PDA

View Full Version : Kicks

Blot
10-08-2012, 08:35 AM
http://www.fileize.com/files/7cea5c5f/bdf/kicks.swf

Getting better. Looking for someone who is willing to help me improve.

acb
10-08-2012, 10:07 AM
It needs more anticipation in the movements, then it will make the hits look more powerful and full-filling; for example:
moving for the hit..........hit......slows down...
|||||||||||||||||||.|...|......|......|..|.||||||| ||||

^ I don't blame you if you don't understand this lol.

Also, if you want a continuous combo, don't slow down so much after or before hits.

Blot
10-08-2012, 10:17 AM
Haha you don't need to explain anything mate, I understand easing and spacing, and anticipation. I came over from pivot, I just can't seem to execute it in flash.

acb
10-08-2012, 10:25 AM
Hah' oh good so you're not a noob', no wonder the test was better than usual :3
Well then just keep doing whatcha' doing I guess lol

Blot
10-08-2012, 10:26 AM
yeah I guess it is just practice. I'm intermediate in Pivot on Dark Demon, so I guess that is something that will help me with flash haha

jdogg
10-08-2012, 10:45 AM
CnC: The first kick needs more force. Normally I'd suggest to just delete a couple frames before the kick, I can't do that because you didn't anticipate very much. One thing to remember in flash is to make MORE frames. Anticipation is probably the most important thing for executing attacks.
The arms were really awkward. Smooth, but it didn't look right. Image how someone's arms would look in real life and try to animate that.
The second kick once again needed more force, and the stick was really off balance. Notice how his back is leaned really far back? It looks odd. I suggest that on the actual kicking frame, you make him lean forward, and then keep him leaned forward for the next couple frames. This will look better and add force.

Blot
10-08-2012, 10:48 AM
thanks for the comment! definitely helped, I'll animate something again soon, see how I go

B210
10-08-2012, 11:00 AM
Definately practice what Jdogg and AC said bro. Itll help your anims alot :3
Also i dunno if you remember me from darkdemon or not (Insomniac) but hai Blot :D lol

Blot
10-08-2012, 11:09 AM
Yeah I know you man, great to see a friendly face so to speak.