Rappidly I build 3 Crawlers, and then a Miner.
I amediely make my Miner pray.
Once one crawler has been produced, I scout the centered point.
If there is someone there I will run away untill my third Crawler is done, then I will come back and kill anyone there.
I will produce 3 more Crawlers.
And then I just build Giants and Ghosts.

Regards,
pus

P.S- I can't beleive I am placed 60 in the world.

pink444
10-08-2012, 02:54 PM
1. Get 3 miners
2. build 2 swordwrath and cap the point
3. ????
4. WIN!

86 on the leaderboards right now.

Dracus94
10-08-2012, 07:04 PM
hm.. the post never got put up. here it is:

swordwrath x2
@2 swordwrath, go to the gold tower
miner
swordwrath
swordwrath
--attack here--
miner
set to pray
miner
archidon

that's the gist of it, it got me to rank 54 on the leaderboard.
Sounds interesting. That's been used on me before, but I've never lost to a rush build before.
I'm currently rank 4 on the leaderboards... heh

SausageBeast
10-09-2012, 04:42 PM
1. Get 3 miners
2. build 2 swordwrath and cap the point
3. ????
4. WIN!

86 on the leaderboards right now.

It is only alpha right now, so there are few users anyway. Right now, I'm around 40, but when the game is officially released, I'm sure I won't even be on the leader board.