PDA

View Full Version : Lava Dredger, Shield, and a New RHG

Arch-Angel
10-03-2012, 10:53 PM
So yeah before my hiatus I was planning to make a new RHG character.
In a nutshell he's going to wield a one handed weapon and a shield and have the ability to control fire (High resistance to fire and heat of course).

I just finished this, and it took about an hour or so to draw and color. Well, about five minutes to color lol. Just a few linear and radials.
Tomorrow I'm going to add some depth and detail to it, the final product is going to look rather stunning if I can pull it off just right.

The idea is that you will not be able to notice the linear colors when it's all said and done. That's how much detail I plan on putting into it lol.
And yes, this is in the appropriate section as I'm going to be animating certain aspects of the axe, and making a demo with it.
The final product is going to be this axe, a shield, and my new RHG demo. I'm also recording myself draw and animate all of this.
The day one video should be on youtube tomorrow :)
I'm just going to leave this thread here for you all to critique my axe and color choice until I return tomorrow morning. If changes are going to be made, I would like to do it before I pass the point of no return lol.

Day one: http://www.*************/open/1349320146
Lava Dredger basic concept and colors.

Day Two: http://filz.us/d9
Axe and shield.
I like how the axe came out, I expected better, but I already know how I'm going to redesign it in the future when I get around to it and it's going to be much better.
I like the shield. It needs more detail, but due to how much I'm going to have to shrink it for the anims I don't really find the need to. I like how I did the wood boards.

I'm currently working on the demo and I'm at 10 seconds D:

Equinox Fox
10-03-2012, 11:01 PM
Not gonna lie.
I'm now looking forward to this due to just the look of the axe.

Harleyg
10-04-2012, 12:36 AM
Not gonna lie.
I'm now looking forward to this due to just the look of the axe.

I agree, i want to hump that axe :l

Arch-Angel
10-04-2012, 08:00 AM
I've got the steel textured to my liking and I'm working on the fun times with the blade.
I'll be back from class n stuff in a few hours so I can finish up the axe and work on the shield.

jdogg
10-04-2012, 05:29 PM
Glad to see your animating. The axe looks great right now. May I ask why it is flat edge on one side and like cogged on the other?

Octavarium
10-05-2012, 05:31 AM
err i think if this axe hit someone with the left blade will do se severe damages in the area where he was struck lol
this axe look prety cool, I'm wondering how will be the shield :)

eXtreme247
10-05-2012, 05:42 AM
it LOOKS flippin AWESOME DUDE

Arch-Angel
10-05-2012, 02:06 PM
Glad to see your animating. The axe looks great right now. May I ask why it is flat edge on one side and like cogged on the other?

It's just how I'm designing the axe. It's going to b e a one handed axe and only use the blade side. The cog side if for weight to increase force and aestethic purposes.

acb
10-05-2012, 02:15 PM
that axe is pretty damn neat

Arch-Angel
10-09-2012, 12:05 AM
http://filz.us/d9
I'm currently working on the demo. I wish it was at a higher quality, but It's sort of rushed because I want to animate at the moment rather than draw lol.
I'll redo them in the future, but as for now. I have a demo to make.