PDA

View Full Version : DoubleKick

Tolin
05-10-2008, 04:57 AM
Haven't been showing much lately, because collabs and exams.. So here is a short one:
http://www.antiup.net/view.php?id=72616424841DoubleKick.swf
Not much tho..

Update Link:
http://www.*************/open/1210411745

Hopefully final update:
http://www.*************/open/1210421493

Tawnik
05-10-2008, 05:04 AM
Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Lost connection to MySQL server during query in /mounted-storage/home84c/sub006/sc45819-MYTR/antiup.net/dbconnect.php on line 7

Warning: mysql_select_db(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /mounted-storage/home84c/sub006/sc45819-MYTR/antiup.net/dbconnect.php on line 8

Warning: mysql_query() [function.mysql-query]: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/tmp/mysql.sock' (2) in /mounted-storage/home84c/sub006/sc45819-MYTR/antiup.net/view.php on line 4

Warning: mysql_query() [function.mysql-query]: A link to the server could not be established in /mounted-storage/home84c/sub006/sc45819-MYTR/antiup.net/view.php on line 4

Warning: mysql_fetch_array(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /mounted-storage/home84c/sub006/sc45819-MYTR/antiup.net/view.php on line 5

Warning: mysql_query() [function.mysql-query]: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/tmp/mysql.sock' (2) in /mounted-storage/home84c/sub006/sc45819-MYTR/antiup.net/view.php on line 9

Warning: mysql_query() [function.mysql-query]: A link to the server could not be established in /mounted-storage/home84c/sub006/sc45819-MYTR/antiup.net/view.php on line 9
Error, query failed : Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/tmp/mysql.sock' (2)

Error :/

Tolin
05-10-2008, 05:07 AM
?!
It worked fine just a couple of minutes ago...
Fixed

Raffi
05-10-2008, 05:10 AM
Woah, that's one of the smoothest line anims ever!

You gotta teach me xD

One problem is that when the grey guy started falling, the easing was a little messed up.

Houdini
05-10-2008, 05:27 AM
wow, talk about smooth great job!!1

Ssjbryando
05-10-2008, 05:56 AM
Its pretty (mega) smooth, but when the dude is in the air, he makes a weird pose, and looks pretty stiff. but the kick looked nice, the arms are small tho X\ but thats a style thing

Tolin
05-10-2008, 06:04 AM
Argh! Are my animations still stiff?
I bent the legs and arms this time, except in air...

Ssjbryando
05-10-2008, 06:12 AM
Well he had a gooffy moment in the air, when he like went left, and he was about to fall. his body was doing something strange, and it looked kinda unnatural. but its still smooth =P

Vortex
05-10-2008, 06:34 AM
nice and so smooth. how many frames per second ?

Houdini
05-10-2008, 07:25 AM
hmm.. his body seems fine in the air to me..

rx00worth
05-10-2008, 07:28 AM
wow, talk about smooth great job!!1

fine i will talk about smooth

FK THAT WAS SMOOTH, almost like you motion tweened all the parts

Houdini
05-10-2008, 07:39 AM
i know ha...

dam you tolin, why must you be so smooth... wait that sounds weird...

Tolin
05-10-2008, 07:52 AM
Hopefully final update:
http://www.*************/open/1210421493
I think I fixed the air-thing now.

@Vortex: I animate 24 FPS

@Houdini: Yes, that sounds strange..

fitzy
05-10-2008, 08:07 AM
wow awesome, very smooth, i dont get what people are complaining about the grey guy in the air for, it looked fine. no, it wasnt stiff at all, oh and i really liked the movement line stuff like when he kicked, they were very good.

over all, awesome, so smooth too and just an exellent fight move aswell. good job

the only thing i didnt like was the small arms, but i guess thats a style thing like ssj said

Houdini
05-10-2008, 08:12 AM
lol tolin great animation cant see anything wrong with it cause its super smoother

btw fixed my last post.

Tolin
05-10-2008, 08:14 AM
wow awesome, very smooth, i dont get what people are complaining about the grey guy in the air for, it looked fine. no, it wasnt stiff at all, oh and i really liked the movement line stuff like when he kicked, they were very good.

over all, awesome, so smooth too and just an exellent fight move aswell. good job

the only thing i didnt like was the small arms, but i guess thats a style thing like ssj said

Thanks a bunch, man!

Also, I have tried animating with long arms a while back, and I will never do it again:
http://www.*************/open/1210423000

fitzy
05-10-2008, 08:19 AM
you're welcome :)

and why do you find the long arms so different from the short ones?

Tolin
05-10-2008, 08:29 AM
http://www.*************/open/1210423000

Seriously, look at it! And it was a pain to animate that way too...
Dunno why, tho..

fitzy
05-10-2008, 08:31 AM
i did look, and yeah the punch wasnt good...but i dont get why you cant animate long arms. but its your style, so whatever your good with is what im fine with.

New Generation
05-10-2008, 08:34 AM
All was perfect, good effects except the easing is a tiny messed up,meaning slow. :/ When the gray stick figure is in the air.

The punch animation: You should speed it up to make the punch more forceful. Or just add a faster easing of slow(preparing) then fast(a few frames of the actual punch.)

The end was funny, XD

Tolin
05-10-2008, 10:16 AM
Thanks, and by effects, did you mean the motion trails?

And the punch animation is old, and I just made it as a quick test.
The punch was actually supposed to be like that, not powerful at all, and then have the other guy fly like it was a extremely powerful punch.
And I repeat myself; it's old, so you guys don't need to comment it :]

Omega
05-10-2008, 12:47 PM
Why are you using gradients instead of filter blurs?

Smooth and well eased, but movements were stiff and weak.

Tawnik
05-10-2008, 12:52 PM
Really nice,my hat is down :]

Index
05-10-2008, 01:01 PM
Wow, one of the most smooth animations I've ever seen.

So fucking smooth...

Tolin
05-10-2008, 01:05 PM
Why are you using gradients instead of filter blurs?

Smooth and well eased, but movements were stiff and weak.

I'm using gradient because I like it, and I'm kinda done with bluring my sticks. I don't think it looks so good, and I'm bored of it.
And can you please tell me what stiffyness is, because I think that it is when you don't bend legs/arms enough.. And I really tried to do that in this animation.
I'll try better next time on force and such...
Thanks for the comment.

Omega
05-10-2008, 01:16 PM
I'm using gradient because I like it, and I'm kinda done with bluring my sticks. I don't think it looks so good, and I'm bored of it.
And can you please tell me what stiffyness is, because I think that it is when you don't bend legs/arms enough.. And I really tried to do that in this animation.
I'll try better next time on force and such...
Thanks for the comment.

Search for one of SSJbryando's threads which involved help with stiffness; I believe a wrote a whole bunch about it.

EDIT: Here's what I wrote:

'One of your main problems could be easing too much; if you do, everything looks robotic. For example, if a person jumps down and springs back up, there should be no/little frames between the frame in which the person is upright and the frame in which the person is still kneeling down. (fbf Strife's stuff for help, his movements are well-exaggerated)

If a person were to punch and then kick, try making the the kick start to enact right after the punch. You don't want one movement to finish, and then the other to begin. If a person were fighting another person, would they kick only after they punch? No, they would try to punch and then immediately kick after to hurt the other person more.

In other words, the first movement you make should have a smooth, sort of flailing transition into the next movement, and so on. Look at Rakno's stuff if you want.

Hope that helped. Plus, if you were doing exactly what Terkoiz was doing, your animations wouldn't be stiff.'

It sure helped him, so I guess you could try to comprehend this.

mraznbuddy
05-10-2008, 02:56 PM
:| I liked how everything was smooth, but it seemed like there wasn't really any force in the grab.
also when the black stick falls down he shifts a little bit.
keep on animating :D

Tolin
05-10-2008, 03:08 PM
Yes, I have noticed the grab myself, but I don't mind edit it more.

also when the black stick falls down he shifts a little bit.
What? Explain..

And thank you.

New Generation
05-10-2008, 03:26 PM
Also your first kick needs more force, or atleast show that he was kicking him rather than slightly touching him, it looks like he's being pushed by himself too. The leg and the body don't meet properly. I don't know how to explain it really, :(