PDA

View Full Version : Tec's Tips

Tecness2
10-12-2012, 10:00 PM
Okay, if you're on to chat, and to buy and other stuff, or if there's not too many people online and you feel as if you're going to be in for a wait, than here's a good tip! If you "love" the music, go into the tutorial, and turn off the music. Just leave the tutorial and go back to your business.
If you're lagging a bit and are lagging out every second game. Press SHIFT + CTRL + ESC. Go into the processes menu and select show processes from all users. Right click the process of your browser (Example, chrome. There should be 4 if you have 1 tab open). Next, select "Set Priority" and change it to "Above Normal." See the note.
Close all other open tabs, stop all downloads, exit out of steam & origin (and other programs like that). This should help a bit with performance.
If your game screen is cutoff a bit, zoom out one time (Press and hold CTRL and scroll down once). This might also improve performance(Thanks Crazy Jay)
Another thing you should do, is after roughly 30 minutes (or 3 games) close the browser and go get something to eat. Not only will this give your computer a chance to cooldown a bit, it will also reset the memory usage for your browser, and you get some food too.

Note: Don't do this if you feel as though your computer might break. If it does break, I am not liable for any fixing. It shouldn't break though(Doesn't mean it can't).

These are all I got right now for performance. Now, for gameplay.

Do NOTGo straight for giants. Giants are good, but they will not win you the game alone. Giants are meant to support the army, and help kill the statue. Not be your first, and last, line of offense and defense. Sure you may win a couple games spamming giants, but later, you're going to get your ass kicked....hard.
Do not leave your miners undefended early game. This will ensure a few deaths and could cost you the game.
Have 8 miners on gold and 3-5 on the statue. Depending how mana costly your strategy will be.
The upgrades from the armory don't actually do anything for in-game stats. They just look cool.

That's all I'm giving for gameplay. Goodluck, and happy hunting.

CRAZY JAY
10-13-2012, 01:00 AM
Wow nice Job these are good tips, I also have found another one that helps for speed on the slower computers.

Hold CNTRL down and Mouse Scroll downward to make the flash screen size smaller, this helps a ton sometimes.

We are working on something now that will automatically do this for really slow computers , We are also working on a few other tricks to improve the game speed for everyone.

Brandonn
10-13-2012, 01:32 AM
Great work man this will surely help people.
+1

Tecness2
10-21-2012, 06:56 AM
BUMP
I mean Hi, I've added 2 more points.

Luzoto
10-21-2012, 03:03 PM
Giants are good, but they will not win you the game alone. Giants are meant to support the army, and help kill the statue. Not be your first, and last, line of offense and defense. Sure you may win a couple games spamming giants, but later, you're going to get your ass kicked....hard.

Explain further? I have a W/L of 17/6, and usually the base of my army is 5-6 giants, followed by a few other units. I'm not sure if I'm playing with the right people, but giants have been pretty effective as a line of offense when paired with monks, magikill, archidon, etc.

Dracus94
10-21-2012, 04:01 PM
Explain further? I have a W/L of 17/6, and usually the base of my army is 5-6 giants, followed by a few other units. I'm not sure if I'm playing with the right people, but giants have been pretty effective as a line of offense when paired with monks, magikill, archidon, etc.
It takes a long time to get 5-6 giants out. During this time, the other player could have gotten lower tiered units and attacked you when you had no defences.

Tecness2
10-21-2012, 06:00 PM
Reread the last line again. Against people in the top, 20's? (With the exception of Tidyman & one or two others) you'll get your ass kicked because it works against people who barely know how to play the game. As I've stated (I'm very proud of it), I've taken down 12 giant in one game. I bet he was thinking just like you. How do you think he was feeling about giants afterwards?

Panki
10-22-2012, 03:57 PM
Who's Tidyman?

Tecness2
10-22-2012, 04:24 PM
Who's Tidyman?
Someone who's massed giants 6/6 of the games against me and lost 5/6 of his games against me (I lagged out on the 6th)

MiamiBigAL
10-22-2012, 06:03 PM
Want to post some giant killing tips? I don't go giants b/c i think certain low-tiered units are better, but I still do find them very tough to kill.

FrozenFury3
10-25-2012, 01:53 AM
Excellent tips Techness :D <3

EhMeD_Emer
11-18-2012, 12:22 AM
I agree with tec. Spamming giants is not wise and i learnt it...the hard way in one battle.So for advise , this is how I use giants:

I build up an army. I have offense , speartons and swords wrath. I have defense, Archedons and rarely albowtross. I have support, merics and I have power, magi kill.
AT this point I have a stable army. Then I bring in the giants.
Sometimes, to distract the enemy, I send my giant(s) to attack their statue. Meanwhile you can attack or build up your army even further.
Thanks