View Full Version : Jeus's FIRST attempt at Pivot

Jeus Christ
10-10-2012, 02:53 PM
"This is my first attempt at Pivot"
http://i.imgur.com/RTkF2.gif

Ghombeat
10-10-2012, 03:25 PM
Here my CnC:
It's smooth, but it's wobbly, the jump doesn't have enough anticipatiom, but the run has too much, the jump is strange and the steps are too near, anyway, it's a good "first attempt with pivot", also, remember, pratice make everyone better and nobody is perfect.

My tips:
-Use a guideline (a.k.a. simply background made with a line) next time, so your stick will not move around a totally blank background.
-Remove some useless frames (or make the FPS higher)
-study someone else's (maybe a pro animator that uses lines or pivot) anims
-pratice, don't be discouraged if your first attempts aren't what you wanted, everyone was (or is still) a noob/newbie

Nuclearinsanity
10-10-2012, 04:05 PM
Good, try flash and honor your divine-ness with true quality animation worthy of Jeus himself.

Zed
10-10-2012, 04:09 PM
I'm going to talk about easing, because I think your movements will just improve with practice. You seem to understand them pretty well for a beginner.

And when I say "talk about" I mean "link to a tutorial on" because otherwise there'd have been no point making it. http://forums.stickpage.com/showthread.php?28577-Easing-Everything-You-Need-To-Know

Jeus Christ
10-11-2012, 11:21 PM
"Thank you, and that was a great tutorial I have kept easing in mind when i made the animation but I didn't realize how important it was"
~Jeus Christ

Op34
10-12-2012, 12:04 AM
great job man it's a little slow but it's really good :D
a little practice should do the trick and remember "You Can Do It" :)
oh... of course you can. your Jeus :D

Scarecrow
10-12-2012, 12:17 AM
movements need work also. if you try to run like that in real life, you'll fall over - the front foot should be further forward when stepping.

hueycoy
10-27-2012, 03:46 PM
its his first attempt on pivot.
you know, people who is new at pivot don't know easing. so yeh

mizu
10-27-2012, 05:02 PM
its his first attempt on pivot.
you know, people who is new at pivot don't know easing. so yehThat is why we give people CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM.
Dumb-of-utmost-ass

Anyway, I see you have your frame-rate set to the default, I'd suggest upping it a little, I use 21-33 but that's a matter of preference. Zed's tutorial is a great one, worth the read and helps oh so much. I would also suggest wtfteam.com if you plan on animating pivot most of the time, since the pivot community on stickpage is alittle weak.

13~Agent~13
10-27-2012, 05:17 PM
Its good for a first attempt I mean your still learning and you get better as you go on. Heck my first attempt was a ball falling to the ground XD but everyone gets better

hueycoy
11-04-2012, 06:31 PM
That is why we give people CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM.
Dumb-of-utmost-ass
I AM NOT A DUMBASS